Newbie #228 - The Doom of Tinytown (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 2:35 pm

Post by Arvadite »

MeMe wrote:Oh, man. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Gotta love your acknowledgement of my post without any defense or reaction to it.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by viper0933 »

So, what is your theory MeMe?

I think some prods are in order.
For a Harry Potter RPG, go to http://www.rorrpg.com/referral.php?r=Checkpoint , and help me get points by getting to level 10!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

#1 -- that
was
a reaction.

#2 -- what's there to defend against? You've come up with a theory because I voted you for actions you acknowledge as scummy -- and I'm paired with viper because you think he "had to wait for someone else to vote."

Here's my defense: you're wrong.

Now defend against this: I think it's more likely that you and Erotomachia are scum together than any other pair in this game. I think that Erotomachia looks to have been defending you and you are completely ignoring HIS scummy posts. Why don't you let me know what you think about the case I've put together against
him
? Why not tell me why it doesn't make sense for you two to be paired together? And, since it wouldn't be fair of you not to comment on my theory after expecting more from me, I'll expect nothing less than a thorough reply from you.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by MeMe »

Everyone, with the exception of RandomActs (who hasn't been gone that long), has posted in the last 24 hours.

As for my theory: have you not read the last couple of pages?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 3:01 pm

Post by MeMe »

(Sorry for the triple)

Clarification: first post addresses Arvadite, second addresses viper.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Post by viper0933 »

Yes I have. I just read it over and now I know what your theory is.

And for the Prod part: I guess I just wanted people to talk a little more. I'm a little impatient sometimes, sorry about that.
For a Harry Potter RPG, go to http://www.rorrpg.com/referral.php?r=Checkpoint , and help me get points by getting to level 10!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by MeMe »

I've found myself to be overwhelmed by real-life demands and am attempting to get replacements into all of my mafia games -- Kelly Chen has agreed to take over for me here.

It was fun!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Fifth Vote Count of Day One:
(now with more Kelly Chen!)
MeMe
Kelly Chen - 2 (Erotomachia, ChrisV)

Arvadite - 1 (RandomActs)
viper0933 - 1 (Arvadite)
Erotomachia - 1 (
MeMe
Kelly Chen)

Not voting - 2 (Iammars, viper0933)

With seven players alive, four votes will lynch.
All previous votes will stand until changed, despite the replacement situation.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Hi, just checking in. I'll post tomorrow once I figure out what's going on.

(This will be my first newbie as IC, incidentally.)
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 5:14 pm

Post by RandomActs »

I haven't posted lately, but have been watching all the while.

Regarding Arvadite's theory that both MeMe and Viper are scum: That was indeed one of the possibilities I raised earler (post 109) and while it's conceivable, I still don't think it's very likely. The wagon on Arvadite began because of his own vote on MeMe. If MeMe is scum, then we have to conclude that she was just sitting there when Arvadite dropped a lynchable blunder right in her lap. Arvadite's vote on MeMe may have been unfortunate for him, but really, can he be so unfortunate as to commit this blunder and in so doing, offer such a gift to scum? Or to look at it the other way, can scum be that lucky to have a perfect cover for a lynch drop right in their laps? What are the chances? Not very good, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I'm not convinced Erotomachia is scum, but I think he's making a couple of mistakes. For instance: defensiveness is not a sign of scumminess. It's a sign of . . well . . defensiveness. I agree, MeMe is sensitive to votes against her. But scum and town alike want to survive in this game, and emotions can run high, regardless of alignment. I also think it's important to fully understand what someone is saying before you leap to conclusions, because otherwise it appears you're twisting their words and that's highly scummy. Eroto handled it right when he "misread" my ranking of possibilties. In post 111 he asked questions which allowed me to then clarify my statement. (And by the way, I find find his explanation of why he read it as he did completely plausible.) But when he claims that MeMe was using her defensiveness as proof of township, well, that really is a mischaracterization of what she said. Misunderstanding? Carelessness? Something else? I'm not ready to decide.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
ChrisV
ChrisV
Townie
ChrisV
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 04, 2006 10:15 pm

Post by ChrisV »

I'm now pretty certain that viper0933 is a townie. The unvote on Arvadite after I started talking about lynching him would be a very strange, deep scum move unless Arvadite were also scum. But Arvadite's heated argument with viper0933 has convinced me they can't both be scum.

Kelly Chen (nee MeMe) and Arvadite are both so all-out aggressive, starting bandwagons left right and center, that I don't think either of them is scum either, although I'm not so sure as I am about viper0933. Certainly both of them can't be scum.

I think there is at least one scum amongst RandomActs, Erotomachia and Iammars. The fact that nobody put the fourth vote on Arvadite doesn't convince me that there weren't scum who could have done it (if he's a townie). I think if I was scum I would judge that an unnecessary risk, and there wasn't time between my inquiry about lynching Arvadite and viper's Unvote for either of them to come forward in support.

I'm still suspicious of Iammars. I've seen too many scum fly under the radar in this fashion. For now I'm going to hop on board Kelly Chen's bandwagon and:

Vote: Erotomachia
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2006 12:51 am

Post by viper0933 »

ChrisV wrote:I'm now pretty certain that
viper0933
is a townie. The unvote on Arvadite after I started talking about lynching him would be a very strange, deep scum move unless Arvadite were also scum. But Arvadite's heated argument with viper0933 has convinced me they can't both be scum.

Kelly Chen (nee MeMe) and Arvadite are both so all-out aggressive, starting bandwagons left right and center, that I don't think either of them is scum either, although I'm not so sure as I am about viper0933. Certainly both of them can't be scum.

I think there is at least one scum amongst RandomActs, Erotomachia and Iammars. The fact that nobody put the fourth vote on Arvadite doesn't convince me that there weren't scum who could have done it (if he's a townie). I think if I was scum I would judge that an unnecessary risk, and there wasn't time between my inquiry about lynching Arvadite and viper's Unvote for either of them to come forward in support.

I'm still suspicious of Iammars. I've seen too many scum fly under the radar in this fashion. For now I'm going to hop on board Kelly Chen's bandwagon and:

Vote: Erotomachia
I have just one thing to say. Thanks for getting my name right.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2006 6:53 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I've read the thread once now. I don't have a deep analysis or anything yet.

I think Erotomachia is probably scum, so I'll leave MeMe's vote in place. (She's relatively accurate I'd think.) I tend to think that Arvadite is town, though.

I'll have more thoughts in time.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2006 10:56 am

Post by viper0933 »

Is there any reason why Arvadite hasn't posted since MeMe confronted him with her defense? That's just strange, but I'll let it fly since he might be busy. That doesn't mean I'll stop suspected him.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by viper0933 »

Ok, is anyone going to come?
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 am

Post by Arvadite »

If you read my last or second to last post, it stated I don't have my computer (internet) at home and wouldn't be able to get back on until sunday (when I return to college). In response to MeMe (Kelly Chen), I have not been able to have much time online in order to discuss these manners, I simply was able to get one for about three hours when I posted my theory. I wasn't however ignoring what you had posted about Erotomachia, I simply only had time to get my thoughts across and not respond to others. He has been suspicious and not very active as other members of the board have been and your theory brings out important points in posts he has made. I agree he has been acting suspicious and it does seem like he is trying to fly low under the radar. However, him defending me should not connect us in any way. If we were scum and working together, he would have had more to gain out of me dying. He would have been the fourth vote to lynch me, and if I would have been revealed as being scum. With him casting the fourth vote sealing my fate, it would seem highly unlikely that the person who casted the lynching vote on a mafia member would also be mafia. I am not stating that your theory is completely irrational, I am only stating that he would have had more to gain by killing me if the theory were correct.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Post by viper0933 »

Oop. Sorry about you not being here. Forget I ever mentioned anything about that. (stupid memory <_<)
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Arvadite »

lol don't worry about it
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I'm in the midst of finals, so I'm not quite as active as before.
RandomActs wrote:But when he claims that MeMe was using her defensiveness as proof of township, well, that really is a mischaracterization of what she said.
All I can say is that was the first impression I got after reading the following post:
MeMe wrote:This looks like a role fish to me. But, I'll go ahead and set you and Arvadite straight, I will always fight for my life regardless of role.
That said, I fight harder when I'm pro-town.
I've been lynched several times when scum, but I've never -- not once in almost four years of online play -- been lynched while holding a pro-town role of any kind, including townie. So your comment above is just plain false. I'm experienced enough TO be concerned with self-preservation. Why? Because I'm the only one I know for a fact is innocent and that's worth fighting for.
Perhaps that wasn't what she was saying, but that's what the paragraph seemed to suggest (to me). Anyway, that's over and done with, since Kelly Chen shouldn't be expected to defend MeMe's words.

Frankly, I'm quite surprised that MeMe thinks I'm scum with Arvadite. Just because I didn't lynch him isn't evidence that I'm being soft on him--it's simply evidence that I don't favour a rapid killing off of other players.

Oh, and welcome to the game, Kelly Chen. :D

But, umm, you're voting for me because MeMe is "relatively accurate"? Given that you are the same person, I personally feel that doesn't stand for much (you'd have the same motivations).
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I think MeMe put her vote in the right place, based on my first read of the thread. I'm reassured a bit since MeMe is a more experienced player than I am.

One argument against you is that you seemed to know that MeMe was town when you suggested that a fourth voter on her would clearly be scum. Your response is not reassuring to me:
Erotomachia wrote:Looking back upon my post, I do not believe I stated that. Isn’t it obvious that a quick, unexplained fourth vote would be from a scum player? As townies, we wish to discuss the game...we are, as RandomActs stated, in no rush. Therefore, only a very anti-town or inexperienced town player would quicklynch someone in such a manner. I expect most human beings to behave in a rational manner, which is why I would think only the mafia would want to quicklynch. You suggest a hypothetical situation in which you are scum—if you’re truly a townie, why would you even consider this?
The answer would be that if MeMe were scum, a fourth voter on her could hardly be scum. It would have to be an inexperienced player as you acknowledge.

I find it quite shady that you tried to turn this against MeMe. She wasn't considering a hypothetical situation in which she's scum. She asked why you
weren't
considering one.

I have some random thoughts, though not as many as I'd like.

I'm suspicious of Iammars, as much of his content doesn't seem directly relevant to the game.

RandomActs commented that scum have not been able to communicate privately yet. According to the rules, this isn't actually true, although it's hard to notice. It could mean that RA is town. Else he could be scum waiting for someone to notice this, or scum who honestly didn't realize he could have spoken with his partner.
RA wrote:Being new, I can see how you might suspect that. But there are reasons why that can't be the case. First of all, it's against the rules to discuss the game outside the thread. So unless viper and I were boh mafia, there would be no way to plan any strategy during the day. Also, because we started on Day 1, the mafia have not had opportunity to discuss anything at all since they can only talk at night. We haven't had a night yet in this game.
There seems to be a mistake above (why is "during the day" included there?), but I don't know that it could mean anything.

I get a town vibe from ChrisV.
ChrisV
ChrisV
Townie
ChrisV
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by ChrisV »

My current ranking, from scummiest to towniest:

Iammars
Erotomachia
Arvadite
RandomActs
Kelly Chen
viper0933

I'm finding it pretty hard to rank Arvadite, RandomActs and Kelly Chen. Kelly's point about the scum chatting rules is a good one, but doesn't wholly convince me of RandomActs' innocence as it's quite likely he simply didn't know he was allowed to chat. However Kelly making that point has moved her up townier in my eyes.

At this point I'm almost certain that at least one of Iammars or Erotomachia is scum, simply because it's almost inconceivable to me that some combination of two of the others are both scum. The only combination I think is possible is a RandomActs/Kelly Chen double act (that would explain Kelly trying to exonerate RandomActs). Can anyone give me a plausible scenario in which some other combination of those four are both scum?

My recommended plan of action is to go ahead and lynch either Erotomachia or Iammars today, and for our cop, if there is one, to check out either the other of those two, or RandomActs or Kelly Chen. Doctor, if you're out there, you should make up your own mind as I don't want to influence scum picks.

That's my opinion. So are we going to kill someone, or what? My lynchin' fingers are getting itchy.
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 8:50 am

Post by Arvadite »

It would be awesome if Immars, Erotomachia, and RA would post some more.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 10:16 am

Post by viper0933 »

Arvadite wrote:It would be awesome if Immars, Erotomachia, and RA would post some more.
Who's Immars? I agree with Arvadite that I
a
mmars, Erotomachia, and RandomActs should post just a tad more. It wouldn't hurt if everyone else posted a bit more too.

Mod:
I think a deadline is in order. Do you agree?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Chris, why do you consider viper the towniest? I'm not very confident about that.

I don't think the day should end any time soon.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon May 08, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by viper0933 »

Yeah, I don't think this day should end soon either, although I think Erotomachia is the most likely lynch. Who knows? He might hint to his partner.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”