Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Joubert »

Do you think your "trap" (and its effects) are good for the Town? If yes, how so?

-.-- --- ..- / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .... .- ...- . / - --- --- / -- ..- -.-. .... / ... .--. .- .-. . / - .. -- . .-.-.- / -..-. ... .- -- . -... --- .- -

LaptopGun - 2 (armlx, Bogre)
killa seven - 2 (CF Riot, forbiddanlight)
dcorbe - 1 (Gimbo)
forbiddanlight - 1 (killa seven)
Gimbo - 1 (dcorbe)
armlx - 1 (Manito)
Joubert - 1 (ShadowGirl)

Not Voting - Lquiz, Voodo, SpyreX, Corinthian, Firestarter, LaptopGun, Joubert

16 alive, 9 to lynch.

-Mod
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Only if I'm right. If I am wrong, then the trap was incredibly stupid and will set the town back. However, I'm willing to bet on being right. Hence why I'm voting killa seven. If I'm wrong, we can still recover, since it IS D1. If I'm right though, we only stand to gain by having caught scum. Therefore, I see it as an overall positive action for the town.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by killa seven »

from what your saying, first your saying i was having a bad day so i voted my self, then your saying you had a plan all along. to me it seems like you really wanted to quit and voted yourself and then later retracted and pretended it was all a master plan.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by armlx »

Yeah, I'm really not buying forbiddanlight's play so far.

Unvote, Vote forbiddanlight
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

killa seven wrote:from what your saying, first your saying i was having a bad day so i voted my self, then your saying you had a plan all along. to me it seems like you really wanted to quit and voted yourself and then later retracted and pretended it was all a master plan.
Way to convolute things killer. I said I had a bad day to your comment about me being a quitter. If I wanted to quit, I'd ask for a replacement. It actually WAS a plan, whether you believe me or not. And if I end up lynched, I would like "It was a plan, dammit" placed on my gravestone, considering that's what I've been saying all day.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Its time for the.... SpyreX MEGAPOST (TM PENDING)

I've reread this damn thread a couple times really triyng to get a better feel for whats going on. Of course at this point the focus really is the K7/Forbid tryst. I did find a few other things that read odd in place. So, of course, I'll start with them:

Joubert:

3 whole posts (I know RL does take precedence, but).
Now, this alone wouldn't get me, but in the substantial post he makes claims of suspicion on...
Gimbo
Laptop
Me (including accusing me of spaghetti attacks AND collusion with Laptop at this point in the game??)
Firestarter
K7
Forbid

On top of that, some of the replies sit oddly:
I beg to differ. A Townie can certainly be killed (call it a "sacrifice") in order to uncover Scum. It becomes a beneficial "investment", if you excuse the methaphor...
(In reference to Forbid's selfvote).
You are correct in theory, but the sacrifice implies furthering the towns knowledge AND normally isn't done with a "woe is me" sytle selfvote. This "investment" may pay off for the town, OR if both k7 and forbid are town it sure pays off for the scum in spades.
I'd say he looks crazy more than anyone else doing that, because everyone's MEANT to be a little weird in the preliminary stages. Shortly after, SpyreX answers all the points, although they weren't meant to be answered. Strange... Possible connection between those two?
Aside from me looking "crazy" for not abandoning looking at whats going on in the jokepahse, who's to say they werent supposed to be answered? I felt they deserved a response, so they got it.
Is OMGUS supposed to be considered a scum-tell?
Like any "scum-tell" - sometimes. Its contextual. There's very, very few absolutes in mafia. When the vote is a swing OMGUS that isn't even committal enough to actually vote, yes, it raises my suspicion. I'm not saying OMGUS is always a scumtell but I sure am not implying it never is like your question does.

Feelings:
So, yea, I am on the fence. The attempts to link me to laptop + the idea of using forbid as a "sacrifice" for knowledge when all it would do is implicate K7 weekly if she is town (which I am not sure of) is highly questionable. IF he is scum, I would definitely look at that list in detail.

Manito:

I think manito is town as this point, BUT (bolded added for emphasis):
I'm with Spyrex on this one
, FoS: Killa
I'm with Armlx on this one
, and to quote the old addage - LAL.
That's exactly what I'm saying,
and exactly what he said
I couldn't agree more with this post.
They are both fishy as hell...
Feelings:
So, PLEASE, post more and although it makes sense to reference what others are saying when you agree (sup Gimbo) give some more personal insights into whats going on. I even AGREE with you but it stood out to me as odd.

Now, onto the crux of todays battle royale:
Killa Seven vs Forbiddanlight.
First up, Killa... SEVEN (all in one megaquote because)
vote forbiddanlight
please dont vote yourself and hunt scum thanks.

town should never vote for himself or herself, ask to be replaced.
im also callin her bluff at the sametime seeing if she really wants to be in this game, thanks for ruining my plan guys.

lol i figured youd cop out and say, "i was baiting scum" ive seen this done before, your not fooling me. dont play the poor me im under pressure, vote = myself i dont want to play anymore then try to turn me into scum for voting a quiter who cant handle pressure.

from what your saying, first your saying i was having a bad day so i voted my self, then your saying you had a plan all along. to me it seems like you really wanted to quit and voted yourself and then later retracted and pretended it was all a master plan.
Feelings:
Now, to me, agree with it or not, this looks like an overzealous town pushing on what he feels is scummy. I am not convinced, of course, but at this point I think K7 is town.

On the otherside, we have...
Forbiddanlight

Ok, so forbid's "trap" was playing the newbie selfvote angle. Trying to catch scum jumping on her wagon because she is a new player who doesn't want to play. Believable, at first glance. But, here come some quotes before the plan (partial, since I'm gonna have a lot of forbid quotes here)!
Um...I know these games are a lot slower
than I'm used to
but there has to be some reason here :S.

In the other forums I play in
, a lot of random voting starts with calling out known inactives.

Works for me.
Different playstyles here than I'm used to.
Then, the selfvote. Well, at this point I'm definitely not buying the new player angle on it at all. Of course, part of this "newbie" is just implied by me and not explicit. That alone doesn't really tip the scales.

Then, we have some very odd comments made after the selfvote, emphasis again per me.
Her, by the way. And I stand by my vote.
I'm currently the scummiest looking person out there.
Hence that dictates my vote.

Seriously, there are easier ways
to attract over agressive townies
that don't involve as much chance of my death. I gambled, and have yet to see if I won.

I mean, the only thing you have is my word, and in this game you don't trust anyone's words
(except your scumbuddies if you have them)
. So, it's immaterial whether you doubt if I had an actual plan or not. I know that that was my plan, and I'm sticking to it with my vote on Killa seven
for pushing my action.

My vote still stands because it wouldn't surprise me if you did
accidentally or intentionally
fall into the trap. If the people want a lynch em both, I'm willing to settle for that, since there is a
high liklihood one of us is scum.

I honestly think that you are too quick to think both of us are town.
I personally believe one of us is scum
, and that's where my vote stands, since I know my alignment.

I've asserted I'm town several times.
I was rather under the impression no matter what I said someone would make a case for it.
Covering my bolded points:
1.) Why say you look scummy instead of doing something about it if you are town?
2.) You say to attract over agrssive TOWNIES. I think this is a scumslip.
3.a) Why mention this? It just stands out oddly.
3.b) Pushing your action? I thought the point WAS for you to find scum.
4.a) Why, in the name of zeus, would he intentionally fall into this trap? The only way he could do it intentioanlly is if he KNEW it was a trap..which points to you being scum with him.
4.b) Why not just say you think he's scum instead of implying one of you is for this?
5.) Again, Why not just say you think he's scum.
6.) Of course you're going to assert you're town. Why bring it up?

So... now, I was pretty sure this was scum.. but WHY? Why now? Then, I looked back.
So, wow, how is it that I end up voting for what appears to be the only person who hasn't posted yet? (I could be wrong) Um...I know these games are a lot slower than I'm used to but there has to be some reason here :S.
She was getting heat from this. She eventually backed down off it, but it was enough heat to put herself in the light some (while trying to put some light on CF at the bottom of her joking post BUT letting Gimbo be the one to ask the questions).

At this point, why not use the heat some? Setup a gambit where maybe you get to coast along AND even if you're hung you put suspicion on someone else. If Killer is town, like I'm thinking, then it hurts the scum losing a player but almost guarantees a mislynch in the future.

Feelings:
My gut said it initially and I decided to reread before..
vote forbiddanlight
. She's scum. Sometimes we need to not WIFOM ourselves out of an obvious target because they're too obvious.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by Manito »

Jeez Spyrex, that was a long post :P

As far as your comments towards me, it seems pointless to me to post what someone has already said, if I come up with more original ideas about people I think are scum, I'll be sure to be more verbose.

Having watched forbiddanlight continue to backpedal and lamely attempt to defend her actions, in addition to the particular quote highlighted above, I hadn't noticed it - this put everything forbiddan has done in a different light:
Spyrex, you hit the nail on the head on that note - no one who is town would imply the possibility that they are scum.

Unvote

Vote: Forbiddanlight
Games (Won Scum/Won Town/Lost Either):
1-0-0
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:54 am

Post by Gimbo »

SpyreX wrote:
Her, by the way. And I stand by my vote.
I'm currently the scummiest looking person out there.
Hence that dictates my vote.

Seriously, there are easier ways
to attract over agressive townies
that don't involve as much chance of my death. I gambled, and have yet to see if I won.

I mean, the only thing you have is my word, and in this game you don't trust anyone's words
(except your scumbuddies if you have them)
. So, it's immaterial whether you doubt if I had an actual plan or not. I know that that was my plan, and I'm sticking to it with my vote on Killa seven
for pushing my action.

My vote still stands because it wouldn't surprise me if you did
accidentally or intentionally
fall into the trap. If the people want a lynch em both, I'm willing to settle for that, since there is a
high liklihood one of us is scum.

I honestly think that you are too quick to think both of us are town.
, and that's where my vote stands, since I know my alignment.

I've asserted I'm town several times.
I was rather under the impression no matter what I said someone would make a case for it.
bold #1, #6 and #7 are both extremely weird posts that made me go wtf?
#2 - woah there sista, scum-slip much? HAHAHA

Unvote (if i haven't yet) Vote:forbiddanlight

P.S. what really bothers me about forbid is that she tried to play the oh-poor-me-i'm-a-noob in the beginning, leading me to think that she is mostly likely a noob-townie, but halfway thru, now she's telling us its a plan, so basically she was screwing with town the whole first part of D1

P.P.S. 'sup SyreX :D
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

ok, let's play :P
Covering my bolded points:
1.) Why say you look scummy instead of doing something about it if you are town?
That was still in the plan phase, trying to seem like I honestly wanted to die
2.) You say to attract over agrssive TOWNIES. I think this is a scumslip.
Context. The context was I was supposedly trying to get over agressive townies. I was pointing out there are lots easier ways to do this. Call it a slip if you like. You're wrong
3.a) Why mention this? It just stands out oddly.
3.b) Pushing your action? I thought the point WAS for you to find scum.
Just tongue in cheek implying my attacker might be scum :P. Wasn't meant in any serious light. As for b, that's what I meant, he pushed the action by falling in the trap as possible scum
4.a) Why, in the name of zeus, would he intentionally fall into this trap? The only way he could do it intentioanlly is if he KNEW it was a trap..which points to you being scum with him.
4.b) Why not just say you think he's scum instead of implying one of you is for this?
As for intentionally falling into a trap, if you think something is a trap, you can intentionally fall into it. You don't have to KNOW it's a trap. As for WHY someone would do that? Easy, they are scum and think that by attacking the very notion it was a trap after "falling" into it, they get an easy town lynch...OH WAIT! That's what's happening! As for the high liklihood part, that was also context of a lynch em both. From someone else's POV, both of us really don't look good (or at least at the time). I've heard cases on both of us these last few pages.
5.) Again, Why not just say you think he's scum.
As for that, it was phrasing. It sounded more dramatic to say "one of us is scum". I still guarantee if I had said "I know I'm town, and Killa is scum to me", I would have gotten crap for that. Null tell.
6.) Of course you're going to assert you're town. Why bring it up?
Once again, context. Gimbo was trying to say I was saying one of us is scum rather than I'm town he's scum in another "scumslip". I had already asserted I was town, there was no point in doing it again, and again, I liked the dramatic sound of the way I phrased it.

At this point, why not use the heat some? Setup a gambit where maybe you get to coast along AND even if you're hung you put suspicion on someone else. If Killer is town, like I'm thinking, then it hurts the scum losing a player but almost guarantees a mislynch in the future.
This is STUPID! No scum is worth one regular townie D1 from the scum's point of view. Seriously, if I WERE scum, and Killa were townie, his death would be WELL worth mine. If perhaps there were roles this game, I'd give you this point, but it's mostly vanilla. This is just bad logic.

Now, I'll deal with the other accusations, though I think they are all pretty similar

P.S. what really bothers me about forbid is that she tried to play the oh-poor-me-i'm-a-noob in the beginning, leading me to think that she is mostly likely a noob-townie, but halfway thru, now she's telling us its a plan, so basically she was screwing with town the whole first part of D1
As SpyreX pointed out, I never SAID I was a noobie. I implied several times I played elsewhere, just not here. I also never said that relating to my plan. It was merely the idea that an unknown player votes herself, and sees who jumps on it trying to catch scum. I'd like to think it worked, but even if Killa IS scum I'm not likely to live to see it.

So, does anyone ELSE have accusations? That's my defense up there, by the way. I don't think I can really say anymore than that is what it is? I agree I've played a relatively scummy game so far. I also think I've caught a scum, and they've just done VERY well at reversing that between my stupidity and they or their buddy's manipulations. I reserve an I told you so for when Killa flips scum. I also would like you to at LEAST consider killa when I flip town.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Gimbo »

*sigh*
Unvote FoS:forbiddanlight

I kinda see your point but your play is becoming confusing and erratic
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Bogre »

Yes, I have an accusation. Your defense is crap.

I haven't voted him yet because I have always thought he just looks like a frustrated townie, but with the last post and fairly valid cases I think I'm swaying.

I think a tad bit this is being blown out of proportion...but it -is- giving some wonderful discussion.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 am

Post by armlx »

I kinda see your point but your play is becoming confusing and erratic
This is usually a sign of someone who is lying about their motives.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Manito »

While your defense is logical Forbiddan, playing that way, especially for someone claiming to be experienced from other games either in or out of these forums, is as has already been said, extremely erratic. I guess I'm still not convinced that your motives are entirely clean...you've played in a way that gives us all good reason to suspect you (hell, you even say yourself that you've been playing scummy) - but you just don't lie and manipulate like that when you're town - it just doesn't make sense... My vote still stands for now...I'm still not convinced of innocence.
Games (Won Scum/Won Town/Lost Either):
1-0-0
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

Easy, they are scum and think that by attacking the very notion it was a trap after "falling" into it, they get an easy town lynch...OH WAIT! That's what's happening! As for the high liklihood part, that was also context of a lynch em both. From someone else's POV, both of us really don't look good (or at least at the time). I've heard cases on both of us these last few pages.

This is STUPID! No scum is worth one regular townie D1 from the scum's point of view. Seriously, if I WERE scum, and Killa were townie, his death would be WELL worth mine. If perhaps there were roles this game, I'd give you this point, but it's mostly vanilla. This is just bad logic.
You realize that the same logic you're trying to use in portion 2 would apply to portion 1. IF K7 was scum (which, although I am leaning heavily towards town could be), why would he put himself in a position where he would get 1 whole townie before he got lynched? Why not let a townie start this show and then move on.

In fact, lets look at this as if I was your scum partner:
You gave yourself some heat, there's no power roles to check you out for sure so you are going to probably be a day 1 lynch. Setup this gambit with a townie. I am going to attack you, just enough, so that when you flip scum I can stay under the radar and coast along letting townies kill each other. Of course, even though you ARE scum, some people are going to sill wonder about K7 and you bussing each other to clear one. So, you've given me some cred and a good target a little later.
I also think I've caught a scum, and they've just done VERY well at reversing that between my stupidity and they or their buddy's manipulations. I reserve an I told you so for when Killa flips scum. I also would like you to at LEAST consider killa when I flip town.
K7 didn't really have to do anything. Thats part of the problem - the evidence against you is fairly staggering whereas K7 just had to push along.
Its pretty apparent whatever your flip K7 will be considered for a good long time.
If he's scum AND you aren't I'll put your I told you so in my sig. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

While your defense is logical Forbiddan, playing that way, especially for someone claiming to be experienced from other games either in or out of these forums, is as has already been said, extremely erratic. I guess I'm still not convinced that your motives are entirely clean...you've played in a way that gives us all good reason to suspect you (hell, you even say yourself that you've been playing scummy) - but you just don't lie and manipulate like that when you're town - it just doesn't make sense... My vote still stands for now...I'm still not convinced of innocence.
That's all understandable. I tend to be a bit odd for the first couple days. This was just a really bad odd this time. I understand keeping your vote where it is...really, all I have left is the truth, which is what I'm sticking to now.

You realize that the same logic you're trying to use in portion 2 would apply to portion 1. IF K7 was scum (which, although I am leaning heavily towards town could be), why would he put himself in a position where he would get 1 whole townie before he got lynched? Why not let a townie start this show and then move on.
Didn't notice that, I suppose you have a point. Then my logic for using the word intentionally was bad. Sorry about that
In fact, lets look at this as if I was your scum partner:
You gave yourself some heat, there's no power roles to check you out for sure so you are going to probably be a day 1 lynch. Setup this gambit with a townie. I am going to attack you, just enough, so that when you flip scum I can stay under the radar and coast along letting townies kill each other. Of course, even though you ARE scum, some people are going to sill wonder about K7 and you bussing each other to clear one. So, you've given me some cred and a good target a little later.
I guess that plan might work out. Except I'll flip town. If anything, the only scum benefit is that killa will look good regardless just because of how bad I look. I really can't refute this idea. Hell, I may have to use that sometime.
If he's scum AND you aren't I'll put your I told you so in my sig. Wink
Good, I'll expect it.
-StrangerCoug

Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Corinthian »

Am I missing something?

Forbiddan claims to have been acting out a clever plan, right? A trap into which K7 fell?

What exactly was this brilliant plan, anyway? Look scummy and self-vote to see who else joins the wagon? How is that a trap for scum?

If one intentionally tries to be scummy to get votes, all that proves is that people will vote for players who act like scum.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, the intentionally scummy part...wasn't intentional. That was the big flaw which pretty much required me to abandon it. It was the self vote that was the plan. Right now, I still feel like K7 is scum. So, that's where my vote is.
-StrangerCoug

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Firestarter »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Actually, the intentionally scummy part...wasn't intentional.
That was the big flaw which pretty much required me to abandon it. It was the self vote that was the plan. Right now, I still feel like K7 is scum. So, that's where my vote is.
So now your saying you weren't being intentional?????

That would mean you were quitting the game, which is it???

Having read through the posts again at how this developed, I feel you were going to quit the game, and your self pity was obvious after you started to name yourself as the scummiest player. I think that when some questions were asked of you, you panicked, and bizzarely made yourself a good target for town at that point.
This was too rushed as far as plans go, and if you were indeed scumhunting, I'd imagine you would have held off until your "Plan" had more substance to it. You cannot be certain that Killa is scum, just because he wanted you out, he was calling your bluff, and Ive no reason to see it any differently atm
At this junction, you grasped the nearest thing to you, by stating it was a plan.. I dont buy this...
You have lied, stated that you would lie as town or scum, and lied some more.. This is NOT good for Town. Full Stop.

The more this conversation goes on, the more weaker your position is, I, at this point see Killa as town, only just, as what he did can be taken as scum hunting, thats the way I see it at the moment...

Im liking your wagon more & more and my vote is being placed here...

VOTE: Forbiddenlight
('') (':') ('')
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I love how you just manipulated what I said to mean something completely different. I'm lying? Well what the fuck do you think YOU'RE doing!? The intentional part was me acting like I was quitting. I was NOT intentionally trying to look scummy, and when it became apparent I WAS looking scummy, the plan had to be abandoned. Right now, I'm at the full truth, and
FoS Firestarter
for using a bullshit justification by intentionally misreading everything I say to make me look more scum. I'm still with K7 on my vote, but if I magically live through this day, I'm going to be watching you like a damned hawk, Firestarter.
-StrangerCoug

Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Corinthian »

So your plan was to vote yourself, because only scum would find self-voting scummy?
forbiddan wrote: The intentional part was me acting like I was quitting. I was NOT intentionally trying to look scummy, and when it became apparent I WAS looking scummy, the plan had to be abandoned
So your plan depended on looking like you were quitting --- without looking scummy.

The more this conversation goes on, the less I think you actually had a plan.

vote: forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, whatever. I had a plan, it failed, and you all will lynch a townie over it. Hope when I flip you all decide to take a better look at K7. Or lose. That might be entertaining, but that's just me being vindictive after getting rather pissed off at a rather annoying series of life events. Have fun lynching townies guys.
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

If you aren't scum, give your feelings on this game up to this point. Might as well help.

Of course, I think you are, but.

Regardless, hope RL improves.
Show

Proud member of BaM
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok. My feelings? Killa is scum and I screwed up monumentally in trying to use the slight amount of light on me to catch scum, because no one believes he is. Firestarter isn't looking good either since he's actually basically taking things I say out of context to justify my lynch, where as most of you have actually stuck to facts at least in voting me. Corinthian seems to be doing a similar thing, but I feel less that he's scum and more that that is how he tends to attack people in game. I favor town on Corinthian. Unfortunately, I can't really help my play style, which tends to be erratic early on but comes together as the game goes on.

Also, at this stage, I'm pretty much convinced I'm going to die part by mafia manipulation, a BIG part because of my play, and finally, because we've reached the point where self fufilling prophecy will override everything I say. No matter what I do, it's going to look scummy now, because you all are sold on me being scum. I can only hope the next half of the day is more fruitful for you guys...yanno, like actually catching scum.
-StrangerCoug

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Firestarter »

forbiddanlight wrote:I love how you just manipulated what I said to mean something completely different. I'm lying? Well what the fuck do you think YOU'RE doing!? The intentional part was me acting like I was quitting. I was NOT intentionally trying to look scummy, and when it became apparent I WAS looking scummy, the plan had to be abandoned. Right now, I'm at the full truth, and
FoS Firestarter
for using a bullshit justification by intentionally misreading everything I say to make me look more scum. I'm still with K7 on my vote, but if I magically live through this day, I'm going to be watching you like a damned hawk, Firestarter.
Hang on.....

Ok, digested...

First of all, your coming across quite angry at the moment, and the basis of this game is analysing posts made by others, breaking them down, and trying to find what they stand for.

Of course you'll think my synopsis is bullshit, its you under the axe, but to say that I intentionally misinterpreted your words/posts is actually quite funny.....

Would you expect me to believe everything everyone says???

No, I would however, tend NOT to vote for someone who seems townish in their behaviour, or is a confirmed townie, or either with a solid case.....
You are NOT acting townish, a confirmed townie nor represent a solid case, so I hope you can see where Im going with this atm....

Plainly, you are the scummiest player right now, your posts have been very sketchy, and you'll have me believe that "your plan" was what it was....

Im sorry, but I can only go on with whats put in front of me, and tbh, its not good on your side. Jesus, youve even admitted yourself that you looked scummy, after the "plan" went awry.

AND, you posted the "well, one of us is scum" post, which I found slightly disturbing.. And now, your telling us that its only the truth you have on the table?????

forbiddanlight wrote:I love how you just manipulated what I said to mean something completely different. I'm lying?
Quite the contradiction, dont ya think? Above you ask the question,
Im Lying?
... directed at me, responding over previous posts...
Then you proceed to tell us your at
"Full truth!!!

forbiddanlight wrote:
Right now, I'm at the full truth
('') (':') ('')
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You REALLY are making things look worse than they are. I still believe you are intentionally doing this, not that you HAVE to. I'm lying was clearly rhetorical, and right now I'm at the full truth was...OMG, the full truth. I pretty much have nothing to lie about at this point. The only lying I did was in the context of my plan, and since that's been revealed, everything I've been saying from there is the truth.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”