mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:31 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I came in to the day most suspicious of JereIC, and now I still feel that 2 out of JereIC, Mojo, and Prizm are the scum. The question for me now is whether Mojo's pushing of the Leo lynch outweighs my previous suspicion on JereIC.

Let's see, other than a random vote, he was second on the GIA bandwagon, and that's it. Well, that's not really suspicious. Hmm again.

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:30 am

Post by JereIC »

Cam, I'm looking more at Mojo's posts. His votes seem conformist, which could be read either way, but his posts just feel like he's retreading old water. And if you're going to clear him on his voting pattern, then I suggest you take a look at mine as well.
Leonardo 007 wrote:The next ones on my last were Mojo and Jersey. But it doesn't seem they work together, sp I believe that only one of them is mafia.
Stepping out of game real fast, don't instantly discount the possibility that we're both mafia and this is a gambit. After seeing the lists, we could have decided that it was likely that we were both about to get lynched, and conspired to lead bandwagons against each other, to make the survivor look more innocent. It'd be a desperate and brutal tactic, but it could work.

Back in the game, please don't lynch me. I am posting less often and in an more investigative way than I ususally do, but I'm still struggling with this game and events in real life. If you do lynch me, the game begins tomorrow with 2 mafia and 3 townies; even one stray vote could lose the game then.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by discer »

mathcam wrote:
Well, I came in to the day most suspicious of JereIC, and now I still feel that 2 out of JereIC, Mojo, and Prizm are the scum. The question for me now is whether Mojo's pushing of the Leo lynch outweighs my previous suspicion on JereIC.
Mojo's pushing is what moved him up on my list. What eats at me about JereIC is:

1: Making suspect lists was his idea which "could" be seen as a way to know who to attack. A clever tactic if your mafia in my opinion.

2: His day one comment about bandwaggoning me for not knowing the format of the game. It sort of reminds me of a game I played with CubanSmoker where he random voted me then revoted me on day one. I went after him for it and got lucky. He was mafia.

As I've stated about Prizm, his posts, in my opinion, have been useless or wrong.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:25 am

Post by JereIC »

discer wrote:2: His day one comment about bandwaggoning me for not knowing the format of the game. It sort of reminds me of a game I played with CubanSmoker where he random voted me then revoted me on day one. I went after him for it and got lucky. He was mafia.
I was joking; I wasn't seriously going to support a bandwagon against you on that. If anybody else had taken me seriously, I would have probabny unvoted you and warned off whoever had voted for you on that. I thought it was an honest mistake on your part to not know the game's format, and I was just having some fun with the random voting of the day. There was nothing in that vote, and I apologize for not making my humor plainer.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:31 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I hate to come off as exceedingly obseqious, but I agree with everything you just said, discer. The lists and that bandwagon line are the two exact things that made me suspicious of JereIC in the first place.

Now I'm going to add on:
JereIC wrote:Stepping out of game real fast, don't instantly discount the possibility that we're both mafia and this is a gambit. After seeing the lists, we could have decided that it was likely that we were both about to get lynched, and conspired to lead bandwagons against each other, to make the survivor look more innocent. It'd be a desperate and brutal tactic, but it could work.
I see what you're saying, JereIC, but I'm just getting a totally scummy vibe from this quote. I
did
look at your vote history in my last post, JereIC, and I concede that it's not really suspicious at all.

Hmm again.

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:45 am

Post by JereIC »

mathcam wrote:
JereIC wrote:Stepping out of game real fast, don't instantly discount the possibility that we're both mafia and this is a gambit. After seeing the lists, we could have decided that it was likely that we were both about to get lynched, and conspired to lead bandwagons against each other, to make the survivor look more innocent. It'd be a desperate and brutal tactic, but it could work.
I see what you're saying, JereIC, but I'm just getting a totally scummy vibe from this quote. I
did
look at your vote history in my last post, JereIC, and I concede that it's not really suspicious at all.
I posted that to be fully open. Since none of you are sure I'm a townie (well, besides the mafia), that is a possibility, as is the possibility that I wrote that as some sort of misinformation.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I've done that suspicious. I was joking about the bandwagon against discer, I think the lists are going to help if we ever lynch a mafioso (look at his list, see what he was thinking), my vote history is not suspect, and I'm trying to be as open with the possibilities in this game, to show that I have nothing to hide. If I haven't convinced you that I'm a townie yet, I don't think I have anything else to offer for a defense.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:09 am

Post by Tigris »

Well, when it comes down to it, I don't find leo all that suspicious, jereic seems to be playing fairly normally (so I'll leave him til tomorrow), mojo is seeming less suspicious to me, partially because of the whole hopeless thing, of course that prizm was questioning where he was is a slight strike against him in my mind.

My main suspect is prizm, probably fairly obviously, so
vote: prizm
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:54 pm

Post by Prizm »

Useless or wrong, am I? Well, ok. But to be fair, I also haven't gotten any insights from the voting records/night killings, but to avoid being lynched as a lurker I had to say something. So it's a pretty tough situation for us who aren't paranoid and don't see scum behind every corner. All I can really say is that I'm not scum, I don't really have any idea who's scum and who's not, and please don't lynch me. Thank you.
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:35 pm

Post by discer »

JereIC wrote:
I think the lists are going to help if we ever lynch a mafioso (look at his list, see what he was thinking), my vote history is not suspect,
Unless of course your mafia and devised a plan to counter the "list" and then suggested the "list".

Prizm wrote:
Useless or wrong, am I? Well, ok. But to be fair, I also haven't gotten any insights from the voting records/night killings, but to avoid being lynched as a lurker I had to say something.
How about....... instead of being lynched as a lurker posting your best quess or something to get people thinking. I'd rather play with newbies that try to catch mafia than experienced players who are too afraid to say what they think. As Tigris implied earlier, odds are that the newbie will point something out that all the "experienced" players overlooked.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:06 am

Post by JereIC »

discer wrote:JereIC wrote:
I think the lists are going to help if we ever lynch a mafioso (look at his list, see what he was thinking), my vote history is not suspect,
Unless of course your mafia and devised a plan to counter the "list" and then suggested the "list".
Yeah, but, why would I do that? I had to draw attention to myself to propose those lists, and pressing for them did make me look suspect. If I am mafia, at best I got a little bit of info out of those lists, and messed with town's mind. At worst, I have made myself look very suspect, and handed the town their first mafia lynch. So, why would I have thought I had anything to gain by proposing the lists, even if I had a plan for them?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:12 am

Post by mathcam »

Here's an interesting point:

JereIC was suspicious of Yanqush, Mojo, and PP.
Tigris was
not
suspicious of Yanqush, Mojo, and PP, exactly the same three people.

What does this mean? I have no idea.

I would that if JereIC was evil, he would have included his partner in his list of 3, don't you? PP was innocent, I happen to know Yanqush was innocent, leaving Mojo. Thus, I suspect that if JereIC is mafia, then so is Mojo.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:47 am

Post by Werebear »

And much discussion followed, since the town knew if they lynched two more of their own, the mafia would win. Very little actual accusations, mostly lists of who alive was (or wasn't) suspicious, and who was (or wasn't) going to hang for it. The day was progressing pretty well, except for the lack of knowledge.... which the town would probably receive too late, by ransacking the room of the person who they lynched.

VOTE COUNT

Mojo - 2 - (JereIC, Leonardo 007)
Prizm - 1 - (Tigris)
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:54 am

Post by Mojo »

mathcam wrote: I happen to know Yanqush was innocent...
here you bring up again the "I know what I'm am but what are you..." discussion.

Leo hasn't spoken for a while, and Prizm's last post seems oddly fishy, saying he doesn't have a clue on who might be mafia. It just seems over evasive for my taste. I haven't suspected Prizm up until now, but after discer said something about his posts I went and reread his posts and realized that discer was right. I will not cast my vote yet, but it will probably go to Prizm.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:56 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, it's time to make a call. My gut's telling me to go with JereIC, and if nothing else, I think the revelation of whether he was town or mafia will help us make a decision tomorrow on Mojo. Plus, if you're agreeing with my way of thinking, then 2 of Mojo, Prizm, and JereIC are evil. Even if we picked randomly from there, we'd have pretty good odds.

Vote: JereIC

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:00 am

Post by JereIC »

Ok, so after y'all lynch me, you
will
go after Mojo next, right? You don't have to evaluate this statement for mafia disinformation until you've lynched me. If you think I'm mafia and trying to spread disinformation about Mojo, lynch me. I'm a townie, I think Mojo is scum, and if you need to lynch me to prove that, so be it. We have three suspects for the mafia, and we have to lynch them all, so let's do it.

I'm not going to vote myself becuase I want as much discussion as possible before y'all do this.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:03 am

Post by mathcam »

Sigh...maybe it would be better to go after Mojo, first. If you're mafia, JereIC, that was a good empassioned plea you had just there.

Unvote: JereIC

Discer, you didn't mention Mojo in your last post...does that mean you're no longer suspicious of him?

Cam
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Post by discer »

Mathcam, my suspicions are still on Mojo, Prizm and JereIC. I just didn't have anything new to say about Mojo in my last post.

I think it's a solid bet that one of those three is mafia and maybe even two of the three. I keep swaying between the three and so I am hesitant to make my choice as this is an important one. If we lynch incorrectly we'll wake up tomorrow with 3 town and 2 mafia.

I feel like I'm stuck on reading between the lines and am missing something. I'd like to hear from Tigris and Leo.......
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:01 pm

Post by Tigris »

Well, it wasn't so much that I wasn't suspicious of them, it's just that I hadn't gotten around to figuring out why they were suspicious yet :wink: I mean
The List
tm
isn't complete until everyone is on it. Sorry, tired, so my mood is flucuating pretty wildly ^_^

My main suspect is still prizm, but then again it seems he is trying, so perhaps he is pro-town, I'm not really sure. Most of the time a new player would likely be quiet to the point of crickets, so that might head more towards Mojo then prizm, but I don't know, too tired. Hopefully it makes more sense at 11ish EST (or whatever time thingy we are in right now) tomorrow after class. One thing to note though is that if JereIC is scum and mojo isn't, then having us lynch mojo after him would produce an end-game for the mafia, just something to keep in mind I guess.
Leonardo 007
Leonardo 007
Goon
Leonardo 007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:49 am

Post by Leonardo 007 »

I'd like to hear from Tigris and Leo.......
I'm afraid I don't have anything to add. As I told you, my suspects were Princess, Mojo and Jersey. Princess is dead, wrong lynch. It doesn't seem like both living suspects are mafia, though Jersey does have a point here. Never played mafia before, I don't know if people actually use such tactics. I don't even know how do mafia members connect each other and how much are they allowed to consult each other. If it is a common thing, then they could both be mafia, but I've got a feeling that only one of them is. And since Mojo's trying to lynch me with such fury [and I don't think it is anti semitism ;)] I'd prefer seeing him outa the game.

The only player who is still a riddle to me is Tigris. I couldn't identify his personality. He's an enigma. But recently reading "Life of Pi", I am quite in fond of Tigers at the moment, so I leave him alone for now.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:18 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, Mojo it is.

Caution
: This puts Mojo one away from a lynch.

Vote: Mojo

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:54 am

Post by Werebear »

And indeed, the number of people who thought Mojo was a mafia goon increased. Slightly. But indeed, it was almost the majority that was bracing themselves to once again try and eliminate the threat among them.

Mojo - 3 - (JereIC, Leonardo 007, Mathcam2)
Prizm - 1 - (Tigris)

NOT VOTING: Discer, Mojo, Prizm
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Mojo
Mojo
Goon
Mojo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:38 am

Post by Mojo »

I'm not going to vote for myself, if Prizm or Discer really believe I'm mafia they'll have to do it.

but I'm still trying to figure out why I'm so suspicious. Is it only because I stated my suspicion on Leo a couple (or more) times?
JereIC didn't even say why he was suspicious of me, he just say "I have a hunch".
if it is only because pushing for the Leo lynch, and it's enough of a reason for you so be it. But please consider that he might still be fooling you all, agreeing with everything you say and such. I don't have anything else to say untill I'll get an answer.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:47 am

Post by Tigris »

Leonardo 007 wrote:The only player who is still a riddle to me is Tigris. an enigma. But recently reading "Life of Pi", I am quite in fond of Tigers at the moment.
^_^, don't worry no one has ever really figured me out in rl or on-line, and tigers are my favorite, favorite animals by far. I kinda wish I was one, if for no other reason then to have a tail *_*

Anyhows, as to the actual game. With three on mojo without prizm voting for him, I think it is fair to say that mojo will almost certainly be lynched, so either one person should take their vote off if they would like further discussion, or else I can end the day right here. Personally, I doubt that there is much more to say today, but I have been wrong in the past and likely will be wrong again in the future, so . . . Personally, I think that discer or myself is the most likely to get killed tonight, so if nothing else what to do tomorrow if mojo is/isn't scum might be a good place to start because I don't think the night will give you/us (pronoun depending on if I am killed) much information.
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:47 pm

Post by Prizm »

Bah...I've become somewhat bored and frustrated with this game, so I'm going to vote for Mojo and practically guarantee my lynch tomorrow if Mojo is innocent.
vote: Mojo
[/b]
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:18 pm

Post by discer »

Perhaps my drinking binge has gotten the bitter of me. (No pun intended.... wink, wink.) I guess I'll try to go to sleep now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”