Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Kast »

@Llama & Hewitt-
AM and SF did really hurt your team by creating early and obvious ties. But both of your extreme overreactions to the Coup was probably the main thing that eventually got you both caught.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

One thing that was interesting about this game was that scum did a much better job of scumhunting eachother then the town did for the most part. I had kast down from around day three, hewitt did eventually too. Kast was one of the only ones on the two of us.

I just was in trouble from the start in this one, since my scum play heavily hinges on being able to make NKs to keep the game going in directions I like, even if im not killing the most pro-town people, just the ones that will prove to be threats.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kast wrote:@KMD-
If saber had not claimed to be town in that other game, would you have trusted him in this one?
No. I actually didn't trust it until I saw him flipping town in all of his other games. Then I figured it wasn't a coincidence.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Kast »

I just was in trouble from the start in this one, since my scum play heavily hinges on being able to make NKs to keep the game going in directions I like, even if im not killing the most pro-town people, just the ones that will prove to be threats.
Strong agreement. This is even more pronounced with a single surviving scum.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Kast wrote:@Llama & Hewitt-
AM and SF did really hurt your team by creating early and obvious ties. But both of your extreme overreactions to the Coup was probably the main thing that eventually got you both caught.
I actually wanted you up more because I figured you were scum then because you had the coup. I just tried to use that paranoia to get you up faster.
Co-host of The USL Show
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

I think I was concerned by the use of the coup being used in final 4 and that should never happen in this game.
As for POV again final 4 should not be used. I didn't want to get 2 scums into final 4 with coup because that would be almost an auto win
I will have to check my computer at work for some people's guess's on the clues but I didn't get too many people that tried to guess the puzzles
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by pablito »

kast - bv was never confirmed in my eyes. I started to shut up on final day still because I couldn't trust him even then.

I think that the addition of 2 extra townies really gave the town a better chance, and it made the game more balanced than the first incarnation. but then again the first version had a very vocal and trusted townie that was very far off. Therefore I have to wonder if the game hinges upon how well the scum teams actually execute their "scumhunting". Last time scum were able to scumhunt but still put up suspected townies (like what sly attempted) and get away with it, this time it seems like scumteams were put down and expected to try to lynch their suspects which may have meant fewer suspects in the end.

however, farside, you were a little bit more lax on people being able to announce possession of coup and pov - any rationale for that?

btw - did most people realize I was the mod of big brother mafia (beta version)? or was that a detail most glossed over?

toward the end of the game I started to realise that I was playing the best chenbot game. I softballed sly, but went hardcore against sir (the weaker of the two partners in the beginning) and was able to rationalise why I hadn't voted sly, yet I still showed some suspicion toward sly early on (but only after he had completed his nom sequence). And when people had mentioned I was not very likely a chenbot, I started to emphasize it as well. Too bad I wasn't a chenbot, because that would've been a good victory.
Sup, later.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Pablito, I realized, but didn't really use that for anything.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

however, farside, you were a little bit more lax on people being able to announce possession of coup and pov - any rationale for that?
I didn't see a reason to ping anyone for announcing they had POV. Look what happened to finch when he announced and used POV everyone thought he was scum.
Kast stated it and many wanted to put him up to use it early. I was a bit surprised he didn't keep that fact to himself but I can see a pro-town prospective on it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Nice game. Really not my type, I must say, but it was nice still. Sorry town for my bad play, at least you managed to win despide that.

Go town!

And, btw, I told you Llama was scum.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

Post by SlySly »

Oh, great and fun game farside!! I'm glad I was able to play.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by hewitt »

Kast wrote: But both of your extreme overreactions to the Coup was probably the main thing that eventually got you both caught.
naw that wasn't a big deal at all. it's how i would've reacted if i was a town player, had nothing to do with me being scum. and yeah i think scum did most of the scum hunting fer the floaters lol.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm glad you guys had fun (those that did) I am glad pab's had a chance to join since he came up with the orginal idea way back in the day.
Congrats to the town for getting this right. I thought for sure Kast was going to make the final 3 but Crazy called him out and as soon as he got HOH I was sure Kast was done for.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by hewitt »

oh i had a lot of fun too btw lol. and yeah i was just like okay fuck this if our scum team isn't going to win this i'm going to make sure as hell the other scum team doesn't...which is why i tapped crazy.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

hewitt wrote:oh i had a lot of fun too btw lol. and yeah i was just like okay fuck this if our scum team isn't going to win this i'm going to make sure as hell the other scum team doesn't...which is why i tapped crazy.
I was in the same shoes. Everything I was saying in thread (except thinking SB was scum, never got understood that) was what I was thinking. I was going to be surprised if Kast wasnt scum, and shocked if it wasnt him OR kmd.

I need to work on multi-scum faction play. Never have had a good one, then again never have been town in one.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”