foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Mordy and Sanjay, you are both now going to die. I have been putting soooo little of my potential effort into this game, which is a large part of why I have appeared scummy due to my laziness, but right now I am going to replace out of all my other games and focus the entirety of my attention and mental capacity on this one game, which is something I have never come close to doing on this site.

I don't expect you to believe me, I expect you to wait and see.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Sanjay »

foilist13, do not replace out of all of your other games.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Actually I might stay in one newbie game because I feel responsible as an SE, but that is going to do effectively nothing to limit the torrent that is to come.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Sanjay »

That's fine. We'll have a good time arguing.

But do not replace out of your games.

If you have to lurk a little, lurk a little, but
please
stay in your games. It's a jerk move to replace out on people when you don't need to, and it's not worth doing it to loads of people just because you think this game is more important or something.

Besides, if you are town, there are plenty of other townies to scumhunt, so I would only assume you replacing out of a lot of games would be a scumtell, especially is archaebob flips scum.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by cruelty »

foilist13 wrote:Mordy and Sanjay, you are both now going to die. I have been putting soooo little of my potential effort into this game, which is a large part of why I have appeared scummy due to my laziness, but right now I am going to replace out of all my other games and focus the entirety of my attention and mental capacity on this one game, which is something I have never come close to doing on this site.

I don't expect you to believe me, I expect you to wait and see.

lol
the nexus of the crisis
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Benmage »

Archaebob's been lynched.

Inc death scene...its night, so if you can night talk you may go ahead and do so.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Benmage »

Sorry for the delay guys.

Final Vote Count:

archaebob (6) peanutman, Papa Zito, Gammagooey, AlmasterGM, Sanjay, MordyS
MordyS (2) archaebob, foilist13
Foilist13 (1) cruelty

Not voting: (1) PharieM

The Townsfolk both happy about the previous days fortune and saddened by another death at night sought to continue their successfully mob justice. The bloodthirsty crowd gathered eager to condemn another killer.

“You guys, this is so ridiculous.” “you bastards you.” Cried archaebob.

Archaebob the
Vanilla Townie
has been lynched on Day Two.

The crowd baffled…solemnly returned to their homes to slumber.

It is now N2. I’m thinking Sunday Dec. 13 2pm EST is a good deadline.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Benmage »

Oops. Ending 2pm on friday, means 2pm Monday, not Sunday for 72 hours...GG math.

Gonna extend deadline to monday 2pm.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Benmage »

After a much longer night than many expected the townsfolk of Plainview awoke to see what terrors the night had brought. They notice AlmasterGM is not present. They go to his house to see the door kicked in. A bloody bloody mess.

AlmasterGM
the
Doctor
with the town has been killed on N2

It is now D3 with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline January 5th 2pm, a little longer for the Holiday Season.
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:25 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Seriously Mordy?? He said Friday! From the very beginning he said Friday! You couldn't wait for him for one day? And now I'm left to wonder if scum would do something so *amazingly* stupid & reckless & paint a huge target on their back that way.

You know what? Either way, you are dangerous and horrible for the town. As town or scum.
vote: MordyS[/b[
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:26 am

Post by PhaerieM »

grr.
vote: MordyS

Sanjay, I don't know what the hell to think. It would be suicide for you to do what you did as Mordy's scumbuddy. Let's hope someone investigated you overnight, because I just don't get why you did that.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Any results, peanut?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:02 am

Post by peanutman »

Vote : Gammagooey.

There's my result. I can confirm my sanity because my N1 investigation was on AGM who came up clean, and he's now dead. My investigation N2 was on Gammagooey and he came up guilty. Therefore, that's one more scum down, 1 to go. Seeing as I will die tonight, I suggest we use the day to hunt for the final scum-buddy and not quick-lynch Gooey.

All this means that come D4, Gooey and I should be dead, and there will be 1 scum, 5 townies left. We can do this town!

Will re-read Gooey in iso tonight and look for connections between Gooey, Muffin and the final scum.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Good deal. Especially since nobody was suspecting him.

vote: Gammagooey
Kappa
Just Monika
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:30 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Hmm... very interesting. I was pretty sure based on Day 1 that he was town. Day 2 made me a tiny bit suspicious of him, but not much. It goes to show that just because someone makes logical arguments, it doesn't mean he's town. Peanut, what was your reasoning behind investigating gammagooey?

So we have today, and then one more day before lylo. So after lynching Gamma, we have two chances to catch the last scum. A reread is definitely in order.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Wait what? I thought that you really were a cop until you pulled this stunt with your extreme reluctance to vote day 1.
I've got both of my last two exams today, so I'm going to go ahead and claim now since I probably won't be on again until tommorrow.

I'm a
Roleblocker
. I targeted AGM night one, and Sanjay last night.

I chose AGM because he was scummy as hell the day before, and if he was a member of the mafia he'd probably be making the kill based on the mafia thinking that the claimed doc wouldn't get roleblocked.

I blocked Sanjay because I figured Mordy would get investigated and Sanjay's willingness to vote but not hammer seemed weird to me, and that archae might be right about part of his actions in his foilist vote earlier. I didn't (and still don't think) the whole "just noticed something a few pages back" scumtell is a good argument, but I could see him giving up his weak foilist vote for the opportunity to get in early onto the godfather lynch.

Vote:peanutman

As for his scumbuddy, cruelty would still make a lot of sense to me but given peanut's sheer balls to fake a guilty right now he has a LOT of confidence in his scumbuddy to win the game for him. It seems a bit of a stretch to think that cruelty would get an easy win from this with my comments on him and peanut yesterday.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Sanjay »

So we got one scum, guaranteed?

And what a lucky town we are, to have both a roleblocker AND a doctor. So much disruption of the mafia's nightkill.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Sanjay »

Gammagooey, I'm interested to know why you thought the mafia's primary concern as far as the AGM choice would be getting roleblocked.

Isn't that a somewhat less conventional town ability? I'm curious why you thought you ought to be concerned about it.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Sanjay wrote:So we got one scum, guaranteed?

And what a lucky town we are, to have both a roleblocker AND a doctor. So much disruption of the mafia's nightkill.
And a cop.

So really we just pick, and if we pick wrong then we lynch the other one. Guaranteed mafia kills are faboo. It's just a matter of choosing which one.

I guess we should also ask if there are any cop counters too. Anyone?
Kappa
Just Monika
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Sanjay »

I think you are missing the subtle accusation that was hidden in that quote, Papa Zito.

By the way, PhaerieM, I more or less explained to archaebob what happened that made me ready to vote him. Basically, I messed up and misunderstood him badly.

I was definitely okay with his lynch though. I thought foilist13 was probably scum. I either had town reads (everyone besides AlmasterGM and peanutman) or reason to believe the innocence of (AlmasterGM and peanutman) for everyone else but him, and archaebob looked like a clear scumbuddy, especially with the recent stuff MordyS had posted against him. I thought we had the game in the bag and when I thought I saw archaebob give up I was eager to get lynching.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 am

Post by foilist13 »

I'm willing to lynch gammagooey at the end of the day if it comes down to claims, but right now I need to
vote: MordyS

after that stunt you pulled you are obv scum. No amount of frustration can come close to explaining that.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Sanjay »

Dude. No lynching.

Assuming a standard three scum group, we have 6 town, 2 scum alive. We have one mislynch before we are in MYLO. From that point on, we have to lynch correctly and will likely no-kill anyway to get the mafia to eliminate one suspect, sending us to LYLO.

If we no lynch, following a nightkill we will have 5 town, 2 scum alive. We have one mislynch before we are in LYLO. From that point on, we have to lynch correctly.

If the mafia kills either peanutman or Gamma, awesome. The Gamma/peanut decision just became way easier.

If the mafia doesn't kill peanutman or Gamma, either we get another result from peanutman (whether it is real or fake, this is good for the town) or the mafia has to resort to other shenanigans that might occupy their power roles.

It seems to me like the potential benefits of no lynching outweigh the potential risk(s).

The only risk, as I see it, is that there is a serial killer who hasn't surfaced yet, there are two nightkills, and we get sent into MYLO tomorrow. It seems unlikely to me that a serial killer would wait until night three to start killing, so I think this is only a remote possibility.

Vote: No Lynch
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 am

Post by peanutman »

PhaerieM, I investigated Gammagooey because I found it harder to get a read on him and I suspect a few people took him for granted as town and therefore wouldn't be too interested in lynching him. If he was scum, I thought that an investigation was the only way to catch him. We do have a lot of information on pretty much all the other players to go from, but Gammagooey has evaded suspicion all game long. My gut told me to look into him and so I did. I ignored everyone's advice because I don't know who's genuine and who's scum trying to manipulate the investigation.

Gammagooey, I suspect you think I'm lying and I am therefore scum. If I wasn't the real cop, I am sure that yesterday the real one would've counterclaimed. But I think the fact that the 2nd day after I claim, there's been no counter-claim should convince many of you. As well, a set-up with 1 doc, 1 cop and a Godfather with 12 people seems reasonable. If there was no cop in this game, what would the use of a Godfather be? Think about it, Gamma had to pull something out because he turned up guilty in the investigation. Claiming vanilla won't help him, so he throws out a PR to make the town doubt; it's his only play. Sorry Gamma, but I think you're cooked. However, I must say you did play an excellent game as scum. That's why I had to investigate you. Well played!
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 am

Post by peanutman »

Also, (sorry about the double post), FOS : Sanjay, for suggesting no-lynch. I don't like this idea because it gives an extra night for Gamma and his buddy to discuss strategy, now that they now he's been outed. If we lynch Gamma today, they we enter tomorrow 5 town, 1 scum, with 2 shots at hitting scum (with an early no-lynch if we want).

I know you don't have the same info as me Sanjay, but do you really buy Gamma's claim? Doesn't the presence of a Godfather, barring a bastard mod (which I really don't think we have) indicate that there must be a cop. And, with no counter-claim, shouldn't that confirm me?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Sanjay »

You are just making me want to no lynch more, peanutman.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”