BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1424, havingfitz wrote:BBmolla was a detriment to town.

Besides misvoting to lose when I wanted to no lynch/lynch Kimor but couldn't because no one was fucking doing anything period, how was I a detriment?

Is it cause I didn't bitch enough about Robert getting lynched when I said he was town multiple times?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:36 am

Post by TheTrollie »

most of my thoughts are in the dead QT.

I thought town let scum get away with way too much. I am unsure of why everyone let the axxle claim go without at least unvoting or considering its truthhood.

cooldog, having for some reason vigged me, should have realized mastin's claim was legit. Do not understand how that happened.
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:47 am

Post by UberNinja »

Still don't know how I had a hider guilty on me, and I was still able to get a lynch on a claimed doctor with a cop innocent on him. That was just ... 0_0
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 am

Post by redtail896 »

Bah. Sorry about being so absent D3. I should've gone with my gut.

Axxle: Why didn't you just claim at the start of day. I would've completely believed you then, but the delay made me suspicious. Sorry for doubting you.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Kimor
Kimor
Goon
Kimor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 am

Post by Kimor »

In post 1425, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1424, havingfitz wrote:BBmolla was a detriment to town.

Besides misvoting to lose when I wanted to no lynch/lynch Kimor but couldn't because no one was fucking doing anything period, how was I a detriment?

Is it cause I didn't bitch enough about Robert getting lynched when I said he was town multiple times?

You were a detriment because you failed to explain your reads. You can be right all day long, but if you can't explain why, then there's no reason for anybody to follow you. You say that you can't explain gut, and that's fine...but you will always be detrimental to the town unless you learn how to.
Zvarri! The truth has once again been elegantly revealed to me!

Formerly known as Netopalis.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

Post by UberNinja »

It's pretty much that you:

1. Weren't active enough
2. Weren't convincing enough
3. Still have that defeatist attitude

:(
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I misjudged UN, he is, in fact, a very enjoyable person to play with in game. Looking forward to playing with you again!

This game further submits that I really need to take a look at my town game and re-evaluate how I should play mafia as town.
after a wank.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

By lynching hider guilties.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by UberNinja »

It was a pleasure playing with you as well, Cooldog. <3

p-edit LOL AP </3
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Un, you so crazy. Only you could get out of the hider guilty. And if I weer your buddy I would have bussed the shit out of you >.>
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

It was so mind blowing seeing Trollie post about UN needing death and more death and then die. Like OBVIOUSLY he was targeted for that reason. And its not like my vrumbs were ambiguous. I was raging so hard when Matin just started throwing out different suggestions about who I targeted. It was like, really?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:32 am

Post by mastin2 »

BBmolla, WTF

CooLDoG, WTF
My sentiments exactly. :P

I did everything in my power to stop my lynch. I wasn't absolutely convinced of my reads, but as my last post in my QT said, had I voted for anybody, it was going to be UN.

See here, last post. And that feeling got stronger over the weekend--that if the game were somehow not over with my lynch, that I'd vote UN.

AP wrote:Mastin, what the FUCK? Why would I target Trollie???
I wasn't the guy strongest pushing that; look at the posts today. It was the scum mostly pushing that theory. :P
It was a possibility, but not a probability.

BBM wrote:Seriously the options were no lynch or lynch mastin and for some reason mastin is still pushing this UN lynch which I've shown clearly I wasn't going to do.
Except, he was scum, and I wasn't pushing a UN lynch. I was pushing him as my prime suspect, but I coulda lynched any of the four, but most likely would not have gone after Axxle, thanks to scum motive (rather, lack of it). You voted Kimor--AND I WAS WILLING TO SUPPORT THAT. I wasn't sure of my read, yeah; my doubt got the better of me. But had you pushed Kimor (rather than just laying down a vote and lurking), I would have gone along with it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1436, mastin2 wrote:It was a possibility, but not a probability.

Nope. My crumbs were very clear. Its actually unreal that Axxles was the only one pushing them.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1327, mastin2 wrote:Really. The case against me boils down to:
"You're scum!" Why?
"You are. That's why!" Except, I'm not, and this is why I'm not. *long list of reasons*
"I don't have to answer that, because you're scum!" Really, now? Then what about the innocent on me?
"Godfather!" To counter a one-shot role?!?
"Axxle's your scumbuddy!" So why are you voting me, when your whole case relies on Axxle being scum?
"Because you're confirmed scum!"
Why
am I confirmed scum?
"Because your claim is bullshit!"
What
in my claim is bullshit?
"It's bullshit." Again, why?
"Because you're scum, that's why!"

This is not at all an inaccurate description of the case against me. :P
I still stand by this. The case on me was entirely subjective and illogical. I hammered in point after point after point, to be ignored by everyone.

Okay, so fitz did try to counter a few of my points, but his efforts weren't very convincing.

The case on me being town was as objective as can be, and despite UN's claims to the contrary, I am
not
that
airtight a scum player. I can't fakeclaim worth a damn. :P

And the cases I had started weren't even addressed. Fitz just pushed them away for there not having been a started Kimor case, but nobody looked at what I DID have. It was looking at my own dang case which was helping me reconvince myself in my scumreads. As I said, had the game not been over when I returned from the weekend, my reads woulda been solidified, at least when it came to UN and probably fitz. (Kimor going after Axxle was actually one of the smartest moves the scumteam could have done, 'cause had it not been for derp-BBM-voting, the scum couldn't hammer me. And it made a
lot
more sense to go after Axxle than me.)

One weekend can make all the difference between victory and defeat. I was gaining my conviction back over the weekend. I was reconvincing myself that I hadn't gone wrong in calling out the scumteam that I had, that it WAS correct. And had I done so, I would have re-opened my case (I still have that tab open where I was working on it), and hammered in my offense. (My defense was about as rock-solid as I could get.) I would have hammered in all the interactions, all the things Slandaar and Trollie were saying, all things pointing to AP's hide-behind-UN. I would have pointed out their staying on me rather than switching to Axxle more than I already had. (Though that said, UN not switching was smart, since it was one of the main things making me hesitate on calling Axxle town. Ultimately, I would have; see also, how I was reconvincing myself I wasn't wrong and how Axxle had no scum motive for his claim.) How they were desperate to force the lynch through on me.

I have nobody to blame but myself that it took me that long, that by the time I had re-gathered myself, it was too late, though ultimately, with BBM refusing to play the game, and Cooldog not even remotely listening to what I was saying, it almost certainly wouldn't have made a difference. :P A strong offense does no good if the offense is altogether ignored. I'd already made the more concise points for why they were scum, and those weren't enough; I had already made the concise points for why I wasn't scum, and that wasn't enough, so the strong offense wouldn't have done much, considering how little the strong defense did.

This game
is
proof of why my belief in NK-analysis is justified, though. When I was a newb, the scum couldn't get away with killing the people largest suspicious of them. Now, as this game proves, they most certainly can. I was right in almost every single point I was making on d3.

All-in-all, I don't really think I coulda done much better than I did. The FP mislynch, while my fault, helped steer me in the right direction. AP's play during the second half of d2 along with Kimor's play at the same time got me where I needed to be, getting RM out of my scumlist, getting AP out of my scumlist, and putting in their place the (correct!) Kimor-UN scumteam. With fitz in both. (And Axxle, since Axxle played a lot like I'd expect scum to, and he had plenty of interactions with the other three. It wasn't 'til d3 that I had any reason to think him town.)

So really, it was AP who I owed the most to. He turned me from thinking him and RM to be scum, into where I needed to go. It's just that it wasn't enough, because I didn't drive it hard enough. Guess that's my largest mistake this game: I never went hard enough. I pushed, and I pushed hard, but I didn't push as much as I needed to push. All the scum were off the d1 lynch; I felt it, and I needed to push that. All the scum were ON the d2 lynch; I knew it, and that lynch was
horrendously
scumdriven, but I didn't push it hard enough. The push on d3 was horribly scumdriven, yet I didn't hammer that home hard enough. I can't really say, though, that if I were to play this game again, I'd do so differently.

In
this
game, me not having conviction was a weakness for the latter half. However, the
first
half of the game is proof of why having conviction isn't always a good idea, since my absolute belief in FP got an all-town mislynch d1, and my absolute belief in AP-RM could have easily cost the town the game. Hence, why I don't think I'd do this game much differently than I did.

Guess this just means that I need to change my approach. Be willing to change early-on and solidify myself later-on, rather than solidifying myself early-on only to doubt myself later-on. So maybe that's what I'd have done differently. It's a good learning exercise, though, and I've got a few MD posts to make about this game. :P

AP wrote:My crumbs were very clear. Its actually unreal that Axxles was the only one pushing them.
Like I said above--I was getting more and more convinced that you did hide behind UN, but like it or not, it
was
possible you hid elsewhere. Your posting over the course of d2 was, after all, quite...shall we say...not solidified. Near the end, it was beginning to get solid, but that's one of the reasons why the RM mislynch was bad: because it cut off discussion, preventing you from having further solidified them. It was
possible
you hid behind Axxle, but I was beginning to rule that out. It was
possible
you hid behind Trollie, but I didn't think you did. It was
possible
you hid behind Kimor, and this was the most likely alternative to the
probability
that you hid behind UN. I was getting more and more convinced of said probability, but like it or not, it was just that--a very strong probability, not a certainty.

That said, you're right. I shoulda pushed it harder, myself. And because I was becoming more and more certain of it, I should have made that explicit, and it's my fault for having failed to do so.
My academy.
Agnigi
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:57 am

Post by UberNinja »

You should link to your two MD threads from here, Mastin.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nightkills,
Doctors,
Along with posts in
One-shot powers, and
A post about VCA. (That's the most recent thread talking about it, but I easily could have put it in another recent thread.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also,
scum QT wrote:Like cop. Doc. Vig.
:lol:
My academy.
Agnigi
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by havingfitz »

mastin....I think you played great. Whether any points or counter points I made to any of your points made sense or not is lost on the fact that you were operating for the purposes of truth and goodness while mine were falsehoods or distortions for the purposes of evil :twisted:

I totally ignored any points that were really good (like AP obviously hiding behind UN).

:mrgreen:

Whether my points gave the other town hesitation I don't know. I'm just happy with the end result.

Cheers
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Axxle »

In post 1417, UberNinja wrote:And Axxle, I feel terrible.

No apologies, you played incredibly well especially after AP threw that guilty on you.

Some of the town though :?

My early town play left something to be desired as well. I think I had fitz and UN as obvtown on day one, and was fighting the Pine lynch for a long time.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”