Dante's Game - All votes in - who took top prize?

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:18 am

Post by pablito »

Cloud, the creative writing aspect was deemphasized in the second part of the game. In retrospect, I would've loved to have it count for something, but the game was about the ranks and votes. However, when a person had to rank/vote someone who he had no idea about, they always defaulted to the writing samples. Like the first vote/rankings in the week of greed, it looked like it was all based on writing. Also for unaligned people they used the answers for their determinations, it seemed. Here's the following from the opening page.
post 2 wrote:I've had this idea in the back of my head for a long time now and I finally figured out how to possibly make it work. Basically this is a Big-Brother international-style type game where alliances can help, but your public perception is key and
competitions have little to no bearing on the game
It did not help at all that Inigo Montoya, Max and Ernie disappeared from the site completely. I thought about getting replacements, but then I realized that if any replacement was recruited by someone already in the game, it would upset the balance, plus that person would've been at a severe disadvantage. That's why I set up the time portion of the initial challenge, it should've weeded out people that couldn't keep up with strict deadlines (so I would have to prod less people). I would've been interested in at least seeing how Ernie and Max would've voted had he stayed in. mikehart's vote was already set, but Ernie didn't seem to have much preference to anyone outside his alliance. And Max, who knows how he'd vote.

I kept everything in an excel file, and I'm having trouble converting it into BB code, but I think I have a solution.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:42 am

Post by pablito »

Spreadsheet with all rankings (give thanks to google for its spreadsheet services)

As mentioned before, the four raters were Foolster41, Green Crayons, Mariyta and me. For the most part, each of the raters correctly selected 2/3 of the actual bottom three, and no one in the bottom 4 got a rank above 8.

In gluttony week, bethelmark and CDB failed to send in rankings so both were auto-nominated. You both picked up prods and well the deadline had been over for 20 hrs after, so it felt necessary. Even if I had received both rankings, there would've been an interesting and difficult tie to break for last place. So it actually made it much easier for me.

bird sent in rankings for the greed week, but his rankings did not go into the overall score. they're included for novelty purposes.

If you've got questions on the spreadsheet or you can't view it, then just let me know.

Thanks for the game, guys, it was as much fun for me to watch the numbers/votes come in as it would've been to play.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Congrats CDB - your answers to my final jury questions were textbook.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."

Return to “Social Game Archive”