Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:49 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Grr @ 'submit'. I wanted to preview.

Addendum:
I'm sure I'm not going to be let off without a role claim.
I'm Shadowcat - a commuter/self protected townie type.
I have the ability to "phase through" things i.e. pass through stuff like walls and let smaller objects pass through me as I become whatever translucent mass, Shadowcat becomes. As a result, I can survive a certain number of night kills via lazer/bullets etc. However, on a night after I need to use my ability (it's not a choice. duh! it's a necessity) I am exhausted and cannot phase again for one night. So, I am vulnerable that night. I got a PM telling me I'd been targetted on night 2 when day 2 commenced and now - here we have Toodle telling us herself that she targetted me and now that I saved myself, she's telling you that I'm "evil" when she could not kill me. I'm sure she took that chance thinking I must be the GF or some such thing with night kill immunity. Clever ploy, but it cuts no ice with me.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:35 pm

Post by Quailman »

An interesting development.
unvote: Phoebus
for now. The story about your ability is pretty good. Congrats if you just made all that up. And the voting pattern seems inconsistent with mafia, as you point out. Must rethink...
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:03 am

Post by Toodle »

I'm telling the truth here, people... Phoebus just fed you a huge bunch of junk. He's guilty.

The great thing is that if you don't believe me, you lynch me or he takes me out tonight (because he's the one person who knows without
any
doubt I'm telling the truth), it will prove that I am exactly who I say I am.

You might be able to avoid it for one more day, Phoebus... but your demise is coming.
Live, Grow Stronger, Fight another day.
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:32 am

Post by Caveman »

Basically, it doesn't matter who we pick. If we're wrong today, then we'll be right tomorrow. My vote stands.
Time flies when you're lynching scum.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:23 am

Post by Phoebus »

OK. With seven players left, one SK (Toodle) and one scum (KingEnigma), you are ready to hand me, an innocent, in to the gallows. They both kill this night and regardless of which one of them you lynch tomorrow with 2 town and two independant scum, you are basically dooming the town to nothingness? I doubt the Punisher would be too effective if he himself were targetted.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:27 am

Post by Quailman »

AniX wrote:
Massive
is dead.

Venom- A dangerous and highly unstable creature, Venom is the homicidal embodiment of pure hatred and blinding rage- Once per night, you may nightkill a player. If you are killed on a night you nightkilled a player, once per game, you may become the symbiote again, and attach yourself to your victim's body, gaining their role in addition to this role.-Evil

Note he never killed his target, and thus never got to use his ability.
That sounds a lot like a serial killer to me. He died the first night. Are you suggesting that in a minigame we have
two
serial killers? And one of them has been holding back this whole time?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:30 am

Post by Phoebus »

Well. Yes. Some similar discussion took place on Day one. Lulu mentioned two SKs and I picked up on it. She seemed to have cleared herself of most suspicion (though she is lurking now) and Toodle was open to the idea of more SKs earlier but *quickly* dismissed it once the Punisher came up.
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:19 am

Post by Toodle »

Phoebus wrote: You cannot be working with scum, for your being tied up last night would've gotten us no kill again
Note: Phoebus aka Dr. Doom says me being tied up last night would've gotten us no kill... us, as in you and your fellow mafia? Interesting, Doctor, very intetersting.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:26 am

Post by Phoebus »

us = the town, Sparky!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Quailman »

On July 19th lulu muumuu wrote:just to avoid any kind of this thing happening to me, i have notified the mod of my limited access at the moment, and i will ask for a replacement if i think my circumstances will a hinderance to the game.
That was her last post. I'd sort of like to hear from her or her replacement before trying to make up my mind.

1. Phoebus began yesterday with a vote for mneme, who turned out to be a member of the minions of doom (mafia). Could be a serial killer, but due to his attack on Yanqush, starting the ball rolling on his day one lynch, I'd speculate that he's not a minion of doom

2. Yesterday, while it would have been still too early to reveal that she was a cop, Toodle went against the quickly developing flow (there were only two votes for mneme at that point) and voted for Phoebus, who had started it all based on seemingly sound logic. The day ended before Toodle could post again.

3. Two kills that first night, including an SK, none the next night, and only one last night. It could be that Toodle is the remaining minion of doom? She voted neither Yanqush nor mneme.

On day one, with Yanqush one vote from a lynch and the game slowing to a crawl, Toodle wrote:What's to say? My vote is where I think it should be.

Maybe a deadline would help?
And where was Toodle's vote? On Phoebus, yet she claims to have gotten her 'guilty' result on the night following this day's voting.

5. If there is a second SK, then perhaps the kill was blocked by a doc on night 2, and last night's kill was perpetrated by the SK with minion Toodle being blocked. Or perhaps one or the other tried to kill someone who is immune to night kills.

So if Toodle is a real cop, then Phoebus is likely an SK and there's still a minion of doom ou there. If Toodle is not a real cop then IMO she's our minion of doom and the game might be over (i.e., no 2nd sk).

Still, I'd like to hear from Lulu
or her replacement
before voting.
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:31 am

Post by Caveman »

Come on people. This is silly. Look at it this way. Phoebus has said
some ridiculous stuff. He said that he believes Toodle's Daredevil claim, but thinks Daredevil is evil. Daredevil isn't evil. He's a good guy. He's also a lawyer. That makes sense to be a cop.
It's pretty certain that one of the two is evil. I have a personal policy to believe the cop claimant first unless I have a good reason not to.

I think that the only remaining baddie is Doom (who I believe to be Phoebus), but if we do have someone else (another SK), we'd be better off risking killing a self-protected townie vs. a cop.

Confirm Vote: Phoebus
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:35 am

Post by Quailman »

Those last two posts appeared while I was typing that lengthy one. I just realized that if Toodle is a minion of doom, there must be another SK. Perhaps one that can only kill on alternate nights. Or a vig killed DP.

One more thing - If I was a real cop, and I paid attention on day one to note that Phoebus had started the ball rolling to lynch Yanqush, who turned out to be evil, I'm pretty sure I would have looked in another direction to try to find scum.
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:36 am

Post by Caveman »

It's a common ploy for mafia to vote for their buddies early in a game to throw off suspicion. Guess you fell for it.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

Right....buddy one
and
two on consecutive days. Brilliant!
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:47 am

Post by Quailman »

It's also a common ploy when the going gets tough for the scum to claim cop. Guess
you
fell for it.

I don't know who's lying, but one of them clearly is, and right now Phoebus' story looks a little more consistent. Toodle has recently played in newby games, so perhaps she overlooked the vote-for-your-buddies ploy. As I said, she voted for neither, though she claims to have a guilty verdict on Phoebus day 2. That would explain not voting for mneme, but when day one was dragging on, she carefully avoided voting for Yanqush, instead opting to vote for the person who started the ball rolling against him. Then, when Yanqush turned out to indeed be evil, she used her investigation on the guy who started the bandwagon! If anything, I would think that maybe the bandwagon starter had something more concrete than what he revealed, and chose someone else. Could be a newby mistake, but I'm not convinced either way yet.
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:02 am

Post by Toodle »

The fact is that Phoebus is guilty and that I have been going after Phoebus since I found investigate him.

I voted for him on Day two and Day three.

I'm one of the good guys. Maybe I made some mistakes early and we can chalk that up to newby erros, if we need to, but it simply does not change the fact that Phoebus=scum.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:07 am

Post by Quailman »

I think DP knew what he was doing when he blocked Toodle. And Caveman - Just because Phoebus once said that Toodle's claim of Daredevil was reasonable does not support it. If Phoebus is scum as you say he is, how can you believe anything he says. It could indeed be possible that Toodle is Daredevil and yet evil. How else could the mod insert a GF who can't be scoped out by a cop?

And I still don't understand why Toodle would investigate someone who instigated a lynch of a scumbag. A real cop seeks out evil, not heros.

The alignments are getting clearer in my mind. At one point Toodle said it appeared that you and Phoebus were ganging up to lynch mneme-scum. I thought that a bit odd, because it really seemed more like just Phoebus.
That's
the post where Toodle distanced herself from you. If Toodle's death doesn't end the game, then i think it's because caveman = Dr. Doom, and he's currently trying desperately to save his last minion. I'll bet you can't kill on your own, once you lose your last minion.

I strongly suspect that Mr_Gnome_It_All, KingEnigma and Lulu muumuu all have some sort of powers. I will wait to hear from them before casting my vote.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:11 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Quailman wrote: I strongly suspect that Mr_Gnome_It_All, KingEnigma and Lulu muumuu all have some sort of powers. I will wait to hear from them before casting my vote.
Myself wrote: I am the Punisher. Every night I can follow a person and if that person tries to kill anyone I block them and kill them.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:21 pm

Post by Quailman »

Right. I've read through the thread at least three times. I can't remember what King Enigma or caveman said what they could do. And Lulu is absent. I am wondering if claims from all would help at this point. I'm generally against mass claims though.
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:46 am

Post by Toodle »

You know what?
Please lynch me
. This will prove that I'm telling the truth and all of you will finally see that Phoebus is the guilty party not me.

Furthermore, I investigated Phoebus before everything went down with mneme. It was my Night 2 investigation, I had nothing to go on with anyone really, so I picked Phoebus and I got lucky.

I didn't vote for mneme because I hadn't seen anything to indicate evil in that direction. Phoebus started the bandwagon... I knew he was guilty, so I voted for him instead. Simple as that.

So, at this point I will
Unvote: Phoebus
and
Vote: Toodle
in order to speed things along and lead you to the right verdict.

This is truly an example of the blind leading the blind. :?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:40 am

Post by Quailman »

Hold on a minute! I seem to be the only one here who's playing devil's advocate. Caveman is convinced. I think Mr_Gnome_It_All is also. I'm not sure about KingEnigma. Pheobus and you are out of the equation. That leaves me and Lulu Muumuu, whom I would like to see appear or get replaced before committing.

Actually, right now I am leaning towards believing you, but I hate to rush into these things. Pheobus' role claim is as believable as yours. As I've said before, kudos to him for making up a good one if that's what he's doing. OTOH, as caveman so astutely pointed out, "we'd be better off risking killing a self-protected townie vs. a cop."

vote: REPLACE LULU
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:43 am

Post by Phoebus »

This is amusing to say the least.
If I were townie, (and most anyone else, I dare say) I would fight tooth and nail until I got lynched. Voting for myself, especially when I have only one vote and someone else has more...it defies logic. :?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:05 am

Post by Quailman »

No kidding. That's just sown more confusion.
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:09 am

Post by Toodle »

Just trying to speed things along...

I will second Quailman on replacing lulu mummu.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:35 am

Post by AniX »

PM being sent as we speak. More info as it develops.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”