Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Blowing our neighbourhood for no reason was also a misplay.
#greenshirtthursdays
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 am

Post by BROseidon »

Eh, probably. I really wanted to get pressure off you, though.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 am

Post by BROseidon »

Like, the early scum reads on you made 0 fucking sense, but it looked like the sort of derp town would let go to a lynch.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

That was my worst scum game ever. :) glad my team pulled it out, I thought it was going to be a quick town win. Fun read, and I loved my role; pretty creative. Thanks, brothers!
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:59 am

Post by Who »

That was surprising, somewhere around day 2-3 I thought that a win was impossible.

Mollie, I'd say I was a much better lynch than Ald. That said, I was fairly sure that you wouldn't think that, and thus I shot Phok. I was afraid of Ald having BP and thus didn't shoot him, and I was fairly sure that mollie would be more likely to lynch someone else and easier to lead a lynch on. Had I still been a godfather, I would probably have GFed and not killed, but that option was no longer available due to being vanillaized.

I really should have made myself something confirmed town, but given how my role PM said "You will appear as the town version of that role" I assumed that there would be alignment or alignment+role cops. Killing Iec was out of the question due to the existence of Matias, also I thought that SOAT's existence would make me lose but then mollie made a good case against him. I went with 1-shot vig mostly because it's a town role and I like pretending to be vig, I do it a lot, I've claimed vig as scum-vig several times and I've also claimed vig as SK in a few marathons. I have been a town vig once, where I was killed before reading my role PM*.
*It was a game where not reading your role PM was not only allowed but rewarded with more power.

As regards my role being OP/broken, I disagree. I got waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too many towniepoints for being a vig, also given the existence of Matias (Who would have seen "GODFATHER") and AD (Who would have seen probscum+would have made anyone in the future see me as "GODFATHER") there were several counters to it. Maybe I'm slightly biased because of the way things turned out though, where scum (including me) played very poorly in the day and got lynched early on.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Who »

Also, it's funny because in the other of Empking's games I played in, WePick. It was sorta similar in terms of townies giving the scumteam too many townpoints based off of roles. There I was a scum-Vig and my partner was a masonizer (The mason was told "XXX adds people to your QT"). Despite the fact that there were 4 vigs in the game, the town said "It can't be Who because 2 scum-kills would be OP" (Nobody doubted my vigness as I had several claimed kills. Of townies, but I could defend the logic) and despite the fact that nowhere was the mason told that my partner was conftown and the weird circumstances involving a masonizer who couldn't access his own QT, they assumed he was conftown as well.

That said, there was a big difference since in that game we both played relatively well, and in this game we all played relatively badly.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 am

Post by Umbrage »

There was potential for this game to be awesome.

Putting three role cops in a game where the roles are random crap like French Miller and Psychic Tracker AND one of the scum is immune to role cops is dumb, end of story. You can argue about whether it's theoretically balanced, whatever. It's still dumb, and town not knowing what the hell was going on despite having so many information roles and confirmed townies is a load of crap.

Mollie, you're shit. You and Garmr. You can either whine and pretend that you're not shit until everyone's had enough of you, or you can try to stop being shit. First step to not being shit is to start reading what people are saying instead of seeing the game through your own private insanity goggles.

The SOAT lynch never should have happened. He was confirmed town. Scum don't claim vig kills for no reason. My one regret is that I didn't push the "SOAT is conftown" enough, instead I bet everything on the Zekrom lynch. Still, that was a huge error.

I'd like to say town was robbed of a victory, but that's not true. That huge advantage town had mid-game was due solely to luck. It was pure dumb luck that we got LGR lynched, all the night actions and misunderstandings of said night actions lined up perfectly. Scum deserved to win just as much as town, the fact that they just lurked their way to victory says more about the setup than it does the players.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Matias »

Mollie, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that lylo was an easy thing to be in. I will say though that you totally fucked up not using more than 5% of the time you were allotted to make a decision.

Who was scummy all game. Its easy to make a bad decision when you dont weigh both options carefully.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1631, Umbrage wrote:There was potential for this game to be awesome.

Putting three role cops in a game where the roles are random crap like French Miller and Psychic Tracker AND one of the scum is immune to role cops is dumb, end of story. You can argue about whether it's theoretically balanced, whatever. It's still dumb, and town not knowing what the hell was going on despite having so many information roles and confirmed townies is a load of crap.

Mollie, you're shit. You and Garmr. You can either whine and pretend that you're not shit until everyone's had enough of you, or you can try to stop being shit. First step to not being shit is to start reading what people are saying instead of seeing the game through your own private insanity goggles.

The SOAT lynch never should have happened. He was confirmed town. Scum don't claim vig kills for no reason. My one regret is that I didn't push the "SOAT is conftown" enough, instead I bet everything on the Zekrom lynch. Still, that was a huge error.

I'd like to say town was robbed of a victory, but that's not true. That huge advantage town had mid-game was due solely to luck. It was pure dumb luck that we got LGR lynched, all the night actions and misunderstandings of said night actions lined up perfectly. Scum deserved to win just as much as town, the fact that they just lurked their way to victory says more about the setup than it does the players.
but the insanity goggles are pretty.

at least you're taking responsibility for the awful zekrom lynch so there is that I guess. how you felt about syndrome is how I felt about zekrom nasty rash was pretty town.

what amuses me is no 1,
not 1 of you
is taking responsibility that if you guys were as good as you say/think you are then we should never have had a lylo to begin with.

in the 60+ games I have played on here I have been in lylo mebbe 4 or 5 times? I really haven't had much practice.
In post 1632, Matias wrote:Mollie, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that lylo was an easy thing to be in. I will say though that you totally fucked up not using more than 5% of the time you were allotted to make a decision.

Who was scummy all game. Its easy to make a bad decision when you dont weigh both options carefully.
believe it or not this lasted longer than all of my other lylos combined.

who is scummy in every game. like every single 1. I had a meta scumread on him cos he seemed involved (that is scum who) but went against it cos I was trying to work from dead players reads and with what I could piece together of the night actions, flips and votes.

anyways I did the best I could! and that is all 1 can hope for and learn from my mistakes.

thanks for the game empking
whew!
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Who »

In post 1633, pirate mollie wrote:what amuses me is no 1, not 1 of you is taking responsibility that if you guys were as good as you say/think you are then we should never have had a lylo to begin with.
This is a good point.

I would say that the turning point in the game, where I went from thinking "I'm screwed, may as well play it out" to "Holy shit, I might be able to win this" was when the case was made against Syndrome. Before that, I thought he'd just replace Matias as the one with the amazing night actions preventing me from winning. Now, who made that case?

Of course, the lynches of Kalimar and Zekrom also could have been avoided, particularly Zekrom, so it wasn't entirely that.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1610, Empking wrote:
In post 1608, Iecerint wrote:Yeah, we targeted Mat that night and got rid of a layer of BP from Umbrage. Who had an active ability that let him choose how he would be rolecopped (so Mat targeting him would block the active).

ActionDan's "modified vig" was actually a vanillaizer that only worked on scum.
No, if he shot town it'd be a Vig. It was only shooting scum that it vanillaised. It was supposed to be a stronger version of the classic Vig that only works on town.
Considering that killing scum is better than vanillaizing them, this is actually a weaker version.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

gj will kill picks, who :]
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

with*
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1635, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1608, Iecerint wrote:Yeah, we targeted Mat that night and got rid of a layer of BP from Umbrage. Who had an active ability that let him choose how he would be rolecopped (so Mat targeting him would block the active).

No, if he shot town it'd be a Vig. It was only shooting scum that it vanillaised. It was supposed to be a stronger version of the classic Vig that only works on town.
Considering that killing scum is better than vanillaizing them, this is actually a weaker version.
Yeah but the classic Vig that only works on town* doesn't kill scum.

(* I may have made a mistake in thinking that was a commonlt-
known
variation.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

That would be the stupidest role ever.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Umbrage »

I think the main problem was calling it a vig in the first place
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Umbrage »

look at the D2 lynch:

Town think Dan's a vig

Dan breadcrumbed LGR

therefore town thinks Dan shot LGR and LGR survived

LGR claims he was vanillaized

town thinks that's bullshit and lynch him

it was the right choice for all the wrong reasons
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Who »

In post 1638, Empking wrote:
In post 1635, Iecerint wrote:

Yeah but the classic Vig that only works on town* doesn't kill scum.

(* I may have made a mistake in thinking that was a commonlt-
known
variation.)
I would say a good rule of thumb for that is "Is it on the wiki?". It isn't.
In post 1639, Iecerint wrote:That would be the stupidest role ever.
It would basically be a reverse-weak cop.
In post 1640, Umbrage wrote:I think the main problem was calling it a vig in the first place
I agree.
Iecerint wrote:gj will kill picks, who :]
Thanks!

In case anyone was wondering about my reasoning for BROseidon, he had been lurking recently and was thus a variable, he was a rolecop which meant he would screw me over if he investigated me and I couldn't pin the lack of a death on him. I was planning for a me-mollie-umbrage-Ald or phok LYLO and blaming IEC's survival on Umbrage, but then Umbrage died to save Ald (Btw, nice night action usage Umbrage, it significantly hindered us). When that happened, I decided that my only option was accusing Zekrom of trolling, until SOAT gave me the Alduskkel excuse.
Who said that?
Or is it?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am

Post by chesskid3 »

are you fucking kidding me?

wow fuck all of you

too heavy cannot carry
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:35 am

Post by Empking »

My thoughts on the game are quite similar to everyone else's. Quite early on I expected town to curb stomp the scum team and was quite surprised that mafia ended up winning, even Iecerint stretched it out for quite a long way. I think Who's play was a good example of not rocking the boat particularly when you've been moved into the 'big-town' section for no particularly good reason. I expect that a late game town replacement really would have hurt the scum, but they played to the player's in the game.

Spoiler: Quick Thoughts on the Set Up
I was kind of disappointed by people claiming that the flavour didn't match the flavour since that was one of the big things I was trying to accomplish, and I thought that even the ones I didn't particularly like or know such as Lilth made sense in a non-forced way; Lilth is vain ergo self-watcher. That's particularly true for Roadkill which got a huge role name to get a role that I thought matched the flavour.

The main starting point of designing the game was Who's role, and that's the reason for all the Rolecops to ensure that it didn't go completely unused. It's kind of nice therefore that it ended the game. It was also unusual with ActionDan's role and Lnggrr's role following the usual pattern of the role you like best being put out of action night one. There wasn't really a design philosophy in this game over the principle of trying to give everyone a useful role that I tried to have match the flavour. In practise the role I liked best was probably the Miami Heats one.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 am

Post by Iecerint »

Her name is Lilith. :p
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Who »

In post 1644, Empking wrote:I was kind of disappointed by people claiming that the flavour didn't match the flavour since that was one of the big things I was trying to accomplish, and I thought that even the ones I didn't particularly like or know such as Lilth made sense in a non-forced way; Lilth is vain ergo self-watcher. That's particularly true for Roadkill which got a huge role name to get a role that I thought matched the flavour.

The main starting point of designing the game was Who's role, and that's the reason for all the Rolecops to ensure that it didn't go completely unused. It's kind of nice therefore that it ended the game. It was also unusual with ActionDan's role and Lnggrr's role following the usual pattern of the role you like best being put out of action night one. There wasn't really a design philosophy in this game over the principle of trying to give everyone a useful role that I tried to have match the flavour. In practise the role I liked best was probably the Miami Heats one.
Well personally I thought my role was great, both in matching the flavor and in being an interesting role in general. When I sent in "The 'g' in vig", I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but I was very happy with what I got.
Who said that?
Or is it?
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Matias »

It's frustrating, because there's no way I would have wasted a rolecop on Who. I thought he was going to go down eventually, he was really a non-entity...I guess people who downplay their inactivity really do win games
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Umbrage »

flavour was good, role names were terrible

like the main reason I didn't suspect Who's role was because I figured the ambiguous role names balanced out the role cop brigade, I didn't think scum would have a hard counter like that
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

Gg everyone

Although I have now learned that I am not cut out for large games

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”