Mini 1550 - Mean Girls Mafia: The Burn Blog -- Game Over!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm just glad this game is no longer sitting here stagnating. Could be over.
green shirt thursdays
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Marquis »

I didn't like that hammer but I can't complain I guess

errrrrr

on Cabd

pedit no nvm on Reck
link in bio
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

wqhat
green shirt thursdays
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Cabd »

I guess I'll go see if the mod is on sitechat to get things closed/wrapped up/moved along?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

so like there's no point in tracking tonight if PI was town because scum probably didn't kill or go anywhere last night right?

also marquis will just JK me so it's kinda uselesssss
green shirt thursdays
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by Aegor »

Votecount 4.FINAL

[1]
Candillan:

:right: [4]
PrivateI:
, , , -- LYNCH

[1]
Not Voting:

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 4 deadline: Deadline is in (expired on 2014-03-20 14:30:43).

Mod Notes

None

Voting History

Spoiler:
Candillan:
, ,
Egg:
Cabd:

Marquis:

PrivateI:

xRECKONERx:

Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by Aegor »

The North Shore cafeteria was a warzone. As the tendrils of the Burn Blog twisted into every gap in the social structure, chaos dismantled whatever precarious order may have still existed after all that North Shore had been through. Students had been suspended. Teachers had been reprimanded. Food had been flung, and insults had been hurled. And yet, there seemed to be a brief lull. Perhaps after the ferocity of the deliberations and the truculence of some of the school's more obnoxious students, everyone was exhausted. Just when it seemed like a forced quiet would return to the cafeteria, the community rallied and decided to ostracize yet another of its members. PrivateI was the target this time, and was kicked out of the cafeteria with little fanfare but with great conviction.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Aegor »

Gretchen Wieners
, the Mafia Godfather Bomb

has been kicked out of the cafeteria Day 4

TOWN WINS!

Peace and order are restored to North Shore. The era of the Burn Blog is over. After all of the drama of the Burn Book and the even worse Burn Blog, the students and teachers can finally rest in relative social peace. For now...
Last edited by Aegor on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by Aegor »

ROLE PMS

Spoiler: Bicephalous Bob

Oh my God -- Danny DeVito! Nope, you’re
Damian
, the Mafia Neighbor Vote Remover/Adder
. Some bitches may say you’re too gay to function and throw shoes at you during your amazing “Beautiful” performance, but you know you’re fabulous. And you are not going to take it anymore. After years of being North Shore’s butt monkey (your Social Committee membership notwithstanding), you are out for the blood of those that have wronged you. You have teamed up with
Gretchen Wieners (PrivateI)
and
Bethany Byrd (Smudger)
to start the
Burn Blog
, which provides a perfect means for revenge and for your rise to prominence among the student body. Naturally, all your effort would be a waste if you three were all rooted out, so make sure that does not happen. You win the high school popularity game when you and your fellow Burn Blog operators constitute half of the players still able to show their faces in the cafeteria.

“It’s social suicide!”
The Burn Blog operators get to burn one student every night, thereby destroying their reputation and removing them from the game. One of you will have to be the author of the burn entry. If no author is provided by the end of the night, no one will be burned. Kill flavor is “burned.” Kills will appear on the Burn Blog (without game-related info, and of course feel free to write your own entries).

Phones:
The Burn Blog operators can discuss anything they want
here
. Unfortunately, North Shore has a strict cell phone policy, so you can only use your phones at night.

“The greatest people you will ever meet.”
You and
Janis Ian (neil1113)
are inseparable. Plus, you share everything with each other. You can meet up anytime and talk
here

“You go Glen Coco/ None for Gretchen Wieners.”
Your social committee contacts do come in handy. On nights before odd-numbered days (not including the first), you may PM me the name of someone you wish to give an additional vote the next day. On nights before even-numbered days, you may choose to remove someone’s vote instead. You may not target yourself. These decisions, though not your involvement, will be made public when the day begins. Your influence operates best when there are a lot of players, however: this ability is unable to be used once there are
fewer than eight
living players at the beginning of the day (thus this night actions may fail).

The Cafeteria:
You get a vote during the day.

Spoiler: Smudger/Rubicon

You are
Bethany Byrd
, the Mafia Ninja 3-shot Roleblocker
. While it may have been awesome when you got punched in the face a while back, the novelty has worn off, and you are tired of being ignored and confined to the sidelines. Now that your sexual history and wide-set vagina have made it into the Burn Book, you are out for blood that your heavy flow just cannot provide. To that end, you have joined forces with
Gretchen Wieners (PrivateI)
and
Damian (Bicephalous Bob)
to start the
Burn Blog
, which provides a perfect outlet for you to take revenge on the other students and a way for you to climb to the top of the social ladder. You win the high school popularity game when you and your fellow Burn Blog operators constitute half of the players still able to show their faces in the cafeteria.

“Somebody wrote in that book...”
The Burn Blog operators get to burn one student every night, thereby destroying their reputation and removing them from the game. One of you will have to be the author of the burn entry. If no author is provided by the end of the night, no one will be burned. Kill flavor is “burned.” You may not kill and roleblock on the same night. Kills will appear on the Burn Blog (without game-related info, and of course feel free to write your own entries).

“Army pants and flip flops.”
Your wardrobe has certain advantages, like the ability to go to other houses unnoticed (your social isolation helps with that, too). If you kill, you will not be able to be seen. Your Roleblock attempts will be able to be tracked.

Looking in from the outside:
You are tired of being ignored, and finally have the ability to make other people feel the same way. At night, you may choose to make another player unable to use any night actions. You may use this ability
thrice
per game. You may not kill and roleblock on the same night.

Phones:
here
. Unfortunately, North Shore has a strict cell phone policy, so you can only use your phones at night. Please see the QT for info on submitting Night Actions and the like.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: PrivateI

That is SO fetch! You are
Gretchen Wieners
, the Mafia Godfather Bomb
, and although you are now serving a new Queen Bee, your love of gossip and your desire for revenge have not abated. So now you are taking action on your own initiative, albeit with some unusual partners (whatever it takes, I guess). When you are not busy picking up slang from England or making out with Jason in a bathroom, you are working with
Damian (Bicephalous Bob)
and
Bethany Byrd (Smudger)
on a new project: the
Burn Blog
. This website is the perfect way for you three to make sure the grotsky little beyotches and fat whores get what they deserve, plus it boosts your own popularity as your rivals and the total losers fall from grace. Of course, if word got out about your activities, your status would plummet even lower than (*shudder*) the art freaks. So make sure that doesn’t happen. You win the high school popularity game when you and your Burn Blog operators constitute at least half of the players still able to show themselves in the cafeteria.

“That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets.”
The Burn Blog operators get to burn one student every night, thereby destroying their reputation and removing them from the game. One of you will have to be the author of the burn entry. If no author is provided by the end of the night, no one will be burned. Kill flavor is “burned.” Kills will appear on the Burn Blog (without game-related info, and of course feel free to write your own entries).

Phones:
here
. Unfortunately, North Shore has a strict cell phone policy, so you can only use your phones at night.

“We should totally JUST STAB CAESAR!”
Gretchen Wieners can crack. Hard. If a player kills you overnight, you will take them down with you. Kill flavor is “stabbed like Caesar.”

“I can't help it that I’m so popular.”
You are popular, so no one would suspect you of operating the Burn Blog. You investigate as “not a Burn Blog operator.”

The Cafeteria:
You get a vote.

Spoiler: hiplop

You are
Amber D’Alessio
, the Vanilla Townie
, and you are pissed off. It may have been only one time, but those bitches who wrote the Burn Book have made sure no one will ever forget your make-out session with the hot dog. And with the new
Burn Blog
, things may just get worse. So you have to stop that from happening. You and the other students and faculty of North Shore High are trying desperately to track down the authors of the awful Burn Blog. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: Katarina LeBlanc

You are the
Crying Girl
, the 1-Shot Governor
. You just wish everyone could all get along like they used to in middle school, but with the emergence of the new
Burn Blog
, that does not seem likely. Even though you don’t even go here, there is no way that you are going to let the awful gossip continue on campus. You and the other students and faculty of North Shore High are trying desperately to track down the authors of the awful Burn Blog. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy…”
It is hard for everyone to be happy, but you are exceptionally good at helping them, or so you think. At night, you may PM me the name of a player (not yourself) whom you want to make unlynchable the next day. If that player is lynched, the lynch will fail and night will begin instead. I will not announce your target or your involvement. While you do a pretty good job of bringing the world closer to your rainbow-laden dreamscape, it does require a lot of energy: you may use this ability
once
per game.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: Marquis

You know that the students have a lot of urges. After all, you are
Coach Carr
, the 3-Shot Jailkeep
. You just don’t want them to get pregnant and die. But recently your attention on campus has been focused on the gossip on campus, first in the Burn Book, and now, after you have been inexplicably permitted to return to North Shore, on the newly-started
Burn Blog
. Probably because it could expose more of your less-than-savory activities with some of your students (at least you always wear a rubber). You and the other students and faculty of North Shore High are trying desperately to track down the authors of the awful Burn Blog. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“...made out with Coach Carr!”
You like the students. Maybe too much, but you have urges too. Maybe that’s why you have k-l-a-mydia. At any rate, you do appreciate a nice makeout in the projector room. After school is over, you can choose one other player to be your makeout buddy for the evening. This person is immune to any night action, but because they will be very busy, they cannot perform any night actions themselves. PM me the name of this player during the night. You do not want to attract too much attention, however, so you can only sex
three
players over the course of the game.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: Lord Mhork

You are none other than the former Queen Bee of the Plastics, the selfish, back-stabbing, slut-faced ho-bag
Regina George
, the Loved Townie
. When you are not busy driving to the shopping mall in your Silver Lexus or receiving compliments by John Stamos on airplanes, you are channeling your energy into some rather illegal Lacrosse plays. You still have your popularity, but your Burn Book days are behind you. It seemed everything was going well, but then the
Burn Blog
surfaced. Someone else has started calling out the grotsky little beyotches and fat whores. You like invented that, you know what I mean? Plus, since you are not running the Burn Blog, whoever is publishing it would have no problem ruining you forever. Well, it’s not going to happen! You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“Regina George is flawless.”
Indeed you are. As a result of your massive popularity, you require one more vote to be kicked out of the cafeteria (lynched) than is normally required. Your popularity, however, is founded on widespread affection among the North Shore community. When the number of players is whittled down to six or fewer, the normal number of required votes will send you on your way.

The Cafeteria:
You get a vote.

Spoiler: xRECKONERx

You know who’s looking fine tonight? You are, obviously, because you are
Karen Smith
, the 3-Shot last-night tracker
. You always want to do something fun tonight, like go to Taco Bell. When you are not busy hitting on your cousin or rocking a mouse costume, you are delivering your awesome weather reports. Moreover, your days as a Plastic are over, and you have no desire to return to that demanding lifestyle. “Boo, you whore!” some may claim, but you do not care that you are a party-pooper: being mean was just so much work, and you’re really stupid anyway. So news about a new
Burn Blog
, reminiscent of the Plastics’ Burn Book, has made you so mad you could stick your entire fist in your mouth. The writers of the blog must be stopped. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“It’s like I have ESPN or something!”
Your uncanny ability to tell when it’s already raining comes in handy.
Thrice
during the game, you may track another player to see where he/she went during the night. But since your powers only let you know what has already happened, you will receive info for the previous night, not the current one. PM me the name of the player you wish to track.

The Cafeteria:
[/quote]

Spoiler: Hanzo_5/Cabd

Grool! You are
Cady Heron
, the 1-shot Commuter Miller
, and the newest addition to your high school’s social scene. You used to split your time between Damian&Janis and the Plastics, but since the Plastics disbanded and you took sole responsibility for the Burn Book, your social life has been very-low key. But high school remains much more like a jungle than you expected, and you are now fed up with the rumors, gossip, and especially the burns. The creation of the nasty
Burn Blog
has really pissed you off, especially since you thought all that drama was over when the Burn Book fiasco was over. If your last year at North Shore is going to be anything close to normal, the writers of the Burn Blog must be stopped. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“I had to pretend to be plastic.”
Sometimes pretending can come back to bite you. After your confession about the Burn Book, many students and teachers are understandably still suspicious of you, and you have not shaken your reputation given all the evidence against you regarding the Burn Book. If someone investigates you, they will receive the result “is an author of the Burn Blog.”

“I have to pee.”
You know how to disappear when you have to, if only to avoid sleazy guys at out-of-control parties. So
once
per game at night, you may PM me to remove yourself from notice entirely. All attempts to target you in any way will fail.

The Cafeteria:
[/quote]

Spoiler: Egg

Yo, yo, yo, all them sucka MCs ain’t go nothin’ on you,
Kevin G(napoor)
, the 1-Shot Bulletproof 1-Shot Watcher
. Perhaps it is your rap skill, or maybe your math ability, but you feel like the James Bond of North Shore High. There is a small problem, however: gossip is picking up with the new
Burn Blog
, and your status is already precarious given your Mathlete involvement and the devastation of the Burn Book. You and the other students and faculty of North Shore High are trying desperately to track down the authors of the awful Burn Blog. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“The G's silent when I sneak through your door.”
You have found other uses for your stealth than sexing women on the bathroom floor. For instance, seeing who comes in and out of the houses. At night, you may PM me the name of one player whose house you want to watch. I will tell you who visited that player’s house during the night. You do not want to take too many risks, though, so you can only sneak into houses
once
during the game.

“You can’t touch Kevin G!”
Them hataz can try to bring you down, but you know the truth. They can’t touch you. The
first
time someone tries to burn you overnight, they will fail. You are way too cool for that. But they will weaken your rep, so subsequent attempts will be successful. Talk about hurt feelings.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: Candillan

You thought your summer was bad when your carpal tunnel came back, but nothing prepared you,
Mr. Duvall
, the 1-Shot Dayvig
, for this horrid school year. Never in your 14 years as an educator have you seen such behavior, what with all the harmful gossip and catty fighting popping up all over the place. The Burn Book was bad enough, but news of this new
Burn Blog
has made you almost as mad as you get when I think about the fact that your sister named her son Anfernee. Wanting to preserve order at North Shore High, you and the other students and faculty of North Shore High are trying desperately to track down the authors of the awful Burn Blog. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“I did not leave the South Side for this!”
Enough is enough. When you feel like things have gotten totally out of hand, you can grab your trusty baseball bat and restore order by expelling a student on the spot, at any point during the day in the game. To do so, post
Expel: [Name]
in-thread. You cannot just go around expelling students willy-nilly, however, so use your authority wisely: you can only use this ability
once
per game.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: neil1113

You may not be a regulation hottie, but you are
Janis Ian
, the 1-Shot Vigilante Neighbor
, so you know you are awesome anyway. And at least you know you’re mean. You are sick and tired of dirty little liars, scum-sucking road whores, mean girls, and bitches who pretend they’re so innocent. That is why the unknown authors of the new
Burn Blog
make you so mad. That kind of asshole behavior cannot be tolerated at North Shore. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“The greatest people you will ever meet.”
You and
Damian (Bicephalous Bob)
are inseparable. Plus, you share everything with each other. You can meet up anytime and talk
here

“AY-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI!”
At some point, you just cannot take the cold, hard, shiny plastic fakeness anymore. So at night, you may send me a PM with the name of another player. You will call them out on their hypocritical bullshit, exposing their true personality and making them feel so guilty and unpopular that they can never show their face again. Kill flavor will be “called out on his/her bullshit.” It would take a lot to get you to that point, though, so unleash your rage carefully: you only get to do so
once
per game.

The Cafeteria:

Spoiler: vezokpiraka

Don’t worry about your divorce. You are back in the game,
Ms. Norbury
, the 2-Shot Cop
, and you are hotter than ever. But the recent pall of gossip in the school has really bothered you. Those girls have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it OK for guys to call them sluts and whores. You thought that all that drama was over when the Burn Book debacle ended, but the appearance of a new
Burn Blog
has made you doubt the integrity of the North Shore students and teachers. You know they’re better than that, so you are trying desperately to track down the authors of the awful Burn Blog. You win the high school popularity game when all the mean bitches (scum) have been ostracized from the cafeteria and there is at least one nice person (town) still able to show his or her face.

“Who here has ever been called a slut?”
For a teacher, you are remarkably perceptive. And by these point, you have gotten pretty good at telling which students are calling others nasty names. So after school has let out, you can do a little bit of your own research on a particular player. PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate. You will receive the result “XXXX is an author of the Burn Blog” or “XXXX is not an author of the Burn Blog.” You may also receive the result “Research failed;” after all, some students are totally off the grid or your investigation can be unsuccessful for other reasons. You do have a life, though, so you can perform only two investigations during the game.

The Cafeteria:
You get a vote during the day
[/quote]
Last edited by Aegor on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Aegor »

Night Actions

Night 1

Marquis jailkeeps Smudger
Smudger/Rubicon roleblocks vezokpiraka
Egg watches vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka investigates neil1113
Hanzo_5/Cabd commutes
Bicephalous Bob removes Marquis' vote

Bicephalous Bob kills Katarina LeBlanc

<<<<<<<Mod note: resolution basically described in-thread. Roleblocks resolve simultaneously and neither can take precedence, so they both succeed. If Smudger/Rubicon had any subsequent actions that night, they would have been blocked.>>>>>>>

Night 2

Marquis jailkeeps Candillan
xRECKONERx retrotracks PrivateI
vezokpiraka investigates Bicephalous Bob
neil1113 kills Bicephalous Bob

Bicephalous Bob kills vezokpiraka

Night 3

Marquis jailkeeps PrivateI
xRECKONERx retrotracks Candillan

PrivateI kills Marquis
M A S Q U E R A D E
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by Aegor »

Mod Notes

Well, this game was interesting. The setup was clearly role madness and super-swingy. The roles were designed independent of alignment and then alignments were assigned, with tweaks (e.g. passive modifiers) to the setup following in order to balance the setup. At no point did I or the reviewers design roles to be explicit or intentional counters to other roles, so the discussion of this was misguided (if inadvertently productive for town). The original setup I designed had less town power (e.g. fewer shots, i.a.) and I thought it was relatively balanced then, but all my reviewers thought that it was too scum-sided, and I ultimately agreed and changed the setup. The final form of the setup was the product of this review process. I think the version used was imbalanced in favor of town, but not as much as it may seem. The Dayvig was obviously negative utility, and Marquis jailkept 2 of 3 scum. Furthermore, the partial massclaim on Day 1 and scum night actions permitted Smudger/Rubicon to be nabbed. Marquis deserves especial credit for jailkeeping two scum out of three shots. Good reads/decisions on the part of the town PRs took full advantage of the setup. I should not have made the Watcher a 1-shot BP (although this was not relevant in terms of NAs), and the Ninja Mafioso should have had untrackable/unwatchable RBs as well.

The town's performance was very rocky and focused too much on the setup. If I ever run any sort of similar setup (which I will not for some time, if ever), I will be more transparent about the nature and construction of the setup in order to turn the discussion from setup speculation to actual scumhunting. That being said, the town cleared players for no real reason. For example, no one considered the possibility that Egg was scum who attempted to gain towncred by hardcore bussing, which would also explain his continued survival (anticipated by his 1-shot Watcher claim). While the town recognized that Lord Mhork was not necessarily a townie, that same logic should have been applied to other players.

Smudger's/Rubicon's fate was sealed once scum decided to RB vezok (a reasonable choice) instead of Ninja-killing him. Bob's fate was sealed once he fakeclaimed Masons with his neighbor, who promptly and hilariously vigged him the next night. After that, there was little risk in lynching PrivateI, so his death was more likely than any other once he was jailkept.

The personal attacks and insults and really nasty language over a prolonged period was frustrating. Outbursts are fine, but pages and pages of it is just extreme.

Thanks for playing! And thanks for sticking with it and not replacing out/flaking (for the most part).
Last edited by Aegor on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M A S Q U E R A D E
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

It felt really town sided.

While I do think we focused too much on the setup, you have to realise that it was very difficult for us to stomach the amount of town power in this game with the seemingly small amount of mafia power.

I was considering Egg was lying but it just made no sense to do that when he shouldn't have seen the roleblock. As a note, I think it's poor mod practice not to reveal how you, as a mod, handle typical scenarios. Questions like what the full effect of a role is shouldn't be taboo -- I think we should've known that "ninja" only meant kills since that's a very nonstandard way to use ninja, specifically, because that would've cleared up a lot and is a piece of information we probably should have known.

Props to vezok for not being as shitty as he used to be, even though some of his play decisions were questionable. I thought his night choices were very smart. My night actions were targeted at trying to find the last scum from a possible pool... I actually deleted Candillan's name and put Private's in again like ten times, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I'm a little disappointed the Burn Blog mechanic didn't see more usage, as it had cool potential.

Thanks for the game, Aegor!
green shirt thursdays
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Huzzah for awesome reads!
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 1637, Lord Mhork wrote:Huzzah for awesome reads!
You didn't-
Did you really just-
Aghhhhhhhhhhh

That aside, thank you Aegor for being such a diligent and awesome mod! You were really on top of this game from the beginning. It's a shame some of us took the theme a little, erm, literally.
"That makes absolutely zero sense."
It's pronounced "Can Dylan", not "Candy Land".
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Post by Candillan »

(Also, sorry for never posting on the Burn Blog. I almost did a few times, but decided against it for some reason.
"That makes absolutely zero sense."
It's pronounced "Can Dylan", not "Candy Land".
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 1636, xRECKONERx wrote:As a note, I think it's poor mod practice not to reveal how you, as a mod, handle typical scenarios. Questions like what the full effect of a role is shouldn't be taboo -- I think we should've known that "ninja" only meant kills since that's a very nonstandard way to use ninja, specifically, because that would've cleared up a lot and is a piece of information we probably should have known.
It would probably not surprise you at all to learn that the flips were also discussed in setup. My original PMs had no standard role names and the flips were originally going to have the quoted abilities from the PMs or just the role name and alignment. The reviewers rightly pointed out that many players would prefer standard role names, but I should have been more diligent about streamlining them and working them into the flips. I actually would probably just go with my original idea and not have standard role names at all.

Also, apologies to scum who fought an uphill battle. You have my permission not to count this as a loss given the odds. :P
M A S Q U E R A D E
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Thank you reck. I am very glad that you think I'm playing even slightly better than before.
Night 1I targeted neil cause I was already pretty sure smudger was scum. Neil was the only odd one for me.
Night 2 I targeted Bob to clear both masons, but I was killed.
I read scum smudger day 1. I had Pi in the null pile until day 3 when I put him in PoE as scum between him and hanzo.
I read reck as town since the beginning although my read wavered day 3.
I had bob as scum the moment he asked the mod if I lost a shot or not.
My only bad read was hanzo and I really thought he was scummy.
I enjoyed the game and it was fun.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:55 am

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

That was a fun game despite dying immediately.

Marquis and those hot jailkeeps though just s-p-o-t o-n <3

Day 1 was a big gash in everyone's head :<
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Cabd »

I totally carried you all this.... waaaaaaaaait.

Hehe.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Marquis »

Can we see QTs?
link in bio
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Aegor »

Dead QT is here. I will let Mafia/neighbors release their own QTs.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Cabd »

(You left the QT links for mafia and neighborhoods in the role PMs, aegor)
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Aegor »

All gone.
M A S Q U E R A D E
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Marquis »

After reading the Dead QT:

Personally, I feel as if this game was just complicated by having a bunch of people trying to assert singular control over the town's direction. What I mean by that is kind of referring to a post Aegor made in that QT- scenarios where two or more players were making good points, but were too annoyed or too stubborn to listen to the other(s).

The reason I felt Reck was scummy was because he was giving strong opinions and proposing what sounded like nice plans to follow when it came to our lynch options and night actions. It doesn't really make sense in hindsight, but I felt as if all the people I was reading as town- Kat, Mhork, neil, me of course, etc.- who were giving strong opinions were shut down more easily. I felt as if town was fighting itself way too much and Reck was just there only participating when he chose to. Basically, I was paranoid of Reck being scum because there was never any other real opposition to what he was saying, as opposed to when Kat and I were creating together what we thought (and later were!) some pretty accurate reads- and we were placed as a scumteam together for that? Maybe another part of this was that town was accusing anyone brainstorming and working together as scum, while creating more and more town vs. town fights that threw us off course.

I won't deny that while for most of the game I had a townread on Neil for his abrasiveness and genuine-sounding reads, apart from my paranoia I also proposed that he could be a Serial Killer (also noted as a possibility by Aegor in the QT) so that I wouldn't have to deal further with trying to get around his posts (his scumread on me, fighting with Mhork, etc.- it just bothered me and I felt it wasn't helping regardless of his alignment).

So, yeah, um, basically this game would have been a lot simpler if more of the town players could have learned to accept other viewpoints and not attack each other on a personal basis. That includes me, because while I had acknowledged that neil was anything but Mafia and Mhork couldn't be scum according to the flipped roles, I had Candi shoot neil on the pretense that "he could be a Serial Killer" and I just stopped defending Mhork as his posts got more insulting and less helpful.
link in bio
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

As I said in the qt, my reads were spot on and abrasiveness isn't a scum tell. My lynch was godawful and y'all should feel bad for pursuing it.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”