Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1773, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1769, Tierce wrote:No, MoI. There is absolutely no mention of a nation in that PM related to the role itself.

So what? I never said anything about that sort of thing at all. Are you purposefully mis-reading my posts? It clear as fucking day says in the sample PM what nation that character is from. You even show I'm right in your response. So what exactly is your point? All I asked is what nation Spyrex was from. He derped it up and said "I don't have one" when low and behold he does.

No, it does not say where the token-character-Lucius is from. This is nitpicking--it says where his
sponsor
is from, Etruria. Lucius's own nation is implicit via the color of his name (light blue means Etruria).

What I'm saying is that your suspicion of SpyreX over this is unbased. I'm a townread of yours--and I have no explicit nation. Suspecting SpyreX because his role says "
CHARACTER NAME HERE
, of the Laguz Alliance Army" is out of place because
my own role does not say I'm Crimean
. It's in the color:
Gallia
Crimea

tl;dr:
If you suspect SpyreX for something else, fine. But this makes no sense, I am perfectly capable of believing that his role PM does not have any explicit reference to Gallia.

PEdit: Scumrex is Spyrex-scum.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 am

Post by danakillsu »

Given the VCA and PoE done by others, I'd say singer, DDD, and Magister Ludi are the best lynches to choose from. Magister Ludi's FoS of me reads town for details I won't get into.

DDD reads pretty scummy to me. Places what purports to be a temporary vote, but doesn't remove it, which I think is because the wagon has picked up steam. Also, his conversation with SpyreX sets off warning bells with me, though I'm not entirely sure why yet.
Vote: DDD

Investigation of singersigner is definitely happening at some point as well.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, what the heck. Let's give this a shot.

I'd like one person from each of the following nations to come out and claim their nation name:

Begnion

Serenes

Goldoa

Just say, in big bold letters, "
I AM FROM <NATION X>
." If someone else from your nation has already come out of the closet, please don't. I really just want three peoples' nations so far.

PEdit: MoI, I don't think singer is scum. Didn't one of your heads also agree that singer is protown? Why are you wasting your time with this? Listen to your better half, please.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

Glork after this is done remind me of this post
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Avenging Angel
Avenging Angel
Townie
Avenging Angel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Avenging Angel »

@MoI: Zero baseline credibility and the unavailability of meta shield is acceptable. Indeed, it is really the whole point. Meta is an incredibly sharp double-edged sword, particularly in such esteemed company as this. Alternative accounts provide a clean slate with which to experiment with; if my methodology is weak enough that I find myself wanting a meta crutch, then the new approach is flawed.

I am willing at this point to give Spyrex a pass, and here's why: Scum has no reason to claim "no nation." It isn't worth the WIFOM. It isn't even worth the (very uncertain) chance that someone like myself will recognize this and give him a pass. Spyrex is good enough that he has other options available to him aside from a "shoot the moon" strategy like that. Claiming "no nation" is too insanely risky to be anything but the truth. Even if scum had no nation, they'd fakeclaim one of them to be on the safe side.

PE: Just to assuage my own immediate doubts, I did a quick delve of Spyrex's previous games. I see no evidence of him taking absurd or unreasonably risky gambits as scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

PE: Just to assuage my own immediate doubts, I did a quick delve of Spyrex's previous games. I see no evidence of him taking absurd or unreasonably risky gambits as scum.

Wellll to be fair look deeper. Cause that part is true enough even if it has nothing to do with nothing.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 1776, danakillsu wrote:Given the VCA and PoE done by others, I'd say singer, DDD, and Magister Ludi are the best lynches to choose from. Magister Ludi's FoS of me reads town for details I won't get into.

....Please actually read the game instead of looking at Vote Counts, VCA's, and PoE from others of all the fucking people. I don't think any of the people who are obvtown have even done one of those for fucks sake.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:36 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 1777, Glork wrote:I'd like one person from each of the following nations to come out and claim their nation name:
Begnion
Serenes
Goldoa

So Glork - why did you choose two nations who already have 1 player deceased?
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Spyrex really isn't going to be lynched today. I've read him wrong in every fucking game I've played with him minus maybe Defcon 3 where he died before it mattered anyways so I'm actively avoiding that pile of shit. If anything, it's best to leave him for a vig or to lynch him when you have townreads(or a stronger scumread on him than anyone else) on all players in the game, himself excluded.

Been looking at the blue number like Tierce did. Obviously it's 1 of being - role related, mod-interaction, something that doesn't rely on the actual parts of the Day phase that we can physically see as far as I can tell because he specifically increased it between the Vig part of the night phase and the NK part.

1) Quil was a town read of mine
2) Hindu had promised to hammer
3) If Implosion was close to death too, I thought Hindu might wait before auto hammering.

You and I both know the VT claim was an insta-death.

Vote: TSH
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 1777, Glork wrote:Oh, what the heck. Let's give this a shot.

I'd like one person from each of the following nations to come out and claim their nation name:

Begnion

Serenes

Goldoa

I really don't feel comfortable about this being claimed because of the scum wincon, the blue numbers, and given the abnormality and strange mechanics in this game.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1782, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1777, Glork wrote:I'd like one person from each of the following nations to come out and claim their nation name:
Begnion
Serenes
Goldoa

So Glork - why did you choose two nations who already have 1 player deceased?

Do you honestly think I'm going to answer that question?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:11 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: TSH

Willing to follow Hindu on this one. TSH has been pinging for me hardcore.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:14 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 1785, Glork wrote:Do you honestly think I'm going to answer that question?

Well with this response I'll slot you with Tierce for the moment ...
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1787, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1785, Glork wrote:Do you honestly think I'm going to answer that question?

Well with this response I'll slot you with Tierce for the moment ...

I'm well aware of who was dead from which nations when I picked those three that I listed.

I'm not going to sit here and let you (or your scumbuddies) try to guess which nation I'm from, or which nation(s) I'm seeking people from.

Go fuck yourself. Seriously. Stop being fucking retarded if you're town.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Alchemist »

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Unvote
Vote: Teleporting Speed Hippos

Finally, we are getting a little traction here. Oman still deserves a righteous kick in the ass and a lynch. He really hasn't done much of anything, and that's not his only problem.

For duplicity,

In post 1707, Duplicity wrote:Ludi, can you explain for me two things 1) Why you believed Implosion was a bad lynch in Post 1440 and 2) Why you stated that you'd ISO him in Post 1518 and never followed through on it. Also while you're at it post a summary of your reads for me.

1. To be honest, nothing he had done struck me as coming from scum. I was heavily surprised when he flipped scum after the night here. I probably wouldn't have voted him today either, and would likely have pursued other people. Nothing in his iso really stuck out to me as something I would vote someone over, plus he was calling me town, and I thought he had a good townie read on my slot.

2. I isoed him, but still didn't see anything bad, didn't really want to drop a giant wall on someone I probably wasn't going to vote, and got distracted else where with quilford and etc. I don't always type everything I'm thinking regarding reads etc. If I think their only purpose is to clutter the thread.

3. Lets see,
scum: TSH, Oman, Dana, and Alchemist (though no one agrees with me on alchemist. Maybe at this point he's just annoyed me too much)
top town reads; SpyreX, Tierce, Glork, Toasty

I'm not sure what exactly you want and if you want more, but thats where i'm at.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Nexus »

Could someone explain to me how VCAs are useful at this early point in the game, and how they are not distracting and useless at this point in the game? I fail to see it.
Trans rights are human rights.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

They're not super awesome, but it is somewhat useful to analyze where the known scum decided to push and poke for a lynch and the people he was defending and avoiding, it lets us start to make connections and get more solid scumreads. Like implosion pushing on toasty, and now toasty is very likely town.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1791, Nexus wrote:Could someone explain to me how VCAs are useful at this early point in the game, and how they are not distracting and useless at this point in the game? I fail to see it.

The "scums' first interactions usually aren't block voting" thing is useful. Knowing Implosion is town, it's pretty unlikely that Hindu/Alchemist (who voted Dramonic with him relatively early on) are his scumbuddies.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:21 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1781, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 1776, danakillsu wrote:Given the VCA and PoE done by others, I'd say singer, DDD, and Magister Ludi are the best lynches to choose from. Magister Ludi's FoS of me reads town for details I won't get into.

....Please actually read the game instead of looking at Vote Counts, VCA's, and PoE from others of all the fucking people. I don't think any of the people who are obvtown have even done one of those for fucks sake.

This is a masterful out-of-context quote that attempts to construe me as not really trying. However, it still failed. In addition, you just moved from town to null.

In post 1791, Nexus wrote:Could someone explain to me how VCAs are useful at this early point in the game, and how they are not distracting and useless at this point in the game? I fail to see it.

I think there are more helpful things you could be saying at this juncture. Who's scum and why?

Glork wrote:

The "scums' first interactions usually aren't block voting" thing is useful.
Knowing Implosion is town
, it's pretty unlikely that Hindu/Alchemist (who voted Dramonic with him relatively early on) are his scumbuddies.

Bold added.

WUT?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

I am sure he meant knowing implosion is scum.

I would also liked to second, third, fifth, twenty-seventh, the call for Nexus to please do something regarding the game we are all currently in.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Glork »

Knowing implosion is scum. Whatever. I'm occupied.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Also delayed answer to Katsuki's question.

I think you're faking care to look like you're actually trying to be busy and focus on the game. I'd say it's a bit scummy but not enough to actually be scum.

Dana: I'm still convinced Alchemist is scum, but I need to re-read him. TSH would also be a good lynch candidate.
Trans rights are human rights.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count (12):
Tibarn
:right: Magister Ludi (L-7) ~ Tierce, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Duplicity, Alchemist, Teleporting Speed Hippos, MaguaofIllusion
Teleporting Speed Hippos (L-10) ~ Hinduragi, Glork, Magister Ludi
Alchemist (L-12) ~ UberNinja
SpyreX (L-12) ~
MaguaofIllusion,
GreyICE
UberNinja (L-12) ~ Lady Lambdadelta
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-12) ~
Alchemist,
danakillsu
Oman (L-13) ~
Magister Ludi

Not Voting:
Teleporting Speed Hippos,
dramonic, Gammagooey,
Glork,
Avenging Angel,
Hinduragi,
Katsuki, Shmugen, Nexus, Nikanor, Oman, singersigner, SpyreX, Tammy, ToastyToast,
danakillsu

--With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Tierce »

Huh no. You are not abusing my "I really haven't read yet and it will still not happen today" vote. Everything in its due time.

UNVOTE: Magister Ludi

Alchemist, Hinduragi was replying to Lady Lambdadelta.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”