scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Busdriver won't know who the PGO is. So if he wants to redirect to the PGO he simply puts his guess to who the PGO is out of the two remaining creative pairs second so that he does not die.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

scotmany12 wrote:Busdriver won't know who the PGO is. So if he wants to redirect to the PGO he simply puts his guess to who the PGO is out of the two remaining creative pairs second so that he does not die.
Well, an alternate way of doing it would be to announce who the PGO is, and use the bus driver to protect one of the high value targets by re-directing anyone who goes after them to the PGO. (High value targets are the CD, possibly the tracker, possibly the CEO.)

That should actually keep the CD even safer; scum might risk trying to kill the CD if the worst that'd happen is their kill might get redirected elsewhere, but if there's a high chance their kill will be sent right to the PGO, they probably won't try it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:53 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Yosarian2 wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Busdriver won't know who the PGO is. So if he wants to redirect to the PGO he simply puts his guess to who the PGO is out of the two remaining creative pairs second so that he does not die.
Well, an alternate way of doing it would be to announce who the PGO is, and use the bus driver to protect one of the high value targets by re-directing anyone who goes after them to the PGO. (High value targets are the CD, possibly the tracker, possibly the CEO.)

That should actually keep the CD even safer; scum might risk trying to kill the CD if the worst that'd happen is their kill might get redirected elsewhere, but if there's a high chance their kill will be sent right to the PGO, they probably won't try it.
Whole lot of WIFOM with this really. Did the busdriver actually switch the PGO with someone? If so, who did he do it with? I like the idea of keeping the busdriver a secret, as to protect the three creative teams.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Adel »

mod: Were alignments randomly assigned?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

The CEO shouldn't be using his ability today anyway, considering it's a 1-shot. The CEO should be saving it for if the CD dies.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:10 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I'll be saving it for when the majority of the town wants me to use it.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Adel »

p.s. please poke SensFan and vollkan before this game gets too long. Neither of them have posted yet.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

The problem with using the bus driver to redirect to the PGO is if the tracker targets the bus driver's target then he dies by getting redirected to the PGO.

By making that the plan we do what Adel didn't want to do by using a roleblocker, which is force the tracker to target only players who are not likely bus driver choices otherwise risk being redirected to the PGO and killed. If the CEO or CD are scum, they could then submit a kill without any risk of being tracked.

The bus driver needs to just drive from one of the powerful roles (CEO/CD) to a vanilla role (account member). Trying to concoct a scheme to drive to the PGO actually limits effectiveness. That's not even considering that publicly announcing the PGO gives the scum the ability to kill his tracker buddy without repercussion.
Ren Hoek
Ren Hoek
Goon
Ren Hoek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Ren Hoek »

We're not planning on making the night choices public, are we?

Which brings me to the topic of CKD. Lurkerscum much? Yes? No?
[i]Hey Guido, it's all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he lets loose the marmosets on us.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:54 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

speaking of lurker scum....
Mod: going to be on vacation between 11th to the 19th.

Will try to post my thoughts today...just trying to get my head around the game and the phases. Still confused....will post something today and ask whatever questions (though probably will come off daft I am sure.)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Korts »

Adel wrote:
No comment.

SensFan has been prodded; vollkan hasn't picked up his role and alignment yet. If he doesn't pick it up until tomorrow, he will be replaced. CKD's V/LA is noted.
scumchat never die
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 am

Post by SensFan »

Sorry. This hadn't made it on my Watched Topics.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:31 am

Post by SensFan »

Alright, caught up on this and my QTs.

Seraphim looks very scummy to me, will likely be getting my vote when we switch to the lynching phase.
I like Adel's plan for roles.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:09 am

Ok, getting caught up..think I understand the game now..typing as reading.
Scot gets the conversation started with talks of random decisions for future abilities…of course he did say this on page two when there was absolutely nothing to go on right now.

I feel that Ren is doing a lot of reaching…haven’t decided if he is trying to get shit started (scum hunting) or seeing what the town buys and going with that.
Adel wrote:should both tracker abilities go to the same creative team to mitigate the risk of scot being scum and the risk of 1/2 of a creative team being scum?
this is why I like adel. protown out of the box thinking. for some reason I thought one power per team...I think this might be a good idea.
Ren Hoek wrote:Seraphim's first post in the QT stated that one player on the team was scum.

The thought hadn't occurred to me, I hadn't read the rules yet. Now I read the rules, but I'm still somewhat unclear on the concept.

Seraphim knew right off the bat that there was scum in our group.
I am not seeing where he said that

Post 101-105, Ren looks really scummy here….not sure how Sera indicated any scum knowledge.

Reading, on, boils down to Ren “believes” you are implying…that is not how you presented the information in this thread.
FaerieLord wrote:And read the entire thread. Directed to Seraphim

106: I like the deflection there onto ren, and the overreaction to the accusation put forward by ren does not go down well with me either, to be completely honest
On my god, 2 of my favorite scum tell catches in one sentence….bullshit overreaction accusation and the term “to be honest”. Only I think FL and I have bumped heads over this term before (and he was town)….what was an overreaction in his reply?..what would a normal reaction be?

+++
Adel wrote:List of roles from most important to least important:

CD
CEO
Creative Team Members
Acc Team Members

~~~

1. The CD assigns PGO+Tracker to one Creative Team, and Bussdriver to another Creative team. Which teams he picks remains secret until the next day.
2. The Creative team assigned PGO+Tracker assigns PGO to one member and Tracker to the Other.
3. The Tracker tracks anyone besides his Creative partner. He does not tell his partner who he tracked until the next day.
4. The Busdriver switches 2 of any players not on a different creative team from himself (he picks two from: CEO, CD, Acc Team, and his own creative team partner). He does not tell his partner who he picked until the next day.

The important part is that the Tracker can only be safely targeted by the scum if his partner (The PGO) is scum. We will get his results, guaranteed.

The CEO or the CD will be one probable target for the scum kill. The bus driver gets to throw up wifom by probably switching one of them with a member of the Acc team.
I like this plan. Of course, I had to really think about it and how it works. I think I got it, anyway. Worried the fucking game might be above my mental capacity.

At any rate,

Vote tracker.

Any reason you think the mod included 2 trackers today as an option? Is there something I missing here?

Also sens, can you elaborate on why you think Sera is scummy?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:16 am

Post by SensFan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Also sens, can you elaborate on why you think Sera is scummy?
A combination of factors.

For one, presenting a self-meta as a reason that supposedly says 'everything I'm doing that you think is scummy is just me'. The other reasons are what his 'meta' was explaining as Town, like the eagerness to lynch, and such.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Seraphim »

It's just who I am. I'm trying to fix it.

*sigh*

I am seriously considering replacing out. I'm not sure if I'm in a right state of mind to play this game effectively.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:36 am

Post by FaerieLord »

ckd wrote:On my god, 2 of my favorite scum tell catches in one sentence….bullshit overreaction accusation and the term “to be honest”. Only I think FL and I have bumped heads over this term before (and he was town)….what was an overreaction in his reply?..what would a normal reaction be?
We have bumped heads before (Not entirely sure which game it was, but the only game I remember being scum and you were in the game was mith's hotel california. And I died night one, while you were in the cellar. So it couldn't have been that). I was town, I used that phrase.

Also, the overreaction to me comes when people start bolding words in their sentences (101, 105). Maybe my view on this is mistaken, like your honestly thing, but I do see those as signs of losing composure.

Also, CKD, how do you feel at putting tracker at hammer again, especially in regards to my fake vote plan?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:37 am

SensFan wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Also sens, can you elaborate on why you think Sera is scummy?
A combination of factors.

For one, presenting a self-meta as a reason that supposedly says 'everything I'm doing that you think is scummy is just me'. The other reasons are what his 'meta' was explaining as Town, like the eagerness to lynch, and such.
that seems reasonable....I was just checking.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:41 am

FaerieLord wrote:
ckd wrote:On my god, 2 of my favorite scum tell catches in one sentence….bullshit overreaction accusation and the term “to be honest”. Only I think FL and I have bumped heads over this term before (and he was town)….what was an overreaction in his reply?..what would a normal reaction be?
Also, the overreaction to me comes when people start bolding words in their sentences (101, 105). Maybe my view on this is mistaken, like your honestly thing, but I do see those as signs of losing composure.

Also, CKD, how do you feel at putting tracker at hammer again, especially in regards to my fake vote plan?
the "honesty" belief recently got my ass hung...I still feel that it is a subconsicous thing, but recently been proved wrong, (shrug).

I hate it when say being overreactive is scummy. Maybe because I play so hot most of the time...still rubs me the wrong way.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Korts wrote:
Adel wrote:
No comment.
That's...a very interesting thing for the mod to "no comment" on. It usually just goes without saying in a smalltown game. I'm wondering how much I should read into that.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 am

Post by FaerieLord »

CKD, can you answer this

"Also, CKD, how do you feel at putting tracker at hammer again, especially in regards to my fake vote plan?"
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:01 am

Post by TDC »

I approve of the Tracker, PGO, Busdriver combo.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Korts »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Korts wrote:
Adel wrote:
No comment.
That's...a very interesting thing for the mod to "no comment" on. It usually just goes without saying in a smalltown game. I'm wondering how much I should read into that.
It's... a very interesting thing to be asked in a Smalltown game. I don't see the relevance. For the record, it was random.
scumchat never die
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, good to know.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:58 am

FaerieLord wrote:CKD, can you answer this

"Also, CKD, how do you feel at putting tracker at hammer again, especially in regards to my fake vote plan?"
not sure what you are asking? fake vote plan?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”