farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:05 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:I never targetted you farside. The night spyrex targetted me, I tried to kill chenhsi. I think I was RBed because Spyrex didn't die.

About massclaim, I think it's fine. I don't really see why we're doing it now though. I'm most interested to hear why muerrto didn't die last night, but he says he can't claim.

About me killing tonight -- how many people agree with azimuth -- that they want me to refrain from killing? I'll go either way. I said I would roll with the consensus.
I will explain later on the first part,
I think it depends on what happens today,s lynch if you should kill or not.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

OK then, This post be long says I. Go to the bathroom and then get comfortable. You may be reading this for awhile.

Elvis & Farside- Notes**

She isn't the same "hunter" role I seen once before, but I only seen that role once before anyways so who knows what the usual is for the role. Farside claims a skill that "What doesn't kill her makes her stonger". Last Prey roles I saw only had knowledge they are being hunted so, them both being different makes sence. And from that saying, I think I can guess what role type Farside has to go along with her prey status.

I don't think Elvis is cult recruiter fake claiming for the following reasons.
1) No one but her has explained Luigi's Death

If someone else can then they should otherwise Elvis obv made the kill Cult recruiter's can sometimes kill but usually don't.
2) As long as no one counters with other info, we know all her actions to be true.

No one else can explained how luigi died. SpyreX was town and towns don't lie, he drew Elvis and he was not shown as cult when he died, yet Elvis does claimed to have been blocked. Muerto and Strappado confirmed Elvis targeting Muerto. If elvis was cult her only recruit could be Muerto. BUT Farside says she is the counter part of the hunter role. Can't have hunter without prey or vice versa. Farside can't be a recruit of Elvis since all of Elvis's actions are accounted for.

So I think I can add Elvis to unlikly recruiter list. I can't deduce if I can move farside there yet until she claims further and I don't know if she should. Elvis may more easily be able to kill her, if farside claims her skill out right. Yet at this point, it is possible Farside is the recruiter and Elvis is a Recruit who realized Farside recruited her because of what Farside has been saying outloud and hinting at. I don't think its a great threat or possibility since I ain't found Farside scummy or likly cult, but regardless I will count her among potential cult recruiters for now just in case she really did recruit Elvis.

@Farside,
do you auto loose if Elvis kills you?
If not then I got no problem leaving Elvis alive.

@Elvis,
I don't like directing actions unless there is some necessity. If there is a 4 man strong cult and we lynch wrong, they will win if they recruit right. If they recruit right, The game will stop, and you won't get the chance to kill farside and win too. I call that necessity on both sides. You scratch my back Elvis and I'll scratch yours. But that doesn't mean I should pick the target. Elvis for these reasons I think you should use your own judgement to kill the person you think is most likly to be cult tonight. Farside can only be cult if she recruited you, so you shouldn't be able to kill her or maybe even at all if thats the case.

By killing Cult Elvis, the Cult won't win and you still got chance to hit farside later. Kill whoever you think is most likly cult during the night Elvis. That would be best for everyone. If there is a 4 man strong cult and you kill no one, I already explained how that makes the town loose. If there is a 4 man strong cult, and you kill mafia or town we still loose. The kill itself won't make us loose, it will keep us from loosing if you hit cult only. It won't be the final blow if you hit a non-cult. So I suggest
you kill only who "you" think is most likly cult.
Choose for yourself who you think is likly cult and kill them should we fail to lynch cult today.

Because Elvis is not a member of the town and can kill, I highly doubt she can be recruited into a cult since she wins with anyone not as just one. Speaking of how she wins I guess I'll play my last card.

Elvis is NOT, the only player who can win with anybody

I crumbed it a little poorly here...
PokerFace wrote:Cigarettes don't kill me, but they do make me stronger. Now I don't turn into an SK, I am 100% certain I don't do that. In fact if my new theory (thx Elvis & Internet) is correct, giving cigarettes to me 'can' actually help the town, the scum, the cult, everybody 'can' be helped if my theory is correct. But since I believe I can choose who would recieve the benefit from my skill, the town will recieve the benefit. They all 'can' benefit, BUT since I am the one using the skill, only those I choose to benefit, will. At least this is what I think for now. I'll explain once I test my skill one more time. I could be off big time and i could be right on the money. Shaft.ed had fun with my role and if I'm right this game just got sillyer. !My Brain hurts too!
I win with the town. if town wins then I win, BUT if I get my cigs and book of matches, I personally can't loose the game. That's right, if I complete my search, the final outcome of this game does not matter to me because I can't loose.
The town can still win or loose, the mafia can still win or loose, the cult can still win or loose, elvis can still win or loose, BUT I won't be able to loose. I'll gladly still help the town for extra credit and incase I can some how smoke away or loose my cigs, but should I fail to help the town while I got what I want then pfft it don't effect me.

That was why I asked elvis those questions earlier. Its wierd she can not basically win with the town. She must kill Farside before that can happen. This is different then what I got. I can win with the town without completing my search. Or I can complete my search and get a golden ticket to victory with anyone no matter what.

I don't know if Elvis being different than me in that respect makes her a liar and or scum. Haven't decided on that. If she cooperates, she is fine by me for now.

Internet & K7 - Notes**

PokerFace wrote:I am a little undecided on the internet myself.
PokerFace wrote:
@The Internet,

The Internet wrote:Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.
So you think he should be lynched, but you don't want to be on the wagon?
I usually see posts like this when a scumo is trying to stay off a wagon he knows as town. This way he can encouraged townies to lynch other townies without looking bad for dropping the hammer of being on the wagon. Chenshi flipping scum kinda hurts this view unless the internet is a part of a different scum group.
Anyone want to comment on my view here?
Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

PF: Could be reluctance to bus. I prefer Azimuth lynch.

Albatross!
Perhaps I am wrong and Gurgi is right. Or the general view of his play towards chenshi being overall Wishwashy could be the right answer. There were some people defending Chenshi yesterday, I kinda was with saying lurking don't make him scum. Perhaps Internet was throwing his cards in with the defenders hoping another wagon would rise and cause a lynch instead of chenshi getting lynched.
The Internet wrote:I agree with what you have said PF, and I'll give the rest some time to discuss quickly. If I don't get a darned good reason not to vote Gurgi soon, I will vote for him.
The Internet wrote:
strappado wrote:I see K7 and chenhsi as being one in the same, they've both done scummy things and post no more than one liners and avoid answering questions directly and are totally lurk-a-licious.

chenhsi with his insincere post regarding the NK and K7 with his "what did strappado do last night PF" - If PF had thought it would be useful to town, PF would have said so - K7 not only said something that would make himself have to claim, but Poker and I also pretty much had to claim after that. I guess that's why that role could be beneficial to town, forcing claims and outing people.

Still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi though.
I'm more suspicious of K7 than chenshi, because K7 could have been scum that lied to get IM lynched, while chenshi hasn't done much of anything (though he is looking scummy recently).
The Internet wrote:Alright I'm back, and here's my scum list
Muerrto (oddly selective scumhunting patterns, keeps trying to dodge questions with semantics)
TheSweatpantsNinja (Wishy washy votes which appear to attempt to start or join bandwagons)
chenshi(what else? lurking and contradictions)

Of those, I think Chenshi is the least scummy,but still must be considered. I also would not discount Chenshi being mafia, because he be not listening or being bussed. Before you leap at me for not listing K7, I was unclear about he did N1, but It has been clarified for me. Also, to those listing me on their list, have you read my posts in my defense? Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
I was the only one wanting to lynch Gurgi and slightly against a chenshi lynch. There were a few after K7 and against a chenshi lynch.
I still firmly believe K7 is town. Him lurking does not make him scum. He lurks in alot of his games.
Chenshi was lurking like hell and always does. Yet he still managed to make scum tells.
chenhsi wrote:Oh no... Mirth died...

Lucky its only 1 death...
chenhsi wrote:I think that there is nothing wrong on commenting on night kills...
Classic newb scum tell there. Try to sound innocent and sympathic about something you caused. Show me where K7 made a more valid scum tell than lurking, and only then will I say any suspicions of K7 are warranted. Ironman did not look like a grave threat to the scum. I can't see any scumo willing to put themself in danger of suspicions and lynchings just to get ironman lynched. ironman just probably didn't get his action in before. Whispering tracker is not a well know role. K7 probably didn't know the ediquete with it when he asked me to come out on what strappado did. So I see that as only a minor incident. You guys will have to show me something more concrete before I even begin to suspect K7.

Back to the Internet,
The Internet wrote:Chiming in here, no I did not get visited by a bridgekeeper. Luigi Gangsta's death suprised me, the scum could have easily used his day 1 actions to build a wagon on him on day 2. It's possible he got vigged. The fact that he was a cult unrecruiter means that we probably need to be wary of cults. Iron Man's behavior worries me, but I'll wait for his reply.
I once pondered if this was him crumbing he was a vig and had killed Luigi. Trying to sound innocent about something you knew or involved in. But since Elvis claimed the kill, that isn't the case. So I got to wonder if he actually "knew" Luigi's death wasn't caused by the mafia back then and trid to sound innocent about something he knew or were involved in, while subtly vig fishing. I think I can see internet as mafia with how he handled chenshi and everyone else yesterday, especially if he was vig fishing.

Azimuth - Notes**

Azimuth wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm definitely not lurking; I just took a day off, and it has taken me much of today trying to catch up. You will find that I enjoy taking a day off now and then, but whew! Who knew there'd be a posting avalanche the same day?

Unvote
first, because Luigi has explained himself adequately for now.

Regarding our purported French Taunters: if one is lying and one is not, I suppose I am more inclined to believe SpyreX because his explanation of his role seems more complete, plus the constant breadcrumbing followed by an unsolicited role/PR reveal on the part of DarlaBlueEyes seems a little too contrived. Why bother to reveal that much at all? Certainly there was not much suspicion of DBE before.

I suppose it is possible that all of this was staged, and they are both mafia, using this as a way to distance one from the other. In that case DBE would still make a good lynch choice, though for now I don't want to put her at L-2 in case there is disagreement from others.

If, however, neither of them are mafia, and our moderator has simply given them the same role in a fit of mischief, it might be appropriate to say, "You bastardmod! You vicious, heartless bastardmod! Look what you've done to them!" I would never say something like that, though... :wink:

I don't like what chenhsi is doing either. I could easily place a vote for him if he doesn't start doing something constructive. Probably goes for killa seven too, though he is newer.

Also, JordanA24 has seemed to "Run awayyyy!" from this game; I would think he's been at least prodded by now?

Meanwhile, I will have much work to do elsewhere for six days beginning Monday; I may still be able to post minimally, but no long essays from me. Since this game is large, I will try extra hard to keep up with reading it so that I won't take all of next weekend catching up.
Azimuth wrote:Checking in quickly (on a break):

I am not in favor of forcing a modkill or anything along that line.

I am not interested in telling SpyreX how to do a night action or learning more about it at this time.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Why would i fake claim on day one with 2 votes on me?
Why claim at all, fake or otherwise? Your argument seems to be that it doesn't make sense if you are mafia, but it doesn't make sense if you are town either. You don't seem to be addressing questions posed to you and have taken a defeatist attitude; if you actually are town then you are doing us a disservice.

I may not like some of Iron Man and Luigi's actions and (chenhsi and killa seven's lack thereof), but it is getting difficult to keep my vote off DBE, whether IM ever shows up to explain himself or not.

Back to work; will continue reading and may post again if needed, but not much.
He did express some dislike of Darla in this post and others though did not vote her. I can understand he wanted to wait on ironman but it is borderline wishywashy when he says so much against here yet doesn't take a more direct action. Bruce later voted Darla firmly puting her at L-2 Not L-1 when he made comments against Darla a long while before K7 hammered. Azimuth prolonging voting her when she was L-3 pre L-2 and not L-1 that far ahead of time, comes off wrong to me. Azimuth was also among those who considered both DBE and SpyreX as both being scum ahead of time. And he very lightly touched on them both being taunters. Scum would know Darla was a taunter and would assume SpyreX was not a liar since they would already know SpyreX was town.

Azimuth was highly pro replace chenshi over let's lynch chenshi. He voted and tried to support any wagon yesterday over voting chenshi. I can't recall him saying Chenshi was scummy yesterday or him dwelling on ironman intensly on day 2. He dwelled on ironman day 1 but not so much on day 2? Did you not want to be on ironman's lynch after your comments toward ironman on day1? That don't sync up. He only repeated what everyone else said applying to Ironman but didn't include much of his own input at all on day 2.
Azimuth wrote:Just chiming in to say that I was quite close to placing a vote on Iron Man too, mainly because his ability doesn't seem to be pro-town (but also for the other reasons -- lurking, possible contradiction, etc.). With the recent flurry of votes I will hold off for now to give him one last chance to respond, but even I will not wait an eternity.
Also
Azimuth wrote:1. We lost the cop?
Ouch.
And there's probably a cult?
Double ouch
We already know why such comments are scummy.
<<<Points at Chenshi's corpse
This comment and how he hinted at cult going at Elvis for recruitment Make me think Azimuth has potential for being cult or scum who just want a role like elvis's elimnated.
Azimuth wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I have the option of killing every night. It is not required.
In that case, if I were you I would not try to kill anyone else, if it doesn't fit the win condition. I would even be suspicious of anyone who tried to get you to kill someone as a "vig"; you have no real reason to trust most of us, I imagine.

I suppose I can't expect you not to try to kill farside22, although since she revealed herself yesterday I wonder why you didn't try to kill her last night instead of Muerrto.

Another troubling thought: someone with your capabilities would be quite attractive to a cult recruiter, assuming you haven't been recruited already.
Azimuth wrote:I hesitate to lay these next cards on the table, but here goes: since I agree that at least trying to lynch the cult recruiter is "the thing to do" for today, with lynching any cult member as an acceptable alternative for me, I would focus on farside22 and Lord Gurgi, who have been acting overly chummy since at least Day 2. With LG going after people for talking about the cult, making superficial attacks while hiding behind a restriction, and even accusing Muerrto of being the recruiter out of the blue, I get the notion that any of several lynches would be okay for him, which is consistent with that of a cult member. With farside22 as the other possibility, EK's claim presents problems. I guess it depends on whether we care whether EK wins, and also whether we really trust her motives behind not wanting farside to be lynched. Still, LG's superficial aggressiveness make him more likely than farside to be a recruiter (though it could be someone else).
Azimuth's recent comments toward possibly farside being a recruiter are waranted but they don't show or explain her ever being scummy. His comments toward Gurgi

Basically I think Azimuth is leaving the line of scum hunting and crossing into ad hominem with respect to Gurgi. He should find something actually scummy Gurgi did and talk about that. Not saying Gurgi is ignoring his defence, since I wouldn't say Azimuth has addressed the case on him. Azimuth more so address the person presenting the case on him with poor reasoning which is the esence of ad hominem. Azimuth should show reason to believe Gurgi's restriction is fake like I did. Just don't say "Oh he's hiding behind a restriction". Didn't Azimuth show quite a varying tone earlier with respect to lynching or not lynching those acting silly and those that mentioned roles? I can quote alot of places where he did that if I need too.
Azimuth wrote:Let me correct your other statements as well: in that post I was expressing disapproval of role
revealers
, not fishers. I was initially curious of Iron Man's character (not role),
but I stopped once I realized what I was doing
. It was more trivial pursuit than role fishing, and I wasn't the only one. That's not "I disagree"; that's a refutation. If you don't believe me, you can at least say that, but just repeating the weak argument with nothing else, completely ignoring previous explanations and even describing my initial actions incorrectly, is suspicoius to me,
especially since I know I'm town
Where did you stop going after Ironman on day1? Show me where because I don't believe you ever did. And the statement "especially since I know I'm town", is full on OMGUS. "Oh God I know I'm town and you are attacking me. You suck and must be scum!"

*Wiki definitions for those unfamilar with some stuff I said*
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... the_Person
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Omgus
If you mention you vote being called OMGUS in random stage or outside of it, that does not diminish what it is.

So yay I am highly suspicious of Azimuth being cult or mafia for his treatement of DBE, ironman, and Chenshi primarily on the days they were lynched and also how he reacted to Elvis.

Muerto Notes**

Muerto Firmly voted and expressed how he did not like Darla or Chenshi. For those reasons I don't see him as Mafia. However he had a slight change of heart with respect to seeing a cult and then calling it a red herring. I am not set on calling him a recruiter flat out, but I do see reasons to associat him with being a part of a cult today. I don't think he is mafia because he was firm unlike internet and Azimuth, but I lightly suspect he may be cult so I'd say he be last on suspicion list. I won't vote to lynch him today. Azimuth said worse things about a cult but I will be keeping an eye on him.

He has not acted scummy outside of his cult views so last on the list big time if on the list at all.

And I don't see comments about Muerto like this as being oportunistic because Muerto does not have a wagon right now. Oportunitic in esence of taking advantage of a good opportunity. I see no wagon or opportunity here, Azimuth so Gurgi wasn't taking advantage of anything since he was pretty much first to get on Muerto's case for this actions or any other actions Muerto did.

ImagordanA24 Notes**

Can you say anything further? I have no reason to suspect you as being scum or cult at this time. Jordan is a buddy on mine via mafiascum and its mafia and mishmash games I have played with him. The skill is by no means a harmful skill so I wouldn't be surprised at all if a town Jordan was its original source. But I won't confirm you til I'm certain you are the one i am talking about. Please
come at me with something
further.

OK I am all caught up now. Sorry for giant as hell posting, I hope no one needs eye surgery because of me now.

Suspicion list.
1) Azimuth
2) Internet
Giant gap the size of the Grand Canyon maybe bigger
3) Muerto

@Shaft.ed, can we get a vote count.

I am going to vote Azimuth imediatly after getting the vote count pending how many votes away he is to and from a lynch.
Fos Azimuth
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Fingers point in all directions. You're not really paranoid It's the Mind.

Vote Count:

Azimuth
(5) strappado, Lord Gurgi, farside22
The Internet
(1) TheSweatpantsNinja
killa seven
(1) imaginality
Lord Gurgi
(1) Azimuth

Not Voting:
elvis_knits, Pokerface, killa seven, The Internet, Muerrto

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch or No Lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 am

Post by farside22 »

I win with the town no matter what it looks like. Also Elvis I'm the only person you are looking for to win, however if you read my post targeting me alone will do you no good.
Pretty much PF my top 2 our the same as your top 2. I could see Muertto as cult, but I'm not sure about anyone else.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Mostly agree with PF. Will talk specifics in big post.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:
Fingers point in all directions. You're not really paranoid It's the Mind
Hey didn't you post that video before?

@Farside,
Something just pegged me. I figured out your code here:
farside22 wrote:Elvis states she is looking to kill the wedding party. I stated I am avoiding Sir Lawcelot which is her role. Since you decide to bury yourself and not actually read the game let me enlighten you by showing where I breadcrumb my role.

Here is a bit right before Iron Man was lynched:
farside22 wrote:I'm torn by many things. However i don't think it will matter. Iron man has not helped this game. Don't get me wrong. Even i have had days of being off and on in some game. Will holding up and talking more help this game. I don't see how. Today was more informative for scum then anyone i think. Holding back and waiting for one player is very fustrating. Eventually we need to move this game along and some slackers have hurt this game. i Love this game too much to let slackers hurt this game. Iron man has run and come and is not making any sense. Various roles have i'm sure confused most people. I don't think that iron man needs any more chances to keep us guessing. So with everything that has been discussed and my own suspicious.

vote: iron man
If you look at everything I capitalized you see a hidden message.
I hate to spell it out, but seriously if anyone listens to this guy you are nuts.
And I remembered me and you having a conversation about this earlier.
farside22 wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
farside22 wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I can't force feed everything to you. There be tons of crazy ways to bread crumb things, you would just have to use your imagination and hope we'd be able to figure it out after your death. That's what hiders and weak docs do.
I'm curious to know why you mention roles like the above rather then cop or doc or normal roles that typically bread crumb.
Simple answer. Docs and cops can breadcrumb after and typically do it after since there skills alone won't kill them.

If a hider hides with scum or a weak doc protects scum they are dead usually and therefore can't really breadcrumb after. If spyre drew a kill to him, he would be dead.

A player can choose how to breadcrumb assuming they want to. Telling some one the exact code to use out loud would be bad. I suppose he can choose not to breadcrumb at all if he wants to aswell so with that I'll drop that issue.
That makes no sense, but I'm leaving it alone because I don't think it means anything. I just thought it was a strange comment to make.
Something is not syncing up here. Is this your first game with it and you were just round about refering to other things? Or were you just trying to be inocent about it all?

Is it your only skill? Am i correct in assuming you can't be utilized in an investigated manor in this game, You won't die if you target scum? Is that why you truly did not understand me since there is a type that dies with scum and those that don't?

Considering what it is I think you do, you should be able to answer these questions without fear. Something ain't syncing up if what I think is true is. If you feel I am over stepping my bounds, I may back down. Though if you are claiming what I think you are, then you can't be confirmed as non-recruiter should mass claiming fully occur over just having the scumiest speak up. I haven't found you scummy at all, so I am not trying to accuse you of being one here, but the thought still crossed my mind with respect to how Elvis claimed.

Muerto's view change made me ponder if he was a recruit, but he couldn't have changed over "last night" pending Strappado seeing only the bridge keeper and Lancelot. So I guess Muerto's recent actions just seem off consideringing his play day 3. I'll keep an eye on him nonetheless, but I am certainly not pro let's get rid of muerto today, tonight, or probably even tomorrow.

I see Azimuth as being cult or mafia. I see internet as being cult or mafia and I lean on mafia since he ain't touched on cult much at all. I see Muerto only cult and highly unlikly Mafia with how he acted towards Chenshi and Darla. You don't bus like that. Muerto has a siginifcantly less chance of being an anti-town faction then the other too. Especially since I can't really mention greatly scummy actions he has done either.

Also
shaft.ed wrote:
Fingers point in all directions. You're not really paranoid It's the Mind
Hey didn't you post that... :?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:26 am

Post by The Internet »

Responding here, I have to say that Azimuth now has a spot on my scumlist, maybe not as high a TSPN, but he is higher than muerrto and could concieveably move up. I think I can believe farside's breadcrumbing. As for my alleged vig fishing, I'm sorry but I cannot offer any proof that that was not my intent other than my word. It is valuable to the town to know who the night-kills belong to. Also, when is the massclaim coming. I'll make my analysis of TSPN after the massclaim.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:57 am

Post by farside22 »

PF I never had the role before. I don,t die targeting scum. Should have died when I targeted E.K. Don't understand why I didnt
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well not all of them do die for targeting scum. That part of the role is ambigious on setup. I don't know what faction you should put Elvis in. I guess it would be SK though she ain't hunting the entire town. As far as why you lived it could have been because Elvis was blocked or maybe you were too.

@Farside,

If you were suspicious of Elvis, and you had the potential for death by hiding with you "Hunter" and not with usual scum, then why the heck would you hide with someone you were suspicious of? Sounds like a simple way to shoot yourself in your own foot.

@Internet,

That accusation is more of a possibility than a definate. But you got to look at the fact, you didn't consider SK. You considered only Vig or a pro-town player making the kill of luigi. I often see that as a sign you knew the other kill was scum or mafia generated. Bruce was killed by the spainish inquistion. That was definate, but did anyone know the Spainish Inquisition was mafia? I considered them possibly being an Mafia, SK, or vig if I recall. To be more precise though, were you expecting some specific responce when you brought up suspicions of a vig targeting luigi?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:16 am

Post by The Internet »

The reason I thought Imaginality was killed by the mafia, is because it looked like a typical mafia kill. Imaginality acted very protown, and had a PR(which was mod confirmed and made him and unlikely mafia member), making him a highly probable target for a mafia kill. I was not expecting any specific response.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:52 am

Post by farside22 »

@Farside,
If you were suspicious of Elvis, and you had the potential for death by hiding with you "Hunter" and not with usual scum, then why the heck would you hide with someone you were suspicious of? Sounds like a simple way to shoot yourself in your own foot.
I shared my suspicion that day and left a clue in case I died. I thought why not take a chance and find whoever it was. I guess you could saying instead being hunted I wanted to hunt the hunter sort of speak.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by strappado »

back from camping, lots of unpacking and cleaning to do still, will catch up on what I missed and post asap.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:47 am

Post by Muerrto »

Hmm...I may be ok with claiming now. Not sure yet. Actually, pretty sure I'm ok. I'll think about it today and claim tonight depending on what I decide.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:56 am

Post by strappado »

well, that's kinda weird that your mind changed on it, you seemed pretty dead set against it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, ofcourse. I read and I caught up and I really dont have much to say on what's going on. I'm all for a massclaim right now, I think it'd be easier to go from there at this point.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:14 am

Post by farside22 »

I think voting might get some people (cough Azimuth) to start claiming.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am a little surprised at Muerto too.
PokerFace wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Massclaim(6): PokerFace, Farside, Strappado, Ninja, Internet, Imaginality, Elvis, K7

No Massclaim(1?+): Azimuth

Indifferent(1?-): Gurgi, Muerto*

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll change that pending what muerto makes his final choice.
PokerFace wrote:
Those with "Confirmable" actions not belonging to a recruiter

Other Unique night 1 guy that targeted me**
Machine that goes Bing!**
Bridge Keeper**
Strappado
Killa Seven
PokerFace
Elvis

Those with unconfirmed or yet to be confirmed actions

Muerto
Ninja
Imagordan
Azimuth
Internet
Lord Gurgi
Farside
We can either have people claim based on scumiest to least scumiest, or we can do it by dice rolling. Or we can just have whoever we are lynching claim and let the rest go till later. You guys can post and say which you think is best. I think I still support dice role if massclaiming is done all the way. Otherwise we can have Azimuth claim tonight and go from there pending what Muerto says. I don't think Muerto needs to claim imediatly or first since there is no wagon on him.

@Internet,
in theme games, no kill is typical of any group alignment. How is "poked with a cushion" more typical of a mafia kill than just the phrase slain? And I wouldn't call Bruce mod confirmed. The role may have been posted in Worst role ideas, but it was obviously changed since it was allowed to mess up 3 times and was also a cop.

@Farside,
When you put it like that, I guess your answer does make sence. Especially considering your earlier comments. You obviously didn't know she was hunting just you for the win. You thought she was an SK after all.

Since I forgot to do this earlier...
Vote: Azimuth
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Shoulg list this too.

Those who have not yet
full
claimed

Azimuth
Farside
Gurgi
Imagordan - (Imaginality2 / Jordan)
Internet
Muerto
Ninja
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought Muerrto said he would be modkilled if he claimed.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:28 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:Shoulg list this too.

Those who have not yet
full
claimed

Azimuth
Farside
Gurgi
Imagordan - (Imaginality2 / Jordan)
Internet
Muerto
Ninja
I'm pretty much fully claimed, but dice role is fine or letting azimuth go first (which I think would be fab) then dice role works.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:12 am

Post by strappado »

elvis_knits wrote:I thought Muerrto said he would be modkilled if he claimed.
I think I caused that confusion cuz I thought that's what he meant to. I think he's saying he'll lose his power if he claims it though.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am

Post by The Internet »

I took Imaginality's vote for bruce being counted by the mod and working to be almost as good a confirmation. As for the kill, I thought it was typical of a mafia kill because of the target, not because of the flavor.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Naw I'll be vanilla-ized if I claim(lose all my powers) but yeah I'm not sure my powers are helpful enough to make people keep suspecting me as cult. Altho I
thought
they were earlier before a post but now I'm thinking I'm saving someone else's ass at the expense of my own.

Hm...

Yeah, I'm(or was) the tobacconist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

Even the same video as yours. You had to ask me directly and you never did. I wasn't allowed to claim or even hint(altho I did slip out a couple):
Muerrto wrote:As to Poker: He probably asked for cigs and matches like in the sketch and ended up saying something about going back to his flat bouncy bouncy. Watch the skit.
Muerrto wrote:@PF+K7: One or both of you just soft claimed, the same thing we told IM NOT to do but he did anyway. Can we PLEASE stop having power roles out themselves?

I'm assuming either K7 tracked you/watched Strapp or you're masons(?) but leaning towards the former.
Muerrto wrote:And PF, you got confirmation it was Elvis who replied or it was 'someone' who replied? Also, was it Elvis or a character name? Seems weird Strapp saw characters and you saw Elvis herself.
Muerrto wrote:@PF: As for the cult being a red herring, possibly. You still haven't found a tobacconist? Do you have to ask in thread or does it only work at night? Do you have to direct your question at the right person at night for it to work? Does your PM say anything?
Muerrto wrote:Also, PF, STILL no cigs? Man...
I'm kind of shocked I didn't get a warning for that one.

I know when someone enters the shop(hence the 'who targetted me?' thing) but not WHO entered(hear the bell over the door I spose). I am(or was) NK immune so nyah Elvis and I still don't like the idea of leaving you alive.

I was holding my claim closely till PF got my hints and asked me but he never did and when he said all it did was make HIM win I was like psh well funk dat. I was getting suspiscion for saving your butt.

Anyway, as for the cult, does anyone's PM say 'unrecruitable'? Don't answer in the thread obviously but in ANY cult game there are roles that are recruitable and roles that are not. I still say there's no cult.

So that's it, I'm vanilla. But I didn't see my role doing anything but hurting me anyway so shrug. Sorry PF, I'll bet $ you're town but it didn't really do me any good to stay quiet and get killed for doing so, sooo..yeah. Sorry again :?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

I had planned on checking you tonight regardless of circumstances with you somehow knowing who targets you. You loosing your skills also made me think you were tobacconist. Damn it! Why did you claim? I said you didn't have to. Hell if we had gotten to night all things would have been good and I would have confirmed you tomorrow as non-cult! You weren't being lynched today. I suppose I should not have played my hand like that with Elvis but still I guess i wanted feed back from others on whether our simular yet different conditions looked troublesome. I wanted to see if anyone had reasons to leap at Elvis for being Scum because of what I said. I should have gone with my original plan to fake claim what happens when I get the cigs.

But can you explain this from your second post?
Muerrto wrote:I didn't get a post restriction :cry: and I don't have cigarettes either :cry: I feel so plain.
Also you were invincible in BM's Elemental game.
Muerrto wrote:EBWOP: Oh, and I ran the town in elemental because I knew I was invincible after I had to claim so until I started pulling suspiscion I had no fear (untargetable at night townie). I usually lead the discussion in newbie games as well but here it's not the same case. I'm obviously not invincible(although it'd be nice) and the players here are a bit more seasoned so I'm content running with the pack rather than heading it up. But to say I'm falling behind the pack is false.
So that statement is crap too.

What would have happened to you if I had gotten my cigs and matches?

I know the answer to that last one and the other statements make me wonder if you are lying.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP:
What would have happened to you if I had gotten my cigs and matches?

I "Think" I know the answer to that last one, and the other statements make me wonder if you are lying.

I wanted to get more info on Elvis's potential for being scum with some feed back on our simularities. And you go and make yourself nilla? How does that make you win or make sence? If anything I suspect you more on being scum in general because of the aspects that don't add up. I know for a fact you are a great player. I read a bunch or your newbie games when i was just starting out on MS after I had started playing on IRC.

You doing this feels so out of character for a player like you. Is it just to spite me? Where is your sence of having fun? Did you think I would stop scum hunting and helping the town because I won? I said I would always help the town. I am having trouble imagining a good player like you doing this. You can shake off people suspecting you, can't you? you are Muerto damn it! You are a good player!

I am so frustrated right now. I had no knowledge you'd go vanilla for claiming or else I would have never brought up my search. I didn't even know that I would run out of chances to find the tobaconist, outside of one of us dieing. Alot of things don't add up. I'm going to take a break for awhile before I even look at your answers to all this stuff. This game and my role were so awesome. I never had this much fun in any mafia game before and now it feels like all my fun just got sucked away. I'll be back later.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I ain't mad at you Muerto if you really are the tobacconist. Part of me thinks you aren't for the reasons mentioned still so please answer them. Its just I was having such great fun.

I know you to be a good player. I started to play on IRC. And then I started to play on mafiascum. I learned alot early on by reading your old games. Some of what you said and the general level of play I suspect from a good player like you isn't adding up. I was really glad when you joined this game too.

Now I left believing I have lost all my fun. Or going with my gut on the chance you are scum trying to pass off a lie with the other junk you said. Part of me wanted the answer and the other didn't want the fun to stop. And last part of me thinks you are lying to me. And you trying to or succeeding in lieing would look more like the good player I would expect you to be if you were scum. I need a break from this game for awhile. I'll look at answers and what not later and make a final decision on if you are telling the truth or not..

Regardless I still respect you as a player Muerto. I just don't want to think about certain aspects of this entire mess right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”