raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Occam wrote:
freek wrote: Raider, my mason partner gave ME away actually. We are actually what looks to be 3rd party masons. Our victory condition (at least mine) is simply to get to the town alive on day 6. I also have the town win condition of winning when all scum are found. It is unknown to me what PK's alignment is.
HUH?

unvote - vote: freeko

That makes no sense for a variety of reasons - your win condition is to be alive on day 6? Mine doesn't say anything about ME being alive on day 6 - nor does it specifically mention "day 6".

Freek and PK are either third-party or scum.
I have never heard of a mason role where one can confirm the other but the other can not confirm the one. I think I am missing something but not sure what. Maybe a reread over the weekend will help.

Mod-Edit Votecount 1-7

freeko - 3 (MonkeyMan, Sipylus, Occam)
Lunar Tick - 2 (Rogue Shenanigans, Kiro)
Occam - 1 (Prom King)
Rogue Shenanigans - 1 (freeko)
MonkeyMan - 1 (BSG)

Not Voting - Lunar_Tick, Raider, Korts, Rhinox

With 12 left, 7 to lynch.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Occam »

I don't think you're missing something, I think it's a bullcrap claim.
Slice.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Occam wrote:I don't think you're missing something, I think it's a bullcrap claim.
Well maybe... but as this is a theme game, we can't count out the possibility of unusual roles - even ones we haven't seen before.

We still haven't heard from PK again yet, so its a little premature to be calling for the lynch of a claimed mason, who's mason partner claimed he was innocent. even if they are lying, there are still more scum to find as well.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by freeko »

Occam wrote:I don't think you're missing something, I think it's a bullcrap claim.
Then how stupid will you look after I am dead either by lynch or NK? Its not like I can really hide anything at this point.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Occam »

Then how stupid will you look after I am dead either by lynch or NK?
You played a stupid game. That's not my fault.
but as this is a theme game, we can't count out the possibility of unusual roles - even ones we haven't seen before.
Clearly. But you'd expect roles to
make sense
Slice.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by freeko »

Total OMGUS here. I wont even bother making any attempt to hide it.

unvote

vote: Occam

I have just had enough of you at this point.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Occam »

Total OMGUS here. I wont even bother making any attempt to hide it.

If this an attempt to create a "too scummy to be scum" fallacy for meta or the wiki, you've hit almost every point on the books.
Slice.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by Korts »

vote: Occam

For revoting freeko. It is not pro-town to lynch either of them today, since they've confirmed each other's claim; and freeko's wincon claim of "being alive on Day 6" seems like a survivor role, which also shouldn't be lynched solely for being a survivor. I also don't like the implication that since your wincon doesn't have anything about Day 6, freeko's can't have either. You say freeko's claim doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons, but you only state one; elaborate please.
scumchat never die
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:09 am

Post by freeko »

Just so you know korts, the caravan reaches the destination town on day 6. It is the last rule in the Other category. PK and I win by either siomply making it to the town or by finding all scum. (Would be hard to get killed if there are no scum left I think)

I think a FoS on the other 2 that have their vote on me seems to be in order as well.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 am

Post by BSG »

Occam wrote:Based on this information I got in my role pm, it's somewhat hard to believe that there are masons in this setup - but I won't rule out the possibility entirely. It just doesn't really make sense.
Could you explain this a bit more?

Prom King, does your PM mention Freeko's allignment?
What are your reasons for voting Occam?
Freeko wrote:Maybe now you understand why I was exploring another linked pair possibility.
Nope, so please explain. Even if you're a mason, it doesn't justify the fishing.

And it would be nice if Korts could explain why he thinks it's bad to lynch one of Freeko or Prom King.

Occam, you may state the reasons why you voted Kiro.

Well, I can think of one situation I've seen in which one mason knew that his partner was town, while the other didn't know his partner's allignment. This was the case in Mafia 84. One of the masons was scum and his buddy was town. But this is the only game I know in which it was the case. In all the other games I've seen, the masons were confirmed or not (Neighbours).
It would be nice if Prom could tell us a bit more.
freeko wrote:I have just had enough of you at this point.
The best reason for a vote ever :roll:

Freeko, could you perhaps paraphrase your role? And also, just in case you missed it, both MonkeyMan and Sipylus haven't posted yet after the claim. Strange that you FoS them now.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Korts »

BSG wrote:And it would be nice if Korts could explain why he thinks it's bad to lynch one of Freeko or Prom King.
If they are masons like they say they are, keeping them alive will mean that the mafia will always have to choose between killing one of them and reducing the number of semi-confirmeds by one and raising the fully confirmeds' number by one, or keeping them both alive and semi-confirmed. Basically, they now serve to draw a NK and create NK-WIFOM.
BSG wrote:Well, I can think of one situation I've seen in which one mason knew that his partner was town, while the other didn't know his partner's allignment.
I've been a neighbour/unconfirmed mason before, with my partner being confirmed. I was town, for reference; unconfirmed mason =/= scum.
scumchat never die
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Occam »

Could you explain this a bit more?
Oh god. I just realized something. I believe freek and PK now. I know it looks scummy but I just reread my role pm and thought about it - I can actually confirm that the two (or one tonight, one the next night) are town. I don't think I should fully claim but I can if necessary. My role is really irregular and I have been pm'ing the mod to try to understand it, but I get it now. My money is now on freek and PK being town.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

unvote

I am going back to Kiro again (@ BSG - I had my vote on Kiro for the LT wagon - I put it back on him after freek claimed - I'm putting it back on him again).

vote: Kiro
Slice.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 am

Post by freeko »

Smart bet.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:43 am

Post by Korts »

Kiro, your reply?
scumchat never die
Sipylus
Sipylus
Townie
Sipylus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Sipylus »

Been busy most of the weekend, this masons business changes things. I'll hop back on MonkeyMan576 as per my post #128 for the time being and do a proper post tomorrow from work.
"Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be."
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Rudner]Rita Rudner[/url]
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Jebus »

Looks like Kiro has wandered off a bit. Prod coming.

If there's anyone else you'd like prodded, please say so (bolded would be nice ;D)
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Rhinox »

BSG wrote:And it would be nice if Korts could explain why he thinks it's bad to lynch one of Freeko or Prom King.
Just to add on to what korts said, in my only other game with masons, the masons had to claim on D1. Both of them were acting scummy, and a few people, myself included still wanted to lynch them after the claim. After discussion, this is what came out of it:

(PS: skip the quotes and read below for a summary)

Mini 688
G-Force - vanilla wrote:I'm inclined to believe the mason claim at the moment, only because I doubt scum would claim confirmed mason with their scum buddy this early. If its ever found that either one of them is scum via cop investigation, death scenes or whatnot, they're screwed.
Xtorm (one of the Mason pair) wrote:Cop shouldn't be investigating us in the first place.
G-force wrote:Well, I was speaking hypothetically, but yes, investigating you or RBT would likely be a waste.
bionicchop2 - doc wrote: Xtoxm and Rice probably both know I am not a fan of how they have played this game, but meh. Nothing can be done about that. If we believe their claim (I do. The risk vs. reward is very poor for scum to pull this gambit as has been mentioned) it does allow us to not be distracted by their play styles (no offense meant Xtoxm, since I actually like playing in games with you despite not really liking how you play).
mrfixij - cop wrote:Rhetorical question. Given that masons are mafia without a nightkill (and win with town), you can see just how convenient a mason claim is for scum. At the moment, I think it clears, but masons being outed always gives me a funny feeling.
Xtorm wrote:Mason is one of the worst claims for mafia to make, and it's nothing like being mafia.
bionicchop2 wrote:Especially on d1, masons is a horrible scum claim and the risk vs. reward just doesn't balance out. If either player turns up scum during the game, the other is an auto-lynch. Only the best players could argue their way out of a mason claim when their 'partner' turns up scum. Now if this was close to endgame, mafia might pull a gambit if the numbers worked out where they felt they could gain enough trust to push enough mislynches for the win.
Rhinox - SK wrote:Off topic theory regarding the mason claim: I agree its a bad claim to make as scum on D1, but I'm wondering is it suicidal? meaning, are there situations where it can work? Yes, if one of them dies and is scum, the other is an auto lynch, but how would 1 of them die if they're scum? Assuming the town believes them, then an SK or vig would have to hit one. An sk might hit 1 to try to get the town to lynch the other if they're both scum. I've heard an sk's first priority is to eliminate the mafia, just like town. A vig might hit 1 to prove the claim and either give us a good lynch the next day, or a confirmed townie for at least a day. A cop could get a 2 for 1 investigation by investigating 1 of them.

Assuming none of those scenarios happen, I suppose the 2 claimed masons lasting until LyLo (when there is suspected to be more than 1 scum remaining) might raise suspisions, but even that wouldn't prove they're scum. Now consider that both RBT and Xtorm were directly in the town's crosshairs... is it worth playing the mason gambit if you think you can't argue your way out of the lynch otherwise? Either it was planned at night to claim mason if needed, or Xtorm dragged RBT into it by claiming, forcing RBT to play along. Knowing little about mason involvement on the site, my first reaction is to think that saying its a horrible scum move to claim mason D1 is WIFOM if there is a chance or examples of scum being able to pull it off. If its never been done/can't be done, then I'll concede the point and label RBT and X as "most likely town"
bionicchop2 wrote:As for the masons - no it definitely is not suicide. One thing I do know about xtoxm though is he does not gambit much and he is not an exceptionally skilled liar by his own admission outside games. I haven't seen a fake claim from Xtoxm yet (outside of claiming vanilla as scum) and I don't think RBT plays that way either. This isn't to say I don't expect them to ever make a fake claim as mafia, but I find it unlikely mason would be the first choice. So, for me, that is definitely giving an early game pass through d1 and possibly d2. Closer to end game I could consider them being scum if both happen to still be alive.
G-Force wrote:The problem with that is that is that its very likely that at least one of those scenarios will happen throughout the game, especially the SK kill. Claimed masons are either real masons or lying scum. SK's need to kill masons quickly since confirmed innocent's are extremely dangerous to SKs late-game, and if they don't have NK immunity, the mafia are high on their list of targets as well. Therefore, even the possibility of an SK makes claiming mason with a scum buddy extremely risky. Scum can't afford to risk two members (likely 2/3 of their team) on those odds.
volkan - mafia RB wrote:Xtoxm says cop shouldn't be investigating the masons. This I do not like. Think about it: Xtoxm has said they were confirmed town to each other. Thus, they are either both town, or both scum. That means that a cop investigation would be able to clear or criminalise both of them. That's by no means a bad investigation (I am not saying a cop should necessarily investigate them; I am simply saying that there are good reasons for such an investigation)
Xtorm wrote:This makes me very happy with a Volkan lynch today.
- - - - - - - - - -
tl;dr version:

"Ugh. Mason claim from my two top mislynches. I'll see if I can salvage a cop investigation on them, though."
Volkan wrote:X, you are completely twisting my words. I didn't positively say or imply that a cop SHOULD investigate you. I simply disputed your argument that a cop should NOT do so. My position is simply this: it would not be inherently unreasonable for a cop to investigate the masons, contrary to your blunt and unsubstantiated assertion that "Cop shouldn't be investigating us in the first place. "
I've posted all the quotes so players could come to their own conclusion, instead of having to just rely on what I say. Basically, it is my belief, based on this game, that scum claiming mason on D1 is unlikely due to the fact that it is very likely 1 of them will be killed at some point, revealing their true roles. Therefore a cop should not waste an investigation on the claimed masons due to both the unlikliness that scum would try this gambit D1, and the inevitability that one or both of them will be killed before LyLo anyways, revealing who they are. In the event that a cop is still considering investigating them anyways, note that only an innocent on PK will clear both of them in our game, but a guilty on PK does not mean they are both guily. A guilty on Freeko means they are both guilty, but an innocent on Freeko doesn't clear PK. However, it is my belief that a cop should not investigate either of them, especially freeko.

This game is slightly different in that both can't confirm each others innocence. Given what i said above, I find it unlikely that both are scum. I think Freeko is innocent, given that he is the confirmed one of the pair, but we must still be suspicious of PK because he is not confirmed. PK may be gambitting that by claiming to save freeko from lynching, he will be viewed as town, especially in the event that freeko is later nked and proven town. That doesn't mean we should immediately lynch PK - rather, throughout the rest of the game, we can't simply consider him to be confirmed town, even if freeko dies and is a town mason.
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 am

Post by freeko »

prod on monkey man
please, its been pretty much forever since he posted last.

Mod-Edit: Done
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:45 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I voted for Freeko, I don't have anything new to say.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I voted for Freeko, I don't have anything new to say.
vote MonkeyMan

I think we found our lynch choice
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 am

Post by freeko »

yeah, I dont get it. You could
unvote
just like that.

but then you coudnt do this
vote: monkey man

I dont get it how you could POSSIBLY keep your vote on a claimed mason. I certainly dont see anyone trying to counter my claims or disputing my alignment. As much as I dont horribly care for Occam, you gotta go.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Occam »

MM is still on par with Kiro for my picks for scum. I would be willing to lynch him as much as I would be to lynch Kiro, so I'll sign up for that.

unvote - vote: MM
... especially because of the lack of effort in that last post. In light of what's happened (I mean even I realized it was a bad idea to lynch Freek today even though I was totally gung-ho all for it) I think it's ridiculous to not even comment on it.
Slice.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Occam »

And I don't want to look like a shepherd here but I do think at least a couple more people should join this wagon. Maybe we can get him to talk.
Slice.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:23 am

Post by raider8169 »

Vote MM

Keeping a vote on a claimed Mason is not cool. Granted he has not been cleared yet but it is worth of an unvote.

I still wish to add that I dislike how scummy freeko is acting however he should not be today's lynch.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:41 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sorry, I didn't see that he was a claimed mason. My apologies.

Unvote

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”