Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1574, Equinox wrote:One vote count per page is a good guideline. If the game is moving too quickly, then it's fine to not hit every single page, but try to get one on as many pages as you can. Once every 24 hours is generally mandatory, though, unless there's been no new pages + vote changes.
I massively agree with this.

The dealdine thing I'm more 'meh' about - if town is dumb enough to push things to within minutes (or even an hour) of deadline, maybe they deserve to be punished for not managing to put a lynch together in a functional time frame.

I'll admit I loathe deadline lynches though, so desire anything that makes them harder to do.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

1 vote count per page is completely unnecessary. 1 every 2 or 3 is good rule of thumb, unless there has been a lot of vote changes in a short time, than absolutely get one up ASAP
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

as for deadlines, town is actually worse than scum at dragging their feet. Having seen a game with no deadline go on for over a month without lynching, I say deadlines are a must. There is no reason why you can't find 1 scummy person and get them lynched in 2 to 3 weeks.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by RachMarie »

In the games I modded I had either 2 or 3 week deadlines up front. I use the countdown button too which is awesome because then you dont have to worry about it, it keeps track of the time for you. In a non newbie game I did threaten to shorten the deadline due to lack of activity.

Also I have gotten backup mods when things got hairy. In one case when my dad died and NS and I went up to Hayward to sort out his apartment, in another case recently. The one I got when my dad died, kinda flaked out on me, but both for my first newbie game (Nacho) and the current backup (NS) have been solid. So I would say nothing wrong with having a backup mod, just pick wisely.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

done
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony