GARARARRR
Goon
GARARARRR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 am

Post by GARARARRR »

now that it's over
xis wrote:]You're not leaning scum for any interaction with me. We both know (as does the rest of Town now) about our mutual antipathy, which transcends alignment.
i think u mistook antipathy for apathy bro. we don't have an aversion to you you're just another faceless mafia player. getting under your skin was just a strategic gameplay decision and it worked well enough

if you have an aversion to us thats your right but don't call it mutual and assume you know anything about us
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

That post was so unnecessary
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 am

Post by quadz08 »

If anyone is still paying attention to this thread, I'd love to hear some feedback on what people thought of the setup. :)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Axxle »

I was definitely lost for most of the game, I wonder if we'll ever know what DMS was trying to do this game.

quadz, I think the roles of Harriet and Martin being cross lynchers of different alignments would have been interesting if they didn't have such obviously town and antitown names respectively. Because of that it was a bit of an impossible win for Durhamganger/Snake.

It felt like town was really underpowered, we had a cop, but he was both naive *and* the scumteam had a millerizer. We had a jailkeeper, but the scumteam had a strongman. Maybe it would have felt better if our delayed tracker survived a couple nights.

Heh, just realized scum was completely off the Whiskers wagon, and we managed to lynch everyone but them.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Axxle »

And klick, nice post 622, definitely what made me blind to your slot.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by quadz08 »

In post 1753, Axxle wrote:quadz, I think the roles of Harriet and Martin being cross lynchers of different alignments would have been interesting if they didn't have such obviously town and antitown names respectively. Because of that it was a bit of an impossible win for Durhamganger/Snake.
Harriett's role PM was written in such a way to imply that there would be consequences if she claimed (or was intended to be). Had Harriett claimed immediately, the chances of Martin actually getting lynched right off the bat were slim, AND Martin had a vig to immediately take her out. Granted, she had non-consecutive commute, but that's why Martin got 2 shots.

Additionally, Martin being anti-town was supposed to be non-obvious, especially given who the mafia were (i.e., not obviously scum).

It felt like town was really underpowered, we had a cop, but he was both naive *and* the scumteam had a millerizer. We had a jailkeeper, but the scumteam had a strongman. Maybe it would have felt better if our delayed tracker survived a couple nights.
He was naive, so the millerized player would have been investigated as innocent just like everyone else. The millerizer was an extra-strength red herring on the scumteam. The early death of the tracker did reduce town power somewhat, but so did the fact that all the PRs claimed fairly early.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1754, Axxle wrote:And klick, nice post 622, definitely what made me blind to your slot.

Yeah, I was proud of that :P

I commented on how bad I felt after making that in the QT.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Axxle »

In post 1755, quadz08 wrote:
In post 1753, Axxle wrote:quadz, I think the roles of Harriet and Martin being cross lynchers of different alignments would have been interesting if they didn't have such obviously town and antitown names respectively. Because of that it was a bit of an impossible win for Durhamganger/Snake.
Harriett's role PM was written in such a way to imply that there would be consequences if she claimed (or was intended to be). Had Harriett claimed immediately, the chances of Martin actually getting lynched right off the bat were slim, AND Martin had a vig to immediately take her out. Granted, she had non-consecutive commute, but that's why Martin got 2 shots.

Additionally, Martin being anti-town was supposed to be non-obvious, especially given who the mafia were (i.e., not obviously scum).

I didn't realize she could be nightkilled by him, that's fine then.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Don't know why we couldn't have tried keeping Whiskers alive, considering I was part of your team, and all.

I guess it just means I'll have to stab you in the back some other time.

Look forward to it.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1758, Whiskers wrote:Don't know why we couldn't have tried keeping Whiskers alive, considering I was part of your team, and all.

I guess it just means I'll have to stab you in the back some other time.

Look forward to it.

I'm legitimately sorry about this. I always bus d1 as scum. I didn't do it because of your extra wincon and I respected that you were honest about it with us.
SlappyKrust
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 am

Post by Klick »

You already heard my side of this. Sorry it happened.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Hey, I never came back here.

Thanks everyone for the game, sorry my memories a bit hazy on what everyone said, but I echo sentiments about Xis playing well.

Thank you very much for modding quadz. I wasn't in the game for very long, but I thought you were very attentive and approachable. I appreciate the effort.

A quick look at the set up makes me think it's a little scum-sided, not much though. For future reference I'd consider removing scum day chat and running the same set up, but I'm not speaking from set-up experience. What you said about the early PR claims is true, but why have a naive Cop/JK combo with a 1-shot Strongman? Shouldn't I have a chance to live and lead town astray with my naive claims, no matter what point of the game I reveal I'm a cop?
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they