SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

falcon wrote:words
Oh great. The S&S flashbacks are starting and I haven't even seen the case yet.

In post 1772, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1770, Cephrir wrote:Does whatever the fuck this is line up with those town games?

In post 1525, TiphaineDeath wrote:Tell me, cephrir my friend, in what sane universe are me and AOS both possibly scum?

^I don't even know what to call this

In post 1662, TiphaineDeath wrote:1579+1580=cephrir scum. He responds to my same post in two different, both derogatory ways. He planned and wanted to respond and make sure I got shut down and lumped in as scum with ace, he also forgot he had already done so, not town play. See, ace has been incredibly scummy, but he can't be scum as long is cephrir is unless we are in multiball, so cephrir is the lynch.

^Overstated certainty on a moonlogic case

In post 1716, TiphaineDeath wrote:My points are completely valid cephrir, so ima go with option two.

^Ignoring my rebuttal, not trying to push me in a remotely effective manner

It does, p much, though his interactions with players besides you feel a little more like his town game.

Well, that's frustrating. It's like dealing with a deliberately frustrating version of Titus.

In post 1773, ooba wrote:
@Cephrir:

D1, I usually work with PoV. I spot town reads and I try and sort out who I'd like to lynch from the rest.

I want to remember to compare this.

In post 1773, ooba wrote:I like your reaction to the suspicion\people going 'Cephrir's scum' - you move to 'mild town with paranoia' for now.
^Think you're barking up the wrong tree on TD though.

Ffery is doing a pretty solid job of talking me down for now, though I'm not going to quit hounding him.

In post 1773, ooba wrote:It's unfortunate, but my main suspect still remains FT. I just don't feel good about that slot. Not a viable counter wagon today though. Also, that *nagging feeling* is telling me that ace would be a town flip.

I kinda have this too, but I literally always have this about the day 1 lynch, so I know better than to care about it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

A skim leaves me surprisingly little to say about that post. Maybe I'll try again when I don't feel like I'm about to be waterboarded.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Aeronaut »

.... I'm up to Page 22. I guess I asked for this by replacing in, but it's getting sort of eh.

* I don't really understand why Xombie's pre-confirmation joke-post should be a big point of discussion. Why would he go out of his way to make it look like he had a read, when he could have just been not posting along with half the playerlist?
* Metalsonic for [2] pages has continued pushing "I have a guilty on Xombie". Whether he's using it for reactions or not, he IS definitely doing that instead of taking stances on anything going on.
* ZZZX's post 423 makes me think I probably overreacted at the fakeclaim. Eh.
* Minimal catchup by TD in post 484

Here's what I'm thinking atm

TOWN
House
AP

Town-Lean
Ooba
BitMap

Very Slight Scum
Xombie

SCUMLEAN
----------------------
Farside
Solar Wind
Imperium
Fourtrouble
MetalSonic

I might just skip 30 or so page and read what's currently going on instead, with deadline closing in. Anyone oppose?
2023 W/L | 1-0
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 am

Post by House »

In post 1777, Aeronaut wrote:
Here's what I'm thinking atm

TOWN
House
AP

Town-Lean
Ooba
BitMap

Very Slight Scum
Xombie

SCUMLEAN
----------------------
Farside
Solar Wind
Imperium
Fourtrouble
MetalSonic

I might just skip 30 or so page and read what's currently going on instead, with deadline closing in. Anyone oppose?

Reasons?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I've said the reasons in the catchup post.

That's basically just a summary in list-form
2023 W/L | 1-0
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1777, Aeronaut wrote:* I don't really understand why Xombie's pre-confirmation joke-post should be a big point of discussion. Why would he go out of his way to make it look like he had a read, when he could have just been not posting along with half the playerlist?

This argument could be applied to essentially any post.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1780, Cephrir wrote:* I don't really understand why Xombie's pre-confirmation joke-post should be a big point of discussion. Why would he go out of his way to make it look like he had a read, when he could have just been not posting along with half the playerlist?

I mean during Pre-confirmation stage. Nobody was going to call him out for being quiet before the game had started.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Solar Wind »

My Ceph post is probably going to come later tonight. In the meantime, I'd like thoughts on the rest of my reads.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Ceph, I kinda like the stuff you've said this morning, but I also kinda feel like you're echoing back what I'm saying/telegraphing to some extent, aside from the TD read, where you're taking my word for it that town-TD is no stranger to moon logic etc.. :/
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1781, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1780, Cephrir wrote:* I don't really understand why Xombie's pre-confirmation joke-post should be a big point of discussion. Why would he go out of his way to make it look like he had a read, when he could have just been not posting along with half the playerlist?

I mean during Pre-confirmation stage. Nobody was going to call him out for being quiet before the game had started.

I don't think most people calculate that much. If they're reading along, they post. If scum, presumably something they think sounds townie.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 1584, RachMarie wrote:Aeronaut

You can't vote MS or Mastin today based on a PR action that took them both out of play for D 1.

How about putting your vote somewhere where it counts? In other words who else are you scum reading besides MS?

His PR was annoying but it does not seem like something that would be given to scum. And his action was mod confirmed. So it was not a fake claim.

Also just saw this.

I didn't realize I couldn't vote for him today, I thought he was just out-of-thread

UNVOTE:
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VOTE: 4T

Should die today
2023 W/L | 1-0
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1783, Solar Wind wrote:Ceph, I kinda like the stuff you've said this morning, but I also kinda feel like you're echoing back what I'm saying/telegraphing to some extent, aside from the TD read, where you're taking my word for it that town-TD is no stranger to moon logic etc.. :/

You're ffery. Your meta prowess rises above all other meta. I don't believe you would make up meta even if you were scum, and I don't think you're scum. I'm fine with putting him on the back burner for a little while.

I've tried to do my own meta before. It's interesting, but I've yet to produce any results. The first time I tried it, I couldn't even see differences. The second was in AW, wherein I came out feeling like I had a handle on Lynx but then didn't feel sure matching the present game with either past game.

I am still planning on using some abilities on TD this cycle, though, and I think that will help me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:19 am

Post by House »

VOTE: Aeronaut

[insert clothing here]

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Clothing?

Are you freeing a house-elf
2023 W/L | 1-0
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 am

Post by House »

In post 1789, Aeronaut wrote:Clothing?

Are you freeing a house-elf

You know... so it's not a naked vote.

Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Lol

You get me house
2023 W/L | 1-0
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 1787, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1783, Solar Wind wrote:Ceph, I kinda like the stuff you've said this morning, but I also kinda feel like you're echoing back what I'm saying/telegraphing to some extent, aside from the TD read, where you're taking my word for it that town-TD is no stranger to moon logic etc.. :/

You're ffery. Your meta prowess rises above all other meta.
I don't believe you would make up meta even if you were scum, and I don't think you're scum. I'm fine with putting him on the back burner for a little while.

I've tried to do my own meta before. It's interesting, but I've yet to produce any results. The first time I tried it, I couldn't even see differences. The second was in AW, wherein I came out feeling like I had a handle on Lynx but then didn't feel sure matching the present game with either past game.

I am still planning on using some abilities on TD this cycle, though, and I think that will help me.

Oh bullshit re the bolded. And you're right, I don't make up meta, but I can be highly selective regarding what I share about someone's meta when I'm scum.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

That's not bullshit and you know it :P
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

Maybe you don't know it, I guess. I believe it though and you can't stop me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:1) FourTrouble - Strongest townread for me and it is partly meta-based as I think he's playing beyond the level he's capable of as scum. The points against him I've read so far (one-liners, questions going nowhere) are all stuff that's either the core of his towngame or being misinterpreted.

I think you underestimate what I'm "capable" of; the difference is I don't give any fucks as scum (but I think I could be good at scum if this weren't just a game and I cared more).

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:10) TiphaineDeath - While his early posts felt ridiculously fake and even his later posts feel somewhat over the top, the way he pursues scumreads with confidence that he's right feels town such as in Post 614. I also liked how he used the neighborhood to develop his reads further on us and Imperium. His initial push on my Ank read is something I can plausibly see coming from town. His overall ISO comes across as incredibly jumpy and all over the place which actually explains FT's case on him quite well. His flip-flop on us, Imperium, Ceph, and FT are all whimsical and his memory in general seems to be short term. For instance, calling Ceph town in Post 1421 to voting him in Post 1601, and abandoning his FT scumread for seemingly no reason. So, I disagree with FT on his Ace vote being scummy after he chained Mantis and AP together as it feels like impulsive jumping around.

I strongly disagree with your analysis here. However you spin it, his bizarre attack on AP (phrasing included) is extremely scummy, and the jump on Ace was extremely opportunistic. And confidence in reads isn't inherently a town-tell, so that's not really the massive town-tell you're saying it is.

In post 1771, Solar Wind wrote:21) Cephrir - Easily my strongest scumread. I can sort of see why people are townreading him but because of the walls and analysis but nothing he has done this game is town-motivated and I'll outline my case on him in a separate post.

22) Mastin2 - Mastin is one of the players I find incredibly hard to read due to the tendency of being manipulative as town. But I haven't found the town markers from Tales/Quickness/Serum and Steel here. His read on AP in Post 687 felt hesitant, weak, and ambiguous. The reads in Post 736 don't resonate as much as I've come to expect Mastin-reads to resonate. Mastin's Rach-read quite frankly sucks. Rach has been incredibly town and it feels more like she's setting up Rach to be lynched down the road when Rach's defended have been nightkilled. The AP townread in Post 1167 is weak as well and doesn't have the passion that town-Mastin tends to have when sorting AP. Saying the AceOfSpades wagon had a steady build feels like we're not reading the same game. TheAceOfSpades wagon was a series of votes with little explanation on an easy target and seems like a designated D1 mislynch. Mastin's overall choices of targets and how she went about developing them don't feel natural at all.

I agree with these reads.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

:/
Bartleby the Scrivener
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:16 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1786, Aeronaut wrote:VOTE: 4T

Should die today

Why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:17 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1767, Cephrir wrote:Right. When I read AP's posts they feel town, but when I try to remember what they said later I tend to draw a blank. That's interesting, though? I would ask Mastin to talk about it, but I imagine she'll say something like, "Bluntly. He's just
town
." which while perhaps accurate, does not really help me :P

I have played one game with TD. Both town. We mislynched him, but he's way scummier here. That was also the most apathetic town game I've played in recent memory.

I played only once with td. He was town and I was scum. He was mislynched that game. My issue with him is how different he is but its not enough to push it, it is enough not to follow or trust him right now.

I have in my notes to read your longer post about scum reads on players.
Those you listed, only 3 are not on my town list. One is mastin the other is lyse.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:18 am

Post by farside22 »

2 not 3.

Post preview is not my friend.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”