Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

I am indeed, Adel. I haven't posted there because i never actually got around to taking down the previous replacement request in there
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Adel »

FYI, there is a new thread at http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10649 and JDodge is doing a much better job of keeping the OP updated. Currently it shows that there are not any Large Normal Games that need replacements.
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Der Hammer »

Adel wrote:based off of the posts at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#321990 I've concluded that Der Hammer is an alt used to escape meta analysis. He was in several active games under the Der Hammer name, and the rest have ended except for this one. I think he joined his new games under a different alt so that the scumtells he dropped in this game would not be used against him in his other games.
You should perhaps go into novel writing, because thats some good fiction right there. :wink:

No, in reality, I'm just a student who has now two weeks to finish a dissertation so thats taking up most of my time. Sorry to have messed people around so much. If a replacement is eager and willing then by all means like them step in, if not I will attempt to get myself back into this game.
You used to be alright
What happened?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:27 am

Post by tubby216 »

any further thoughts?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Adel »

um, a claimed miller has been lurking, and has a convenient excuse to continue lurking right up to the fucking deadline, and nobody is challenging him.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 am

Post by tubby216 »

i hole heartly support his lynch in fact my vote is still on him what more can i do?

unless you and yos wanna join me that would be nifty
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Adel »

would our lurkers please explain why we shouldn't lynch Der Hammer, and if they think we shouldn't
please tell us who we should lynch instead and why!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vote:CarnCarn

I dislike der hammer's lurking, but Carn Carn has said even less; Just 11 posts in the month since he's replaced in, and several of them were excuses for not posting. Plus, I think he's more likely scum then der hammer is, although at this point, there are such a high percentage of scum in the game I'm not really ruling anyone oujt.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok so both yos and adel thinks carn carn is the correct lynch?

well since i believe you both to be the most town left i'll move my vote

unvote, vote carn carn
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Adel »

do you have anything to say carn carn?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by tubby216 »

say something anything anyone but me yos and adel
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Post by Adel »

vote:Carn Carn
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, that's 3 votes; now, is anyone other then me, tubby, and Adel playing this game anymore?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:46 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Howdy, y'all! I am replacing Ectomancer. Let me do a quick re-read. Are we against a deadline?
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

As noted, HowardRoark replaces Ectomancer.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:04 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Quick notes during my reading:

----------

As far as balance I see two mafia groups with 2 members each, plus a traitor each. Three plus a traitor eah seems a bit unbalanced, especially with a SK/vig in the mix.

GeorgeCarlin
Incognito
Xylthixlm was really connecting with
Killa Seven
magisterrain and
xyzzy
Xtoxm. I believe that he was a traitor for the Colombian mafia attempting to be recruited.

That means that there should be a "recruited status unknown" traitor aligned with the Florida mafia. I don't have a lead on who that might be as of yet.

----------

I am quite confused that Der Hammer was not lynched. I have no stance on the "Lynch a Claimed Miller" philosophy some had mentioned, but he was allowed to live and
allowed to lurk[/i]. (I am a strong proponent of "Lurker Lynch" philosophy.)

----------

More to follow.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:49 am

Post by tubby216 »

good read howard i look forward to more
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Adel »

HowardRoark wrote:Howdy, y'all! I am replacing Ectomancer. Let me do a quick re-read. Are we against a deadline?
yes. each day, after the first, has a 30 day deadline
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Unvote
Vote: Yosarian2

Adel, what do want me to say - I've got nothing to respond to and Y2's vote for me is pretty scummy.

As opposed to tubby, I don't have a good town feel on Y2 for pushing the lurker lynches of me and DH when IAAUN is also completely gone. Scumbuddies much?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CarnCarn wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Yosarian2

Adel, what do want me to say - I've got nothing to respond to and Y2's vote for me is pretty scummy.

As opposed to tubby, I don't have a good town feel on Y2 for pushing the lurker lynches of me and DH when IAAUN is also completely gone. Scumbuddies much?
I explained a while ago why scum would be very likely to lurk in this situation. There are multiple scum groups, and a scum at this point is likely to mostly just want to keep his head down and not be noticed; while a townie should desperatly be trying to find and lynch scum (which you have not been doing, at all, other then this one weak OMGUS attack.)

Do you disagree with me that scum are likely to lurk here?

Also, it's interesting for how you're just completly lying about der hammer; I never at all "pushed a der hammer lynch" at all.

And you're right, Iamasuername is also lurking pretty hardcore; the only difference is that it looks more like you are around but intentionally trying to stay under the radar, while he looks more like someone who, as you've said, seems to be completly gone. Do you think Iamusername is likely to be scum, or is this just random mudslinging? If so, why?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Yosarian2 wrote:And you're right, Iamasuername is also lurking pretty hardcore; the only difference is that it looks more like you are around but intentionally trying to stay under the radar, while he looks more like someone who, as you've said, seems to be completly gone. Do you think Iamusername is likely to be scum, or is this just random mudslinging? If so, why?
I haven't been around at all - if you look at my posting history you'll notice I haven't been posting in any games over the past week or so, and also when I was gone when I was sick.

IAAUN on the other hand, if you remember Adel's link to his post history, has been around and posting in other threads.

I'll agree that lurking/inactivity isn't helpful to town, but when you've mentioned lurking, except for one post, you've referred only to me and DH.

I do disagree with you that scum are likely to lurk here. What makes them more likely to lurk than not lurk? It's (lurking) is easily seen as hurting town, so why would they (scum) do that? Scum are much more subtle than that when it comes to hurting town.

As for why I think IAAUN is scum, it was mostly a gut read from what I read of sobeahero's posts (whom IAAUN replaced). I'll try to point out specific posts that got me to think that way when I have some more time later tonight.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:40 am

Post by CarnCarn »

CarnCarn wrote:As for why I think IAAUN is scum, it was mostly a gut read from what I read of sobeahero's posts (whom IAAUN replaced). I'll try to point out specific posts that got me to think that way when I have some more time later tonight.
I should also add that I haven't had the time to read the entire thread yet, only up to page 25 or so, and again from when I've replaced in (page 55). If you look at my first post in this thread, it's a vote for IAAUN through reading page 6.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:48 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Sorry for the triple posting, but also this could be a slip from Yosarian2:
Yosarian2 wrote:although at this point, there are such a high percentage of scum in the game I'm not really ruling anyone oujt.
Can you explain this further? If there are 2 scum groups of 2, and one group has 2 dead scum, the other 1 dead scum, then how could there be a high percentage of scum left at this point? Unless you're scum and know it's not a 2 + 2 setup, or you have a reason to think 2 + 2 is not right (if so, why haven't you said that already when others were talking about it?)
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 am

Post by tubby216 »

agian if iaaun is so horrible why the omgus on yos??
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CarnCarn wrote: I haven't been around at all - if you look at my posting history you'll notice I haven't been posting in any games over the past week or so, and also when I was gone when I was sick.
Ok, so you can make up for that now. Who do you think is scum, and why? What type of scum do you think they are? Or, who do you think is town, since there aren't that many town people left?
IAAUN on the other hand, if you remember Adel's link to his post history, has been around and posting in other threads.
Fair enough. Considering how many scum there are, I think it's actually pretty likely you're both scum.
I'll agree that lurking/inactivity isn't helpful to town, but when you've mentioned lurking, except for one post, you've referred only to me and DH.
In most of my posts, I think I've made it clear I would NOT be in favor of a DH lynch, becuase, as I've been saying all game, I don't think a scum would claim miller the way that he did. That one post, someone was trying to push a DH lynch because he was lurking, and I said "Yeah, but CarnCarn is also lurking, and I think he's more likely CarnCarn is scum then DH."

I do disagree with you that scum are likely to lurk here. What makes them more likely to lurk than not lurk? It's (lurking) is easily seen as hurting town, so why would they (scum) do that? Scum are much more subtle than that when it comes to hurting town.
That last sentance is just false, by the way; I see lurker scum ALL THE TIME, and towns lose to lurker scum way too often, usually because they fall prey to bad WIFOM "scum wouldn't lurk because lurking looks bad, so let's not lynch a lurker" arguments like the one you're trying to use here.

In this case, the main goal of a scum isn't just to lynch someone and not get lynched today; the main goal of a scum is to not get lynched today and then not get nightkilled tonight, and considering how many nightkills there are, that's probably a higher concern. So a scum in this situation don't want to just look pro-town, they want to not be noticed, at all, by anyone. Which is why they would want to try to fly under the radar. And the posts you have made today, that's what they look like to me, "fly under the radar posts".
As for why I think IAAUN is scum, it was mostly a gut read from what I read of sobeahero's posts (whom IAAUN replaced). I'll try to point out specific posts that got me to think that way when I have some more time later tonight.
Ok, I'd like to hear it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”