Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Palmar, what have I done that has been "retarded"? How weird played his role is irrelevant to the task at hand...which is finding the last scum. No point in talking more about it right now.

And Beck doing "the least retarded things" is why he's CLEAR to you??? If I'm saying someone is "clear" on a mylo/lylo situation there sure as hell be better evidence than that Palmar.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

Post by weirdbeard »

Question to all of you: How likely do you find Palmar to be scum? I'd be interested to hear all your thoughts.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1426, weirdbeard wrote:Question to all of you: How likely do you find Palmar to be scum? I'd be interested to hear all your thoughts.

It's possible, he seemed to peg both of those guys with little evidence but if he is scum, that's such a
risky
stupid move as scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Scumhunter »

~50% chance Palmar is scum. Maybe slightly more. I'm heavily conflicted because I thought both Palmar and Beck were very likely (90%) town yesterday. The main thing that has me leaning ever so slightly on Palmar scum is that his play is erratic and hard to understand his motivations at times.
Show
-----
-----
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 am

Post by weirdbeard »

In post 1427, Beck wrote:
In post 1426, weirdbeard wrote:Question to all of you: How likely do you find Palmar to be scum? I'd be interested to hear all your thoughts.

It's possible, he seemed to peg both of those guys with little evidence but if he is scum, that's such a
risky
stupid move as scum.

You're mirroring my thoughts almost exactly. Palmar's actions don't make a whole lot of sense as scum. But he's increasingly striking me as the kind of guy who might make a move like that as scum-sided ANYWAY.
Palmar
Palmar
Goon
Palmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Palmar »

I like that plan, it would be fittingly dumb to end this game.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Palmar, how about instead of insulting people, you answer my question...Why do you consider Beck clear?
Show
-----
-----
Palmar
Palmar
Goon
Palmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Palmar »

I have no interest in discussing it further.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Well then Palmar, aren't you a beacon of helpfulness. Since you can't come up with a reason why you consider one of the two plausible suspects (Me and Beck) from your pov to be "clear", I'm just going to assume you are scum talking out of your ass until you prove otherwise.
Show
-----
-----
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by monk »

Vote Count 5.2

Weirdbeard (1) - Palmar

Not Voting (3) - Beck, Weirdbeard, Scumhunter
With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 am

Post by weirdbeard »

I don't see how your play right now is any better than Draken's was, Palmar. Just saying.
Palmar
Palmar
Goon
Palmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Palmar »

Yes, our chances of actually winning this game got destroyed by a terrible day 1 lynch, and some asshole with a guilty check who didn't push his reads day 2.

Now we're basically left up to chance on who to kill, because aside from myself, you three have all derped on your early game reads.

that votecount is wrong btw, I already voted scumhunter, but I can do it again if missing the unvote is important.

Unvote: weirdbeard
Vote: Scumhunter

Interesting fact: Even if we win by killing scumhunter, we're still doing the wrong play. The only logical play is to kill WB because his claim doesn't fit. But then again, the only logical thing was to kill Draken because it's impossible to be so bad, yet he was.

Beck is basically cheating anyway, he asked the mod to replace Johman on day 1, something that should have been done through PMs. I guess it's not against this site's rules. Ignoring his alignment (which could well be scum, if I hadn't witnessed a bunch of people doing it, I wouldn't think any townie should be dumb enough to go after TSG and unvoting 2b1s on day 1), it's basically using the mods to influence people's reads on him. Possibly scum, but hey, let's just roll with it.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Beck »

Asking the mod to replace a player acting like an asshat is cheating? Lol not even close. He was basically going off the deep end, had to be warned at least twice. It was going to be him or me that replaced out, I didn't feel like it had to be me. That fight btw probably clears you btw, that looked too real to be staged. But that's really I have to hang my hat on.

If you are scum, GG cause that fight was a nice ploy, but i think you are town.

I do think weird should have pushed harder on Johman if he really had a guilty on him, I need to re-read that day to see how much pressure he put on johog.

I have played with weird where he was a PR, he sucks at hinting who he used his role on, so i have to keep that in mind.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:44 am

Post by weirdbeard »

That day was just weird. When Palmar claimed cop on Johman I figured it was probably bullshit, but I thought it would effectively get scum lynched for free so it didn't matter. I was going to fence-sit, see what Johman did and if it looked like he was going to push a lynch on someone, or was hardcore defending someone, I would have outed the guilty. However, the wagon moved to Delta, who I thought was scum anyway. So FMPOV it was "Someone I think is scum will probably be lynched today, tonight I vig-shot Johman, giving town the necessary info from his flip anyway and I'll probably still be alive to use my tracker investigation if I do this." Sure, it's not the standard play for a guilty on this site, but in my experience, whenever I collar scum (even as a VT) and get them lynched, I die that night. Even if I'd hardcore pushed on Johman, I was more interested in finding the OTHER scum in the day-phase. Besides which, noone was listening to me anyway.
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:50 am

Post by weirdbeard »

Also, fuck this. Palmar is NOT scum. Even considering that he seems like the kind of guy who'd hardcore bus, he would NOT fakeclaim cop on day 2 if he was scum. If he was scum, he'd be risking a CC. His actions that day very much look to me like the actions of someone who REALLY thinks they've caught scum and is just frustrated that noone is listening to them. (And trust me, I know how that one feels). The retract looks more like someone who isn't 100% sure (as no vanilla townie ever is) and is worried that they might end up causing the town to mislynch twice if they're wrong.

So I'd also like to rule Palmar out, putting it between Beck and Scumhunter. GG to you, Palmar, if this is a scum gambit.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Beck »

I don't know enough about palmar to say I don't think he would not fake claim cop with guilty, but it's possible. I've seen stupid things happen before. Like both scum claiming cop lol

vote scumhunter

Setup dictates weird is probably clear, so it's me or scum and it sure isn't me.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Scumhunter »

weird, but Palmar's cop claim was not believed by anyone even for an instant. I don't think anyone believed Palmar was cop ever. I don't see why logically a scum would claim cop with a guilty on a partner, but Palmar's play has been far from logical for much of the game. I get why you'd think he's town but at the same time at some point we need to expect him to use some logic.

What really is confusing me here is that Palmar has spend the majority of the game insulting the play of others and calling it bad. Combine that with a refusal to answer simple questions like "why do you consider one of your suspects" clear and there is a ridiculously large disconnect between his stated desire for us to "play better" and his own play which has been downright putrid at times if he is town
Show
-----
-----
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Beck »

I actually believed the claim, I felt he played being a cop perfectly. He wasn't a threat to mafia day 1 cause nobody was listening to him. But I'm usually going to beleive a claim from somebody, unless I think they are scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 am

Post by weirdbeard »

Just poking my head in here to prove I can't be the last scum. No quickhammer from me.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Beck »

Weird, I'm on my phone. Can you tell me what your abilities were and who you used them on?

Not sure I can find it on my phone right now.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:16 am

Post by weirdbeard »

Cop - Johman, Night 1
Vigilante - Johman, Night 2
Tracker - Bvoigt, Night 3
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Beck »

Ok, thanks.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Alright, well one of Beck/Palmar is officially scum now. If I do end up getting lynched I'll just say Beck better be scum because if we let Palmar win as scum here after the way he's played I'm going to vomit.

Beck I find your reasoning for voting me to pretty weak here =/ Gah. I'm going to reread the game in its entirety this evening and post my thoughts.
Show
-----
-----
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Beck »

My reasoning is the blatant buddying, lack of scum hunting from you, and process of elimination.

Is that really weak? I don't think so.

I'm in the same boat, if palmar is scum, he deserves this win. I really don't think this game is balanced with just 2 roles so weird has to be telling the truth.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Scumhunter »

In post 1444, Beck wrote:Weird, I'm on my phone. Can you tell me what your abilities were and who you used them on?

Not sure I can find it on my phone right now.

Why did you want to know this. I don't see how that's relevant at all if you think I'm scum...

-"Blatant Buddying": I've explained how this makes plenty of sense as town. Town buddy town all the time. It's called gathering trust and forming a town alliance. I've also explained how my "buddying" to you was for the purpose of reinforcing the tone of my posts.
-"Lack of scumhunting": I disagree. I was unsure of myself day 1, but since I've been doing my best to find scum.
-"Process of elimination": Sure. I don't see how you have eliminated Palmar as a suspect though.

I disagree that Palmar deserves the win as scum. Scum never deserve to win unless town lets them.

@Beck/Palmar, one of you is town and terribly wrong about me. One of you needs to wake the fuck up before we lose this game.
Show
-----
-----

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”