#87 HHGG3 - L,TU,AE - GAME OVER. DON'T PANIC!!!

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Unvote: Shadyforce

At least he's honest. :) (That's 2 votes on him)

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:12 am

Post by shadyforce »

Shadyforce, You are a robot, created (along with 2 others) by the good people of Krikkit to carry out their mission of peace, justice, morality, culture, sport, family life and the obliteration of all other lifeforms. However, while on the ship, something went wrong with your subroutines, and you developed a distaste for killing. Your fellow robots, displeased at your new-found pacifism tried to kill you by throwing you into a garbage disposal machine where the crusher proceeded to crush you into tiny cubes... or so they thought. You managed to escape and found your way to an escape pod.

I can't say anymore than that. Please believe me when I say I'm pro-town, my survival is important but not essential whereas the information I carry must not fall on evil ears, and killing me will not remove the threat.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:09 pm

Post by Thoth »

A good claim. Unfortunately I'll never buy the 'Im a Mafia member, but was converted to good before the game'-claim. So I'll let my vote stand.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:33 pm

Post by Leonidas »

This is probably one of the sickest role claims I've read in a while. Man, you must be desperate, or laughing out loud alone in front of your PC for posting this. Or maybe it's Werebear.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:55 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

vote: shady force
... I actually believed the people of krikket would possibly be good in this game, but as a whole, not singular, and for that, I don't believe your claim.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:04 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yup, I can't believe I was given the role I did. I guess that's why Werebear let me quote the pm directly, to give me some sort of chance of convincing you guys. I'd be very careful guys. Don't force me to reveal more info because I can't in good concience.

And one more thing, be careful of the people who are voting for me. It is in scums' interests to see me bandwagoned to try and get info out of me, but not in their immediate interest to get me lynched. Keep that in mind. That's all I can help you with at this point in time.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:15 am

Post by Thoth »

The rules for this game wrote:Feel free to quote PMs from me. Go on! Have a blast.
The rules in HHGG2 wrote:Don’t quote any PMs from me, lest I change your role to swamping the bogs of Milliway's.
This is indeed a bit strange. I'm still keeping my vote on, but this rule change between games does make me feel a bit uncomfortable. Does it mean that Werebear just made sure the PM's were different enough that quoting them would be of no use or did he include a role like shady is now claiming.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:16 am

Post by Thoth »

Oh and one more thing:
shadyforce wrote: It is in scums' interests to see me bandwagoned to try and get info out of me, but not in their immediate interest to get me lynched
If it's not in the interest of scum to get you lynched it would automatically be in our interest wouldn't it?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:52 am

Post by shadyforce »

Not necessarily. And I can't elaborate on it further because of the inherint reasoning there. Think about it but for god's sake, don't think out loud in case you give scum hints.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:32 am

Post by mathcam »

Quite a role claim indeed. The immediate thought that jumps to mind is that if the Krikkit robots aren't evil, then who is?

I tend to think shady is wily enough to use the fact that PMs are quotable to forge a fake role and "quote" it. And this certainly isn't solid, but I'm not sure the PM really sounds like it's from Werebear. The style of writing is fairly different from my PM.

I think there's 3 votes on him already, right? I'll be a 4th.

Vote: Shadyforce

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:52 am

Post by shadyforce »

I thught you above everyone else would appreciate the hidden meaning in my claim. Please look once more before you decide to lynch me.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:53 am

Post by Werebear »

The First And Possibly Last Vote Count Of Day 2

Shadyforce 4 - (Thoth, Flying Dutchman, Medicated Lain, mathcam)

Medicated Lain 1 - (Leonidas)

5 to lynch
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:00 am

Post by mathcam »

Sigh, now I have to decide if there actually
is
something there, or if this compliment was merely an attempt to bamboozle me into unvoting. I
will
look, though.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:06 am

Post by mathcam »

Well I'm sure I'm missing whatevery you're referring to, but I do have
something
. We probably have two killing groups, because of the two kills on night one. Shady's "quote" from Werebear seems to imply there are two other robots in this game. So the evil breakdown of this game could be two robots and an SK of some sort. Three robots and an SK seems like a little much. But then again, I think I might actually know what shady is referring to.

I think I'll
Unvote: shadyforce
, at least until I hear other people's reactions.

Cam
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Vote: shadyforce

You want my opinion? He's currently making up that info as we speak. Reminds me of what I'd do to my sister when she asked me a question that I didn't know the answer to. I'd refuse to tell her "because she was too yound to understand the answer" After about 15 minutes of her trying to get the info out of me, I'd finally "give up" and tell her an elaborate lie, which she almost always bought :wink: .
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:15 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yeah, except this time rather than trying to stall to come up with a lie, I'm stalling to try and figure out how much of the truth I can safely say.

Look, as long as there is a lot of attention on me, scum is gettting happier. Make up your mind. Lynch me or leave me alone. One or the other.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:18 am

Post by mathcam »

Alright, I know this is a lame excuse for putting on the lynching vote, but it sure doesn't seem like the bandwagon's going to derail, and if you're serious about the "lynch me or leave me alone," which it seems like you are, then I guess lynch is the only option.

I feel like I know what information you have, so hopefully you can take it to your grave with you. Or you're scum. Who knows?

Vote: Shadyforce

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:08 am

Post by shadyforce »

*sigh* well go town. I can see Werebear laughing maniacally from his almighty pedestal. What a bloody role to give someone :(.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:58 am

Post by Werebear »

A lone, metallic voice is broadcast over speakers dotted hither and yon over various parts of the galaxy. The broadcaster? A white robot with shin guards weilding a wooden club.

It was a heart-rending story it laid before its listeners, one of sin, evil, wrath, realization, righteousness, uprising, betrayal, downfall, solitude, survival, anger, folornness, redemption, and eventually hope. The story touched all that heard it, calling upon the emotions of the listeners, touching their primary circulatory organs and bringing moisture to their optical devices, if applicable. Imagery was invoked of one robot breaking the mold, and being sliced into small pieces, but still managing to survive and escape, seeking a way to right the wrongs it had committed. Finally, a plea for help, a desperate searching for acceptance among those who the lone robot hoped would become its new family. Its second chance at life. Its opportunity to redeem himself in the cosmic light. Its shining moment in time to achieve that which would make it acceptable, nay, even honorable.

In the few seconds before the immolation occured, the Krikkit robot had just enough time to think "Oh no, not again" before its component atoms were free to go as they please.

One side note, the lying circuits embedded in the Krikkit robot were second to none, and the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation is willing to pay handsomely for technological knowledge of these circuits for use in their robot lawyers, prostitutes, and information desk workers.

Shadyforce, Krikkit 00002, mafia scum, has been lynched. It is NIGHT. Deadline Monday, March 15th, around noon EST.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:15 am

Post by Werebear »

Still waiting for choices. And since I'm bene-violent, I'll be nice before I kill off anyone who hasn't sent one in. SO SEND IT IN!
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:50 am

Post by Werebear »

It used to be a common phrase about the more enlightened parts of the galaxy that "Bad news travels faster than light", until it was discovered that it actually didn't, then the members of C.R.A.P. (Campaign Rectifying Ancient Phrases) forced everyone to change it to "Bad news travels faster than most sentinent beings, excluding 86% of the monpods". Of course, once the sub-ether news service came to be, the original phrase was in fact correct, but by that time not only was the phrase itself lost beyond recovery, the society of C.R.A.P was also lost beyond recovery, the whole group having been tragically crushed while trying to disprove the phrase "flatter than a pancake".

Meanwhile, the bad news was travelling faster than light to all the nodes concerned with the future of the galaxy. It appears that the planet of Squornshellous Zeta, recently attacked causing the death of an innocent, happy, burbling mattress... is no longer, thanks to some manner of superbomb. The universe is going to have to look elsewhere for mattresses, maybe on the planet Squornshellous Omega, which has previously been spurned as raising "inbred, slightly lumpy mattresses". One other note, it appears a Sirius Cybernetics Corporation robot was on the planet, but all that was found of it was a set of diodes that apparently came from the left side of the model. Oddly enough, the diodes were completely unharmed and fully functional, and Sirius Cybernetics Corporation reclaimed them for use in another model in the future.

In another part of the galaxy, a denizen of the destroyed planet Earth had apparently been running down a hill, and just as he fell off a cliff and was about to hit the ground, the sound of a thousand people saying "WOP" distracted him, and he didn't.

Normally, when flying, this is a moment for superb and delicate concentration. The rules for flying mostly can be summed up as:
bob and float, float and bob. Ignore all considerations of your own weight and simply let yourself waft higher. Do not listen to what anybody says to you at this point because they are unlikely to say anything helpful. They are most likely to say something along the lines of, "Good God, you can't possibly be flying!''. It is vitally important not to believe them or they will suddenly be right. Waft higher and higher. Try a few swoops, gentle ones at first, then drift above the treetops breathing regularly. Do not wave at anybody.
Arthur Dent didn't have this problem, as he was summarily swatted out of the sky by a cricket bat. Unconscious people don't fly very well, and Arthur Dent met those expectations royally. He didn't even hear the thousand voices saying "FOOP", moments before he landed, ending his life.

Flying Dutchman (Marvin), killed night 2
Thoth (Arthur Dent), killed night 2

It is DAY. 5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:53 am

Post by Werebear »

Mod note - Wikkit Key Part update tonight. Apologies for the delay.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:16 am

Post by Thoth »

Bah!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:03 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Thoth wrote:Bah!
I agree.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:27 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

....All this says about Marvin, is that he's dead, and same for Arthur Dent? There's no alignments for them? Because I was trying to form ideas about the characters based on what I knew, and I don't think Arthur Dent was a good character. Actually I was assuming he was something of a serial killer... so if there's only one death tonight, then I think that's why. As for Marvin, I don't really have any ideas, just that maybe he was a godfather?
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”