Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by implosion »

Guess my middle name. It's [REDACTED] letters long. Whoever gets the most letters right wins my vote.

I'll vote for whoever answers the following question more adequately/well:

Both of you: prove, in under 50 words, that there is no conspiracy of every single other person on the planet against you.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by implosion »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
implosion wrote:I was the amnesiac, took strongman.

Trying to think of some stupid way to decide who to vote for.

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Chevre wrote:
jmj3000: convince me to vote for you instead of Drench.
Besides that one time I tried to betray you and throw the challenge, and voting you out, what have I done to you? I did what any competent player would do and took out someone stronger than them. By doing that and leaving me, Drench, and implosion, I could focus on this moment.

JDGA wrote:
Why were there two Strongmen?

What did you do that makes you deserve victory more than your opponent?

What did your opponent do that makes them deserve victory more than you?

Why don't you post a story of every play you made during the entire game?

Am I being too demanding?
1) Amnesiac implosion decided to take your role.
2) Stuck with my alliance until the bitter end, doing everything I could to get us further along, adding to my group of allies at merge time.
3) Put simply: be a puppet, let others pull the strings, skate by, strategic choice of partners.
4) Not really, no.
implosion wrote:
Guess my middle name. It's [REDACTED] letters long. Whoever gets the most letters right wins my vote.

Both of you: prove, in under 50 words, that there is no conspiracy of every single other person on the planet against you.
First, give me your first name and I can probably get your middle name.

Second, why would there be a conspiracy against me? I have done nothing to anger no one with power, have not tried to buck the system, have not tried to usurp anyone, and followed the rules as much as I could.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Chevre »

Drench: besides me, who else where you aligned with? And if you and all your allies would have made it to the end, what would have been your personal pecking order?
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

jmj3000 wrote:Second, why would there be a conspiracy against me? I have done nothing to anger no one with power, have not tried to buck the system, have not tried to usurp anyone, and followed the rules as much as I could.
This is why jmj should die(I mean lose).... because complacency is worse than evil, and his every action SCREAMS complacency...

@Drench my actions that betrayed my tribe were to get rid of my role, that's the only reason I was focused on, and being focused on was the only reason I resorted to playing people against each other(actually mostly making people paranoid, actual schemes are far too easy to counter)
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by Drench »

I will be posting an opening statement before answering any questions posed to me. Hopefully I'll be able to do that after I have a shower.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by Drench »

la résolution

Okay, let's start at the beginning. I clicked on the thread hoping that it hadn't started, finally realizing that this was actually a game of Survivor. Luckily, mask man had already crashed out, so I simply took his spot. I was awarded the Spy role, which I immediately decided wouldn't be used until at least merge, something that turned out to be correct.

Play by play time! Please note: my memory is vague and is being refreshed by my PM backlog, so there may be holes.

Episode One

Yeah, not much happened here. I immediately sent a PM to Reck (our past collaboration in Chevre's survivor being the primary reason), and he and I (and by extension his other allies) became one. I suggested that Chevre become involved: that didn't eventuate (although I did partner with Chevre later on).

Episode Five

I had asked for alliances from Chevre and Reck, and both had said yes. I was feeling confident at this stage. Of course, this was the first time we had lost a challenge, so I was a tad nervous, but I wasn't in danger, so I wasn't that worried.

And then dram went.

This wasn't that great a thing, I can assure of that. From my memory, this event galvanized many things. I think it was here that I learned that jmj was also involved in Reck's circle (the total circle was I believe me/Reck/dram/jmj, with sideline allies held by people such as me/Chevre). We also got more careful, I think.

Episode Whichever-One-The-Auction-Was-In

I earned a lot here. It was lucky that I was randomly selected to play by myself: I gained quite a lot. For full disclosure: an idol, a vote reducer, a chance to swap to disguiser (that I didn't take), a vote against me next TC, and a vote disabler against me next TC.

Kcdaspot's Elimination and the Merge

At this stage, I (and everyone else, too) really wanted chesskid dead. I was also feeling animosity towards BB, but hey, I couldn't do much about that. Unfortunately, we couldn't do that. We chose to remove Kcd instead, partly because everyone else I had connections with one way or another. By this stage, I think I had conversed with Zyrconium somewhat, and of course, jmj and Reck and Chevre were all allied with me. The merge happened straight after, which was slightly surprising, but even more surprisingly, it led to Blackberry attaching himself to the Reck group. I didn't like this, mostly because of BB's actions towards the endgame of Chevre's survivor.

Episode Seven

Blackberry said that he had werewolf on his side too. Through Blackberry, I also got a link to the Dragons' regroup QT (which didn't prove all that helpful, to be perfectly honest). I raised with Reck around this time the idea that BB couldn't stay forever. To be perfectly honest, I was more than happy to vote BB many episodes before he actually was voted out. We decided (and with BB/werewolf's help) that we would eliminate the Beloved Princess (we knew most of the roles at this point, so we were able to concentrate strategy). Immediately after, we voted the perceived 'leader', JDGA.

Episode Eight

This was the episode in which I had to play the idol. It was a good call, in hindsight, and I don't seem to have needed it later on (as I'm here now). However, I did activate my Spy power for this voting round. This was where the information that Zyrc had betrayed the tribe had come from in concrete form (although PMs had been circulating about voting me with him in the recipient list). So yeah.

Episode My-God-Where-Are-We

Let's fast forward a bit. Werewolf defected, we voted him off. Zyrconium was punished for his betrayal. JDGA was ousted again. It was around Episode Nine that I first wanted to vote BB, but each round Reck held me back. So Episode Twelve was when I finally was able to vote him out. I was still very paranoid about the chance for BB to stab us like he did in Chevre's game, which was the main motivation. So this was a relief for me. Of course, BB's Witch power was going to screw me over regardless, but by that stage, having talked to
everyone
still in, and having Reck's tiebreak power on my side, I was confident.

Episode Hey-Witch-Hey

This was a foregone conclusion. We wouldn't have had won, anyway. As I mentioned during the immunity challenge, the plan was for jmj to throw and then try and win the tiebreak challenge (I said Reck would tiebreak then, but I've remembered that he was cursed, so). It didn't happen, and Reck went. To be honest, I was glad of that, because it meant I didn't have to get my hands dirty removing the greatest threat to me at jury. So yeah.

Episode The-Rest

And then we were here. I was considering taking implosion more, just because I think I would have an assured win next to him. I probably would, to be honest. But I decided last night that I wanted to actually fight to
win
, instead of just automatically not losing. It was with that in mind that I selected jmj. I want to take the opportunity to apologize to implosion on behalf of my conscience, who'd be in jmj's spot had it not struck.

I think I deserve this win. I will be completely upfront about that. I think that I've done more to secure my place here, and I think I've done more than jmj. No offence to him, but from my point of view, that's what I think. It's not my wish to sound arrogant, please understand. But I think that I deserve this win. Of course, the final decision rests with you, the jury. However you vote and however you decide that vote is not for me to impose or influence. But, if I were voting on strategic play, and if I were voting for skill, then I think I would vote for myself.

That's all I have to say. I wish the jury goodluck in their deliberations. I wish jmj good luck in the final vote. I thank every competitor for making this game immensely glorious to experience. And I thank everyone who submits a vote for me. Thank you.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Drench »

JDGA wrote:
Why were there two Strongmen?

What did you do that makes you deserve victory more than your opponent?

What did your opponent do that makes them deserve victory more than you?

Why don't you post a story of every play you made during the entire game?

Am I being too demanding?
As I outlined, I believe I've done more strategic work to keep myself safe. I will note that much of jmj's torchwalk explained how circumstance, rather than his own movements, saved him multiple times. I did not rely on circumstance or coincidence. I think that alone is justification enough. In addition, I performed better in immunity challenges, which could also be added to the pile if you desired.

I don't mean to go against the intent of your question, but I don't think there really is any action that outshines. I asked imp the same question, and his response was entirely based on the fact that himself had been too inactive, and thus didn't deserve it. I think that is an indication in of itself.

I wish I could remember every play I made. I do remember that one TC I raised imp and BB as candidates to vote with Chevre, then went to imp and told him his name was up so he had to vote BB, then back to Chevre (I think) to say that there were already too many votes flying towards BB to do anything different. In any case, I've tried to summarize bits of my thoughts throughout the game in the above post.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Drench »

implosion wrote:

I use several personalities depending on the moment and what is required in it: as these separate personalities are people in themselves, I thus have control of more than one person besides myself, and thus know for a fact that there is no conspiracy against just me. QED.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Drench »

Chevre wrote:
Drench: besides me, who else where you aligned with? And if you and all your allies would have made it to the end, what would have been your personal pecking order?
I was allied with Reckoner, Blackberry, dramonic, jmj3000, implosion (vaguely) and Zyrconium (vaguely). I was also voting with the entire tribe during the early parts of the merge. I was also allied with werewolf for a very short period of time. If everyone of those people, you and myself made it to the Final 8 (this excludes the 'rest of the tribe'), I would want Zyrconium gone next. werewolf would be after, and after that would be Blackberry. dramonic would be next to go, in order to separate the obvious bloc in Reckamonic. You would be next. At this stage, the same Final 3 would result as had resulted in the game. Thus, I would bring jmj to the final, assuming that implosion's activity levels were the same.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Drench »

Zyrconium wrote:
jmj3000 wrote:Second, why would there be a conspiracy against me? I have done nothing to anger no one with power, have not tried to buck the system, have not tried to usurp anyone, and followed the rules as much as I could.
This is why jmj should die(I mean lose).... because complacency is worse than evil, and his every action SCREAMS complacency...

@Drench my actions that betrayed my tribe were to get rid of my role, that's the only reason I was focused on, and being focused on was the only reason I resorted to playing people against each other(actually mostly making people paranoid, actual schemes are far too easy to counter)
To be honest, I don't see why you'd want to get rid of your role. It seems quite powerful, especially in the endgame where votes can be decided by just one swing voter. Personally, I consider it a mistake to concentrate on that as your primary motivation, but to each his own. I can't judge.
join your union
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Drench wrote:
implosion wrote:

I use several personalities depending on the moment and what is required in it: as these separate personalities are people in themselves, I thus have control of more than one person besides myself, and thus know for a fact that there is no conspiracy against just me. QED.

Is it bad that I knew exactly what your answer would be, down to the "qed"?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 am

Post by JDGA »

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta
That's my jury vote right there, people.
*bricked*

In other news, inb4 loldrama happens
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 am

The jury needs to vote for me to win. :3 I was clearly the best player, when I helped Drench win that immunity challenge.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Xalxe »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:The jury needs to vote for me to win. :3 I was clearly the best player, when I helped Drench win that immunity challenge.
That's it missy, I'm taking you back to America. *drags LLD away*
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:42 am

Post by JDGA »

Too late, she's already win the hearts and votes of the jury.
You'll have to drag her back so that we can award her the $1 000 000, I'm afraid.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:46 am

JDGA wrote:Too late, she's already win the hearts and votes of the jury.
You'll have to drag her back so that we can award her the
$1 000 000, I'm afraid.
0$ and title of sole survivor.

FTFY

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:53 am

Post by JDGA »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
JDGA wrote:Too late, she's already win the hearts and votes of the jury.
You'll have to drag her back so that we can award her the
$1 000 000, I'm afraid.
0$ and title of sole survivor.

FTFY
That works as well, I suppose. Sort of helps that I don't have to
find
locate
steal
IL
LEGALLY OBTAIN $1 000 000 anymore, too.
Although it doesn't really seem like enough. Should we throw in the hand of marriage of any jury member or something? I don't know. *shot*
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

No, she can get it at the live finale where we have front-row seats. I'm just getting her off this damn island.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Drench: What was your ultimate plan with me? Did you think you could beat me in F2?
@jmj3000: Other than doing what I asked of you, what do you think was your most strategic play the whole game?

I'm quite thrilled my two strongest allies are in the final two. Good job guys.
green shirt thursdays
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Do you think I was a threat to win the game if I made it to the finals?

If no, then why vote me out?

Reck, what was Drench's "Most strategic play"? O_o
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Drench »

xRECKONERx wrote:
@Drench: What was your ultimate plan with me? Did you think you could beat me in F2?
@jmj3000: Other than doing what I asked of you, what do you think was your most strategic play the whole game?

I'm quite thrilled my two strongest allies are in the final two. Good job guys.
I was planning to dispose of you, in the end. I think there's a real perception that you were the head honcho, and so taking you to F2 would've resulted in a TDIesque scenario, imo, where the leader absolutely crushed the underling in the jury vote. So, yeah, I don't think I could have beaten you, and I was going to get rid of you eventually. I guess it was lucky that the whole BB thing happened when and how it did.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Drench »

Blackberry wrote:
Do you think I was a threat to win the game if I made it to the finals?

If no, then why vote me out?

Reck, what was Drench's "Most strategic play"? O_o
I think you
could
have been, depending on what kind of jury this jury was. It wasn't an influence on me wanting you gone, though: I was very worried that you'd do what you did last time and so wanted you gone.
join your union
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Hmmm, jmj, your reason?
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

am I a jury member?
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE

Return to “Social Game Archive”