Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:52 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

quite funny that both times i've played with Shadi he's been scum and also he's replaced out.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:54 am

Post by neil1113 »

If I could clarify, this mistake was mine not hers this time. Last time I told her to log out and she didn't on my computer (she didn't have access to my PM's though, as all of them were deleted, nor would she look if they weren't, and she also did not have access to the dead QT). This time however I was on her computer while we were out checking facebook and I hopped over here to check on one of my games. We day-trade as a regular job, so we have one or both computers with us at all times. On our way home she was using her computer to trade and then afterwards hopped on here and posted in her game, not realizing that I was logged in. She, yet again, didn't have access to anything or time to access anything that was there.

As for the game, I didn't realize she replaced in until a few days after she did (and a few days after she posted lol), and when she did post it didn't occur to me who it was until I remembered she was playing. So I got excited, and I was really hoping she wasn't scum. I guess I'll have to play more defensively next time...

My claim in the game accomplished the reactions I was looking for, and it nailed down the people I was hoping it would with my flip, so I'm satisfied, even if I did forgot the logistics of the game *sigh*. Can you tell the past year I'm used to basic games? Lol though I stick to what I said earlier, I have no idea how Sakura was town with a lot of her posts, which scares me if I ever play with her again. Because if she's obviously scum, she's either town which I'll assume, or she's really scum and I'll look like an idiot. :P
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Zephyrus »

Ha what now Lia, Im not scum!

GG everyone and great modding
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Moonlight »

And here is the Scum QT!

Now that the game is over, I believe I owe an explanation to all of you for my modkill.

First, the TL;DR summary: I totally deserved to be modkilled in my opinion. I had no intention of ruining the game, my behavior was the result of something out of my control that I needed to have paid more attention to. I am really sorry and I believe the experience will help me see earlier signs if a similar situation happens in future. I hold no grudges and I'd like to believe that no one else does.

And now, the long explanation in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
One of the most important rules in Mafia is the following:
Do not bring outside influences into the game
I'm not sure if this is the reason I got modkilled, but it would have been if I was the moderator. Now, to explain how I broke this one.

I guess I need to mention having Borderline Personality Disorder. To quote wikipedia, "People with BPD feel emotions more easily, more deeply and for longer than others do" (that's an oversimplification, but you don't need to know more in my opinion). I've been receiving treatment and it has shown results, but I can't expect miracles yet.

With that out of the way, I need to mention I had a rather bad day on the day of the modkill. My brother had an accident with his motorcycle. Nothing major, just a flesh wound and no one pressed charges (it wasn't his fault in any way). I also had a near-accident with 2 kids that ran across the street without looking in the direction I was coming from.

Most people can get on with their day and brush off such things. But for me, they linger and I was sad throughout the day.

Fast-forward to taking my meds. One hour after I did, I saw neil's ... and it was too much to take. I cannot comprehend Townies that berate those they know are in their team. I don't get how it helps achieve the wincon in any way and it's just horrible play (in hindsight, it was probably part of his doctor charade, but the "what if" was something I couldn't ignore). I wondered how I would feel in Tricks' shoes... and I
did
, which was my greatest mistake in this game.

Plays like neil's are a gift to scum. We didn't even have to try to spread discord in Town's ranks, he was doing it himself. And yet I couldn't take advantage of it, just because I imagined how I'd feel if I was Tricks.

What followed was a meltdown. I was no longer scum, I was just myself. The guilt-trip that came wasn't part of my scumplay; it was part of me being angry as a person when I shouldn't have been. I brought an outside influence into the game, because I couldn't help it.

What willpower I had was spent stopping myself from raging at triton's doubt of Tricks' claim. The fact that I managed to stop myself in rage is a result of the treatment I've been receiving. But like I said, the treatment
helps
, it doesn't cure. And anger that is being suppressed like that has to be expressed in some other way.

All in all, it was something I didn't anticipate and things could have been scarily worse. Now that I'm aware of the problem, I see ways to avoid running into it. I should be able to take advantage of such plays in future instead of crying rivers when I see them happening. =X

Once again, I apologize to everyone for this, I never wanted to ruin the game. For the good of myself and others, I won't let myself forget what happened. I had fun as scum until that moment and I believe I'm going to have fun again next time I get scum. =)

Thank you all for playing and thanks to Baezu for modding this and for rightfully dealing with my situation. I liked the flavor of all the kills too!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Moonlight »

And oh my god, Zeph was the other doc?! D:

How different Day 2 could have been. Darn, darn, darn.

Anyway, grats to the Town. I'll get my scum victory some other time. >:D
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Who was the one who discovered Moonlight? :D

Who was the one who suspected something was fishy about the Lemniscate account? :D

Who was the one who thought vonflare was town because he talked and sounded like my own thoughts? :shifty:

um, um.....

"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 1355, uctriton00 wrote:Who was the one who discovered Moonlight? :D
Actually, I call dibs on the credit for Moonlight and Shadi. Just sayin. :D
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Moonlight »

Dibs shmibs, Town played better than we did, you deserved to win and you did. Each of you contributed in one way or another, some more than others. :P
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 1357, Moonlight wrote:Dibs shmibs, Town played better than we did, you deserved to win and you did. Each of you contributed in one way or another, some more than others. :P
And this is why you're one of the best Mafia players in my books.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 1358, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 1357, Moonlight wrote:Dibs shmibs, Town played better than we did, you deserved to win and you did. Each of you contributed in one way or another, some more than others. :P
And this is why you're one of the best Mafia players in my books.
Well... one of the reasons, at least. ;)
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Trickster
, excellent play on outting yourself and putting together a successful follow the cop strategy. And you caught Vonflare which helped us out immensely, and you did put a finger on Shadi. I'll credit myself :D for Moonlight, but you successfully tagged the last two so I'm giving you MVP kudos.

Sakura
, never got caught up in your character because I was in an end-game situation in another game and was analyzing that while this game's D1 flew by, and then you were confirmed town so I didn't bother to analyze you anymore.

Krystal
, still don't know why that post-vote happened where you quickhammered.

Beli
, I thought you were scum, and I thought you were scum trying to put Trickster on tilt. That's why I hated your character. But you were town so now I get it. Sorry for leading a charge against you, I was wrong.

Lia
, never read you because nobody suspected you. Sorry!

BoroPhil
, because Moon rode you so hard and Moon was scum, I had you as town so I didn't interact with you either. I did like how you and I both felt the same way about Pants :D

Dr Pants
, well I was actually considering you over Shadi so I was wrong on you too. But in the very end, your reaction after the alt-slip sealed your town cred.

Zeph
, you were sliding up the town ranks so far with your late play. Good job helping pushing the Moonlight lynch. *high five*

Shadi
, would not have seen you if it hadn't been for Trickster. You wouldn't have gotten away with it :P

Vonflare
, nice buddying. It was excellent. Trickster was the only way I would have believed you were scum (unless SH had an amazing case coming). I totally whiffed on that tell I saw from the Moonlight claim (assuming that was your tell).

Moonlight
, sorry to see you had a meltdown. I was pushing you over the edge for scumhunting purposes and didn't think you or anyone would take it personally, sucks that it was a bad day for you outside the game (Wake88 did the same thing in a game I was with, he has since said the same thing you said, that he's going to control his emotions and put Mafiascum in perspective). Glad you feel better and let's hope we all get back to normal, and good luck with your personal life issues too. Trickster says you're good so I'll take his word for it.

Back to the issue of why I think claiming scum is illegal. For anyone who doesn't understand why it's illegal, imagine being town and claiming scum. How will it help town team members in any way? What do you want townies to do? "Yeah well maybe he's lying to show he's one of us!" That doesn't mean anything. All it does is the equivalent of telling the moderator "I don't want to play anymore, just kill me so i can go home". It cuts the game short. There is no amount of WIFOM to do that.

The only time I saw someone else do that was TheIrishPope where he was town and claimed scum, and guess what, he got suspended for I think a week while the mods debated the issue. At least I think he was suspended for that reason. Oddly enough he learned to not do that, then he ended up changing the way he plays and now he's a fellow Scummy 2013 winner, in fact, for best town performance.

Sorry if I forgot anyone, this is all I can come up with without going back over the game.

Of course, Baezu, great job with all the lynch flavors! Excellent work! Thanks for being prompt and not making us wait too long (I was in a game where mods made us wait days in a locked state). Quick mods are hard to come by these days, keep up the good work! *thumbs up*
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 am

Post by uctriton00 »

oh wait, duh, neil

neil
yeah I was wrong on your alignment. But can you honestly blame any of us?

You played anti-town by claiming doctor, and saying you wouldn't do the same thing you did the previous night, so you were forcing your very valuable teammate's hands. You know you're a VT, but now you directly affected what your PR teammates were going to do. That is damaging, and you almost lost the game for us. If you had taken the doctor claim to your night kill grave, then you would have won a gold star. But you didn't, and you know that you had made a mess out of things.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:57 am

Post by uctriton00 »

You spent time berating us, saying that "we weren't playing". Yet you were the only person who didn't read the setup.

Your cockiness and your failed gambit were anti-town and we won the game despite your play.

I'm not going to make judgements about your play level overall in Mafia (seeing as you've been here since 2010 and I expect that it takes years to get good at online mafia), but you have to admit this is likely one of your worst, if not the worst, town game you must have played.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:59 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 1351, neil1113 wrote:My claim in the game accomplished the reactions I was looking for, and it nailed down the people I was hoping it would with my flip, so I'm satisfied.
Explain this ****.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Moonlight »

Don't feel bad for pushing me over the edge, that wasn't anyone's fault, just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I claimed scum knowing it would probably get me modkilled because by that point I already deserved it from my point of view.

Hopefully this will by my one and only modkill ever, and my first scum victory will taste that much sweeter after this disaster. =P
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 1360, uctriton00 wrote:
Vonflare
, nice buddying. It was excellent. Trickster was the only way I would have believed you were scum (unless SH had an amazing case coming). I totally whiffed on that tell I saw from the Moonlight claim (assuming that was your tell).
well thank you. :D
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1360, uctriton00 wrote:Sorry for leading a charge against you, I was wrong.
Never apologise for that, it's called playing Mafia.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

Hey guys, first off, I want to apologize for replacing out. Both Mantis and I got distracted irl for a few days, and we had no idea that the prod/replacement cycle was as quick as 72 hours. That's what we get for not reading the rules. :P

Second, I'm curious to know whom you contacted for advice on the modkill, Baezu, because in my opinion, continuing the day after the modkill was a mistake. It's true that the day will continue after a mafia's modkill or end after a town's modkill, but this should only apply to cases where the player is modkilled for cheating in order to benefit his faction. If there was no cheating involved, there is no reason to harm the faction further by ending/continuing the day.
In this situation, Moonlight screwed his team by outing himself, so there was no reason for you to screw the rest of the scum team further by continuing the day. Does that make sense?

Third, about Mantis's quickhammer on day one, it really was out of spite at Sakura for stealing the hammer on her part. I wish I still had the texts from when she told me she was going to hammer BwBurke... it was kind of a funny exchange. I considered posting them on day two but figured it'd be unsportsmanlike.

Fourth, good game, well played all, I'm sorry Tr1ckster for calling you a moron etc., my blood can get a bit hot when I play mafia. Thanks Bel for replacing us, I really wish we hadn't been replaced, because I was having fun this time.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 1367, Nikanor wrote:Fourth, good game, well played all, I'm sorry Tr1ckster for calling you a moron etc., my blood can get a bit hot when I play mafia.
No problem. And understood. I think everyone's blood gets a bit hot during mafia. I don't let anything said inside a game get to me.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 1367, Nikanor wrote:Fourth, good game, well played all, I'm sorry Tr1ckster for calling you a moron etc., my blood can get a bit hot when I play mafia.
No problem. And understood. I think everyone's blood gets a bit hot during mafia. I don't let anything said inside a game get to me.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1367, Nikanor wrote:Third, about Mantis's quickhammer on day one, it really was out of spite at Sakura for stealing the hammer on her part. I wish I still had the texts from when she told me she was going to hammer BwBurke... it was kind of a funny exchange. I considered posting them on day two but figured it'd be unsportsmanlike.
ya haha.. pretty sure you were like "wait, are you sure that's a good idea?" and i was gung ho

apologies as well for flaking out, it was fun though. thanks for running the game, baezo :)
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

baezu* >.>
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 1370, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 1367, Nikanor wrote:Third, about Mantis's quickhammer on day one, it really was out of spite at Sakura for stealing the hammer on her part. I wish I still had the texts from when she told me she was going to hammer BwBurke... it was kind of a funny exchange. I considered posting them on day two but figured it'd be unsportsmanlike.
ya haha.. pretty sure you were like "wait, are you sure that's a good idea?!?!?!!??!?!??!?!?!!!!?!?" and i was gung ho
ftfy
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

lol. that actually is more accurate :p
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 am

Post by uctriton00 »

Nikanor I get where you're coming from, it's like "isn't one scum outting himself punishment enough? why give town another shot, they already are at an advantage because of a free kill".

1. Continuing the day phase was a punishment for playing illegally. The correct play would have been to replace out. The wrong play was to flip over the card/role PM. The continuation of the day phase was the punishment. You're arguing that the act of flipping itself was enough punishment already, but you need a deterrent for people not to commit this act in the future.

2. Secondly, ending a day phase at any point without town's consent hurts town. Nights belong to scum, days belong to town (ignoring obvious PR night actions). Here's an example:
Scum team = Nacho and Majiffy and Bert
Town = Thor, and 6 of the wishy washiest players ever.
Thor takes a town leader role, and gets Majiffy to L-1.
Bert outs himself. Day phase ends.
Thor killed by Majiffy at night.
Nacho and Majiffy are now against the other 6 town, who now lost their leader who was organizing everyone. Without Thor, the town can't logic themselves to get back to Majiffy L-1. Scum then win the game.

If you modkill Bert and let the day continue, Thor then finishes the charge on Majiffy.

It's a fun scenario I came up with in my head, anyway.

Return to “Completed Open Games”