Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:31 pm

Post by Fletcher »

I've already claimed pretty much so I don't see what the point is of FoSing me since your just gonna get the same thing everytime. Something like "I'm a "Plain Townie"! Belive me!".

If you guys know a way you or I can prove my innocence I would much appreciate it if you'd tell me. Maybe like someone coming forward to tell everyone that they have the same wording in there pm as someone else who has already calimed.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:04 am

Post by Wacky »

For the record, I don't think it's possible for anyone to have the same PM as me. It's pretty distinctive.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:26 am

Post by Gammie »

Same...the wording in my PM is very distinctive also
[size=75][b][color=gray]You miss 100% of the shots you├óÔé¼Ôäóll never take ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Wayne Gretzky
I├óÔé¼Ôäóm not dumb enough to be a goalie ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Brad Hull[/color][/b][/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

bloojay? Isaac? No Idea? Got any insights to share?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:13 pm

Post by Isaac »

My thoughts are that my head is freaking killing me, and that I'm damn pissed that Ny Quil doesn't come in 3 gallon jugs. Besides that these are my thoughts through the cold/flu haze:

We have seven people left, two of whom are mafia. That means we have two day lynches in (assuming that the mafia kill townies at night) before the game becomes unwinnable for the town. With that said, I don't know how comfortable I am with lynching Fletcher today. The best argument that I've found in the thread is that so far we have no reason to believe that any of our town role PMs were identical to anyone else's. Yet Fletcher claimed (unless i'm remembering wrongly) that he had the exact same role PM as Bloojay.

However, I also have my reservations. Besides the fact that we need to be more judicious in our lynchings (as I noted above) there's something that I thought would put Fletcher's head in a noose yesterday. The fact that he went out of his way to try to derail the Carmine bandwagon. At the time I thought it was a bald mafia saving mafia ploy. But now I have to wonder why he would do such a thing. I honestly have no idea why he would, either if he were scum or not. Perhaps he can explain why he felt compelled to post this as a way of supplement his defense? I dunno.

Other thoughts:

So MeMe has made two mistakes today. What's the deal? She's usually such a close reader, yet she has forgotten that the bloojay was killed last night, and she cast a vote on Fletcher based on the wrong idea that he had posted "you guys just lynched an innocent" before Carmine's twilight post. I don't think this is scum posturing (although I will admit the idea croseed my mind) but it does stick out because MeMe is usually such a careful and attentive player. I don't really have a point with this, it just strikes me as wierd.

And last thing:

So the mafia killed bloojay? WTF? Their first two kills seemed obvious. Talitha because she's experienced. Mystery Celly because she was an asset to the town. But now bloojay? He was doing nothing for the town, to the extent that I was thinking he was lurking mafia. I can't even begin to piece together what all this means right now because my head feels like it's in a vice, and as this game has shown, my logic circuits aren't hte most reliable things even in the best of times. But there's more stuff to talk about here, so lets get to it.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:00 pm

Post by MeMe »

Isaac wrote:So MeMe has made two mistakes today. What's the deal? She's usually such a close reader, yet she has forgotten that the bloojay was killed last night, and she cast a vote on Fletcher based on the wrong idea that he had posted "you guys just lynched an innocent" before Carmine's twilight post.
The bloojay thing was carelessness -- I was looking at my spreadsheet to see who hadn't yet posted and I hadn't yet updated it to reflect the bloojay death.

But the Fletcher accusation
isn't
an error -- I didn't say that he posted the "lynched an innocent" before Carmine's post; Carmine's post doesn't even enter into my accusation on Fletcher because I always ignore what a lynchee says in twilight. My point was that his post claiming that he believes the lynchee is innocent -- posted only after it's too late to do anything about it but too early to really
know
she was innocent, is scummy.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:21 pm

Post by Wacky »

I went back and read over the thread again, and I think I've figured out why bloojay is killed:
bloojay wrote:well, I'll go ahead and claim.
I am a simple townie who hates the mafia for killing some close relatives.
Bloojay was the first to claim stuff in addition to the townie role. That made him look innocent. This would suggest someone who pays attention to fine detail is on the mafia.

OTOH (can't believe I missed this yesterday):
Isaac wrote: This is a pretty stupid set of reasons to vote for someone. I doubted that added role flavor existed, and for good reason. I didn't get it, and most townies probably didn't get it as well. .
Nonetheless Isaac placed the final vote on Carmine.

Not only that but there's the fervent defense of blackhawk and Isaac (following Blackhawk) have been on a crusade to get MeMe lynched from the start. Maybe MeMe might be mafia or Isaac is.

I think Isaac should quote his mod PM NOW.
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:37 am

Post by No Idea »

Sorry for not posting earlier, I was very busy on the last few days, and I'll still be pretty busy until Sunday.

Anyway, I agree with Wacky. Fletcher is also pretty suspicious but Isaac both defended scum and cast a lynching vote on an innocent (which he protected earlier that day). That's enough to deserve my vote, at least until he'll defend himself.
Vote: Isaac

As for bloojay, he was definitely the closest thing we had to a confirmed innocent, so I don't think it is not very surprising that the mafia chose to kill him.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:12 am

Post by Gammie »

I just re-read the rules and this is gonna be a newb question, but..

I thought we weren't allowed to quote PMs? :oops:

But if we ARE allowed to, why hasn't everyone been quoting the PM and it would resolve this conflict over wording?
[size=75][b][color=gray]You miss 100% of the shots you├óÔé¼Ôäóll never take ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Wayne Gretzky
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:59 am

Post by Isaac »

Wacky wrote: I think Isaac should quote his mod PM NOW.
Hey, hasty-pants, why don't you try reading the thread and you'd realize that I already have a number of times? I got one word: townie. As for my vote on carmine, I posted that first post at the beginning of the weekend. At the end of the weekend, with no further discussion and with me more or less convinced of carmine's guilt, I voted.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:26 pm

Post by Gammie »

*looks at her PM*

I think all the PMs are different (as I've said before), but based on mine...They're not that bland as to be a one word PM that just says "Townie."
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:29 pm

Post by Isaac »

Gammie wrote:*looks at her PM*

I think all the PMs are different (as I've said before), but based on mine...They're not that bland as to be a one word PM that just says "Townie."
Let me get this logic straight:

Hmm, all the PMs are different. Isaac's is different than mine! He must be scum!

Brilliant.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:20 pm

Post by Gammie »

Let me make myself clearer.

They're different in the wording. In no way in my mind do I think that just "townie" is in my barriers of what I think is different in wording.

Personally, I don't think Wacky has done anything suspicious thus far. He makes it clear he thinks his PM is distintive and not the same as everyone elses. I, also, think mine is distinctive and not the same.

But there is a tad more "beef" so to say to my PM at least than just "townie." In fact, it doesn't even use townie, it uses "Town".

Yes, it's a black and white game so there shouldn't be anything elaborate. That's the thing, mine isn't elaborate - but it's not total blandness, either.
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:31 pm

Post by Isaac »

It's still pretty bad logic. Essentially, you're saying that because your role had more flavor, every role should have flavor. But hte only rule that we've found thus far is that there is no common thread to the townie roles, besides the obvious fact that they all say that we're townies. Besides, we already have an example of a fairly flavorless townie. Carmine claimed her role said "plain townie." She's a dead townie now, but you should get my point: she had a two word role. Why is it such a stretch of logic that I would have a one word role?
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:17 pm

Post by Gammie »

I'm just thinking it's a tad farfetched that the mod would add some spice into some roles but then not others.

My head doesn't well when I'm sick I guess.

Unvote: Isaac
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:38 am

Post by Fletcher »

Isaac wrote:Yet Fletcher claimed (unless i'm remembering wrongly) that he had the exact same role PM as Bloojay.
I have the same wording as Carmine did, not bloojay.
Isaac wrote:However, I also have my reservations. Besides the fact that we need to be more judicious in our lynchings (as I noted above) there's something that I thought would put Fletcher's head in a noose yesterday. The fact that he went out of his way to try to derail the Carmine bandwagon. At the time I thought it was a bald mafia saving mafia ploy. But now I have to wonder why he would do such a thing. I honestly have no idea why he would, either if he were scum or not. Perhaps he can explain why he felt compelled to post this as a way of supplement his defense?
No, it was a townie
trying
to save townie ploy. That was the reason I came out because I didn't want another innocent to die. I figured she was probably good since she had the same wording as me. I don't know what more you guys want.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:06 am

Post by Kerplunk »

My thoughts:

MeMe - She led the blackhawk bandwagon day one. I personally didn't think blackhawk was so suspicious, with his vig-PM. So although MeMe got us lynched a mafiosi, maybe it was a setup and MeMe knew bh was scum because she self is. Don't think it's real MeMe-like, but it's something to keep in mind.

Isaac - Defended bh so vigourisly(sp?) that it's highly unlikely for him tob e scum.

No Idea - No Idea votes for Isaac because he defended scum, but I think we have pretty much decided that he can't scum for the same reason. So making this statement again seems a bit weird.

Gammy - Don't think he's scum. He votes for Isaac because Gammy's PM doesn't say 'townie'. I find it hard to believe that scum would jump on this.

Wacky - hasn't done anything suspicious, hasn't really done anything as I recall. That's why he's a good candidate for begin scum.

Fletcher - Although I have my doubts. I think he is the best candidate this day.
confirm vote: Fletcher
. Trying to divert attention is scummy and I have also this feeling. We can make this day drag on and on, but after this we have one chance of lynching scum. A new day, new hopes.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:30 am

Post by Wacky »

[quote="Gammie"]
But there is a tad more "beef" so to say to my PM at least than just "townie." In fact, it doesn't even use townie, it uses "Town".
[quote]

Would it happen to be S....C...(Town)?

There are several notable things I would like to add:

1. MeMe, is getting more suspicious. She hasn't commented on this game lately. Blackhawk was too suspicious for her to ignore had she been scum. And I'm pretty sure that scum had a hand in the Carmine wagon.

2. I was hoping Isaac would claim something totally not right. Didn't work, but if I was mod, I would have "townie" as a claim.

3. Something about No Idea just isn't right...

But I don't want to commit myself to a plan just yet. I really want to look over things more and hear what MeMe thinks.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:37 am

Post by Wacky »

I forgot - the ellipsis (...) are supposed to represent stuff. It isn't "S...C...(Town)"
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:01 am

Post by No Idea »

Unvote: Isaac
.After re-reading the thread, it does seem a bit far fetched that Isaac would behave the way he did had he been scum. I'm not saying he's a confirmed innocent (and I definitely don't recall deciding he can't be scum, Kerpulnk), but he's not too suspicious either.

I voted for him because of two things:
1. MeMe asked for thoughts, and he seemed like the most suspicious person. I was in too much of a hurry to start analyzing the game.
2. The main reason - I misunderstood Wacky's post:
Wacky wrote:OTOH (can't believe I missed this yesterday):
Isaac wrote:This is a pretty stupid set of reasons to vote for someone. I doubted that added role flavor existed, and for good reason. I didn't get it, and most townies probably didn't get it as well. .
Nonetheless Isaac placed the final vote on Carmine.

Not only that but there's the fervent defense of blackhawk and Isaac (following Blackhawk) have been on a crusade to get MeMe lynched from the start. Maybe MeMe might be mafia or Isaac is.

I misunderstood the quote. I thought Isaac was referring to Carmine, not Blackhawk (that is why I said that he cast the lynching vote on an innocent he protected earlier that day). The main thing that confused me was that I knew that we didn't lynch Carmine because of her PM structure, we lynched her because she seemed to be acting from a position of guilt and because she defended Blackhawk and attacked TMC. Thus, attacking Isaac because he was on the Carmine bandwagon but also didn't think Blackhawk's claimed PM structure was suspicious is crap logic. I assumed Wacky wouldn't use crap logic so the logical conclusion was that Isaac was referring to Carmine. I was in too much of a hurry to actually check.

That said, I'm not really sure what to do next. I do think Fletcher is a tad suspicious, but not enough to be vote worthy. His post in yesterday's twilight saying that he thinks we lynched an innocent doesn't seem very suspicious to me. He defended her all day long, and when he saw that we lynched her he wanted to be able to say "I told ya!". That's not very suspicious on my eyes.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:36 am

Post by Gammie »

Wacky wrote:I forgot - the ellipsis (...) are supposed to represent stuff. It isn't "S...C...(Town)"
Meaning each period is a letter? Actually, that doesn't even matter...that's not what my PM says.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but in my PM, town is in brackets and not parenthesis. Mine says [Town] and not (Town) but that could just be variety of usage, I do that myself in school all the time.

The reason I thought the just "Townie" in the PM was odd was because as people have said theirs is just a word or two, mine is two sentences. So I was thinking at that point in time "Wouldn't all of the PMs be generally the same?" because Wacky says his has 'extra flavor', too.

I'm still sick though, so shout if I don't make sense :lol:
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:43 am

Post by Gammie »

And I'm a she :lol:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:24 am

Post by MeMe »

Wacky wrote:I really want to look over things more and hear what MeMe thinks.
Uh, what exactly do you want to hear from me? I explained this morning why I think that Fletcher looks suspicious and am voting him. As a matter of fact, I explained
yesterday
why I thought he looked suspicious, too. I could keep repeating myself...but why?
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:33 am

Post by PolarBoy »

At this point the mod would like to point out to Gammie that the confusion about her gender probably springs from the usage of a male character in her avatar. Also, the rest of the town may be aided in remembering her femininity by the simple mnemonic that Bart Simpson is played by a woman.
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:29 am

Post by Gammie »

HAHAHA!

Woah...ok - You deserve some credit Polarboy.

I've been sick for the past almost 2 weeks and been miserable and that actually made me laugh outloud. :wink: :lol:

That's one messed up female vote... :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”