Mini 1650: Greatest Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Guyett »

I've run a Greatest Idea game on my other site and one of the guys actually chose an Alien Conspiracy Theorist for a laugh
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 am

Post by copper223 »

I had a somewhat hard time choosing between werewolf cop and werewolf alpha (the werewolf version of mafia godfather), which one would you guys have picked?
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:30 am

Post by prawneater »

Godfather I think. I don't think scum investigation is that important. You can NK randomly and you'll almost always hit something good.
You're not a real lawyer.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Soren »

In post 1380, Dechs Kaison wrote:If I could distract everyone for a moment.

Hey Needful, I told you I'm always right. Well, I was wrong about you, but everything else seems spot on. Not bad for day one reads, don't ya think?

Spoiler:
In post 1156, Dechs Kaison wrote:90% Scum:
NeedfulThings
- Defended WW, made a terrible push on SC, switched gears as soon as there was pressure back on it, and went after the most quiet lurker with nothing but a meta-case. Highly emotional wording, frequent use of hyperbole and general manipulative language. Look at the case he made on me and notice the outright lie in it among other failings.
Whomping Willow
- I feel like I've made my case on him well enough by now, but basically the timing of his transition from doing stuff to trolling us and how it lined up with pressure he received, then his complete non-cooperativeness and not giving a single reason for anything he's done. He's caught scum and he had to govern himself to delay his hanging.

100% Town:
Prawneater
- Newb tell right away, claiming the weak cop because he read a wiki page for how to behave as town.

90%Town:
Copper223 - Always had a town lean to him, but I started feeling this strongly about him after our back and forth.
SovietCrocolisk
- Many little reasons. I like how his second head has been behaving. I can tell his first head is a newbie and was just floundering early, honest mistake. Needful being my primary scum pushing the lynch on him. The way he was on my case even right after I started tearing apart the SC case Needful made. All together, I'm very sure he's town.

Special cases:
Kiwi - He's either town or some kind of survivor. I believe the role he claimed is genuine, but his play matches a survivor better.
Guyett - I really like him. I can tell he's a good player. He knows what questions to ask and who to start asking. His only interactions are with me so far, though, so I don't have enough to read his alignment. I don't like his push on the strategy I know I've used as scum in this setup. Be careful with him, but definitely follow his leads. If he's leading a charge and you hang a townie for it, that's when you should be looking very hard at him. Otherwise, listen to this guy.

Town lean:
Soren
- Seems rather inexperienced, but genuine in attempts to participate, learn, and find scum. Tends to be weak on the mechanics and makes incorrect assumptions at times, but the intent is good. Poor results from Soren (unlike from Guyette) just imply incompetence, not manipulation.

Ika
I can't say anything about. No posts and no response to our pressure. It's unsettling, but I don't think there's reason to say Ika is more likely scum than town, just totally inactive.
Kaboose's posts have been short and few between. I can't be sure one way or the other.
Kitty I haven't been paying attention to. We haven't had a lot of interaction. No read.
Guile
is a combo of Kitty and Kaboose reasons for not having a read.

I like how you cut copper out of this.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:08 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I had the right number of scumreads, Jingle.

HA!
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:12 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Admittedly, I had you all on different teams. But I had Kitty with mollie. Dechs with copper.

In post 74, TellTaleHeart wrote:1) copper223 - Scum
2) Dechs Kaison - Scum
3) Diego1487 - Light town
4) Kaboose - Light town
5) KittyCupCake - Scum
6) kiwieagle- Town
7) guille2015- Light town
9) Pirate Ika (Hydra of pirate mollie & ika) - Scum
10) prawneater- Town
11) Soren- Light town
12) Soviet Crocolisk (Hydra)- Scum
13) Whomping Willow- Town

Only ones I missed were Whomping and Kaboose. Ack! >:(
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:15 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1395, Zaicon wrote:guille2015 roleblocks KittyCupCake.
NeedfulThings tracks KittyCupCake.
Soren sniffs out KittyCupCake.

*Whistles*
Kitty, you're popular. ;)
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:17 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I just noticed that we lynched scum every day and still lost. :(
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:23 am

Post by prawneater »

In post 1080, Guyett wrote:The fact you didn't choose the discard indicates you are using the unique card as your alignment.

This means you are either {Survivor, Underdog, Saulus or Judas}

Now that the game is over, I thought this post was super weird. I don't think it helps town so much. It helps DK way more as it gives him a list of credible claims. I think it would have been better to let DK make up his claim first.
You're not a real lawyer.
Faustbyte
Faustbyte
Goon
Faustbyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Faustbyte »

Lol this game
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Guyett »

He was already essentially claiming one of those 4 options
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Faustbyte
Faustbyte
Goon
Faustbyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Faustbyte »

In post 1400, Dechs Kaison wrote:I really wanted to have some kind of role, but I got only vanilla cards.

Underdog seemed strictly worse than Town, but it was ten times more interesting.

In post 1409, Dechs Kaison wrote:I was so tricky because even I didn't know what my alignment was.

You managed to trick yourself!
Faustbyte
Faustbyte
Goon
Faustbyte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Faustbyte »

In post 1430, TellTaleHeart wrote:Admittedly, I had you all on different teams. But I had Kitty with mollie. Dechs with copper.

In post 74, TellTaleHeart wrote:1) copper223 - Scum
2) Dechs Kaison - Scum
3) Diego1487 - Light town
4) Kaboose - Light town
5) KittyCupCake - Scum
6) kiwieagle- Town
7) guille2015- Light town
9) Pirate Ika (Hydra of pirate mollie & ika) - Scum
10) prawneater- Town
11) Soren- Light town
12) Soviet Crocolisk (Hydra)- Scum
13) Whomping Willow- Town

Only ones I missed were Whomping and Kaboose. Ack! >:(

Except I wasn't scum ;)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:03 am

Post by ika »

i was never given a PT so i was going to be 100% sk like
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 1430, TellTaleHeart wrote:Admittedly, I had you all on different teams. But I had Kitty with mollie. Dechs with copper.

But that's just the thing. I was town on the first day. I wanted to hang scum.
do noT attempt to read tHis mEssaGe, And believe Me, it is not a codE.

VictorDeAngelo: "Frankly Dechs I'm not listening to any of your reads. And if you flip town I'm simply going to blacklist you in the future."
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 1433, prawneater wrote:
In post 1080, Guyett wrote:The fact you didn't choose the discard indicates you are using the unique card as your alignment.

This means you are either {Survivor, Underdog, Saulus or Judas}

Now that the game is over, I thought this post was super weird. I don't think it helps town so much. It helps DK way more as it gives him a list of credible claims. I think it would have been better to let DK make up his claim first.

I already knew exactly what he said. Hell, pages before I GAVE you guys this list of things I could be.

I was going to claim Judas unless we lynched Town day one, then I'd have come out and claimed Underdog.

VictorDeAngelo: "Frankly Dechs I'm not listening to any of your reads. And if you flip town I'm simply going to blacklist you in the future."
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 1428, Soren wrote:
In post 1380, Dechs Kaison wrote:If I could distract everyone for a moment.

Hey Needful, I told you I'm always right. Well, I was wrong about you, but everything else seems spot on. Not bad for day one reads, don't ya think?

Spoiler:
In post 1156, Dechs Kaison wrote:90% Scum:
NeedfulThings
- Defended WW, made a terrible push on SC, switched gears as soon as there was pressure back on it, and went after the most quiet lurker with nothing but a meta-case. Highly emotional wording, frequent use of hyperbole and general manipulative language. Look at the case he made on me and notice the outright lie in it among other failings.
Whomping Willow
- I feel like I've made my case on him well enough by now, but basically the timing of his transition from doing stuff to trolling us and how it lined up with pressure he received, then his complete non-cooperativeness and not giving a single reason for anything he's done. He's caught scum and he had to govern himself to delay his hanging.

100% Town:
Prawneater
- Newb tell right away, claiming the weak cop because he read a wiki page for how to behave as town.

90%Town:
Copper223 - Always had a town lean to him, but I started feeling this strongly about him after our back and forth.
SovietCrocolisk
- Many little reasons. I like how his second head has been behaving. I can tell his first head is a newbie and was just floundering early, honest mistake. Needful being my primary scum pushing the lynch on him. The way he was on my case even right after I started tearing apart the SC case Needful made. All together, I'm very sure he's town.

Special cases:
Kiwi - He's either town or some kind of survivor. I believe the role he claimed is genuine, but his play matches a survivor better.
Guyett - I really like him. I can tell he's a good player. He knows what questions to ask and who to start asking. His only interactions are with me so far, though, so I don't have enough to read his alignment. I don't like his push on the strategy I know I've used as scum in this setup. Be careful with him, but definitely follow his leads. If he's leading a charge and you hang a townie for it, that's when you should be looking very hard at him. Otherwise, listen to this guy.

Town lean:
Soren
- Seems rather inexperienced, but genuine in attempts to participate, learn, and find scum. Tends to be weak on the mechanics and makes incorrect assumptions at times, but the intent is good. Poor results from Soren (unlike from Guyette) just imply incompetence, not manipulation.

Ika
I can't say anything about. No posts and no response to our pressure. It's unsettling, but I don't think there's reason to say Ika is more likely scum than town, just totally inactive.
Kaboose's posts have been short and few between. I can't be sure one way or the other.
Kitty I haven't been paying attention to. We haven't had a lot of interaction. No read.
Guile
is a combo of Kitty and Kaboose reasons for not having a read.

I like how you cut copper out of this.

Well, yeah, that's before the game had ended. Couldn't actually out my teammates, could I?

But yes, Copper had me fooled. Speaks good on him.
Needful did, too. Speaks poorly for them.

My point was, Needful and I were arguing about two people in particular, SC and WW. I was right on both.

Two out of two, sucker!

Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Dechs Kaison »

In post 1402, Dechs Kaison wrote:Yeah. This game was anything but balanced. Town lynched threats all three days.

In post 1432, TellTaleHeart wrote:I just noticed that we lynched scum every day and still lost. :(

Even now you're late to the punch.

HA!

Soviet Crocolisk
Soviet Crocolisk
Goon
Soviet Crocolisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Soviet Crocolisk »

Seeing Gravedigger in our Role Distribution PM made my heart stop.

At least Psych could've had an impact (if we chose KCC instead of kiwi) I guess. Would've liked some kind of killing role but that was up to RNJesus.
Whomping Willow: I am Tree.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 am

Post by copper223 »

7-6 with 3 KP is bound to be very swingy, it could have easily gone pear-shaped for scum if we started killing each other off but we managed to control the kills from D2 after getting lucky with the N1 lottery.

The key moments for us after that were Soren outing himself because he couldn't get in his check D2, figuring out that Guyett was claiming a NK immune role and finally that Kitty was bluffing about killing Soren.

@TTH
Quite a few correct reads but based on wrong assumptions, WW was scum, Dechs played as town D1 and we were not teammates at the time, I think outing as tracker was a mistake cause the idea was to discredit you, not lynch you, I don't think that would have happened.

@All
I had more or less a good idea about everyone minus KittyCupCake, Soviet, Needful before the tracker claim and Dechs, I thought Kitty was town, I thought Soviet might have been scum until the other 2 heads started talking, then not so much, and I thought Needful might be mafia with Whomping after I started re-evaluating Soviet and before TTH claimed tracker, Dechs I also had down as town until he outed himself as third party, then all 4 roles were equally likely and I was too busy trying to figure out if the pirates were savable to worry about him much, funny that nobody called me out on that, I thought it was super obvious how I bs backpedalled on that read, I was kind of annoyed with myself for it.
Soviet Crocolisk
Soviet Crocolisk
Goon
Soviet Crocolisk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Soviet Crocolisk »

copper223 wrote:I thought it was super obvious how I bs backpedalled on that read

Now that I go back to it.. I'm mad at myself for not noticing that.
Whomping Willow: I am Tree.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1441, Dechs Kaison wrote:My point was, Needful and I were arguing about two people in particular, SC and WW. I was right on both.

...and Pirate Ika?
Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Dechs Kaison »

We agreed on that one. I voted, remember? I just don't like relying so hard on a meta case and there literally was nothing to analyze in PI's posting.

Dechs Kaison
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Dechs Kaison
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Dechs Kaison »

Out of players to actually analyze content on: I was two for two.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1448, Dechs Kaison wrote:Out of players to actually analyze content on: I was two for two.

And given that we correctly caught you as scum, that means shit.

Take the win with grace, stop bragging, and remain likable. Don't be a douche.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”