Mini 1015 (GAME OVER - inquire within for results)

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Previous post has been edited again. I recommend you look it over if you had seen it before.

Also, vote count is the same as before.
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

ok i like how you said jelly beans
#freeShotty
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Enigma »

I don't like how Thor is judging people's affliction based on how they randomly vote. Sure it's a bad excuse to bandwagon but then it is a RVS bandwagon. I'm not sure about other people but I don't give complex analysis to how I randomly vote and I'm fairly confident many others are like me. When a silly, funny, witty reason pops into my head during that stage: there comes a random vote. There is already plenty of discussion to go off which is a far more accurate means of scum hunting than just relying on how people randomly (<- key word here buddy) voted.

I'll try have a proper read when I'm not drowsy from just waking up (yes I'm an aussie) if i have time when i get home ... going to have a nasty night of alcohol induced fun tonight!
ps: I promise no drunk posts @3am in the morning.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Enigma - be sure to let me know when you think I'm allowed to start taking your posts and votes seriously.

Meanwhile I'll do this.

Vote: Enigma

No need to worry about it, it's probably just random and I'm being witty as a retort to you.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by seth »

@Friend

I think you're scum soley because you think Jmerph is town. He buddies up to you and piggybacks on your reasoning and you don't suspect him? -.-

@jmurph

Are you saying that I'm town? Scum wouldn't need to help town

@Uite

Hmm.. that post smelled funny.

unvote
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by seth »

Edit: I still don't like Friend ignoring Jmurph or Jmurph jumping onto my wagon, but Uite's post is funny and that's worth looking into.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Friend »

So everyone who thinks Jmurph is town (disagrees with you) is therefore scum? Come on now.

Thor, what do you think about seth's play? I haven't heard your opinion.

Seth, what is funny about Uite's post? He gets suspicious of you in it?
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Snarky »

I'm gonna support what Uite said. Is this a normal pace for a game? Cause I've been reading like the 4 new pages that happened today and I'm all mixed up and confused... I'll try to reread and make a useful post tomorrow, if there's not like 4 oter pages by then.

For what I remembered having read: I don't like Seth at all. He votes someone because he says his reasoning is weak (I don,t remember who it was), but then vote hops with purely OMGUS reasoning on a lot of players finding him suspicious, really over-defensive.
unvote
vote: Seth

Oh ya and to answer Thor's yesterday's question which was four pages ago, I switched my vote because my vote on enigma at the beginning of the game was totally and purely random, but my vote on NS was still random, but with a flimsy in-game related reassoning, which was still better than a totally random one
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by seth »

Nah. Jmurph buddied up to you specifically but you ignored it.
Uite wrote:These sentences by themselves don't paint a good picture of you at all, and they're your own words. The first can be interpreted as "I don't think Shotty is mafia", in the second you claim mafia and in the third you seem to be knowingly voting for a mislynch. Are you really that obvious, or just a VI? Either way, it makes you look bad.
I don't get how the first one can be interpreted as "I don't think Shotty is mafia" if I voted him and explained how said statement was a joke. Btw, forget the joke - you need a sense of humor to understand it and I don't really feel like explaining it :/ Anyways, yeah I don't get how it can be interpreted as so, so elaborate sir. Second, I never claimed mafia and if you're going to try and accuse me off of that: lol. That seems like you're twisting my words out of context. I was talking to Friend and clarifying what he thought I meant. The third is kinda dumb. There are 12 people alive. For it to be MYLO on the first day there would have to be 5 mafia. Assuming we have SK's there would have to be at least 2 or 3 SK's in addition to 3-4 mafia for us to lose by mislynching on the first day :/ Plus I doubt the mod would put us in MYLO or LYLO in the first day. I don't understand how I look bad at all, and to me it seems like Uite is setting up a backdoor or diminishing my credibility by putting me into categories detrimental to the town. Mafia or VI? Seriously?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

willows_weep wrote:-Uhm, I don't understand post 123. What are you saying that you "can't" do?? I don't believe I've played any games with you....
I can't talk about an ongoing game. I've been reading one that you're in. (You are correct that we've never played toegther prior to this game.)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by seth »

Uhh... Snarky how are my reasons OMGUSy?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Friend »

Because all the players that have suspected you, you also conveniently find scummy.
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by seth »

Convenient huh? I guess I must remember to FoS every single person in the game so that at the very least, I won't be accused of OMGUS'ing. /Sarcasm

That being said:

FoS: Everyone
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

ok really?? seriously!?!?!
Vote Seth
#freeShotty
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by seth »

LMFAO
seth
seth
Goon
seth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by seth »

Friend, you gonna start considering that I might be town or are you going to keep it coming with the OMGUS bullshit?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Friend »

I'll consider that you may be town if you stop acting so scummily. Answer my question about Uite.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I just woke up from a nap. I need to read the last 3 pages...yeesh.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

tl:dr
Question for Snarky about his RVS and flimsy reason votes (and here I thought they were supposed to be one and the same.
Nobody is a Contentless McLurkyman
Friend needs to hear me via reading.

=============================================================================================
Snarky wrote:I'm gonna support what Uite said. Is this a normal pace for a game? Cause I've been reading like the 4 new pages that happened today and I'm all mixed up and confused... I'll try to reread and make a useful post tomorrow, if there's not like 4 oter pages by then.
Sometimes games go quick, sometimes they go slow, sometimes games do both over the course of their game life. I'm pretty happy with this one because it's going quick and it's not bulking up on pages via fluff or nonesense posting. Yeah, there's some but the majority is actual solid stuff. The posting rate is above average in this game for some players, and below average for others. Overall I'd say the game is moving somewhat on the fast side of normal, 4 pages in a day is not that odd, and as long as it's content filled it is actually a good thing.
Snarky wrote:Oh ya and to answer Thor's yesterday's question which was four pages ago, I switched my vote because my vote on enigma at the beginning of the game was totally and purely random, but my vote on NS was still random, but with a flimsy in-game related reassoning, which was still better than a totally random one
Why make a random vote in order to buy yourself time to do a flimsy vote? Do you feel your random vote served a purpose before you unvoted? If yes, what purpose? If no, why unvote before you learned something from the first vote?

@Nobody
- your last two posts, at least, were pretty much doing nothing but commenting on your inability to comment on ongoing games. Feel free to actually, y'know, provide content anytime.
Friend wrote:Thor, what do you think about seth's play? I haven't heard your opinion.
Maybe because
when it's typed out
you have to read it
not hear it?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

seth wrote:At least I didn't say "I think Shotty is mafia lol. Vote Shotty."
seth wrote:Why would I vote shotty if I didn't think he was scum. I'm saying at least I didn't excuse my vote with something really stupid as a joke. Sometimes you have to make thing so obvious on the internet.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Someone should have put a wet floor sign up, seth just slipped.

Unvote, Vote: seth

After those posts, the speculation/finger-pointing faucets were turned up to full blast. Also, every person who he's suspected had suspected him first. This wouldn't be so bad with one person, but with 3?

"Oh shit. They're on to me."
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Friend »

Sorry, didn't catch that Thor. :/
It was lost amidst a sea of text.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Uite »

@Thor: Gotcha. I see how vigilantes are awesome now. They can take some of the pressure off town. Do I understand correctly when I say that they can take care of what otherwise would be policy lynches, thus focusing the town to only need to look for scum.

@seth: About my comments about you, I was just pointing out what may have contributed to people finding you suspicious. I don't actually agree, if you look at it in context, but it's very easy to take it out of said context. I'm not saying that's what you meant, I was explaining how it could be interpreted, thereby helping you understand your situation. Notice how I didn't vote, or even FoS you for it. I do think you're overreacting, but that's null, especially from a new player like you.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Nobody Special »

My apologies. Life, you know.

unvote

Now, I need to go read the thread until my eyes bleed.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 am

Post by eldarad »

Seth, post 153 wrote:Btw. Would it help if I said that Shotty's reasoning on Uite isn't the ONLY reason for which why I suspected him? It sounds like you two think that's the only reason why I suspected him. Let me clarify: I don't suspect Shotty SOLEY because of his reasoning on Uite.
Well...it would help a whole lot more if you told us what those reasons were...

I'm still not entirely clear what your stated reasoning actually was.
Seth, post 179 wrote:I think you're scum soley because you think Jmerph is town. He buddies up to you and piggybacks on your reasoning and you don't suspect him? -.-
When did jmurph buddy up to Friend? I haven't seen any buddying yet.

~~~
Thor, post 160 wrote:Don't want to lynch drmyshottyizatoolongname today. If I was a vig I would consider him a high possibility to shoot tonight.
I definitely do NOT approve of players attempting to direct power roles. You've just pinged my scumdar in a big way there.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 am

Post by jmurph3 »

@eldarad: I think Seth's thought of my buddying with Friend stems from when Friend and I said the same thing at almost the same time. Personally, as I've already mentioned, I don't see it as buddying, but there you are.

Also, as a question, since this is my first mini-normal, and thus my first time with a potential vig, is it bad in general to "direct" the Vig? I mean, vig is a town-aligned role, correct, so does it hurt to point out "This person is being anti-town and would make a good vig kill"? I'm just curious because it doesn't seem like that bad of an idea to me, especially if we have an inexperienced Vig who doesn't know who to kill.

Finally, not much has changed regarding my reads in this game. I'm really waiting for Nobody Special to post, since I think at this point he's the only one who hasn't posted any real content.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”