Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Blackberry »

Yes and No

My strategy was make myself vulnerable, see who attacks me as an "easy target" and make judgments from there. Although I think I did accomplish making me look vulnerable, no one actually attacked me for what I expected them to attack me for (the non-conforming thing).

I did not set a deliberate of a trap as I have in the past (I would refer to it as a reaction test, trap makes it sound like it is only meant for mafia, where in this case, it is meant to see who will jump the gun early enough and make accusations, who I suspect would be mafia).
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Budja »

@BB, my posting style is very mood-dependant. I don't think I been posting smilies for a while.

Jack can be annoying but annoying != scummy. Bad vote.

@Llama, answer my prev. question.

@BB, jumping on anything you can see in early game is a good way to leave RVS. I endorse it as either alignment.

Content-light. Still gathering thoughts.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Jack wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
I got a daycop result on you...it said you were guilty but the flavor hinted at miller (townie who appears guilty), is that really your role?
One of four possibilities:

1. You're mafia and you are lying. If I get lynched then yours will follow shortly after

2. You're a paranoid cop. Worthless and lynch worthy.

3. You're an insane cop. Can't really tell unless you get an inno.

4. You're testing me.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jack wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:Gah what is it that you want me to explain? You and Mitsuru both said that I'm confusing you, but you're the ones who are confusing me.
I got a daycop result on you...it said you were guilty but the flavor hinted at miller (townie who appears guilty), is that really your role?
I'm not ready to accept this claim as true. Why are you outing yourself so early, and why are you suggesting that mallowgeno is a miller?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

fishy wrote:@llama: in 100, you said "did anyone else see this?", and later clarified that you meant a change in my argument. I think you must have misunderstood one of my posts; can you explain this in more detail please?

To be clear, this is what makes me think you are scum:
- I said (69) that you were strawmanning my argument by condensing it to "scum use smilies more than town".
- You said (73) that that was what my argument was when you stripped away the crap.
- In 100, you admit that there was another part to my argument, that you agree with.
Now, I don't think 73 could have come from a player who had actually bothered to read over my arguments again when I accused you of strawmanning me. When accused of a strawman as town, I think the natural reaction is to read the argument you are supposed to be strawmanning. Since you didn't do that, I think you are scum.
Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to all of the trouble to explain this (mainly because I'm bad at that sort of thing) but I guess I'll have to.

Basically, your attack on BlackBerry was a chain:

Smilies = trying to be liked by town = worried about appearances = scum.
/
Discussing playstyle

If you break any of the main links in the chain, your argument fails.

In my own opinion discussing playstyle =/= mafia only thing to do. I do believe I've said this before, but whatever. It's a personality thing. I do it sometimes to. It's just a different style of doing things. Be completely open with the town and you save time and energy. However, I guess I did straw man you slightly. Your argument was stupid anyway, but yeah, I guess it was 'smilies and openness = scum.'

Which doesn't jive with your own stance on the issue even:
fishy wrote:I totally agree that a great town strategy is to be very open about your thoughts on the game, because when I achieve that is easily when I play my best mafia.
So, explain to me, wtf? You make a big deal about the other half of your argument that you have pretty much explicitly stated that you do not agree with. Is it that you believe in being open about thoughts on other people, but not about thoughts on yourself?
Furthermore, BB had nothing to be open about at that point other than his own play, seeing as nothing had happened yet.

Smilies =/= trying to be liked by town. That's another link gone. Your argument is now dead, because there is no more link between actions taken and a mafia mindset. However, to nuke the dead horse, some people have gone on to say that trying to be liked by town is not a scum thing to do, because nobody (except for a third party role or two) should want to get lynched. In addition to that, being worried about appearances can be a personality thing as well, and judging by what very little I know about BB, he'd be one of those people. But that's a blind guess, and it's based a little bit on circular reasoning, so whatever.

The only part of it that's even remotely true is the very end of it: Scum is more worried about how they are seen than town. That was the end goal that your chain never reached, but at least you had the right goal. Sort of. I partially agree with this, in the same way that you do: appearances are important to town and even more important to scum. So really, I completely agree with your partial agreement with the extreme.

Now, as you can see, none of the links in your argument work. At all. So I was a little lazy and just glanced at the post to refresh my memory and the second failtastic part of your argument got lost in the shuffle.

To make things completely clear:
fishy wrote:So, here's my question: when posting 73 in reply to 69, did you go back and reread my posts about BB? If not, why not?
I glanced at it and read like the first sentence of your first post about it because I'm lazy and your argument was obviously full of crap.

mitsuru wrote:And judging by your meta, you often use smilies anyway
Good, now I don't have to look it up.

However, Jack's post gives Mallow a potential way out. It opens up all kinds of WIFOM.
Not really. He's saying the mod suggested the possibility of a miller. That's the only way out for a caught scum other than claiming Jack is fake/insane/townie trying a gambit.

@Budja: I thought I already answered this, but w/e.

It was quite obviously hopping on a bandwagon, but I can imagine a few other reasons for it. I agree with him as far as Mallow's case not making much sense, but I don't think that being confusing/wrong is worthy of a vote.

Also, Jack's being annoying, evasive and got pissed off for no discernible reason (that would be being defensive, would it not?). The last two, are in my opinion scum moves. I voted him because I didn't lose anything (We aren't anywhere near lynching time as far as I can tell) and I wanted to make it clear that I didn't like his actions. BTW, has has answered the question yet? I mean, I'm pretty sure I know what his answer will be, but I still want to win the fight. :twisted:

PEOPLE KEEP POSTING AND I HAVE TO ADD MORE AND THEN THEY POST MORE WHILE I DO IT RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE!

Anyway, Mallow pretty much read my mind apparently, however I don't believe in lynching para cops just because they're paranoid.

Scoug's thoughts parallel my own.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

ebwop: It broke my beautiful diagram. Discussing playstyle was supposed to link to thinking about appearances.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

llamaeatataco wrote:ebwop: It broke my beautiful diagram. Discussing playstyle was supposed to link to thinking about appearances.
Stick a bunch of periods in front of what you want moved from the left side.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Jack »

vote:Anon
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Anon »

Lllama wrote:I most certainly hope you are basing your read on more than that. If you are, your entire attack is just a lame attempt to look pro town by hopping on a popular wagon. GG.
No, my read is based on just that. Your defense of BB is unfounded and its ilogical coming from a townie entity that early in the game. You even decide to attack another player based on his accusations against BB. Yet some posts later you agree that the attacks can make sense. Flifflop FTL.
Flameaxe wrote:Anon 114 - I'm glad you're here and posting and everything, but I personally was expecting bit more from you. The two posts you have quoted do not make me lean either way about Llama, nor do they seem to have much in common.
Try again? I cant be the only one seeing this.
Flameaxe wrote:Anon 116- Piss off Mr. "I want". You lurk for four pages and come back with a less than stellar post with a vote, seeming to think you're on to something, while the rest of us know nothing of what you're on about. I'm glad we can see your opinions on everyone, but I know coming from myself (someone who seems to disagree with most of your scumdar), I want to hear a detailed explanation of what you think of everyone.
The majority of my reads are based on gut, meta, and town/scum tells. Llama is scum for lame attempt to look town by chainsawing BB and then accepting that his accusations were unfounded. My town reads are pretty much gut/ active playstyle, what Id expect from the players if they were town. Mallowgano is an special case, he screams easy target all over his head.

Whats up with this dramatic change of playstyle, smarty pants?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Anon »

Jack wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:Gah what is it that you want me to explain? You and Mitsuru both said that I'm confusing you, but you're the ones who are confusing me.
you really think people are that stupid, jack?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Additional mod flavour which has nothing to do with the game, Im just bored...

Luckily before she died, Doris has stocked the fridge up, which was lucky because after a morning of arguing you were hungry for some lunch, luckily for you all there were some freshly caught haggis and some creamy eggnogfas in the fridge. Doris was an amazing cook in her time and only bought the freshest of produce, some of her summer visitors would come just to sample the fine cuisine she put on offer. Unfortunately, as she is no longer around, you muddle through and have half burnt haggis and some lovely creamy eggnogfas.

You are half way through the day. Enjoy your lunch.
Last edited by Porochaz on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Jack »

Anon wrote:
Jack wrote:
you really think people are that stupid, jack?
Some of them.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Raivann »

Blackberry wrote:
Yes and No

My strategy was make myself vulnerable, see who attacks me as an "easy target" and make judgments from there. Although I think I did accomplish making me look vulnerable, no one actually attacked me for what I expected them to attack me for (the non-conforming thing).

I did not set a deliberate of a trap as I have in the past (I would refer to it as a reaction test, trap makes it sound like it is only meant for mafia, where in this case, it is meant to see who will jump the gun early enough and make accusations, who I suspect would be mafia).
What is the non conforming thing ?

I'm not quite sure I'm buying what your selling here. So you make yourself appear an easy target how?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

anon wrote: No, my read is based on just that. Your defense of BB is unfounded and its ilogical coming from a townie entity that early in the game. You even decide to attack another player based on his accusations against BB. Yet some posts later you agree that the attacks can make sense. Flifflop FTL.
*facepalm*

OK, here's what I want you to do:

1. stfu
2. rtft
3. come back and talk to me when you have done that.

/rage

Seriously though...

anon wrote: The majority of my reads are based on gut, meta, and town/scum tells. Llama is scum for lame attempt to look town by chainsawing BB and then accepting that his accusations were unfounded.
[hypocrisy]strawman.[/hypocrisy] Really. I'm not explaining it again, screw that crap. I'm gonna go play Halo while you read my last post and try to figure it out, because I'm lazy.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Raivann »

^ replace "lazy." with "scum."
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

eff Heroic. Anyway, Raivann, why is it a scum move to not want to explain something for the second or third time?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Anon wrote:
Lllama wrote:I most certainly hope you are basing your read on more than that. If you are, your entire attack is just a lame attempt to look pro town by hopping on a popular wagon. GG.
No, my read is based on just that. Your defense of BB is unfounded and its ilogical coming from a townie entity that early in the game. You even decide to attack another player based on his accusations against BB. Yet some posts later you agree that the attacks can make sense. Flifflop FTL.
Flameaxe wrote:Anon 114 - I'm glad you're here and posting and everything, but I personally was expecting bit more from you. The two posts you have quoted do not make me lean either way about Llama, nor do they seem to have much in common.
Try again? I cant be the only one seeing this.
Flameaxe wrote:Anon 116- Piss off Mr. "I want". You lurk for four pages and come back with a less than stellar post with a vote, seeming to think you're on to something, while the rest of us know nothing of what you're on about. I'm glad we can see your opinions on everyone, but I know coming from myself (someone who seems to disagree with most of your scumdar), I want to hear a detailed explanation of what you think of everyone.
The majority of my reads are based on gut, meta, and town/scum tells. Llama is scum for lame attempt to look town by chainsawing BB and then accepting that his accusations were unfounded. My town reads are pretty much gut/ active playstyle, what Id expect from the players if they were town. Mallowgano is an special case, he screams easy target all over his head.

Whats up with this dramatic change of playstyle, smarty pants?
I don't believe my playstyle has changed at all (this game at least, and this is my first game in a year or two) let alone dramatically. Unless it changed from the random vote stage that I have no reason to believe that you've read yet.

We're seven pages in, give more specifics for each person. You shouldn't need to rely on gut to give you a town read at this point. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your two quotes really don't convey what you seem to have claimed in this post at all. The first quote was commented on more than just llama (myself included) as it is a completely ridiculous argument to make. The second quote has to do with llama making a point that townies worry about appearances as well as town, and fishy added what llama "somewhat agreed" with. I don't see any unfounded accusation whatsoever. Your case is not as strong and flawless as you think it is.

I still want a detailed explanation of your list.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Raivann wrote:^ replace "lazy." with "scum."
What a brilliant, worthwhile post.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Raivann »

That's not what I meant, I don't find that scummy. It actually gets old repeating things three times, I agree.
But you don't strike me as a "lazy" player, more like fakeraging flailing scum.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Raivann »

Flameaxe wrote:
Raivann wrote:^ replace "lazy." with "scum."
What a brilliant, worthwhile post.
Thanks, I liked yours too! :eek:
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

oh hellz nah man, I am lazy. I'm just a little overzealous in addition to being lazy, which is quite possibly the strangest combination of traits I've come across.

flailing about what?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Opinions:

Anon - Very content light so far. His only content has been tunneled on Llama for rather weak reasoning. Leaning scum until you can show up and show me otherwise.
Blackberry - Was leaning town until this whole "easy target" business. Moved a bit back up my list at the moment.
Budja - Also content light in my opinion. Can't say I really know where you're at with this game as of right now. You have seemed to jump on board with voting popular discussion player (as posted in my long post on 5). Leaning scum.
Fishythefish - Moving back down my list. More on the neutral side. Not going to beat a dead horse about the smiley discussion, you know how it goes.
Jack - Sure, I'll give ya irritating. An anti-town town player best case scenario. Not really anything to give a good read beside the annoyance.
llamaeatataco - Can go either way right now. My opinion has gotten a bit weird over these last few pages with the seemingly emotional vote. Not a strong read.
mallowgeno - Baffles me as to why you are completely oblivious to any comment regarding your vote of strangercoug. I doubt I speak for only myself when I urge you to actually say something about the matter. Your content has gotten a bit flimsy since that whole ordeal began, which makes me lean scum.
Mitsuru Kirijo - Very weak leaning scum read. Lots of short, one line posts that don't add a ton of conversation. But as I said, very weak read.
Raivann - You opened the smiley can of worms early, and sort of slipped out of the open for a bit (in my opinion, obviously). I already let you know my opinion of bringing in meta games of people, so lets not bring it back up. Look back at the other post if you need to. Leaning scum.
StrangerCoug - Nothing here jumps out at me as scum. Leaning town.
xvart - Not going to lie, you have sort of slipped through my tracks. That could be good, or bad I guess. It's probably because you have 5 posts. No read. Talk a bit more and I might get one.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

I don't really provide long posts. I say what needs to be said. You'll see long posts if and most likely when I see the need for them.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Raivann »

Why do you think Jack is scum ?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Mitsuru Kirijo wrote:I don't really provide long posts. I say what needs to be said. You'll see long posts if and most likely when I see the need for them.
I don't have an issue with this as I don't like a lot of long posts myself, as they usually end in long replies of quotes to your long posts. That just gets out of hand after a while. This is why I have it as very weak.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”