Mini 1579: The Great Flavor Caper (Game Over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1645, reinoe wrote:
In post 1644, T S O wrote:If I seem bitter and bitchy, that's because I am. We didn't play terribly this game. Out of 3 lynches, we hit anti-town in one. We should not have the potential to lose if our dayplay is of that level.

People assume Dayvig is a strong town role BUT UNLESS SOMEONE WHO IS GOOD HAS IT IT STRONGLY BENEFITS SCUM.
He hit scum 50% of the time too. He just shot you on day 3 and you were kinda scummy...
disagree.

you were posturing in your qt about how scummy I was, blah blah, but Josh voted me and you and chaoslord were rather spineless about it. and Josh wasn't convincing either.

I don't think any of the scum really played a part in my death.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:04 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1650, T S O wrote:
In post 1645, reinoe wrote:
In post 1644, T S O wrote:If I seem bitter and bitchy, that's because I am. We didn't play terribly this game. Out of 3 lynches, we hit anti-town in one. We should not have the potential to lose if our dayplay is of that level.

People assume Dayvig is a strong town role BUT UNLESS SOMEONE WHO IS GOOD HAS IT IT STRONGLY BENEFITS SCUM.
He hit scum 50% of the time too. He just shot you on day 3 and you were kinda scummy...
disagree.

you were posturing in your qt about how scummy I was, blah blah, but Josh voted me and you and chaoslord were rather spineless about it. and Josh wasn't convincing either.

I don't think any of the scum really played a part in my death.
I had to attack you organically. If we all came out after you it would have been obvious. You're starting to come off as bitter and there's no need for that.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

Post by BBmolla »

Imo, make mafia team Godfather and Doctor. Would have balanced things out.

Although the cop would be basically useless.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:20 am

Post by T S O »

maybe I am, I apologise for that, but it kinda feels that post-game you're explaining this great big masterplan you guys acted out with multiple contingency plans and I don't really buy it. p sure Wake would have voted Josh as well, for example. I mean, this big "attack" that you're talking about never happened! Forget "organically". You just didn't attack me. Did chaoslord even post in the last day, for example?

I'm not trying to damn your play - I've said I wouldn't have got chaos and maybe not got you either. However, it seems like you're trying to make out that you guys knew everything and we never had a chance. That's untrue.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Titus »

Two mislynches was ridiculous IMO. The scum was way overpowered. There's no way we should have been in lylo on Day 3 after lynching correctly Day 2. The setup punished optimal play.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Wake1 »

This game shows why, if you're in a game where it's maybe 2 OR 3 Scum in a team, ALWAYS assume there's 3.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 1654, Titus wrote:Two mislynches was ridiculous IMO. The scum was way overpowered. There's no way we should have been in lylo on Day 3 after lynching correctly Day 2. The setup punished optimal play.
thank you.
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Welcome to mini normals with SK's. Besides you technically had 3 mislynches as TSO was one...
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1657, Slandaar wrote:Welcome to mini normals with SK's. Besides you technically had 3 mislynches as TSO was one...
It should have been two scum (BP/Godfather). TSO was not a mislynch. That was an errant dayvig shot. The other shot was accurate but for your total immunity Slandaar, we would not have needed to lynch you day 2.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by T S O »

dayvigs are not mislynches. dayvigs are one player going alone.

but if you want to run along that line, fine. we mislynched 3 times and hit you twice. 2/3? And we lost?

If you want to assume you only count once, then 1/3 is still not a ratio which should LyLo you.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by T S O »

this set-up was really swingy towards scum. it couldn't really swing towards town. and I advise no-one to ever play it as a Mini again. ever.
-Marquis
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Wake1 »

It was frustrating.

*Am grateful for Phok modding this game.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by T S O »

Agreed. I don't really blame Phok - I thought his original set-up was balanced fairly, and his modding was great.

Bloody reviewers, though...
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Slandaar »

It's 1/4 and scum want me dead too so I am much easier to lynch...

It swings towards town when I shoot scum Reinoe instead of Titus or if the dayvig shoots scum... or both.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by T S O »

even you'll admit we shouldn't be relying on you helping us to have a chance.

what if a lurker gets the dayvig? what if a newb gets it?
what if Boonskiies gets it?
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Slandaar »

The setup is balanced by the SK needing to kill scum and town, that's how it works. Town rely on SK to shoot scum, scum rely on SK to shoot town and town to lynch SK. Basically anyways...

You just don't like SK setups not just this particular one.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by T S O »

...I don't like SK set-ups?

I'd love to draw SK and think it adds a welcome variant to games. Where are you getting that assumption from?
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Slandaar »

By reading between the lines. This isn't some out of the ordinary way SK games go.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by T S O »

well, you're not great at reading between the lines, judging by your attempt there.
-Marquis
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Slandaar »

I see.

You should probably complain less about having 2 mislynches and having to rely on the SK then.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I didn't want to get killed in the first night, which is why I didn't fess up right away. And then Slandaar got lynched super easily. I pegged Chaoslord down as scum, as my vote showed.

My 2nd shot was a bust though. I completely risked it for the biscuit. I realized Josh B was scum after that, and I should have shot him. I just got scared in case he actually was a doctor.

Reinoe, you had me fooled completely....
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

But I actually did really enjoy this setup; I just made a horrible second choice.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by reinoe »

It looks like to varying degrees that one of our team was escaping notice.

Sorry for fooling you Titus. We really do both use moonlogic weirdness, we just happened to be on opposite teams.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by T S O »

I agree with #1672.

It should be said that for my griping, Town were never going to win this and didn't deserve to. it wasn't domination, but it was definitely more than enough.

Slandaar, you seem in a stupidly obtuse mood and you are the -only- one who has the opinion the game was balanced. That's because you were the SK and couldn't see it. End.
-Marquis
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Serves me right for falling into the pit of setup speculation. Before boon fired the second shot I wanted Reinoe, with Chaos as my backup. I don't think I would have caught JB though. I had pretty much cemented the idea in my mind of having a doc in this setup. Should have stuck to my guns I guess.

Losing TSO was a bad hit, him and boon were the only players I thought of as Obvious town.

Congrats to scum for pulling it off.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”