Open 526: Lock, Stock and Nine Smoking Barrels (GAME OVER!~)

NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:47 am

Post by NicCage »

Preemptive bah post.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:02 am

Post by T S O »

If you're trolling scum you seriously suck. :|
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

Votecount 3.05

[LYNCH] NicCage
: (T S O, yabbaguy, beastcharizard, Bicephalous Bob, KX)

[2] KX
: (NicCage, Rail Tracer)
[1] T S O
: (TheIrishPope)

With 8 alive, it took 5 votes to lynch.
Flavor and Flip coming soon~

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

I’ve been avoidin’ this for awhile ‘cus it’s been a little awkward for everybody—NicCage lives in this town. Now, I know that sounds farfetched, but it’s true. No one know if he’s actually Nicholas Cage or an impersonator or even a stunt double or what, but there’s definitely a guy living here that calls himself NicCage and looks way too much like genius actor in Face/Off and The Wicker Man. Well, not all of that is true. He’s not living here anymore. NicCage was lynched today.

There’d been a good deal of anxiety about the man to this point. I mean, if someone was behind these corpses, why not NicCage? Makes plenty of sense if you don’t think too hard about it. And, trust me, no one thought too hard about it. As we release the bees into his house and they stung him to death, we all thought maybe this was a bit of a gruesome way to kill a man. Then again, we remembered what happened to the innocents of this town, and that doubled our resolve. If NicCage was scum, he was to die this painful death.

After the screaming stopped and the bees dispersed, we broke into his home and found the walls covered in pictures of people with NicCage’s face painted over them. We pressed onward through the creepy domain, only to find NicCage’s corpse in a lounge-chair, clutching an N64 controller, the eerie light of a modded version of Majora’s Mask illuminating the scene. We ransacked the place, and found no evidence linking him to the crimes, just music videos of him as Miley Cyrus or various Pokemon. The only weapon in the entire place was a gun with NicCage’s face painted on the single bullet still in the chamber.

We didn’t know if we should be relieved or horrified at what we’d done. Sure, NicCage was a weird guy, but he was no Mafioso. We were no closer to ending the string of murders that’d been taking place in this town—and for the first time, we felt awkwardly responsible for them.

NicCage was Lynched on Day 3. He was a
Town 1-Shot PGO.
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

No one got any sleep. We all knew there’d be another killing tonight. As if we called the act forth with our anticipation, it happened at exactly midnight. A cry pierced the dreadful silence of the night, and by the time the few people left in this town made it there, the deed was more than done.

The Rail Tracer’s face was gone. Smashed in, more like, as a nearby baseball bat smeared with his blood indicated. His killer was nowhere to be found and for a long moment I wondered if the armed populace of this town didn’t know how to shoot their guns or if they were just wasting their ammo shooting at shadows.

Nevertheless, we never found Rail Tracer’s gun. I thought maybe he threw it away for some reason, but when I went looking for it I found something more disturbing—a red shirt, covered in blood. The person who did this knew we’d be looking for him. I turned back to the rest of the town’s survivors gathered here. One of those bastards had to be the killer. The day was starting early, and we’d find out who it was—one way or another.

Rail Tracer was Killed on Night 3. He was a
Town 1-Shot PGO.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

What happened next? Well, we did the math and figured that there was no way that our town outnumbered the members of the murderous mafia--and we were right. There was a bit of debate among some townies and eventually Bob stepped forward and pulled out his gun, announcing, "It was me, the Irish Pope, and KX. It was us all along." In seconds, the crew shot down the remaining survivors, killing them all there, on the spot.

I was left alive, and when I asked why, the Irish Pope responded in an eerily silky voice, "You're not dead for one reason--so you can tell the world what happened here. Do you really think we're going to stop at just this town?"

And, so, that's why I'm here now, telling you this story. I know, it sounds far fetched, but there's a mafia out there that's headed your way. I'll never forget the day that
Mafia Won

Teams, Actions, QTs coming ASAP.
I decided to rule in favor of a mafia win, since town had used up all of their PGO shots except for Beast Charizard. There was no way that town could gain a majority or end in a draw so long as scum played to their wincon. The only way that today would have proceeded is if the scum hit a PGO shot last night or if town hadn't used their shots--in which case, it could've ended in either a win or a draw from town, depending on play.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

MAFIA TEAM: KX, Bicephalous Bob, and The Irish Pope

NIGHT ACTIONS:

Night 1

KX killed pieceofpecanpie.
No one armed themselves.

Night 2

KX killed JacobSavage.
Rail Tracer armed himself.

Night 3

TSO armed himself.
Yabbaguy armed himself.
KX killed Rail Tracer.

QUICK TOPICS:

DEAD THREAD:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/dxRcyL4peQQN
SCUM HANGOUT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/PzuezQKtE3sk
SPOILER QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/tGpDWc2gCXKD
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

My thoughts on the setup and future setups:

Mafia should be required to deliver a kill every night.
I don't know how I feel about an even number of players.
There's a good deal of swing for this in town's regard, but I think that town was too hesitant to arm themselves early on in the game.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:08 am

Post by T S O »

FUCKING TIP

I KNEW YOU WERE SCUM BUT YOU ACTUALLY CONVINCED ME OTHERWISE YOU STUPID BASTARD

FUCK YOU ALL.

I'd genuinely consider a nommy for Best Scum Team performance right here
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 am

Post by T S O »

goddamnit RT I'm so sorry

I basically threw the game
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:13 am

Post by T S O »

also yay from sending the scumteam to the mod before I even saw the flip of the dead

as usual, too late.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I think town never managed to get really organized and scum took huge advantage of that.

Also, thanks so much for putting up with me through my first modding experience! I hope you guys enjoyed the game!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 am

Post by T S O »

you were a great mod, goes w/o saying

damnit
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

Well, the high number of replace-outs early game really didn't help town.
Late game, there wasn't an incredibly amount of town enthusiasm, either.
Meanwhile, the scum QT was pretty chatty all game.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:25 am

Post by T S O »

yeah :(
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I still had fun.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I basically relapsed this game and fell for idiotic behavioral tells. There was nothing to build on momentum wise and NicCage was always getting lynched, but that's dreadful. TIP did a good job selling the stupidly dogmatic Townie schtick, I've played so many games with "that guy" who has a loud opinion and a complete incapacity of conveying it.
What threw me - BB - I thought you were much less inquisitive and more abrasive in another scum game I looked up, I forget which. That's another zing against using meta.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@Varsoon: Agreed with your take, I would rather see it be 13P and compulsive kill. At times I wished you would show up more often to count votes or issue prods, it may have contributed in part to the overall apathy in the thread, but that is a matter of free time to be fair. Not my business to pry into why that was. Your flavor was great and you otherwise ran it fine.

---

I'd really like to see the QT, but I might also just reread the whole thread now that I know who the scum are and how they royally fucked our apathetic Town over. With all those replacements, my mind was in a billion pieces trying to glean how to keep track of any one particular slot if I did that in game.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

How dare you outguess my WIFOM about arming myself Night 1. I typed out a PM for Varsoon and
didn't
send it. :(

Also, my scumreads in dead thread are pretty lol...
For the record my guess is KX, Beast and Yabba. And TIP better not be scum, curse him.
Without placing too many bets, I also like Bob for scum. He would replace Beast in my scum team, since KX and Bob seem awkwardly disinterested in each other. Also, TIP is capable of replacing Yabba in either team and it'd still work.
KX was such an easy scum read, I have no idea why no one else saw it. You'll have to work on that KX. Bob was incredibly obvious scum as well, so obvious that I second guessed myself and went for wagon theory instead.

TIP was wildcard scum, but I would've supported a lynch on him without question.

What really sucks about coming into a game and reading the whole scum team more or less straight off the bat is...
Varsoon, I find my town game lacking, I'd like to have the scum team PM'd to me if possible so I can try to see why I suck at picking them out from townies.
Can't wait to see how wrong I am and to try and figure out how to improve...
...I wanted to find flaws in my town game and improve on it. I don't know what to take away from this one, since I can honestly say that it was only lack of confidence that didn't see me just throwing 3 names (which would've been KX, Bob and TIP I swear) out there. Those were my initial 3. That I died straight away means I can't critique my game beyond the start, and it's kind of hard to find fault in my scum reads being the actual scum.

So next game will leave me nice and confused, since I think my town game is crap, but perhaps I should put more faith in my reading ability at the very least.

Also, did any townie actually want to play? I swear if you want to find scum and lynch them you may actually have to be proactive. Post more for a start. Then try for suspicion, pressure, tunneling and, in this game, PGO arming strategies with all living players. Couldn't really be bothered following the game too closely after I died when it was basically 3 scum just shootin' the shit with their semi-muddled bullshit page after page. Town let them get away with this so easily.

Thanks for modding Varsoon. Liked the flavour. Great job.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I mean, I tried to come in here with a bunch of fireworks and plead with Town to just jam a wagon through, but instead, people decided to sandbag and abuse the fact that we had no deadline.

I've played games in real life where Town typically takes 30 seconds to come up with a lynch. At some point, you just have to take an instinct and go with it for the sheer fun of the game. Taking it too seriously, especially Day 1 where there's no information to deduce, isn't good.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Titus »

God, I was two for three and I didn't get listened to after my lynch. :facepalm:
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Titus »

Varsoon, great job hosting.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Thanks Varsoon for the great game!
3 times I've played this setup.
3 times scum have won.
Coincidence? I think not!

My partners were great, Bob was solid the entire game and KX was like the guy who confuses Town you know? We tried our best to separate ourselves with reads and whatnot
I legit won a scumgame! Yay!
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Titus »

Well, it helps when you lynch the person who had caught the two of you.

I had fun but I need to work on my persuasion techniques.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by KX »

Excellent game varsoon, the flavor was top-notch and hosting was great, and your handling of the huge amount of substitutions was exemplary! I think what I enjoyed most about this game was playing with so many people who I know, it really made the experience a lot better. Also, the various twists and turns in the game were hilarious and thrilling, such as the fiasco with Metal and the calling of Pecan's bluff. I think my only regret in this game was not being as active as I wish I could, which I think really cost me later on in the game. Tbh, given my meta of lurking as scum, I was scared as fuck of either Beast or TSO pointing it out and getting on my case over it, since I doubt I would have been able to provide much of a defense at those later stages. I had actually heard from Metal that varsoon was a pretty cool player, and so while looking through his post history, saw that he was hosting a game that needed subs. My initial reaction was to sub in, but after reading it for a little while, I decided against it. Later on, reading through the subs needed thread, I saw that varsoon still needed that sub, and so decided that I should join. Looking back, I'm very glad I reconsidered and did decide to join in. Anyway, this is going to be my last game for a while, so thanks to all of you for making it a great one!

and now, everybody loves shoutouts!

Spoiler: Bob
First off, congratulations on our win, it was great fun, and I'm glad to have had you as a scummate! The friendliness and communication early game, I think, was extremely important, as it meant since very early game we really worked together as a team, had a good sense of team spirit, and overall all had a very jovial outlook towards what happened. On top of that, you played extremely well, looking town throughout most of the game, and doing exactly what you needed to when you needed to in order to get the lynches we needed. I hope we get to play in a game together again sometime!

Spoiler: TIP
We did it TIP, we won :D You know, I wasn't sure how well things would go given how I tend to view your playstyle, but I've got to say TIP, you really did things perfectly this game. You got to flail around doing almost whatever you wanted, and you got people to almost universally view you as town. I don't care what the exact reasoning behind it is, if you can make it happen, I'm going to consider you a genius. That said, if we ever play in another game together, which I hope we will, I'm never going to stop being paranoid about you.

Spoiler: Pecan
It seems like, despite my never agreeing with your reasoning or logic, your perception is always very good. Especially in this game, that post in which you called the entire scum team was, I think, the thing that actually got me worried the most. Going into that kill on you, I full well expected to die, and if I had, I would have considered it well worth it. I don't think I have anything more to say then good game, very well played.

Spoiler: RT
I think you came as close to being a "village leader" as anybody did this game. While in the end the town still ended up losing, you did good work, and especially at the end there came close to taking us out. I really don't get why we didn't kill you earlier on, as it seems like we probably should have. Good game!

Spoiler: Beast
I'm actually kinda glad that you never got attention or anything, not only because it was fun to have you around in this game, but also because it gave me somebody to focus on. It kinda seemed like you really knew I was scum following that post about me acting like I did as SK, but then you never went anywhere with it, so I guess thanks for that, and of course, good game!

Spoiler: Nic
I suppose that this isn't exactly something complimenting, but you really helped us out there on the last day. If not for you, I'm pretty sure one of us would have died, and even if we did pull off another mislynch, it would have been very difficult. I don't really get why town wanted to lynch you, but I guess it happened anyway. Good game, it was fun to play with you again!

Spoiler: Jacob
You really need to talk more. Also, make more diagrams like in our previous game, that was awesome! And sorry for killing you, you really didn't deserve it xD. Good game.

Spoiler: Yabba
Out of all the townies in this game, you actually seemed like the most townish to me. Other people seemed to find you scummy enough though, and you fit in as a good option, so I tried to find angles to call you scum or ask you entrapping questions, but no matter what you kept responding in town ways and giving me nothing. So on that note, congratz, very well done! Good game, it's been fun.

Spoiler: TSO
Damn son, I should be calling you the scum MVP. But that's seriously harsh, and really of undeserved. You got it right so many times, you then just got redirected to other targets. So close, and yet so far. But srs, well played, you just got unlucky. Thanks for the great game, and good luck in future games!

Spoiler: GM
Tbh, I don't even know what I should say here, I don't really remember much about what you did other then that their was inactivity all around and you ended up getting lynched. Hopefully things were still enjoyable for you and it was a good game!

Spoiler: Titus
Hey, you can't say I wasn't against you getting lynched :P But yeah, it was pretty lucky for us that things ended up such that people were actually willing to lynch you, seemed like a really poor play for the town both when it happened and in retrospect. Good game, it would have been fun, if bad for us, if you managed to stay around longer!

Return to “Completed Open Games”