Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1497, Timeater wrote:pedit: exponential rage

Hey, hey, let's keep things algebraic. Rage of more than polynomial growth is disallowed.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Vifam »

Fucking

Nerds
ok
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 1.45Rainbowdash - 0
JacobSavage - 3 (Calcifer, Rainbowdash, Cogito Ergo Sum)
PeregrineV - 0
Zoidberg - 2 (Fate, Jacob Savage)
zabriel - 0
Zdenek - 0
Cogito Ergo Sum - 6 (Zdenek, populartajo, Vifam, Human Destroyer, PeregrineV, Seanald)
Calcifer - 0
Fate - 2 (Timeater, Kawaii)
YYR - 0
Vifam - 0
Timeater - 0
populartajo - 0)
Kawaii - 0
Human Destroyer - 0
Seanald - 3 (YYR, zabriel, Zoidberg)
pirate mollie - 0

Not Voting - 1 (pirate mollie)

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is 2/26 at 5PM EST.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1499, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Were you talking more generally than ? Because I don't see how it does that first thing. I agree re: the game mix-up but his play prior to that definitely looked the part. Did Mastin actually post?

was Mastin.

As for that case:
-The point Zab stretching to vote Vifam was weak; the confirmation business was nonsense, and for an early vote, voting him over that's not crazy, and the idea that as scum Zab would have been hunting for a reason to get onto a five person wagon is hard to believe.
- unvoting a mason claim makes sense; there's not much that has to be said.
- thinking that people are scum because of the cases that they are pushing is reasonable, the comment about him attacking math doesn't make any sense (I don't think that is what was happening anyway, it seems more like it was about Zab not believing that HD could have changed his mind after doing his homework).

I don't think that the whole case was bad, it's just that some of these points are hard to believe. If he'd just commented about his lurking and opportunistic voting, I'd be fine with it. The business with the excuses was reasonable too.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 am

That to me is more of a general defect of cases than anything particular to that one. It's fairly rare that someone can make a real CASE without including dumb points like the mason one.

Zoidberg
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Zoidberg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Zoidberg »

In post 1475, Fate wrote:
In post 1453, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I'll finish catching up tomorrow. Better than 50% chance I'll have something good.

Let me just give you a bit of algebra as promised: if R is a ring such that x^n=x for all x in R for some n, then R is commutative.

looks like CES is probably town just fyi

PEACE AGAIN FUCKERS

Explain how you get a townread from that post.
I finally learned what it's like to be a grandmother; subjugated, yet honored.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:33 am

Post by zabriel »

I'm not sure why Fate is refusing to claim flavor. Anybody remember when the Bomber did that during HPATPL?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1506, zabriel wrote:I'm not sure why Fate is refusing to claim flavor. Anybody remember when the Bomber did that during HPATPL?

Doesnt change his role claim wording to be either exceedingly lucky or strong towntell.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Timeater »

In post 1507, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 1506, zabriel wrote:I'm not sure why Fate is refusing to claim flavor. Anybody remember when the Bomber did that during HPATPL?

Doesnt change his role claim wording to be either exceedingly lucky or strong towntell.

What wording? What are you even talking about? What does it have to do with luck?

Fucking autism
watch for the eggshells
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 pm

He stated the wording of "SK Cop" was game-relevant somehow pages back. Some dumb role thing, presumably.

Can you be productive and help get JS lynched now?

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1509, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:He stated the wording of "SK Cop" was game-relevant somehow pages back. Some dumb role thing, presumably.

Can you be productive and help get JS lynched now?

why not ask for jacob to be forced replaced? jacob is a low participant player and it is not alignment indicative for him. I would go after one of 10 million scummy players in this game than go after the low hanging fruit. I generally find going after lurkers right off the bat to be scummy but will do it in a pinch in order to compromise or if everyone is looking town and I don't want waste a good player on a possible misread. we don't have that problem here we have several players who are making posts that do NOT come from a town POV and they should be lynched for that but w/e, I guess I am the only one who is actually interested in catching scum here!
whew!
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Vifam »

Yeah why is everyone so scummy in this game
ok
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1508, Timeater wrote:
In post 1507, Rainbowdash wrote:Doesnt change his role claim wording to be either exceedingly lucky or strong towntell.

What wording? What are you even talking about? What does it have to do with luck?

What CES said.

I already showed he basically has to be SK or town and the way certain things are worded means he either lucked into claiming it or is town. Far simpler he is town, who I still would lean to "should not be protected" at this point because him being killed by the SK would be a good thing if he is town because the rest of you wouldnt be trying to lynch him while I wave vauge stuff I would prefer not to put in the open around.

@PM - While JS was originally just a null-scum lurker lynch for me his last few posts have actually been scummy. Call it a utility lynch at this point if you have to but its a good one.
You don't earn
loyalty
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm

In post 1510, pirate mollie wrote:
why not ask for jacob to be forced replaced? jacob is a low participant player and it is not alignment indicative for him. I would go after one of 10 million scummy players in this game than go after the low hanging fruit. I generally find going after lurkers right off the bat to be scummy but will do it in a pinch in order to compromise or if everyone is looking town and I don't want waste a good player on a possible misread. we don't have that problem here we have several players who are making posts that do NOT come from a town POV and they should be lynched for that but w/e, I guess I am the only one who is actually interested in catching scum here!

Asking for something that's not going to happen is not very useful. I do think we have that problem here (e.g. you're not even voting; there are still 6 votes on me for bv's lurking) + Jacob does look scummy. His reaction to the Fatemetaquestion was all wrong and he hasn't showcased an ounce of scumhunting here.

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Don't worry I'm slowly whirring away in the background.

What exactly about the reaction to the fatemetaquestion looks scummy to you?
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Gay Mafia ended, so now Nacho can explain why he thinks Fate is town, and we can openly discuss the Fate-Nuwen hydra as scum lurking at the start of the game there and Fate's post in this one saying that he didn't believe that Katsuki could ever think that he'd use lurking at the start of the game as scum strategy.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1513, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1510, pirate mollie wrote:

Asking for something that's not going to happen is not very useful. I do think we have that problem here (e.g. you're not even voting; there are still 6 votes on me for bv's lurking) + Jacob does look scummy. His reaction to the Fatemetaquestion was all wrong and he hasn't showcased an ounce of scumhunting here.

do you know what jacob's scum game looks like? he will look like the towniest person in the game. I was in a recent game with him where he was cult leader and majiffy, thor and I all had him down as town. majiffy was the sk so you know he would want the cult leader cos of the competing win conditions - easier to stay under the radar amongst town - dead and thor had him as town before he got recruited and so did I until I got recruited. when he is a special he tends to lurk more and it is almost like he does not know what to say and that is what looks like is going on now.

that is only a little bit of meta on him but it shows me how he thinks and what he is comfortable with and what he isn't. I haven't seen his scum game, the cult is the closest to it but I am thinking he would be more careful as scum unless he had zero confidence in his team.

the problem with this game is the lack of leadership. god knows vifam and i have been trying and to some degree so has nacho. but people seem to have a problem with vifam and I have a different playstyle that is atypical of the site I guess; no cred so people won't have the same amount of confidence. zden person was barely a blip until you showed up. now suddenly he is showing interest in the game and so are some other people so hey maybe this game will get better. my question is, who are the usual leaders and why are they not doing it this game? that is outside my sphere of knowledge and it would be helpful to get some answers but hey, there are simply not a lot of helpers in this game.

so you have 6 votes on you...doesn't that tell you that there is opportunistic scum being sticky with their votes (unless you are scum yourself)? who do you think they are? I find it ironic that you say that jacob is not doing a lot of scumhunting while you yourself have only gone after a lurker who had a couple of votes on him.

unless there is going to be a rbd or tim lynch then I will probably have to compromise somewhere just to ensure we get a lynch. to be honest I think my favourite lynch would be that tajo person; out everything that has gone on in the game he tries to say that my unvote on you is the most anti-town?????? like omg, that sticks out like a sore thumb and I don't even.
whew!
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Vifam »

Yeah I've lost some serious motivation for this game tbh
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Vifam »

Like, I honestly just want this day to end
ok
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Seanald »

UNVOTE: CES
VOTE: JS

Ride or Die Vifam!

I actualy dont know what that means in this situation but I said it anyway.
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

after I just said that this looks more like jacob's special game in a game where specials are outing as if there was a lottery win involved that vote does not look scummy at all.

/sarcasm
whew!
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Timeater »

i'd lol into oblivion if mollie and vifam were scumbuddies
watch for the eggshells
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1437, JacobSavage wrote:RBP, why do you have an.issue with Bv.

What is it that makes you think he's so town?

In post 1389, JacobSavage wrote:Do mafia SK Cops even exist?

Is PM seriously trying to use meta from a CULT game in this game? Cult games are hardly mafia to start.

Anyways, JS is still actually a decent lynch for more than lurking.

Look at his reaction to Fate wagon, he buys it pretty quickly, but actually is looking for reason to still lynch him in "but he can be mafia-SK cop". This is at a time he isnt even VOTING Fate.
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Bleh early post that wasnt formatted.

Anyways, thats the shot at Fate post claim trying to keep that wagon going, and the shot at me defending the bv wagon when he hasnt even mentioned bv since what essentially was the first post in the game. Feels like he is trying to keep the bv wagon going without actually having committed to the wagon at all himself (he is still stuck on Zoid for ?????)
You don't earn
loyalty
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Seanald »

^ trying to hard yo, JS has already been the lynch decision since BV got replaced.
Show
Sticky, Steamy, and Hard to Push Out
W/L: 14/18/0
T: 8/9/0
S: 6/8/0
O: 0/1/0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”