Mini 1555 Board Game UPick Mafia--Game Over!

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh you better not be phone posting mode.

Why did you motivate Porkens twice and not Kdub before?

Porkens why DO you have watching powers?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

Laughable. You would have motivated Kdub night 4 if you were so concerned.

The second time you motivated me, it did exactly the same thing as the first time you motivated me; it allowed me to watch someone else. I was lying when I said it did something different.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This gives me a massive headache right now.

I have some stuff I want to go into, but I honestly want to see a bit of a slugout before I influence it with my words.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oh wait wait wait, so quill, you know I'm scum because I saw you visit Kdub...because that's inconsistent with what exactly?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ps if I were scum I would have said I saw both of you visit him.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Why? I haven't said who I visited yet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don't Understand your point. If I were scum, and i saw quill visit kdub, I would say you both visited Kdub, which would make quill suspect you. I'd do that rather than just throwing down against quill.
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:29 am

Post by Quill »

Okay, now that I can sit down and actually respond to this...

I didn't vote for Porkens because he said he watched me target Kdub. I did target Kdub, so that wouldn't be a problem. The problem with Porkens' post is that he voted for me, a foolhardy move which would have put the game in jeopardy if he was town because of the possibility that SpyreX is the other remaining scum, but would have been the exact right move if he was scum.

I targeted Kdub today as a Hail Mary; it wouldn't have made sense to target him any other day. Up until Morph's flip, I had a town read on Porkens, which is why I targeted him the prior two nights. Since we have discovered Morph is town (which is bananas, frankly), everything is now up in the air. I didn't expect my motivation to do anything, since Kdub's abilities were to be an Innocent Child with voting restrictions and a Macho designation, but I figured it was better than potentially handing upgraded abilities to scum.

On the plus side, we now know SpyreX is town, which means all that remains for the two of us to do is to get on the same page. I'll be at family things for Easter today, but tonight I'll look back at Porkens' play and formalize my case against him. At this point, though, I think it's clear that his initial suggestion of the charter was a gambit either designed to distract us on Day 1 or to get his partners in a townbloc together (remember, they would have had daytalk at this point), and his interactions with Awesome early on were designed to set up Awesome's eventual fake roleclaim, although they had to jettison that plan when people started to poke holes in it.

Spyrex, who did you track (it was track, yes?) last night? And if you do have supercharged watching powers, Porkens, who did you watch the night before last?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1707, Quill wrote:Okay, now that I can sit down and actually respond to this...

I didn't vote for Porkens because he said he watched me target Kdub. I did target Kdub, so that wouldn't be a problem. The problem with Porkens' post is that he voted for me, a foolhardy move which would have put the game in jeopardy if he was town because of the possibility that SpyreX is the other remaining scum, but would have been the exact right move if he was scum.
Are you saying that you voted for me because my move was foolhardy?

I saw you and only you visit Kdub. There is no possibility that SpyreX is scum. The only way that I'm putting the game in jeopardy is by giving SpyreX the opportunity to miss hammer.

This is not the exact right move if I were scum. The right move for me as scum would have been to say that I saw both you and SpyreX visit Kdub, thus planting the seed of doubt about SpyreX in your mind. That would have turned this into a mexican standoff, rather than a duel.
I targeted Kdub today as a Hail Mary
; it wouldn't have made sense to target him any other day. Up until Morph's flip, I had a town read on Porkens, which is why I targeted him the prior two nights. Since we have discovered Morph is town (which is bananas, frankly), everything is now up in the air. I didn't expect my motivation to do anything, since Kdub's abilities were to be an Innocent Child with voting restrictions and a Macho designation, but I figured it was better than potentially handing upgraded abilities to scum.
This part, at least, is honest ;)
On the plus side, we now know SpyreX is town, which means all that remains for the two of us to do is to get on the same page. I'll be at family things for Easter today, but tonight I'll look back at Porkens' play and formalize my case against him. At this point, though, I think it's clear that his initial suggestion of the charter was a gambit either designed to distract us on Day 1 or to get his partners in a townbloc together (remember, they would have had daytalk at this point), and his interactions with Awesome early on were designed to set up Awesome's eventual fake roleclaim, although they had to jettison that plan when people started to poke holes in it.
This is bologna. Distract us from what? RVS? You were as big a supporter as anyone IIRC. Awesome fake claiming what? When and who were poking holes in it?
Spyrex, who did you track (it was track, yes?) last night? And if you do have supercharged watching powers, Porkens, who did you watch the night before last?
Wait, what? Did you read the game yesterday?
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by The Betting Pool »

Vote Count 6.01:

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Porkens (L-1): Quill
Quill (L-1): Porkens
Spyrex (L-2):

Not Voting: SpyreX

V/LA:

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-05-03 21:39:32)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I've been himmin and hawwing most of my Easter trip back about this.

I reread this game and really looked at the series of bananas that went on and maybe its familiarity but Porkens still feels like town Porkens by a margin. I went through it full tilt paranoia and while I can see it, it just doesn't make enough sense. The awesome 180 and the opting to throw him under the bus when he did just dont click right for scum.

Especially after relooking at Quill and really seeing that my read is almost entirely that early game and then the motivating Porkens. Otherwise Quill kind of lived in backdrop.

Except for Hadrian. That kill made little sense to me at that point with who was left except for the fact Hadrian super wanted a dead Quill.

I think the plan was for me to be the patsy today as probably at least some of the dead thread assumed I was scum coming into today.

Well, dead guys, I hope I dont have to apologize.

Unvote, Vote: Quill
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Final Vote Count 6.02:

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Porkens (L-1): Quill
Quill (L-0): Porkens, SpyreX
Spyrex (L-2):

Not Voting: SpyreX

V/LA:

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-05-03 21:39:32)

Flip in the morning, or likely within 12 hours for those not in my time zone (gasp, the horror!)
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 am

Day Six Lynch Flavor:

After TBP left the room, Porkens declared to Spyrex. "I saw Quill messing with Chess...it must be him!"

Quill held up his hands defensively. "What?! No way! It wasn't me, I didn't touch any of the games!"

Spyrex's eyes narrowed as he looked at Quill's hands. "Then why is there marble dust on your hands?"

Quill looked at the dust that covered him and quickly put his hands behind his back. He grinned nervously. "That could have come from anywhere!"

TBP returned and looked at his guests. "Well?"

Porkens and Spyrex pointed at Quill together. TBP nodded. "So what do you have to say for yourself?"

"It's not my fault! You all brought such crappy games! We had to shrink the pool so that only the good games would be played!" Quill blurted out, realizing he was caught. "I mean seriously...who brings Chess to game night!?"

"It's not the games we came to play, it's the friends we came to play with. You've ruined that. Goodbye, Quill." TBP grabbed Quill's game, shoved it into his arms, and kicked him out of the house.

TBP looked at Porkens and Spyrex. "So... now what?"

Before they could answer however, the doorbell rang. TBP went and answered it, wondering who it could be. When he opened the door, it was all the players that had left (except for awesomeusername, Quill, and Madotsuki) with new copies of their games! "So can we still play?"

TBP smiled and welcomed them in. "Of course! Let the games begin!"

Dice was rolled, cards were shuffled, and pieces moved. Board game night began at last!

Quill was stuck with a 'Q' Day Six! He was
Mafia Roleblocker-Motivator
!

Porkens,
Town Self-Watcher with a One-Shot Power Thief
, has survived and won the game!
SpyreX,
Town Alternating Follower-Voyeur
, has survived and won the game!

All
Town
players win!

Night actions, Role PMs, and QTs to follow...
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:52 am

Night Actions:

Night One:

HighShroomish JKs morph the cat (successful)
SpyreX voyeurs hiplop (gets 'manipulative')
Porkens self-watches and activates power-thief (receives rolecop shot)
morph redirects Surye's action to hiplop and gives Surye the word 'blubbernuggetbondage' (fails due to JK and roleblock)
hiplop protects Kdub (successful)
Surye targets Rolodex with a message:

"What are your thoughts on Porkens? hiplop? Especially after this flip of LMS, hiplop looks even worse in my opinion. I would reserve your response tomorrow for a time which would be helpful timing. "

(successful, but Rolodex is dead)

Quill roleblocks morph the cat and motivates Madotsuki (successful)
Madotsuki neighborizes hiplop and kills Rolodex (successful)
awesomeusername rolecops Porkens (gets role PM of self-watcher and one-shot power thief)

Night Two:

hiplop protects SpyreX (successful)
HighShroomish jails morph the cat (successful)
SpyreX follows morph the cat (failed due to roleblock)
Morph redirects awesomeusername to PV w/"peggedtothefuckingwallbymorph" as the restriction. (failed due to JK)
Porkens rolecops Hadrian (successful)

Quill roleblocks SpyreX (successful)
Quill motivates HighShroomish (successful)
Quill kills HighShroomish (successful)

Night Three:

Porkens activates self-watch (sees Quill)
hiplop protects SpyreX (successful, dies, gets 48 hour QT)
SpyreX voyeurs Hadrian (successful, sees 'none')
morph redirects Kdub to morph with the restriction 'ifmorphdiedtonightIclaimscum' (fails due to roleblock)

awesomeusername kills SpyreX (successful but hits hiplop instead)
awesomeusername rolecops Kdub (success)
Quill roleblocks morph (success)
Quill motivates Porkens (success)

Night Four:

Porkens watches SpyreX (successful, sees no one)
SpyreX follows Hadrian (successful, result: none)
morph redirects Hadrian onto Quill with the word 'wefollowedtheplanandthecodewordisfairyfartspostittoconfirmyouweretargeted' (successful, but Hadrian is dead)

Quill kills Hadrian (successful)
Quill motivates Porkens (successful)
Quill chooses not to roleblock (acknowledged)

Night Five:

Porkens watches Kdub (sucessful, sees Quill)
SpyreX voyeurs Porkens (successful, sees nothing)

Quill kills Kdub (successful)
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:54 am

Role PMs:

Town:

Spoiler:
Dominion

Welcome, LastManStanding!

You are
Dominion, a Town Progressive Jack-Of-All-Trades
!

Powers:

Play the game
--During the day you may post in the game thread and cast your vote.

Build your deck
--Every night for the first three nights, a new card will be added to your deck as follows:

Night One: Haven--You gain a one-shot commuting power. On the night you use it, you will be untargetable by any night actions.

Night Two: Militia--You gain a one-shot roleblocking power. On the night you use it, you may target any other player and any actions they take will fail..

Night Three: Secret Chamber--You gain a one-shot rolestopper power. On the night you use it, you may target another player who will be immune to any other non-killing actions for that night phase.

You may only use one power each night. You are not required to use a power the night you receive it.

You win with the town when all non-town-aligned players are dead and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Morph It!

Welcome, morph the cat!

You are Morph It!, a
Town Redirecter-Post Restriction Gifter
!

Powers:

Play the game

Strike a pose
--Each night you may target another player and redirect their actions to a different player of your choice.

Charades!
--When you use your redirecting power, you must also designate a word that the redirected player must use in all posts made the next day. Failure on their part to do so in three posts will result in their losing their vote for the day. (Nothing that violates the game rules, please)

You win with the town when all non-town-aligned players are dead and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Dungeon!

Welcome, Porkens!

You are Dungeon!, a
Town Self-Watcher with a One-Shot Power Thief
!

Powers:

Play the game

Ambush alert!
--Each night you may activate your self-watch ability. You will be told who visited you but not what actions they've taken.

Grab the gold!
--Once per game, you may activate your power thief ability. The first person whose action resolves on you that night will lose that power for the following night, while you gain the use of it for that night only. This does not include factional abilities.

Go

Welcome, SpyreX!

You are
Go, a Town Alternating Follower-Voyeur
!

Powers:

Play the game

White and black
--You have alternating access to voyeur and follower powers. Once you use one, what's available will alternate on each subsequent night. To use the follower power, you may target another player and will be told what type of action(s) they performed, if any. To use the voyeur power, you may target another player and will be told what type of actions(s) were performed on them, if any. Possible results for both are {killing, investigative, protective, manipulative, none, no result}

Monopoly

Welcome HighShroomish!

You are Monopoly, a
Town (Doubles-Restricted) Jailkeeper
!

Powers:

Play the game

Go to jail
--Each night you may target another player. That player will be role blocked and protected against nightkills. This action is restricted by doubles--if you are targeted by exactly two players, you yourself will be sent to jail in your target's place.

Heroscape

Welcome, hiplop!

You are
Heroscape, a Town Valkyrie Bodyguard
!

Powers:

Play the game

Hero of the Valkyries
--Each night you may target another player. If that player is targeted for a night kill, you will die in their place. Should this occur, you will receive a QT that may be used to communicate with the player you saved for the first 48 hours of the next day phase.

Chess

Welcome, Kdub!

You are
Chess, a Town (Activation-Restricted) Innocent Child
!

Powers:

Play the game

King in check
--At any point in the game, you may PM the mod and have your town alignment verified publicly. However, activating your IC status means that you are subject to the Macho modifier and are restricted to casting one vote only during each day phase from that point on. You may unvote at any time. As per the Macho modifier, any subsequent protective roles that target you will fail.

Shadow Hunters

Welcome,
Surye
PeregrineV!

You are
Shadow Hunters, a Town Mailman-Delayed Tracker
!

Powers:

Play the game

Green card exchange
--Each night you may send the mod a message to be sent on to a player of your choice. They may choose to send back a message at any time during the subsequent day phase through the mod. These messages are limited to 100 words. If you successfully send a player a message, you will have the option to track them the next night. They will be informed of this possibility.

Clue

Welcome,
1baldeagle1
Rolodex!

You are
Clue, a Town Detective
!

Powers:

Play the game

J'accuse!
--Each night, if a player has died on the previous night, you may PM the mod to guess who targeted that player. You will receive a yes or no answer or no result.

Glory To Rome

Welcome, Hadrian!

You are
Glory To Rome, a Town One-Shot Gladiator (With A Prize)
!

Powers:

Play the game

Enter the Coliseum
--Once per game during the
first half
of any day phase, you may activate your Gladiator ability, choosing another player to duel. The vote count will be reset, and only votes cast for one of you two will be counted. If one of you is lynched, the survivor will be able to place two votes during the next day phase.

Mafia:

Spoiler:
Ouija

Welcome Madotsuki!

You are Ouija, a
Mafia Day Talk Enabler-Shifting Neighborizer
!

Powers:

Play the game

Alliances
--At night you may communicate with your fellow Mafia in this QT. You and your cohorts may designate one of your number to shoot another player.

Questions?
--Each night you may target another player. You and that player will receive a QT for one day-night cycle. You may both post in this QT at any time during that day-night cycle as long as you’re both alive.

Answers!
--As long as you remain alive, any other living Mafia may post in the Mafia QT at any time--you may not.

You win with the Mafia when players from your faction are the only ones alive or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Scrabble

Welcome, Quill!

You are Scrabble, a
Mafia Roleblocker-Motivator
!

Powers:

Play the game

Alliances
--At night you may communicate with your fellow Mafia in this QT. You and your cohorts may designate one of your number to shoot another player.

Well-placed words
--Each night you may target another player and any actions they take will fail.

Double word score
--Each night you may target another player. That player's power will be enhanced in some unknown-to-you way.

You win with the Mafia when players from your faction are the only ones alive or nothing can prevent that from happening.

The Resistance

Welcome, awesomeusername!

You are
The Resistance, a Mafia Role Cop-Vote Freezer
!

Powers:

Play the game

Alliances

Spy
--Each night you may target another player to learn what their role is. You will receive a full copy of their role PM.

Assign to a mission
--Each day you may freeze one player's vote. They may no longer move their vote. You will lose access to this power for the rest of the game if the wagon with the frozen vote does not result in a lynch that day.

Motivate effects for all roles:

Spoiler:
Dominion: Extra Haven shot
Morph It!: Doesn't have to give out a restriction
Dungeon!: One-shot Watcher gift to be used in place of self-watcher; cannot be combined with thief shot
Go: uses both powers
Monopoly: May replace JK with doctor for the night
Heroscape: Makes potential QT an extra 48 hours
Chess: gets two times to vote if revealed
Shadow Hunters: gets two back-and-forths, the second one to take place entirely during the day phase
Clue: gets two guesses
Glory to Rome: gets a day of double voting, void if Gladiator activated the same day

Ouija: whole team gets day talk and most recent neighbor QT gets an additional day phase of activity
Resistance: flavor cop shot and no loss of freezing power if used on a non-lynching wagon
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:56 am

Mafia QT

Dead (non-spoilered) QT

Dead (spoilered) QT

Madotsuki-hiplop Neighborhood QT

hiplop-SpyreX Neighborhood QT

:shuffles feet: If anyone is interested to see how this game design evolved, the design/review QT is available upon request.

penguin_alien head Mod comments:

Many thanks to Faraday and AngryPidgeon for reviewing this game in such a short time frame. It would have been vastly inferior without their wise counsel, and their time and brain power is much appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who played, especially the kind replacements. I was quite pleased with the overall activity level and the game atmosphere throughout. Corresponding with players in the context of night actions and in the dead QTs was a delight.

Thanks also to Equinox, quadz08, and Tierce for their timely and helpful input on the end of Day One situation.

I think both teams played reasonably well, and there were times watching where I was sure it could go either way.

Last but not least, thank you, Lucky2u, for agreeing to co-mod this game! It was a blast designing and running the game with you. And for the record, anyone who enjoyed the flavor, that was Lucky's doing. As were the funny parts of the vote counts. (I think I said in one of the QTs, anything you were happy to see came from Lucky [flavor, jokes]; anything you weren't [prods, death notifications] came from me...)

I'd appreciate and welcome any feedback on the game, positive or negative. I think when running a game like this in the future I'd reveal the role PMs when people flipped, given the non-obvious roles in play. We left the Mafia fairly open-ended in terms of giving them fake-claims, leaning more toward giving them plausible town role madness powers (neighborizer, motivator, vote freezer) in addition to their Mafia powers (encryptor, roleblocker, role cop). I liked the idea that Mafia had to think about what was reasonable to claim, although circumstances conspired to lock awesomeusername into the role cop claim.

Thanks again, and I hope to see y'all in future games!

--PA
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:18 am

Post by Kdub »

Quill, if you had killed Porkens on the last night, you probably would have won. I had convinced myself during the night that SpyreX was probably scum.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I am going to be slightly lazy here and echo PA's thanks. Especially the ones to that Lucky2u guy. He's awesome.

Seriously though... I appreciate just being invited to be a part of this game. I had alot of fun designing and modding the game with penguin. In reference to what she said about "everything you were happy to see" coming from me: I like to think of it as penguin did everything that makes the game work and I was just the jester distracting you all with fluff.

Thanks to the players for making one hell of a game and a closer one then I was expecting.
I rooted for scum and was disappointed at their loss.
I was impartial so my win is that you guys had fun (which I hope you did).

Thoughts and feedback?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Cabd »

Oh look at that, my "vague antitown shit" that "town would never ever do" drew the scum roleblocker two days in a row.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Rolodex
Rolodex
Townie
Rolodex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Rolodex »

Basically me this game. Thanks for the game TBP. GG.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1718, Cabd wrote:Oh look at that, my "vague antitown shit" that "town would never ever do" drew the scum roleblocker twice.
EBWOP
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Porkens »

Ahhh I'm so glad you hammered correctly.

I'm sorry for my misreads the entire game.

See you next Tecmo
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 21, Madotsuki wrote:The charter lynch order is disagreeable.
Its contents, dull. I refuse to sign it in full.

Vote: morph the cat

No vote better than that.
In post 40, Quill wrote:I don't like the idea of the charter having "members" and "non-members." This seems to me like we're dodging the point. If this charter gets set up in a decent way, not adhering to it should be scummy, not "non-member-y." No need to set up false dichotomies when we've already got a real dichotomy to worry about. We go after people who look like scum and/or are acting anti-town. All this charter needs to do is establish what we see as "pro-town" behavior and we can take care of the rest.

All in all, though, I like the idea. It's a nice change to wasting time with RVS.
Porkens wrote:how about this:

-Members of the charter are required to post one relevant, new idea per game day.
This is my favorite of Porkens' proposed expansions, and should be integrated right away, with the caveat that it be for everyone as I've elucidated above.

As an addition of my own, can we have a clause about giving reasons for votes when we make them? I'm not saying it'll necessarily trip up scum, but in the last game I played there was a distractive kerfuffle over the practice of votes first, reasons later (which, in the interest of full disclosure, I did myself on accident, although I wasn't the actual subject of the discussion), and it wasn't the most productive way things could have gone. Having to be on the record might be annoying early on, but it might be helpful in the long run.

EBWOP: In response to Morph's concerns, I think it's clear that this charter can't and won't be made up only of town players if we do in fact go forward with the whole members/non-members thing. That's why I think we should give up on the idea of members altogether and just keep this as a sort of code of conduct.
In post 55, awesomeusername wrote:Hey everyone.

I've never seen this charter idea before, but I think I agree with the dissenters. In short, I think the charter will just cause the weakest players to be eliminated first, and while I suppose that's good for endgame, I'd much, much rather lynch scum than just weak players.

I kinda like the general idea though, so I'd like to suggest a compromise.

What if we gave the sole power of lynching to a generally-agreed upon townbloc? We could build the townbloc based on pro-town play, as usual, but avoid the nitpicky legalistic rules of the charter, and poor players would be punished by having essentially no say in the lynch. This way we could punish anti-town play without lynching people without good reason. I don't think scum have a larger chance of getting a free ride out of this than normal, and their manipulation is minimized. Thoughts?

@Porkens: Are you suggesting hyper-policy lynching or am I misunderstanding you? I can understand your desire to play a thought-provoking game, but you do need to play to your win condition...
Thought it would be cool to check out the scumteams opinions on the charter at game-start.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Also, sorry for me bad reads the whole game, but kudos to the rest of town for bringing us the win!!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:40 am

Post by fferyllt »

I feel like the morph in-thread play wasn't stellar, but we did soak up some scum roleblocks and were mostly headed in the right direction readswise. Like I said on day 5, I really wish I'd been on top of things on day 3 because that's the day awesomeusername should have been lynched.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”