Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

I think my only thing is that thje flavor absolutely confirmed one of the magi was scum, and that gave cj away pretty completely.

We were surprised by that and had we known the flavor would be so plain, we would have played it differently.

I agree that town outplauyed scum. This was a pretty abysmal scum game and if there is another nge game, let me know so I can play it and try to erase the horrible taste this one has left in my mouth (my own fault, of course).
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I had been suspecting Amrun since Day 1, but there were people that I felt were scummier so I tracked them first.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

i enjoyed this game. i think it was a good set-up, just happened to be really town favored.

good game to all! :)

lol sorry anti.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Lol, this was probably my best game as town, or really my best game ever. XP
I think the town played great, the scum played decently, and it was a lot of fun for me.
Good game everyone.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Starbuck »

You took that lynch like a champ.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I played..weird. I felt I was very agressive Day 1, and I don't know if I was proud of my play, I was just trying to base it on the fact that I had been confirmed town at that point, but I was reluctant to blow our mason cover (though that happened early enough anyways). I was more paranoid of LLD instead of CJ during Day 2, and then pretty much I knew that CJ was scum by his actions towards me. Did I do a good job convincing town as so? No, I feel that I just got lucky. Though I'm not sure how I lived so long, I felt that once CJ was dead I was 90%+ confirmed, as I doubted there would be an ability that converts 2 people.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Nocmen »

And, I was much more wanting to lynch Cele until Zelink's night actions were explained by Grey, and at that point, nothing added up.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Amrun wrote:This was a pretty abysmal scum game and if there is another nge game, let me know so I can play it and try to erase the horrible taste this one has left in my mouth (my own fault, of course).

Basically what I wanted to say. Sorry I played so poorly this game everyone.

Good game everyone, and especially great job GI in pretty much single-handedly bringing the scum-team down during endgame.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Celebloki »

I had a fun game, I was way too lurky on D1 due to other busy games I had going that screwed my image over for the rest of this game.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

I hope Leliel makes it into 3.0. It's my favorite Angel. :)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Timeater »

3.WHAAAAAAAT?
watch for the eggshells
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Iecerint »

The new Eva movies. 1.0 and 2.0 have been released already. 3.0 is coming next year or so.

It's .0 because they add fancy stuff and new animations for the bluray rereleases.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Timeater »

<3 the original ending
watch for the eggshells
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Kdub »

I still prefer the originals overall, but one thing that Rebuild did was that it took two of the more boring Angels, Ramiel and Zeruel, and made them into the coolest ones. It's really amazing how much more awesome the sniper battle with Ramiel was in Rebuild compared to the original.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:30 am

Post by ooba »

Well played town.
I read like 20 pages thinking I'll finally replace in ;)
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Kast »

Back from V/LA.

@Kdub-
Balance wasn't that bad. Any game in which the SK gets lynched D1 becomes almost impossible for town to lose. In a large game, killing the SK early gives town an extra 3-4 days worth of mislynching (or modkills) and PR use, and lets town focus better on scum hunting and have a more complete picture to solve the game.

I like the mechanic you gave me, but I definitely think it should be modded to what I actually claimed instead of what it actually was (the single night protect is pretty much useless). It's great that CJ revealed himself; given that he was masons with the other supercomputers, it was absolutely the right move to claim and allow use of the ability. The day recruiting as a counter worked perfectly and was a solid balance for that. If I hadn't lied about my ability being day use, it would have been a pretty good balance since scum could have locked me and prevented enabling Noc/clearing LC.

If Tajo had had a different punishment, it wouldn't have affected me anyway since I just hit reply to your PM and didn't realize that reply = reply all. I was in a rush that time to submit any action (though it turned out to be moot anyway), so it was mostly the rush since I didn't have time to write a new PM for the night action as I usually do (also, you made the role clearer in this game so I didn't have a million PMs asking for role clarification questions to "Reply").

@Town-
Good job town.

Great jobs by Spyrex and Pom, unfortunate that you got dead as/when you did (sorry Spyrex, but hope you understand going with the claimed investigation result).

Starbuck, nice solid play while you were here. Hope you can be on the more active side in future games.

Good job to GI in his later game play. Strongly agree with Kdub that my modkill was a boon to town since prior to that GI wouldn't let himself actually play the game or contribute in any way at all. Still absolutely detest his extremely hostile play to everyone and unnecessary personal attacks. I'll avoid signing up in games with you in future.

GW-
At least when the scum were essentially mod-confirmed, you were willing to go after them. Better than can be said for some of our townies.

Iec-
Dunno wtf you were going on about during this game. You called me scum, then said I relieved all your concerns, then called me town, then apparently forgot that and called me scum again. I can only assume you were influenced by our concurrent game at the time.

LLD/CJ/Noc vs Non-Mason Voting Bloc-
The bloc only makes any sense for the masons, and then only as far as trusting people each other for being mod confirmed. Everyone else ended up pushing town and letting scum slip by until the bloc dissipated. What was the value you sought from it and was it worth letting scum slip by and pushing townies to reveal themselves?

@Scum-
CJ- nice job working with what you had and miraculously surviving a day despite being extremely obvious scum.
Vollkan- you played a solid game, and unfortunately that backfired on you with the hider.

Amrun- I guess you were obvious scum to most of town, but you didn't seem that bad to me

Ace- yeah...not a great scum performance
Zeln1k- the claim wasn't so hot and the later game play seemed like you were just giving up
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Timeater »

I need to setup my wiki but im too lazy .-.
watch for the eggshells
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Kast wrote:Iec-
Dunno wtf you were going on about during this game. You called me scum, then said I relieved all your concerns, then called me town, then apparently forgot that and called me scum again. I can only assume you were influenced by our concurrent game at the time.

Yeah. That probably had something to do with it.

I knew you were scum in one of them. <_<
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Kast - It just so happened that my trip to NJ and my trip to NASA happened right in the middle of this game.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Uh Kast... I have a VERY big problem with you saying that.

Our first interaction was you asking me if a damn miller claim was serious (no I do them page 1 post 1 for fun) and then calling me an idiot when I didn't find how you went about it at all townie (I didn't - your mindset was entirely that I was town ('is he seriously a miller' rather than 'is he scum?'). You proceeded to call me an idiot, say I was flailing about randomly, and accuse me of not playing to my win condition.

This is how you treated EVERYONE IN THE GAME WHO QUESTIONED YOU.

You were a complete douchebag, and if I treated you poorly, good. I meant to. It's what you have no problem doing to everyone else.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

He's not always like that. Kast is a sweetie. :(
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Is the magi QT posted?
You said my name?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

GI im in love with you :o
watch for the eggshells
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

CJ: Yea, KDub linked all of the QTs.

Kast: As far as I remember, the goal was not to get all 3 of us magi's on the bloc, with me trying to shy a bit away from it, so I'll leave that question to CJ, he(they) was the ringleader of the bloc.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Kast »

@GI-
Try reading again. You flipped out and went crazy over a simple and straightforward question that did NOT doubt your claim and explicitly questioned relevant aspects of your claim and ways it could be used to find scum. You were an ass then and continued to be an ass afterward to myself and to pretty much everyone who didn't just sheep you (and even some of them).

There's a huge difference between telling someone that their game play is poor and why it is poor (what I did a few times) and straight up insulting people and trying to be an asshole because you disagree with them or you're butthurt about unrelated issues (what you admit you were trying to do). It's also completely ridiculous and inappropriate to play against your wincon just because you're upset with someone (again what you self-admitted).

Have fun trying to justify your completely inappropriate behavior; your personal attacks and being an ass for the sake of being an ass were not good for this game and will never be appropriate in any game. You'll be a much better player once you learn to have some basic respect for your fellow players (even the ones you disagree with). It's disappointing that everyone seems ok with giving you a free pass on your behavior simply because you helped town win.

You're welcome to post any "last word" or whatever, I'm done dealing with your BS and you can be happy I won't be playing with you any more.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”