mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:09 am

Post by mneme »

unvote: just_nigel

I mistrust the timing of Nigel's claim, but am inclined toward it -- what do we have to lose?
Did I say too much?
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:42 am

Post by Toodle »

Well... I know what I have to lose... and I know what the town will lose by going after another townie, namely me. :?
Live, Grow Stronger, Fight another day.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:17 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

I'm inclined to not believe Toodle, right now. Every other "contestant" in this show has been named by some trait (Young Giggler, Chip on his Shoulder Guy) Yoko also tried to pass himself off as one of the contestants on the real show, and look at what he was.

Vote Toodle
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:29 am

Post by mneme »

Quag's connectivity is a bit slow, so I guess it's up to me.

vote: Toodle
Did I say too much?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:30 am

Post by MeMe »

Just keeping y'all aware of the
Count
:

Toodle
(2):
just_nigel, Mr_Gnome_It_All

just_nigel
(1):
Toodle

Mr_Gnome_It_All
(1):
Phoebus

Not voting (1):
mneme

Three votes = night-night
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:33 am

Post by MeMe »

Uh -

Okey doke. Just ignore the count above because it's no longer valid.
Toodle,
Nikki McKibbin
(really!) has been released from the show.

It's now night -- choices due by...let's say
Noon EST Wednesday, April 7
. If they come in before, we'll start the game up earlier.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:37 am

Post by MeMe »

*****NEWS FLASH*****

Simon Cowell
, (aka
just_nigel
) has finally been apprehended. After more than a year of complaints and restraining orders, Christina Christian (season 1’s talentless object of Simon’s affection) has finally succeeded in getting Cowell behind bars. “I couldn’t go anywhere without looking over my shoulder to see him dogging my every step! Even my house wasn’t safe…I’d be walking through the living room and just kinda glance toward the sliding glass door and there he’d be with his nose pressed up the glass. He was wily, though. As soon as I reached for the phone, he’d be gone and he apparently carried Windex wipes with him because he never left a single print. Thank goodness that that I can, once and for all, close the book on this period of fear.”

After he was picked up on trespassing charges, several other victims of Cowell’s peeping-tom and harassing habits have come forward to join the chorus of litigants: Ryan Starr, Carmen Rasmusen, Kimberly Caldwell, and Justin Guarini can all sleep easily for the first time in months.

Three of you left…two votes necessary.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:05 am

I guess I'll be the first to post on day 4, as well.

I have already explained who I am. What I would like, right now is to hear from both of you.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:40 am

Post by mneme »

I'm the Haughty Artiste (Townie)

Phoebus?
Did I say too much?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:20 am

Post by Phoebus »

I don't quite remember where gnome said anything other than "townie". could someone please refresh my memory?

I'm Clay Aiken, a townie with A LOT of overweight housewives, part of my "Claymates" fan club.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:03 am

Gnome wrote: I'm just Shannon Rubicam, basic townie. Former member of the 80's group "Boy Meets Girl". Nobody remembers me so I'm just here to get some publicity for my upcoming album.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:42 am

Post by MeMe »

Fair disclosure: no matter how long it takes you all to make a decision, I'm not planning to deadline this last day. So if you don't converse & vote, you're just trapping yourself indefinitely in this game! :o
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:10 am

Post by mneme »

Fine. Thanks for the prod, MeMe.

I find Phoebus's role claim slightly less plausible than Gnome's.

So
vote: Phoebus
Did I say too much?
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:01 am

I have to say I find mneme's claim more plausable than Phoebus'.

Haughty Artiste just sounds like the kind of role title MeMe would make, and since all the other roles like that were townie, I have no reason to believe that mneme's isn't.

Plus, I think I can also take into account the fact that Phoebus doesn't even have half the number of posts in this game that mneme and I do. Seems he just pokes his head out to make it look like he's not lurking.

I can't think of any reason to not
Vote Phoebus

Time to see who our next American Idol is. 8)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:12 am

Post by MeMe »

And
Phoebus
(
Clay Aiken
) is booted from the program for the last time.

Congratulations! You've won!

And by "you" I mean
mneme
(aka "Your Criminal Past" - SK), of course). Gotta go pick up the kiddos from school -- full roles/night choices will be posted when I get back in about an hour.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:29 am

Post by mneme »

:twisted: Thanks, MeMe! :twisted:

(and thanks, Mr_Gnome! (and all the rest of the players) :)

Wow, was that a good game for me -- I ended up "catching up to" all three mafia members (ok, two out of three, it was by vote, but still...).

I had the choice of being immune to one night kill or one lynch -- If I'd lost on the last vote, I'd have cursed myself for chosing the night kill (I figured I could defend myself better from the lynch), as making myself immune to a lynch would have caused the game to end one night earlier (since I could have votet myself, survived the lynch today, and killed tonight), but as it was, it still feels like the right decision.
Did I say too much?
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:34 am

AWWW... CRAP!

I seriously didn't see that coming. Damn it!

Sorry town, I suck!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:04 am

Post by MeMe »

Your Criminal Past, SK
mneme

You’re on a team all your own – and, as such, you win when you’re the last one standing. Nightly, you will select a player to catch up to (you know…as in, “your criminal past has caught up to you”) and that player will be quietly ushered out of the game.

To make things a bit fairer for the poor, put-upon SK, I’m giving you immunity to either the first night attempt on your life OR the first lynch attempt on your life. The catch? You have to choose which one you want right now (night one). So, choose wisely…
ANTI-TOWN

--
Paula Abdul, Mafia
lemuel

You, Brian Dunkleman (Yoko Kurama), and Nikki McKibbin (Toodle) have joined forces to take down the American Idol Empire. Everyone considers you “the nice one” – but your false compliments have done more to build up hopes undeservedly high – only to make the crash to reality that much more devastating…straight up! Nightly you may plot with your fellows, but once day breaks, so does communication. You’ll be in charge of submitting the night choice to me. You win if at least one of you three are still in the game when it ends.
ANTI-TOWN

--
Brian Dunkleman, Mafia
Yoko Kurama

You, Paula Abdul (lemuel), and Nikki McKibbin (Toodle) have joined forces to take down the American Idol Empire. You faded into obscurity after your embarrassing co-hosting stint on the first series…but you’ve just been biding your time. You’ll make them pay for choosing a pretty-boy over your unique brand of anti-charm. Nightly you may plot with your fellows, but once day breaks, so does communication. Paula will be in charge of submitting the night choice to me; you’ll take over the duty if she exits the game. You win if at least one of you three are still in the game when it ends.
ANTI-TOWN

--
Nikki McKibbin, Mafia
Toodle

You, Paula Abdul (lemuel), and Brian Dunkleman (Yoko Kurama) have joined forces to take down the American Idol Empire. I mean, you beat TAMYRA GRAY, for crying out loud. Where’s
your
recording contract? Why haven’t
you
been asked to appear on Boston Public? You’ll make them pay for forgetting your mediocre hard-rocking ways so quickly. Nightly you may plot with your fellows, but once day breaks, so does communication. Paula will be in charge of submitting the night choice to me; you’ll take over the duty only if both she and Dunkleman exit the game. You win if at least one of you three are still in the game when it ends.
ANTI-TOWN

--
Simon Cowell, Cop
just_nigel

Your refusal to sugarcoat the truth has made you somewhat unpopular, but you’re still the best at separating the good from the crap. Each night you will submit a player name to me, I’ll let you know whether you think that player is “complete rubbish” or “not half-bad.”
TOWN

Mod note: Sane cop – except when it comes to Clay, who, though town, will be seen as “complete rubbish.”

--
AT & T Wireless customer
Someone

You’ve heard the rumors that the outcome is fixed but you don’t believe it! You’ve got your text-messaging finger all limbered up and ready to vote…when the time comes, you’ll be making the decisions on who’s full of talent and who’s just a wannabe.
TOWN

Mod note: Backup cop – sane. Results given as “Rox 4evr!” or “sux w/ a cptl ‘S.’”

To be sent to AT&T if Simon dies: Simon’s judging days are over – now it’s up to your nimble fingers to make the choice. Nightly, you will submit a player’s name to me and I’ll let you know whether that player “Rox u 4evr” or “Sux w/ a cptl S.”

--
Ryan Seacrest, Doctor
bloojay

You are so blandly optimistic that people just can’t help but feel better in your presence. Nightly, you will select a player on whom to lavish your special brand of non-committal encouragement and if that player was targeted for elimination, (s)he’ll find the strength to stay another day. Once during the course of the game, you may choose to comfort yourself (oh – get your mind out of the gutter – I didn’t mean
that
).
TOWN

Mod note: Regular doc

--
Randy Jackson
jeep

Yo, dawg! You’re so wishy-washy that most people don’t really listen to your jive. But it’s aiight, dude. American Idol is your bread and butter and you’re not gonna let anyone ruin that. Once during the course of the game, you’ll be able to invite someone back into the game by choosing him or her as your “Wild Card.” Nightly, after all night actions are tallied, I will send you a list of the player(s) who will be gone come dawn. You may look over the list and decide to keep one of them. Remember, this is an ability that can be used only
once
during the game, so be careful! PM your decision (“save player” or “no choice”) as soon as possible – yours is the final choice of each night.
TOWN

--
Clay Aiken, Townie
Phoebus

You are a townie – but your talent isn’t as obvious to everyone as it is to the millions of overweight housewives in your “Claymates” fan club. Be warned – investigators may not give you the credit you deserve.
TOWN

Mod note: Looks like “complete rubbish” to Simon

--
Shannon Rubicam, Townie
Mr_Gnome_It_All

You’re a “celebrity” (term used loosely) judge. As half of the group “Boy Meets Girl” you enjoyed a short-lived heyday with your smash hit “Waiting for a Star to Fall” in the late ‘80s. The contestants don’t remember you and neither does the audience…but that won’t stop the producers of AI from forcing contestants to choose a song from your limited discography for the “Boy Meets Girl” theme night! You don’t have the necessary expertise to give truly usable advice…but at least this gig will raise visibility for your upcoming album and, if you’re “on,” perhaps you’ll be invited back again next season! You could certainly use the cash…
TOWN

--
Young giggler, Townie
Fletcher

When you’re nervous, you can’t help but smile and giggle with every breath. To your delight, this habit was misinterpreted as “spunkiness” and you made it to the finals! This is the best ~giggle~ show ever!
TOWN

--
Chip-on-his-shoulder guy, Townie
Quagmire

You’re just a surly jerk. To you, there’s no such thing as “constructive criticism” – all you hear is jealous babies whinin’ about your talent while those fools can only WISH they had half of it. Still, this show about the only break you’ve ever had and you wanna make sure nothing shuts it down.
TOWN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Behind the Scenes:

Night 1
:
  • mneme (Your Criminal Past) selects protection for the first night attempt on his life and targets bloojay (Ryan Seacrest), who dies
  • lemuel (Paula Abdul), on behalf of the mafia, targets jeep (Randy Jackson), who calls himself back as a wild card contestant.
  • just_nigel (Simon Cowell) investigates lemuel (Paula Abdul) – receives “complete rubbish” result
  • bloojay (Ryan Seacrest) chooses to protect Toodle (Nikki McKibbin)
  • jeep (Randy Jackson) chooses to use his wild card to bring himself back into the game.
Night 2
:
  • mneme (Your Criminal Past) targets lemuel (Paula Abdul), who dies
  • lemuel (Paula Abdul), on behalf of the mafia, targets Fletcher (Young Giggler), who dies.
  • just_nigel (Simon Cowell) investigates Toodle (Nikki McKibbin) – receives “complete rubbish” result
Night 3
:
  • mneme (Your Criminal Past) targets Someone (AT&T Wireless Customer), who dies
  • Toodle (Nikki McKibbin), on behalf of the mafia, targets Quagmire (Chip-on-his-shoulder guy), who dies.
  • just_nigel (Simon Cowell) investigates Quagmire (Chip-on-his-shoulder guy) – no result as Quagmire’s dead
Night 4
:
  • mneme (Your Criminal Past) targets just_nigel (Simon Cowell), who dies
  • just_nigel (Simon Cowell) investigates Mr_Gnome_It_All (Shannon Rubicam) – no result as j_n’s dead
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:56 am

Post by Phoebus »

:roll: Bah! Talk about jumping the gun!

Conga-rats mneme!
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:21 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Yea not that I was afraid of jeep just thought he was cheating thats why I claimed and all.... If you wanted to know. :D

She BANG She BAng Ohhhhh... Babbbyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:30 pm

Post by jeep »

Well, almost.

Here is my analysis of Day 1 if anyone is interested. This was sent to MeMe pretty much right after my lynch.

http://www.mafiascum.net/jeep/AmericanIdolAnalyzed.htm

-JEEP
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:16 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post