notreallygood
notreallygood
Goon
notreallygood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:11 am

Post by notreallygood »

Alright, Beast. Get ready to track your next target.

There should be only one or two scum left, and I've already got some ideas in my mind.
I'm always watching...
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:17 am

Post by Toomai »

Spoiler: Flavour
He tried to argue a bit, but everyone ignored Sheldon's words. Having decided that tossing people off the roof was much more efficient than trying to hang them anyway, they started carrying him upstairs.
Votecount D3-2
Smudger
L+1
Titus, Paperscraps, Huntress, sthar8, notreallygood, Smudger
beastcharizard
L-5
Bowser
L-5
Titus
L-5
Elyse
L-5
Huntress
L-5
Paperscraps
L-5
sthar8
L-5
Feel It
L-5
notreallygood
L-5
Not voting:
beastcharizard, Elyse, Feel It
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:32 am

Post by Toomai »

With Sheldon now a collection of splats on the ground, the party invaded his premises. There was indeed a gun here - sitting right on the kitchen table in defiance of secrecy. Clearly Sheldon hadn't been afraid of anything. And sitting beside the phone made it obvious why - a personal cloaking device was plugged into the outlet. There was no way a no-frills feed production operator could afford one of those things on his own, or even know where to find one for sale.

With the rest of the day off, everyone went bowling.

Spoiler: Flip
Smudger
was a
Mafia 1-Shot Ninja

Night 3 begins.

Current deadline01/10/2013 09:32 (EDT)
(expired on 2013-10-01 09:32:00)
Lynch reached with 10d 16h 22m to go in deadline. 5d 8h 11m added to stockpile.
14.23 days available for Day extension requests
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Toomai »

A confident set of citizens showed up to the fourth day of bickering to find that Malinda had not. She had been the one to pin Sheldon the previous day, so it was not a big surprise to find a corpse riddled with with about twenty-seven bullet holes.

Spoiler: Flip
notreallygood
was a
Town Gunsmith

Day 4 begins.

Current deadline12/10/2013 11:13 (EDT)
(expired on 2013-10-12 11:13:00)
14.23 days available for Day extension requests
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Well Elyse didn't go anywhere last night. I figured NRG would inspect huntress and that Titus would protect NRG because I think he said he had that power.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 am

Post by sthar8 »

Which means our pool is now {me, huntress, paper} looking for probably one scum with seven alive? Yup, still looks good to me.

The confirmed town, in descending order of confirm strength:
Elyse, Beast, Titus, Feelit.

VOTE: Huntress

Titus, do you have any actions to claim?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Elyse »

THANK YOU BEAST I DID NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS DAY DEFENDING MYSELF.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

Post by beastcharizard »

You are welcome. I can be useful sometimes.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1355, sthar8 wrote:Which means our pool is now {me, huntress, paper} looking for probably one scum with seven alive? Yup, still looks good to me.

The confirmed town, in descending order of confirm strength:
Elyse, Beast, Titus, Feelit.
If it looks good to you you'll be equally happy to start with yourself, I guess. :P

Vote: Sthar

I agree with the order of your confirmed list but I'm a bit concerned about leaving Feelit to get to lylo with the last of the lynch pool (if we don't find the last scum before then and assuming Beast and Elyse won't make it that far either). It just looks a bit too easy and the last couple of weeks he's been playing like he doesn't have to put the effort in.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Paperscraps

I'd vote Huntress here but I actually want a discussion between the three. I REALLY don't think Sthar is scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Titus »

By the way, it's probably time to say I'm not a joat at all. I was faking to try and get shot. It got us one additional investigation but it seems the scums have called my bluff.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Paperscraps
Paperscraps
Goon
Paperscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by Paperscraps »

So we are at 7 with three confirmed town,
beast
feel
and
elyse
and four unconfirmed
me
sthar
titus
and
huntress

Titus
really has no reason to retract here and put herself into a lynchable position as mafia. It could be a play, but meh I don't see it.

Sthar
I liked early game. He kind of feel off a bit in the middle relative to now, but overall hasn't rubbed me the wrong way.

Huntress
a.k.a.
runnerman
needs to die. Regardless of what
Huntress
has contributed.
Runnerman
was always a great lynch.

So if there is 4 total mafia we have 1 mislynch and 3 total mafia we have 2 mislynches. (super obvious stuff here).
Paperscraps
Paperscraps
Goon
Paperscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Paperscraps »

The vote from Titus on to me is kind of weird in that she wants to vote Huntress, but has voted me. I mean why vote at all? (pressure?) It is a weird move, but reads null at the moment.
Paperscraps
Paperscraps
Goon
Paperscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Paperscraps »

Oh THAT IS L-1 by the way on Huntress. So keep that in mind!
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I claim intent.

Huntress please claim. :D
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Titus »

This is moving a little fast. That is why I am suggesting we talk. If I was queen and had to decide immediately, Huntess would b the lynch. However, your last two posts Paper scream scum.

1) Saying slots need to die regardless of contribution is cummy without a copped claim.

2) The insistence on labeling the desire for discussion is off too.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Titus, i claimed intent that means when I feel we are ready i will hammer. To me intent doesn't mean in 12 hours I am hammering. It is more of a way to let everyone know I am ok with the lynch and if anyone else hammers then I am assuming they are claiming to being scum.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1358, Huntress wrote: If it looks good to you you'll be equally happy to start with yourself, I guess. :P

Vote: Sthar

I agree with the order of your confirmed list but I'm a bit concerned about leaving Feelit to get to lylo with the last of the lynch pool (if we don't find the last scum before then and assuming Beast and Elyse won't make it that far either). It just looks a bit too easy and the last couple of weeks he's been playing like he doesn't have to put the effort in.
Yeah, sure. I'd be fine with me today. I think the confirmed towns are smart enough to see the plan through to it's conclusion. Plus when I flip, my unwavering confidence in my plan coupled with a final warning that the scum will attempt to convince them to deviate will become a gospel truth instead of the sound advice that it is right now.

Honestly, I think we've all been phoning it in a little for the last two day phases. The game is effectively won, and there's no point to putting in the extra work for analysis that can only confirm what we already know.

That said, I've been thinking, and I need to revise that list. Titus and Feelit need to swap spots. The kill on NRG was more instructive than I originally credited. Accounting for that, if there's scum outside the lynch pool (which I do not believe) there is a 95% chance it's sk-Titus.

Of course, that's likely moot because your post basically confirms that you are the last scum. As bad as paper's post was (seriously? adding Titus back into the lynch pool?) you just committed to the two best scum tactics remaining, in the same post. You probably should have picked one over the other and waited until tomorrow to try to open up the lynch pool, but I don't think even that would have saved you. I can't fault you for trying, and you're certainly a good player. You just got trapped in a borderline unwinnable situation with a team that wasn't on your level.
In post 1360, Titus wrote:By the way, it's probably time to say I'm not a joat at all. I was faking to try and get shot. It got us one additional investigation but it seems the scums have called my bluff.
Obviously, but I don't think you should have called it quits just yet. Given the silly amount of success you have had, I would have claimed that I'd used the heal on the wrong investigator and that I'd be using my own one-shot investigation tonight to guarantee caught scum tomorrow. I mean, we win anyway, but why not play for all the beans?

My last question to you was intended to suggest that course of action.

@beast- We're at a point now where it's ok to discuss your day 1 play. I think your main problem came in two areas:
1. You were attempting to be a town leader. This is not something you should be doing with an investigative role. It will either put you into the spotlight and force your claim, or you will look like an attractive nightkill, neither of which you want. You spent a lot of time trying to make others see you as town, which again attracts attention. The ideal investigative role will scumhunt just hard enough to stay off the radar, then present a shitload of confirmed info all at once. If you do that, then it doesn't matter how everyone else thinks of you because what you tell them is testable.
2. You mistook "weird" for "scummy" day 1, which is excusable from anybody EXCEPT an investigative role. As a cop-like, your scum reads should be on legitimately scummy players and your town reads on the towniest. Remember that your role has a mechanism for testing weird, unexplained, and null players. If they're hard to read, they make good investigations which makes them a waste of your time during the day phase.

Basically, your normal playstyle didn't work well with the goals of your role. Rather than alter your play to fit your goals, you tried to do both at once which came off as forced and artificial to those of us who were legitimately scumhunting.

The random question thing was a nice touch. Its a really obvious coptell, but only in hindsight which is the best kind of coptell.

@ everybody- I'm ready to end the day when y'all are. I've said my bit and I'm pretty sure we've got this one.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 1361, Paperscraps wrote:Huntress a.k.a. runnerman needs to die. Regardless of what Huntress has contributed. Runnerman was always a great
mis
lynch.
FTFY.

Vote: Paper

I like this better. :D

In post 1367, sthar8 wrote:That said, I've been thinking, and I need to revise that list. Titus and Feelit need to swap spots. The kill on NRG was more instructive than I originally credited. Accounting for that, if there's scum outside the lynch pool (which I do not believe) there is a 95% chance it's sk-Titus.
I think we would have seen more kills if that had been the case.
In post 1367, sthar8 wrote:Of course, that's likely moot because your post basically confirms that you are the last scum. As bad as paper's post was (seriously? adding Titus back into the lynch pool?) you just committed to the two best scum tactics remaining, in the same post. You probably should have picked one over the other and waited until tomorrow to try to open up the lynch pool, but I don't think even that would have saved you. I can't fault you for trying, and you're certainly a good player. You just got trapped in a borderline unwinnable situation with a team that wasn't on your level.
I don't expect to be around tomorrow so I had to get my thoughts into the thread today. If I was scum then nrg would have been targeted night one, taking the risk of being blocked in order to find out if there was a doctor. They're not so common now as they used to be.

I'm ok with the day ending now. Just make sure that Feel it doesn't get to lylo.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:08 am

Post by sthar8 »

I agree about the kills thing, and it's my major hangup there. But Feelit also doesn't fit with the NKA. Somebody's not playing efficiently, and I think it's more likely that Titus would attempt a long con than Feelit would kill the pr that can't incriminate him over the one that can. Either way the last scum being one of you, me, or paper solves most of those issues, making it the most likely by a long shot.

I've noticed the infrequency of docs since my return. I think I would have killed either Titus or NRG as scum. I'm quite interested to see the scumlogic behind the grim kill. In any case I don't believe you were behind that kill. I think that one came from one of your partners.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 1369, sthar8 wrote:I agree about the kills thing, and it's my major hangup there. But Feelit also doesn't fit with the NKA. Somebody's not playing efficiently, and I think it's more likely that Titus would attempt a long con than Feelit would kill the pr that can't incriminate him over the one that can. Either way the last scum being one of you, me, or paper solves most of those issues, making it the most likely by a long shot.
I get the point about the NKA, but it's possible a scum Feel it might think it was unlikely that Beast would track him last night so could take the risk of killing nrg instead to throw us off the scent. If Titus is a NK-immune SK that might account for the missing NK.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:16 am

Post by beastcharizard »

are you going to claim or not?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Huntress »

VT.
Paperscraps
Paperscraps
Goon
Paperscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Paperscraps »

UNVOTE:

So uh. She claimed VT and I kind of like it. Going to do some thinking.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Elyse »

What else would she claim? A fourth PR?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”