Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

No, I have to kill farside to win.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

oops got simul posted there. And yes I did just read your last post immedatly before this one.

@Elvis,
question 3
If Farside does not die and is instead endgamed by the scum, do you win?

I suspect that if SpyreX knew he was a role attractor he would not have reffered to himself as a limited lightning rod. So your pm not mentioning Hunter anywhere is not a problem. Lord knows how Shaft.ed truly refers to your type of role he might not call it Hunter. That is only what I myself have seen a very simular role called once before.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
@Elvis,
question 3
If Farside does not die and is instead endgamed by the scum, do you win?
I don't think I would win if scum kill her. I think I have to kill her.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:31 am

Post by The Internet »

PokerFace, I see your point in random claim order, though I have a question. Will we have to wait our turn to counterclaim?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 am

Post by The Internet »

Crap, double post (forgot to talk about EK's roles). Ek's role sound rather plausible, and I'm inclined to believe him. However, I'll wait for Farsides calim (as part of the massclaim) to decide.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Azimuth »

@elvis_knits, are you required to kill someone (or target them for killing) every night, or do you have the option of killing nobody?
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I have the option of killing every night. It is not required.
Talk nerdy to me.

Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Azimuth »

elvis_knits wrote:I have the option of killing every night. It is not required.
In that case, if I were you I would not try to kill anyone else, if it doesn't fit the win condition. I would even be suspicious of anyone who tried to get you to kill someone as a "vig"; you have no real reason to trust most of us, I imagine.

I suppose I can't expect you not to try to kill farside22, although since she revealed herself yesterday I wonder why you didn't try to kill her last night instead of Muerrto.

Another troubling thought: someone with your capabilities would be quite attractive to a cult recruiter, assuming you haven't been recruited already.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Why are you so hung up on the cult Azimuth?

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by strappado »

I dont know how cults work, if they can day talk or night talk or communicate with eachother...but Azimuth, your post totally sounded like "Hey, cult buddies, recruit Elvis Knits" ... what's up with that? If they hadn't thought of it before, they certainly have now. Glad to know you have the cult's back...what about the towns?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

<<Posting from neighbors computer.

My computer's hard drive is a piece of shit right now. Gonna try to fix it. V/la until further notice. I should still be able to post at work, but I'm off there until tuesday with labor day weekend. Will get back up to speed on things as soon as I can. later
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Azimuth is dropping so many scum tells. It is ridiculous.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Azimuth »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Why are you so hung up on the cult Azimuth?
The cult is
among
the things I am mentioning because, if it exists, it poses a more immediate threat than the mafia. Why are you against talking about the possibility of a cult? Is there a reason you wish to keep it out of the conversation? Further, why do you single me out as someone "hung up" on the cult, since I'm hardly the only one talking about it and it's hardly the only thing I'm talking about?
Lord Gurgi wrote:Azimuth is dropping so many scum tells. It is ridiculous.
:roll: And how convenient that you can't list them because of your restriction, beyond hanging on to the weak arguments you made oh so long ago. You certainly seem "hung up" on me; I'm beginning to suspect why.

@strappado: I imagine the cult (if it exists) isn't stupid. From the moment elvis_knits typed the words "use me as a vig" that particular cat was out of the bag. I brought it up because I'm conflicted about the wisdom of keeping her alive much longer...hence "troubling." I'd like to hear her answer about her Night 3 choice before saying much more about it.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Stop discounting me because I have a PR, I vote.

Albatross!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Azimuth wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I have the option of killing every night. It is not required.
In that case, if I were you I would not try to kill anyone else, if it doesn't fit the win condition. I would even be suspicious of anyone who tried to get you to kill someone as a "vig"; you have no real reason to trust most of us, I imagine.

I suppose I can't expect you not to try to kill farside22, although since she revealed herself yesterday I wonder why you didn't try to kill her last night instead of Muerrto.

Another troubling thought: someone with your capabilities would be quite attractive to a cult recruiter, assuming you haven't been recruited already.
I didn't try to kill farside last night because of a few reasons. 1)She said "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger" which made me think that going after her directly might be bad for me. 2) I felt like she had the wrong idea about me, as she was saying she is looking for an SK. I'm not really an SK. I only need to kill the wedding party, and I can win with other groups. 3)Until I learned more about farside, I figured I would keep bumping off people I thought were anti-town or a threat to me.

One of the reasons I am volunteering to keep using my ability according to the "town's" wishes is because I thought this might make mafia/cult refrain from killing me if they think they have a chance of manipulating how the town directs my kill. So in that sense, it's purely to help me stay alive. But I figure it still gives pro-town players a fighting chance, especially if you trust my judgement and believe I am trying to act in a pro-town way.

I'm not sure I am attractive to a cult recruiter now since the town might decide that I shouldn't even submit a kill. If that happens, I am not helpful to a cult. And if I kill when I'm not supposed to, I will probably be lynched, so that's not what a cult wants either. I'd also argue that if I was already culted, I would not have claimed like this.

I also don't know if I am recruitable or not. I know from elemental mafia that not all roles are always recruitable. Though in this game, all roles may be recruitable. I don't know.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Something just occurred to me. As soon as farside gets back, I need to know what she meant by "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger."
Talk nerdy to me.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:26 am

Post by imaginality »

That's a good question (off the top of my head I can think of two Python scenes that quote fits better with than the wedding party one).

The main question I have is, if you targeted Muerrto, how come he isn't dead? The possibilities as I see them:

(a) strappado is lying - she also saw a doctor visit Muerrto but didn't mention it
(b) Muerrto is NK immune (could be one shot or multi-shot)
(c) you were roleblocked
and
roleblocked players still show up in watcher reports
(d) you're lying about your role

The problem I have with (c) is that you claim to have been roleblocked twice, but I don't think a scum roleblocker would target you twice when you hadn't yet claimed and there were arguably better targets (e.g. strappado had already claimed watcher). I could see a pro-town roleblocker targeting you twice given that there was only one kill N2. But do we have a pro-town roleblocker?
Azimuth wrote:In that case, if I were you I would not try to kill anyone else, if it doesn't fit the win condition. I would even be suspicious of anyone who tried to get you to kill someone as a "vig"; you have no real reason to trust most of us, I imagine.
I don't see the problem with elvis_knits acting as a vig for the town (if we trust her to do so). Especially if we have a cult, the added chances of killing cult leader maybe outweigh the risks of killing a townie. At the very least it's worth considering rather than dismissing too quickly. Your post reads kinda like a pre-emptive "don't trust them if they tell you to vig me"...
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:18 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

pokerface wrote: You trust his night 1 investigation but not his night 2.
That is true.

At this stage in the game, I support the massclaim.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

farside22 wrote:You seem to think the cult recruiter is a red herring. You know that makes you look like the cult recruiter right?
Even though I was the one who was mentioning the cult yesterday constantly? That's some heavy WIFOM. When Spyrex died and wasn't even cult let alone the recruiter AND he was a second taunter I decided the mod was messing with us.

Also, if I'm the recruiter, you should expect my recruits to try and debunk the idea and protect me from a lynch, yes?

There's just not been enough teamwork between anyone to show evidence of a cult this late in the game.
PokerFace wrote:Aside from your suspicion Cult is red herring and what went on with your role and whatever you really are, Have you got any other concerns against the mass claiming?
Not really. Most everyone has already claimed/soft claimed in some way or another. Mass claiming won't really change much except outing the machine that goes bing(someone said a doctor possibly?) and the bridge keeper(which would suck I think).

@Elvis: So you're worse than an SK and want us to let you live? Let's get this straight:

1. An SK has to get rid of everyone. You simply have to kill Farside(and whoever else, assuming there is anyone else) and you can win with any side.

2. You didn't target Farside last night even though you sound like you know the movie and Farside said she had to 'avoid an overzealous knight'? I'm calling BS on that. Glad you targetted me though.

3. I don't like leaving a claimed SK alive for the town to 'direct' let alone leaving someone even more dangerous than an SK alive.

Vote: Elvis

No brainer. You're a claimed SK with an easier win condition. Say wha?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not an SK. I fail to see how I am worse than an SK.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Muerrto wrote: 2. You didn't target Farside last night even though you sound like you know the movie and Farside said she had to 'avoid an overzealous knight'? I'm calling BS on that. Glad you targetted me though.
I explained why I didn't target farside. You seem to accept that I targetted you. So what are you saying is BS?
Talk nerdy to me.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Muerrto »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm not an SK. I fail to see how I am worse than an SK.
An SK kills at night and only wins when everyone but him is dead.

Your role(as you explained it) kills at night and wins whenever cult/scum/town wins as long as Farside is dead.

How are you not worse than an SK? You're an SK with a much, much easier win condition.

Even though it's your role I fail to see how you deny that.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I can win with any group, so I'm not a threat to them. That's what's good about me.
Talk nerdy to me.

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Muerrto »

elvis_knits wrote:I can win with any group, so I'm not a threat to them. That's what's good about me.
Um... so as town we're sposed to assume that you want to win with town and not scum/cult?

It's the exact opposite. You're a threat to all of them. With a NK ability you have power to chose who will win and since it doesn't matter to you who wins how can we possibly trust you?

Your arguments are obviously geared to saving your own skin but they have to at least make sense.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I like a Muerrto lynch also now. Hi Cult Recruiter!

Albatross!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”