Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 am

Post by vollkan »

vollkan wrote: Isn't it just better to lynch the scum straight-away ?
"Better" for wiki-boasting rights? Yes. "Better" in terms of winning the game? No.

That said, I would like those boasting rights :) If Spurg can clarify whether AlyG received no result
at all
for investigating Lucienne, or received a PM saying that "Lucienne performed no action" I may change to Gemelli. My reasoning for this is that scumKorlash would most likely have chosen Lucienne, the less suspected, to take the kill (assuming that the kill performer was not mandated). Thus, if AlyG/Spurg was actually told that Lucienne took no action, rather than simply not receiving anything (which is what I am led to think AlyG meant by "NO RESULT") that probably suggests Gem is the surviving scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Yep that sound fair.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:02 am

Post by spurgistan »

No, streetflo wrote "Result: No Result" when disclosing what tracking Lucienne and Elias did on the nights Shaft.ed and originality were killed. So, in essence, my scumlist goes (pretty easily from most suspicious to least.
Gemelli.
Volkann.
ABR.
Elias.
Me.

Gemelli and Volkann are a bit interchangeable as of today, Volkann's freaking me out a bit, just because I always hate massclaims, even when everybody's claiming vanilla. Elias and myself are tied for least scummy, as I know he didn't visit originality, at least in the cases godfathers would get tracked, which I would be surprised against
Gemelli
Gemelli
Goon
Gemelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Gemelli »

Well, let me make my opinion on our best course of action official, seeing as ABR already did the same:

Vote: ABR

It seems most likely to me that Lucienne performed the shaft.ed kill, and Korlash RB'd AlyG from making the track. From a metagame perspective, the fact that Originality was killed last night also seems consistent with the actions of someone who had just replaced into a long game -- ABR might have had the information that Originality had claimed Vig, but not the information that the town was on the fence over whether he was a Vig or an SK.

If you look over Originality's posts from yesterday, he did not seem to find me or Vollkan suspicious. His top suspect was Lucienne, with Elias and Korlash as runners up. So I ask you: were I actually Mafia, why would I have chosen a NK target who (1) did not suspect me himself, and (2) was suspected as a possible SK by the town? I would certainly have prioritized Spurgistan (tracker with a good chance of targetting me) or Vollkan (most active player with an aggressive scumhunting style) as a NK over Originality, a player who supported me and who could have been a lightning rod for a future town lynch towards endgame.

Anyway, for those of you who are still trying to decide between me and Lucienne/ABR, I hope you at least keep in mind the contributions each of us has made to this game. Heck, you can use the parser to look up what each of posted to the thread, and when -- the parser that I wrote because of this game, and shared with its players, specifically because this game was already large and unwieldy by the time I replaced in, and because I wanted to arm the town with what I thought would be a useful scum-hunting tool. What would be the motivation for me to share the application with you guys, or even let you know that it existed, if I was scum?

Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out ...
"Specialization is for insects." --Heinlein

[i]Limited Access most weekends[/i]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:32 pm

I don't approve of Gemelli's arguments, but at this point its you guys' call really
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by vollkan »

Spurg wrote: No, streetflo wrote "Result: No Result" when disclosing what tracking Lucienne and Elias did on the nights Shaft.ed and originality were killed. So, in essence, my scumlist goes (pretty easily from most suspicious to least.
Gemelli.
Volkann.
ABR.
Elias.
Me.

Gemelli and Volkann are a bit interchangeable as of today, Volkann's freaking me out a bit, just because I always hate massclaims, even when everybody's claiming vanilla. Elias and myself are tied for least scummy, as I know he didn't visit originality, at least in the cases godfathers would get tracked, which I would be surprised against
Spurg, I don't know if you have been following things, but let me restate my position on this.

We know for sure we are at 4:1. I know that I am pro-town. I am now quite sure that you are pro-town, and by extension Elias also. That leaves 2 people: ABR and Gemelli. What I have advocated today is precisely consistent with me being town. Unfortunately, I know that it is also consistent with me doing a large amount of bussing.

If you find my plan suspect, do not support it. As above, though, it makes no sense to consider me scummy for advocating it.

Answer this question: What would townVollkan do today, knowing that the scum is among Lucienne and Gemelli and that we can safely mislynch?

As for the mass claim thing, I did it for a very good reason: If we mislynched today, the scum could claim a power role tomorrow. Obviously, that would not guarantee their success, but it would be enough that suspicion might be dispersed to other people - chiefly myself, the only unclaimed player. Thus, I got everybody to claim to prevent this from occurring. I could be reasonably sure scum would not claim a power role today, because such a setup would be very unlikely. If we mislynched, however, I was concerned that a scum might claim a power role and potentially topple the game over.

Again, a question: What would townVollkan do today, knowing the potential for the above scenario to arise?
Gemelli wrote: If you look over Originality's posts from yesterday, he did not seem to find me or Vollkan suspicious. His top suspect was Lucienne, with Elias and Korlash as runners up. So I ask you: were I actually Mafia, why would I have chosen a NK target who (1) did not suspect me himself, and (2) was suspected as a possible SK by the town? I would certainly have prioritized Spurgistan (tracker with a good chance of targetting me) or Vollkan (most active player with an aggressive scumhunting style) as a NK over Originality, a player who supported me and who could have been a lightning rod for a future town lynch towards endgame.
This is an enormous "If I were mafia, why would I....?" What is commonly called WIFOM. If you had not NKed Orig, then D4 would have opened at 3:1:1 (where the final "1" represents Orig, whether he be SK or vig, since you would have no way of knowing).

Now, let's say that you decided to kill Spurg N3. That would make it -

D4 opens at = vollkan, ABR, Elias : Gemelli : Orig

Now, in the event of a mislynch (Which would occur by us choosing to take our chances with Orig and instead pursue mafia), it would only have been really possible to have ABR or Elias as the lynchee. Let's say that it was ABR.

After D4 lynch = vollkan, Elias: Gemelli : Orig

Now, at night, you run a real risk of being targeted by Orig, particularly if you behave scummily during the day.

What if you had decided to kill me last night-

After N3 = Spurg, ABR, Elias : Gemelli : Orig

Here, let's say that ABR was again the lynchee.

After D4 lynch = Spurg, Elias : Gemelli : Orig

This puts you in a very tight spot. You are exposed to Orig killing you and to Spurg targeting you.

All in all, Gemelli, I think it perfectly conceivable that you would NK Orig.
Gemelli wrote: Anyway, for those of you who are still trying to decide between me and Lucienne/ABR, I hope you at least keep in mind the contributions each of us has made to this game. Heck, you can use the parser to look up what each of posted to the thread, and when -- the parser that I wrote because of this game, and shared with its players, specifically because this game was already large and unwieldy by the time I replaced in, and because I wanted to arm the town with what I thought would be a useful scum-hunting tool. What would be the motivation for me to share the application with you guys, or even let you know that it existed, if I was scum?
This is interesting - Gemelli is showing a real self-preservation interest. Gemelli, if you are town, we have won already. It would be nicer to win today than tomorrow, but the ultimate outcome remains the same. Thus, I don't understand why you are arguingabout yourself being less scummy - to the point of this weak "If I were mafia why would I....?" about the parser.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Day 4 Votecount #43!

ABR (2) - vollkan, Gemelli
Gemelli (1) - ABR

Not voting: spurgistan, Elias_the_Thief

With
alive it takes
to lynch!
Gemelli
Gemelli
Goon
Gemelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Gemelli »

vollkan wrote:This is interesting - Gemelli is showing a real self-preservation interest. Gemelli, if you are town, we have won already. It would be nicer to win today than tomorrow, but the ultimate outcome remains the same. Thus, I don't understand why you are arguingabout yourself being less scummy - to the point of this weak "If I were mafia why would I....?" about the parser.
Mostly, I'm just struggling to understand what it is about my play that's got me so high on people's scum lists. At this point, Elias, Spurgistan, and ABR all have me at the top of their scum lists, but no one is explaining why. It's frustrating, that's all.

But yes, assuming that we have actually identified the last Mafioso within the group of Gemelli-ABR, it does not matter which of us goes first. Since I am 80% sure of that premise, I'm comfortable being lynched -- it will admittedly be nice to be able to demonstrate that Elias has been utterly, tragically wrong about me for weeks -- though I'd rather go for the player who is most likely to be scum from my POV first, if only because that 20% uncertainty remains.

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Your connection to Korlash mainly. Also, the wierd attack on me that let you pile your vote on right after Korlash voted (I guess thats still the connection thing, but scummy on its own).
I play the games rul gud.
Gemelli
Gemelli
Goon
Gemelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Gemelli »

EBWOP: regarding the Orig NK possibility, I would agree that it's conceivable, but is it *likely*? Again: please review Originality's posts from D3. Look at who he suspected, and look at what he said about me specifically. I understand that this is WIFOM, but I am trying to explain what I think is wrong with the MafMelli scenario. To echo your questions to spurgistan: what would TownGemelli do in this situation?

Gemelli
Gemelli
Goon
Gemelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by Gemelli »

And Elias: *what* connection to Korlash? You've said it a few times, but IIRC you've never explained what links us together.

Again, it doesn't really matter much at this point. I'm just curious and a bit baffled.

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm

Mainly that one vote, and I cant be bothered to look up what else really, as I'm pretty sure we've got the game in the bag with Vollkans strategy, though I'll look at it again more critically tomorrow if luciennes town.

Anyways, I'll hammer tomorrow, if we've all agreed that this plan is the best way to go, though I'd much rather it be Gemelli up there then ABR.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:47 pm

just so you know, the first tomorrow is game days, the second is real life days.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:54 pm

*shrug*
It seems pretty apparent that there are no objections to the hammer. So yeah,
vote: ABR
. I expect this to be a townie lynch followed by scumgemelli tomorrow though.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Aw crap. Shoulda killed the tracker.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Streeflo »

End of Day 4 Votecount #44!

Wow, so many 4s in that title

ABR (3) - vollkan, Gemelli, Elias_the_Thief
Gemelli (1) - ABR

Not voting: spurgistan

With
alive it takes
to lynch!

Passengers started to crowd around
ABR
. First it was
vollkan,
Vanilla Townie
coming in waving his fingers accusingly. Then
Gemelli,
Vanilla Townie
, joined with cries of "It's either you or me scum, and frankly I'd love to live."

However, ABR valiantly resisted and struggled. He bit, he scratched, he attacked, and he fought for every last bit of his life. And suddenly, when it had just looked like ABR was about to overpower them all,
Elias_the_Thief,
Vanilla Townie
, stepped in to turn the tables.

With one final shove, the combined effort of all three of them managed to open the pressure door, and unceremoniously throw out
Albert B. Rampage,
Mafia Godfather
!!!

"Heh heh heh..." came the chuckle from the back. All three townies turned back suddenly, to see spurgistan emerge from the shadows, pulling something from his cloak. The tension was almost solid in the air. Were they all about to get killed even after disposing of the Mafia Godfather?!

Their worries were in vain, as
spurgistan,
Tracker
pulled out a pair of nightvision goggles out, and smiled brightly.

The captain's voice rang through the loudspeakers. "Congratulations, all the scum are now off this plane. Even though many lives were lost, it was worth it. Now, let's PARTY IN HAWAII!!!! YAY~!!"

Albert B. Rampage,
Mafia Godfather
has been lynched.

TOWN WIN!
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by spurgistan »

Hooray! I guess I was more or less useless down the stretch, and before that as a townie, but I guess I won twice. Sorry, gem and volkann for doubting you, I just get a little antsy with massclaims.

Good (long) game, guys.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Night Choices:

spurgistan/AlyG
- Tracker
Night 1: Investigated originality.
Result: CarrotCake
Night 2: Investigated Lucienne.
Result: No Result (roleblocked)
Night 3: Investigated Elias_the_Thief
Result: No Result

NOTE: I returned No Result both if the person had no night action and if he was roleblocked.

Originality
- Vig
Night 1: CarrotCake
Night 2: No Kill
Night 3: No Kill

shaft.ed
- Cop
Night 1: Investigated originality
Result: Innocent
Night 2: Investigated Elias_the_Thief
Result: Innocent

Mafia Group -
Albert B. Rampage(Lucienne), Korlash(Oman), dybeck(Karen)

Night 1: Korlash roleblocks Dr. Blackstrike. Lucienne kills spurgistan.
(Lucienne did not specify specifically who would perform the kill, so I took it by default that Lucienne did the kill that night)

Night 2: Korlash roleblocks AlyG. Lucienne kills shaft.ed
(Lucienne was not available during N2, and Korlash made the night choices instead.)

Night 3: ABR kills originality.
Last edited by Streeflo on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:24 pm

I want to party in Honolulu too :(
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:28 pm

maybe you shouldnt have tried to kill us all! Geez!

Anyways, wow gemelli, im sorry for doubting you, but with lucienne being gone for much of the game, there really wasnt much against her, so whatever weak case I had on you took precedence.

Anyways, good game all.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

Yay :D Absolutely great game all.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Awesome game guys. I'm just curious how many people knew I was the cop going into N2. I knew I laid it on pretty thick but was a little less concerned than I should have been given a claimed Tracker and Orig killing poeple and all. I was really close to claiming just so that I could clear up the Orig issue, but ABR did that for me. Also I'm not surprised you didn't find my breadcrumb, it was seriously buried:
shaft.ed wrote:
Oman wrote:Yeah shaft.ed, I'm so glad that my entire scumplan was to vote for AlyG after I planned that he make a horrible post and then stay there. My oppertunistic scumplan is gettin him under serious pressure.

:eye roll:
My apologies. I just did a reread of Oman's posts and he is absolutely right. I thought
originalty he was town
and my reread reinforcd that.

I've got to say my AlyG impression is looking worse after this last reread.

Waiting to here from some of the other players in this game. Particuarly Dr. BS. Care to give more thought behind your L-3 vote on ryan yesterday outside of him being an ass?
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Roles

You are townie, a plain vanilla townie that has no special powers. You’re useless =[. Okay, actually you aren’t. You have your vote and your brain, so go and use it! You win when all the anti-town factions are dead.
Confirm by PM.

You are a Tracker. Every night you can follow someone and see who they targeted for that night. PM me your choice, and I will send you your result at the end of the Night Phase. Make good use of your power! You win when all the anti-town factions are dead.
Confirm by PM.

You are a Vigilante. Every night you can choose someone to shoot down in the cold blood, in the hopes of killing someone conspiring against the town. You may choose not to kill for the night if you wish, but please send me “No Kill” to make things go faster. Make good use of your power! You win when all the anti-town factions are dead.
Confirm by PM.

You are a Cop. Every night you can send me one person to investigate, and at the end of the Night Phase, I will tell you whether they are guilty or not. Make good use of your power! You win when all the anti-town factions are dead.
Confirm by PM.

You are a Mafia goon along with Lucienne, your Godfather, and Oman your roleblocker. You have infiltrated the town and want everyone dead! Every night, you may talk to each other and discuss your Nightkill or the day’s events. Your Godfather will then send me your Nightkill choice and who they wish to perform the action. You may choose to No Kill if you want, but send me that anyway to make things go faster. You win when at the beginning of any Day or Night phase there are an equal or greater amount of scum than anyone alive.
Confirm by PM

You are a Mafia Roleblocker! Lucienne is your Godfather and Karen is your Mafia Goon. Each night, if you are not performing the Night Kill, you can target someone to roleblock. That person will not be able to perform their actions for the night, and they will not know why. Each night, you may talk with your fellow mafia members and discuss your Nightkill or the day’s events. Your Godfather will then send me your Nightkill choice and who he wishes to perform it. You may choose to No Kill if you want, but send me that anyway to make things go faster. You win when at the beginning of any Day or Night phase there are an equal or greater amount of scum than anyone alive.
Confirm by PM.

You are a Mafia Godfather! Oman is your Roleblocker and Karen is your Mafia Goon. Each night, you may talk with your fellow mafia members and discuss your Nightkill or the day’s events.

As the Godfather, you will then send me your Nightkill choice and who you wish to perform the deed. You may choose to No Kill if you want, but send me that anyway to make things go faster. You win when at the beginning of any Day or Night phase there are an equal or greater amount of scum than anyone alive.

As the Mafia Godfather, you have an extra power of being immune to cop investigations. This means you will show up innocent to all cop investigations. Good luck!
Confirm by PM.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:03 pm

definately would not have noticed that breadcrumb.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Great game guys, the number crunching got a little dull during D1 or D2 or whenever the hell it was, but it picked up in the end.

My thoughts on the game:
ryan's modkill was unfortunate and I was reluctant to do it, but posting your role pm is BAD!

I enjoyed the interesting nightchoices D1. Vig kills innocent, tracker sees vig killing, and cop gets innocent on said vig. That could have potentially outted all of the town's power roles in one fell swoop.

shaft.ed was the logical nightkill for N2, because the vig already said he wouldn't kill, the mafia could roleblock the tracker, and use their nightkill to take out the most protown player, being shaft.ed. Too bad no one knew there was a roleblocker. It made me giggle to see the everyone think Lucienne was a townie after AlyG posted his result.

And yea, unfortunately the game was over when ABR sent in his kill as originality. Tracker probably would have been the best choice in that situation.

Interestingly enough, I got lots of PMs asking about the setup for the game. I did not answer any of them. They varied from shaft.ed asking whether a mafia godfather could perform the kill themself (probably from getting the innocent of originality).
And just yesterday, Gemelli msged me asking whether the Godfather would be immune to tracker results.
Standard roles! =)

The thing that ruined the game most was the constant lurking. Too many replacements had to be found, and that slowed the pace quite a bit.
Special thanks to everyone who replaced into the game! Especially when it was getting really long.

Good game all. I had lots of fun moderating.
Last edited by Streeflo on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”