I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1451, Toogeloo wrote:I think the No Alignment Alterations is the biggest strike against Sinestro's post.

Gonna go ahead and also declare my intentions for V/LA from the 24th-27th for Thanksgiving holiday as well.

I think my reservations of the whole situation still is about why warrior would choose Sinestro to watch. I wonder if it's more likely that Stringer and Warrior are scummates, Stringer died behind Sinestro, and Warrior claimed that he watched Sinestro to get rid of a possible hiccup in the scum team's game.

Though I think it is still very likely you are a teammate of Sinestro's, you do bring up a good point that it is very probable that scum teammate warrior would know Stringer's demise due to who he was hiding behind more than town warrior watching the right person (1/24 chance) N1.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

EBWOP, two people were dead heading into N1, so make that 1/22 instead.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Caught up.

Like I said earlier, I'd bank on 2 equal sized scum teams, with separate wincons. Most likely 3 vs 3, but a possibility of 4 vs 4 as well.

I'm going to guess the Termiati, Stringer's team also has warriormode on it, and one other player

The unnamed team, Sinestro's, most likely has Toog on it.

Magister Ludi has got be one of these teams...he actually fits the criteria for either.

My other suspects in no particular order would be RedCoyote (Either team), Ghostlin (Only Termiati), and Pops/Implosion (Either Team)

Take that to the bank, and please don't forget this post if I do not survive the night.

I will be voting Sinestro once the following happens:
1) EC's replacement is announced, and we find out if he passed anything N1
2) Replacements have had time to catch up (if not totally, at least a few days worth)
3) warrior answers the question why he did not push Sinestro at the start of the day
4) Peregrine confirms that he targeted DGB and if so, explains why (sorry, still don't get it)

Sorry to drag the day out, but this information is important, esp #1
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Just checking in to say I'm alive. Continuing low access for this weekend.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:00 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1578, Magister Ludi wrote:Just checking in to say I'm alive. Continuing low access for this weekend.

Seconded. I'll post some legitimate content after this ends, I swear.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

LA
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Junpei »

In this case I have determined that through scum slips and suspicious play that MoI is most certainly mafia. If I die night 2, don't forget this; MoI needs to hang day 3. I have compromised a neighborhood QT in order to do this, but I find it to be quite worth it.
At the very least
, read the scumslip at the bottom of the page.

Junpeis' MoI Case

Lets see what he's been up to...

Right off the bat, says we have two scum teams. NOTE: I believe that MoI is in one of at least 2 scum teams :NOTE. There really isn't any reason to suspect this because he doesn't consider abilities/poison already going to hurt 'the plan', he immediately jumps to the conclusion of multi-scum teams. As MoI says later in the game, scum should know if there are multiple teams based on their numbers.

Twists' crypto's words. Crypto destroys MoIs' 'calling out' and 'quicklynch' tell, and MoI responds by 1) saying crypto is suspicious for 'appeal to wifom' (Lol, I can't make this stuff up) 2) saying crypto is suspicious for asking people to explain their votes on others. MoI isn't this bad.

Crypto impersonates MoI well as MoI, in 2 from the last point, was doing nothing more than attacking Cryptos scumhunting style. MoI wrote it off as empty rhetoric and dropped the Crypto argument very shortly after.

Says he already discussed crypto's read when asked why he bailed the conversation; but that's not true at all, MoI really only attacked his playstyle (obviously his playstyle), and made up appeal to wifom. If appeal to wifom exists, it is NOT what crypto did.

Much more likely to come from scum you say? Tell me MoI, what scum motivation is there to not know what Cognitive Dissonance is? Tell me MoI, if Crypto is "just one of those players" that believe X, then why does believe X make him scum? Oh, because then you might be able to mislynch him later.

Crypto isn't a scum read yet he said he was being scummy several times, and even voted him for a period. A period which was followed by one with little discussion with Crypto, until this proclamation. But no; MoI just thinks Crypto is bad.

So, caught in his lie MoI says that Crypto is always going to be just like scum, but he's town. I can't make this stuff up folks; MoI thinks that Crypto purposefully was trying to emulate scum play which was why he thought he was scum.

Doesn't see how warrior is scummy, perhaps they are in the same QT at night.

Wait, in this post he says that he has no evidence that Crypto is a VI and not scum. But he said that Crypto wasn't scum, just bad earlier. Contradictionsss

Oh this is a good one: Read where he's responding to the bold in nopoints post; specifically point 2: Asking for evidence someone is not scum is horrible. But.. Magna does the same thing by asking MagisterLudi how he is town.

Also; MoI defends me a lot, which really felt like buddying to me then and now. I think he was preparing for the moment he would enlist me in the neighborhood, and try to win me over, knowing I'm a vocal player.

MoI tells Magister Ludi (in 2) that he isn't pushing scum reads by just saying "lets get this wagon going" or things similar. It's funny because later he accuses SlySly of pushing my wagon despite saying at most those things, if not less.

I'm on MoI's "no lynch under any circumstance, even to avoid NL" list; now, he did buddy me through defending me all game, but he also at many points said I was scummy for other things. I find it odd that I pop up as a top town read all of the sudden. Although it makes no sense as to why he made this list in the first place, if not to setup his eventual neighborizing of me.

That's his day 1 play, and really all we need to look at to see his awful scum play. But if you're interested in what happens day 2, I'll summarize real fast:
- Says (in a very sly and offhand way) that people should sheep him for being right about Stringer
- Twists what SlySly said to fit his conclusion
- Misreps Implosion
- Appeal to probability (I don't care if he doesn't credit this, you most certainly did do this. Saying anything X is so unlikely to happen that it didn't happen is appeal to probability. It does not matter if we are dealing with RNG or events determined by the actions of humans)
- MoI said that FC was clearly town VI, but the examples he gave me to look at did not express that clear distinction of FC being town.
- Toog sees that MoI assumes multi-scum (with this second slip, I'm sure that there are two scum teams) and MoI twists Toogs' words onto him.

MoI neighborized me, and in that QT, he scum slipped. I've recreated his post for you:

MagnaofIllusion in neighborizer QT wrote:"Well insofar as Sinestro has claimed Serial Killer I think any discussions about scum-team possibilities should be shelved until after N2 when we see more about what kills happen.

The Warriormode situation really is pretty straightforward. Is he Town or his he scum?

If Warrior is Town he did see Sinestro get visited by Stinger. Pretty straightforward.

If Warrior is Scum we have two options -

1. Warrior's scum-team took a shot at Sinestro (which seems as out there as Watching him, IMO) and Warrior was selected / chose make the fake Watch claim. Either his team has the Watch ability N1 or he's completely faking it (I think the former is much more likely in this scenario).
2. Warrior is scum who had the Watch and chose to use it in hopes of seeing a Town investigative role / killing role going after Sinestro. Very much less likely given that abilities pass but could be used to eliminate possible opposing teams via POE for Warrior's partners."

In this post, MoI assumes that Warrior is not on the same scumteam as Stringer. When he is interrogated on the subject, he deflects, and tries to twist my words and my theory to implicate me in the same fashion. Of course, it didn't work, and I quickly tore through his poor reasoning, and he only then backtracked and said "uh, I meant, I meant that those are the two options wherein warrior isnt' on stringers scumteam... did I forget to say that...?". Which is, needless to say, absolutely ridiculous.

It also is quite obvious with MoI's strong buddying of me, pointing out other scummy things I was doing all game, and then being his top town read randomly that he was planning on neighborizing me; and forgot about all the dirt he was throwing around, and how it had hit me several times.

I think it is very likely that scum have daytalk, and that MoI is mafia with Stringer, and stringer was a planned bus-to-claim-hider. It is also possible (you may find this more probable) that MoI is mafia with a second scum team. The main point here is that it looks quite likely that Warrior is not scum or is on another scum team and has a watcher ability. MoIs' flip of scum will prove this.

Sirs, I have your day 3 lynch.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

MoI 1475 wrote:Every single on of which happened before NoPoint was even shot. Why make a point that is clearly not correct? Do you think using loaded language (whining) and threatening me was going to make me cower and forget my scum-hunting Day 1?

Why are you delibrately being stubborn? I'm talking about the Furcolow lynch, not the nopoint lynch. Posts 1150, 1200, and 1284 were full of your whining about how Furcolow was so obvious town and that makes Ghostlin scum. Whatever you said prior to D2 is redudant because that was before the flip.

MoI 1475 wrote:Great. Please point out where you’ve done anything that actually supports those reads today?

[...]

What about Wazz or Pere from Day 1 gave you these scum-reads?

This is based on my reading of the game. I've voted Pere and explained why. I've argued with wazza late yesterday. I called Sinestro out as a lurkerscum.

Pere didn't really do anything D1 to catch my suspicions, his move is what sealed it. In retrospect I don't like the way he handled our discussion on strategy at the beginning of the game. With wazza it was his over-defensive posting. Here is that.

MoI 1475 wrote:Why don’t you make a clear and convincing case on him then?

Post 1171.

---

Junpei 1581 wrote:I think it is very likely that scum have daytalk, and that MoI is mafia with Stringer, and stringer was a planned bus-to-claim-hider.

Yeah, I think that's a real possibility as well.

---

That's all I really wanted to respond to. Thanks for replacing in, pops (and all our other replacements for that matter). I hope everyone wonderful Thanksgiving.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Sly 1565 wrote:Post Count : Player
16: bunnylover
18: etheralcookie
21: warriormode
27: springlullaby
33: sinestro
36: diddin/chkflip 8/28
36: fourseencircumstance
37: projectmatt

I wanted to respond to this as well. Of this group, I think FC, chkflip, and possibly warrior are our best shots at nabbing scum. That said, I wouldn't be sad to lose any of these people except possibly EC. I would like to read more of what EC's replacement has for us because I'm not convinced he was avoiding giving content.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Junpei »

For clarification, that MoI quote is a close paraphrase which I'm sure he'll agree correctly portrays he's meaning, purpose, and thought of the post.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:53 am

Post by springlullaby »

Junpei, if not in violation of rules, post of the relevant neighbourhood QT content in its integrality please. I want to judge by myself.
Delete sensible info if it exists. What I'm interested in is the exact exchange between MoI and yourself, without paraphrases.
MoI will have to confirm it.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:53 am

Post by springlullaby »

^^
"exchange over warrior"
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Junpei »

You want the entirety of our conversation minus anything I deem not suitable to out? I may have to paraphrase as per the rules, but looking at the rules... I actually don't see anything prohibiting quoting of a quicktopic. I'll wait for the mod to confirm this, I sent him a PM.

Our warrior discussion is really a gametheory discussion. Is that the topic that you want to be posted of?

Sinestro
Sinestro
Townie
Sinestro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Sinestro »

We're the SK, which is true. But we are also a BOMB. I realized andy forgot that part
Beware your fears made into light!
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

We don't care...?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'll hammer Sinestro.

Still on V/LA, but will try to monitor the situation. I don't think he is at L-1 yet.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'll be back either Sunday or Monday to catch up with what I missed -

Suffice it to say Junpei didn't actually paraphrase he direct copy / pasted from the QT. So I agree that post is mine. I disagree that the context is anything as he is presenting. I'll respond as I feel appropriate to the rest of his interesting little case.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:47 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 2x11 ::

Sinestro (9) -
warriormode, Ghostlin, FourseenCircumstance, Kdub, SlySly, Magister Ludi, RedCoyote, PeregrineV

RedCoyote (3) -
MagnaofIllusion, projectmatt, springlullaby

PeregrineV (1) -
Toogeloo

I Am Innocent (1) -
Sinestro

FourseenCircumstance (1) -
chkflip

MagnaofIllusion (1) -
popsofctown

Not Voting (4) -
EtherealCookie, Bunnylover, I Am Innocent, Junpei

Lynch requires 10 votes.

Under Replacement: EtherealCookie.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:17 am

Post by The Eruci »

I stand corrected, Day Continues. VC 2x11 is corrected. I will also be asking Seraphim to step in temporarily for VoteCounts as my access issues have been extended till Tuesday.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I got cut off from financial support or quarters from my family today so my life is kind of in a lot of stress. And I have finals coming up. I have never replaced out before but I will not be able to give this slot the attention it needs, which is at the very least some iso flipping to understand what's going on. I'm going to have to
request replacement
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I will still hammer, just tell me when.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1595, Toogeloo wrote:I will still hammer, just tell me when.

You know the rules in Set x01 had a condition for the SK that when he killed someone (aka was the hammer vote), he got that persons' abilities?

So the fact your last two posts are offering to hammer, as well as you are my #2 suspect right now behind Sinestro, I emphatically want you
not
to be the hammer.

@Mod, you have 8 names listed, but a vote count of 9. I agree with the eight names listed and think the vote count should be 8. Could you or the asst mod please check and verify? Thanks!

I am guessing we have a firewall (doctor) ability like we did last game. I think if we do have it, the person should seriously consider using it on Junpei N2. 4 abilities in the activity zone and another 2(?) in the void is too many lost at this point in the game. The neighborizer does nothing for scum and it is a nice ability to keep in the game as long as we can***. I suspect if Junpei will be a popular target N2, so hopefully this request at least makes the scum team(s) think twice about their NK choice.

*** Re: the neighborizer, I did not have this ability last game, so I am wondering if the person who gets it can keep his identity hidden from the rest of the players in the QT. For instance, if the person Junpei passes to doesn't post in the QT, would MOI not know who has it D3? Or does the mod announce in the QT who gets to join. Would be nice to keep that hidden to everybody but the recent passer/passee...(the less people that know the less likely scum will intentionally kill the person who has it.)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 am

Post by The Eruci »

To the best of my knowledge the VoteCount is correct.

Other notes:
Beginning replacement search for popsofctown.
My connection issues have been resolved.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Junpei »

Alright: No one unvote from the Sinestro wagon, and no one vote Sinestro. MoI should be responding today.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I'm back, and will be catching up today.

Unless something miraculous has happened, I think Sinestro is lying, and won't be changing my vote.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”