Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Natirasha »

SensFan wrote:
armlx wrote:To be honest, if Jebus had been a Neighbor not a Mason, its extremely likely I would have voted crywolf just based on role name. This is a meta issue that should probably be discussed.
Pretty much hits the nail on the head. "Neighbour" seems to mean "At least 1 is Scum".
I just prefer the term "Unconfirmed Mason".
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

i prefer when people look at past games when making a crucial endgame decision to see that the precedent has been set for scum masons before they blindly rely on a role name to confirm that a player just can´t possibly be scum.

i still like you armlx, i´m just very, very bitter.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:24 am

Post by SensFan »

Natirasha wrote:
SensFan wrote:
armlx wrote:To be honest, if Jebus had been a Neighbor not a Mason, its extremely likely I would have voted crywolf just based on role name. This is a meta issue that should probably be discussed.
Pretty much hits the nail on the head. "Neighbour" seems to mean "At least 1 is Scum".
I just prefer the term "Unconfirmed Mason".
Also about 80% chance of having a Scum in there.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

hmmm... the word mason shouldnt make it auto confirmed. I did touch on that in at least one of the posts I made earlier. Unconfirmed masons means nothing or shouldnt do.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by roflcopter »

fwiw, i like the setup, its just a real bummer that the game was decided based on semantics instead of play

i did have issues with the modding though, especially the lack of timely prods/replacements. the town got severely screwed by the amount of time sineish´s player slot spent in limbo.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Caboose »

...or we could just forget that the role "Scum Mason" ever existed and not use it again.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:
...or we could just forget that the role "Scum Mason" ever existed and not use it again.
Are you bothering to read the PMs, or what I have posted. It was very clear in the role PM that innocence had nothing to do with it - you're the ones who hammered him before he claimed.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Matt_S »

SensFan wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Are you bothering to read the PMs, or what I have posted. It was very clear in the role PM that innocence had nothing to do with it - you're the ones who hammered him before he claimed.
Actually, it was a deadline lynch, so there wasn't really a hammer. That's not really important, but I just want to remind people of the circumstances.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Post by Elmo »

Ah, I didn't know that about the neighbour meta. The problem still exists that Jebus could have been killed off e.g. night 1, but the trade-off makes more sense to me. The role PM was perfectly clear to me.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

Matt_S wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Actually, it was a deadline lynch, so there wasn't really a hammer. That's not really important, but I just want to remind people of the circumstances.
It was still a lynch, by the Town. Nothing I can do about that as a mod.

Elmo, yes, the Mason could have been NightKilled. Any Scum making a kill had twice as high a chance of being killed than of hitting the Town Mason, though...
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by qwints »

Armlx had to choose whether it was more likely that rofl was scum investigated by a naive cop or crywolf was a scum mason. That's not an easy choice to make and I don't blame him for making a mistake.

This game should be read as a case study on how lurking hurts the town.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

if i had been in that scum group jebus would have been a dead duck at the first opportunity. him saying something about the role pm not being specific on alignment was the only way to unconfirm the mason before endgame.
soi soi soi

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Caboose »

^This is true.
But then you have to worry about the SK...
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Even a true artist does not always produce a last post.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”