Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Vi »

Hey Rhinox. When the emotion's over, if anyone wants to never play with you again, you'd be better off without them anyway.
I know you're better than pariah-level.

Have we ever been Town together before? If not, we should roll the dice again and see if it'll happen.~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I don't blame you at all, for what it's worth.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:18 am

Post by GreyICE »

Rhinox
, I don't hate you. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. My problem specifically was time and again, I answered you in what I really felt were true, honest, full answers, just to have them pushed aside.

If you don't see the advantage to what I did, consider this - it gave me a strong town read on you, helped me get a town read on Toasty, and condemned Vi to death. That worked fucking well for a bit of wordplay (and I really did think all along I was a hider, sorry).

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p2994140

I'm sorry, I don't know how else to put this. My breadcrumbs on where the hider was going was incredibly incredibly obvious to the point where I was worried that I was giving the gig away.

I voted for LLD myself, so I'd be a damned hypocrite to get too mad at you.

And now that the game is over, and we can start the MD discussion:
I WILL ALWAYS USE A 1-SHOT HIDER AS A COP ABILITY.

No I wasn't going to use it on Vi. Vi was 100% pure scum. That'd be suicide for no purpose whatsoever. I was going to use it on someone who was 80% scum.

Vi... uh... I dunno what to say. You were playing a good analytical game, it's just when I started to parse your analysis it started to fall apart. Really badly. Like I'd read an entire post, and summarize it, and it'd boil down to "X is less townish." and be 5 paragraphs long. I'd really like to play with you as town sometime, but my god were you driving me insane.

Fuck, I know this wasn't my greatest game, and I've lost enough LyLos to not hate you for it. It does chaff a bit, but I know you put a lot into it.

LLD
... I have no idea why I was scum. You wanted Jahudo dead as much as me, and CES was a mess.

CES
I understand the concept that you can be read through your vote. I will say this - when your vote days one and two is on town over scum, time and again, you'll be read as scum.

Fate
God that neighborhood idea stank and I hope you never use it again. Anything that involves the words 'log out of quicktopic' can go screw off and die. Other than that, the moderation was great for the first few days and good up to the end.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:And now that the game is over, and we can start the MD discussion:
Yes.

I don't mind that you tore me apart. I had a hard time getting into this game and it has been a long time since I've been scum. I did my best with what I had. Driving you insane was a bonus that provided some measure of payback.~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vi wrote:
GreyICE wrote:And now that the game is over, and we can start the MD discussion:
Yes.

I don't mind that you tore me apart. I had a hard time getting into this game and it has been a long time since I've been scum. I did my best with what I had. Driving you insane was a bonus that provided some measure of payback.~

Meh... honestly, most everything you said about me in the deadthread was accurate. So... well, choke it up and I'll try to play better next time :P
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:32 am

That's not my concept at all, GI. I won't deny my scumhunting was off, but that doesn't justify my lynch. If you're looking to absolve yourself of all my responsibility, I'd suggest blaming it on Kdub's quicklynch.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 5:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:That's not my concept at all, GI. I won't deny my scumhunting was off, but that doesn't justify my lynch. If you're looking to absolve yourself of all my responsibility, I'd suggest blaming it on Kdub's quicklynch.

Oh for fucks sake
I'll take responsibility for Jahudo
Or pushing Toasty
But you were scummy and there's no real way around that.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:20 am

Nachomamma read me perfectly. There were reasons to think I'm suspicious (e.g. that my suspicions were wrong), but on the whole I do think the lynch could've been avoided. Heck, maybe I could've convinced Toasty to unvote if I had gotten the chance.

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 am

Post by ToastyToast »

AlmasterGM wrote:As for all the other 5-6 pages of BLAH BLAH back and forth - it's an embarrassment to what Fate calls a GOOD PLAYERLIST. This isn't the fuckin newbie queue - if you choose to ignore LOGIC, NIGHT ACTIONS, and LLD's repeatedly refuted logic and scummy play in favor of LLD's illustrious wordplay, then LLD deserves a scummy and town deserves to lose. not that im counting this game as a loss, I didn't read 60 pages and perform the most BRILLIANT ROLEBLOCK EVER to to put another tick on the loss record .

....BASTARD
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:15 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Mostly Oh U at the dead QT. Once I questioned LLD being scum, things started falling into place. Though I still was wrong on GI by the end.

@GI: Wasn't really trying that hard in the dead topic, honestly. Bear in mind I was basing my reads off LLD scum. So, before you criticize, I suggest you get a read for the situation, Mr. Pope that was completely wrong about everything.

@GI: No, CES was a terrible lynch. I could tell he was town from the start and nothing I saw changed that. Jahudo was a terrible lynch for reasons I outlined D1. I forget what it was but he had a swing vote or swing claim that more or less CONFIRMED him as town. You all were just dumbasses about it.

@Rhinox: Anyway, I know you don't talk about me, but I want to reassure you that you aren't policy lynch material in my eyes. No, you aren't the greatest, but you're no vezok :P.

@GI: To be honest, I thought you were milking the fuck out of me "confirming" you and it felt scummy. I probably should have known better.

@CES/GI: I also read CES pretty well, I think. I don't think I ever actually thought he was scum (though correct me if I'm wrong)

So, yeah, what irritates me most is dying N1. I WASN'T PLAYING GOOD ENOUGH FOR THAT "HONOR"!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Kdub »

Thanks for modding, Fate. I thought it was an interesting setup, and by chance, I had just re-watched Cowboy Bebop a few weeks before this game started (I had seen it once before about 8 years ago). I think it was somewhat scum-favored when the bounty powers were taken into account, but that never became an issue. One thing that I think would have been cool is for scum and/or town to have some way to manipulate who the bounty was on. I'm not sure how you would have done that without having to re-balance the bounty powers, but it would have been an interesting wrinkle.

Keeping Grey alive was by design because we thought he would push mislynches, but in retrospect, I probably would have killed him on N3. I think he changed his mind often enough that it kinda became unpredictable whether he would be on the right track or not, so we were fortunate that leaving him alive that long didn't come back to bite us.

Yeah, I started lurking the last couple days when I needed to fence-sit and wait to see whether AGM's roleblock gambit was going to work or not. The rest of the game, I think I was playing normally. I have a tendency to post at a frequency inversely proportional to the activity level of the game as a whole, regardless of alignment, and this was definitely a high-volume game for its size.

The Jahudo lynch was a really good break for the scum because it was entirely town-pushed and made me and AGM look good for not being on it. I think I would have gone for the Seraphim and CES lynches as town just because their claims were sketchy.

AGM/Vi, any objections to sharing our QT?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Vi »

UncertainKitten wrote:Mr. Pope
I still like the idea of swapping "Bandwagoning Ho" out for "Our Lady of Lambda Delta".

See, this is why you don't kill me. I'm entertaining.

Also