Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Generic »

You chose to make a big deal of how you were going to vote boo.

You are the one who got angry at winning without having to potentially make that silly error. And now you claim you may not have, thus making the outcome the same as it is now. Would you have been as devastated then or is it just cos I stole your thunder of being the town hero?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Red Coyote:
If you had chosen to vote for me rather than for Generic, I would have rightly blamed you for ignoring rational argument and evident fact in favour of WIFOM that didn't really exist.

Think about it like this:

If you are playing scum in LYLO and there is a townie at L-1, do you vote for the townie, or do you move your vote onto a scumbuddy?

Is this a question that requires a lot of thought on your part?

Yet you prefer to assume that I'm the dumbest scum ever than to look at it from a rational and logical point of view. It's not WIFOM that I would be town. I don't think you'll find a single person (except perhaps Salamence, maybe, who seems absolutely committed to thinking I'm a complete idiot) who would look at the facts you saw and decide, oooh, Boo is scum. Even Nati said if I pointed that out, she wouldn't have voted for me.

Are you simply complaining because you didn't get the chance to choose because you decided to sleep on the decision rather than acting when you had the chance? Because that seems to be what your argument is boiling down to at this point.

If losing and winning doesn't matter, why are you so angry that Generic chose to resign gracefully in a position HE saw as irredeemable? Why are you so upset that town won?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Bookitty »

In other news:

In post 242, Jake from State Farm wrote:Not sure this qualifies for memorable moment but

nominate natirasha for most memorable moment

She fake claimed survivor and got 1 mafia to out himself and ultimately town won. (I don't even condone lying but obviously I'm making an exception this time)

Here's the game link - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57822

Please lend your support for Nati's Scummie nomination for Most Memorable Moment in the thread quoted above :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I HAD to come back, didnt I?

Despite what generic says, this was not autowin for town, even after the survior gambit was out.

Lets start with the survivor gambit. There was no possible way from my perspective Nati wasnt lying because that was set up so perfectly that I didnt see it coming. Also I always wanted to play kingmaker. This was supposed to be my chance at getting most cunning manipulator since i lost it last year.

REGARDLESS IT DOESNT MEAN GENERIC WAS CONFSCUM. Boo was highly suspect to wifom from RC, and BASED ON HOW I PRETTY MUCH CLAIMED SCUM AND HAD GENERIC BUSED FROM RC MEANS THAT THERE WAS HOPE RC SAW GENERIC AS TOWN BASED ON "WHO BUSSES IN LYLO, BOO COULD BE SCUM BECAUSE SALA BUDDIED HER ALL GAME."

SERIOUSLY, I PLAYED A GAME WHERE I CLAIMED MILLER AS SCUM AND LOST ALL MY SCUMBUDDIES IN 3 DAYS, LEADING ME TO PULL 3 LYNCHES OUT OF MY ASS AS A CLAIMED MILLER. I FUCKING WON.

SO DONT TELL ME YOUR FUCKING SELF VOTE WAS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE OF A GAMBIT. I LEFT YOU THE WIFOM NECESARY TO PERSUADE RC/NATI, AND EVEN IF YOU LOSE, YOU PUT UP A FIGHT RATHER THAN SELF VOTE BECAUSE YOU WERE STUMPED OVER A QUESTION.

/end rant
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Wait survior gambits are so common that they are usually regarded?

Really?

Justice that I fell to a gambit i guess.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Natirasha »

The last one that I can recall was MCMaraca claiming it in lylo during ParadoxPrime, but scum was already pretty much confirmed so it was just for style points.

I would argue my style--what with the breadcrumbing and such--is pretty fuckin' rare.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

I would put it up to any of the other players in the game save RC and Salamence.

On Day Six three-person LYLO, would you vote the person who had refused an opportunity to lynch an L-1 Townie for a guaranteed scum win and had instead voted scum, or would you vote for the person who put a naked vote on that Townie and had been outed by his partner as scum prior to the naked vote?

I swear, it's like RC wanted Salamence to win and is mad because that didn't happen.

And YEAH, Nati, I've never seen anything like that play. SO cool.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Since there don't seem to be any objections, the Mason topic and the Mafia topic are now public.

Thanks for the kind words, you guys. Glad everyone enjoyed the flavor. I had a lot of fun getting in-character and writing it.

Congrats on the Scummy nomination, Natirasha. Well-deserved.

RedCoyote, I'm gonna need a status update on that beard of yours. How is it coming along? On a scale of 1 to this guy, how luxurious is it?

In post 1316, Squirrel Girl wrote:He said that my lack of aggression and fear of being lynched hurt town. I disagree with that.

Um, no, that's not what I said, actually. I could go into detail about the observation I made in the dead thread, but I won't because I honestly find it really funny that you're so disgruntled over something I said when you don't even know what I said.

You won. Town won. Just be happy about that!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Salamence20 »

RC is defending me because he sees it the same way I do.

HE FUCKING GAVE UP.

Read the last page of the scum QT. There was hope that I could wifom RC into winning.

THIS WAS NOT AUTOWIN. ONLY TIMES I WILL ACCEPT A SELF SCUM VOTE IN LYLO IS A COP/TRACKER GUILTY.

Pretty sure I answered Boo's "unbeatable" question in the dead thread. It was possible I was bussing RC for the townpoints. If I knew this beforehand I would have offed generic's head to outgambit the gambit.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I realise that you think that it's perfectly reasonable to assume that I would vote against my own best interests as scum out of inattention or some desire to extend the game further and risk a GUARANTEED scum win.

That's why I asked for other opinions on that.

You were being lynched that day. I don't believe for a second that Nati would have changed her vote to Generic. She can weigh in and tell us for sure.

I agree with Generic. Your anger at the loss can be understood. RC's expressed ire at not getting to choose to lose, however, would be a scumtell if we were still playing imo.

I still would like opinions from people who are NOT RC and Salamence on my previous question:

In post 1331, Bookitty wrote:On Day Six three-person LYLO, would you vote the person who had refused an opportunity to lynch an L-1 Townie for a guaranteed scum win and had instead voted scum, or would you vote for the person who put a naked vote on that Townie and had been outed by his partner as scum prior to the naked vote?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1309, Natirasha wrote:I thought Boo was scum legitimately, but part of that was wishful thinking and the thing Gen was saying about voting with Sal does sound like something he'd do if town, lol. I think if someone mentioned that Boo could have won at some point, I would have made the right call.

BUT THANKFULLY I DIED.

Boo, here you go.

Happy now?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1335, Salamence20 wrote:I think if someone mentioned that Boo could have won at some point, I would have made the right call.

Yes, I knew she had said this.

I pointed it out to RC, though, and he didn't seem to care.

Again, I know your opinion. I'm interested in the opinions of others.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Sorry, that quote belongs properly to Natirasha. Not Salamence.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1332, Skullduggery wrote:Um, no, that's not what I said, actually. I could go into detail about the observation I made in the dead thread, but I won't because I honestly find it really funny that you're so disgruntled over something I said when you don't even know what I said.

Well, actually I'm just trying to learn what people think I did badly so I can correct in the future to avoid the same. Part of the game is playing it, and part is getting better at it, and you can't get better if you don't understand what you did wrong and I don't think it's weird of me to want to understand thoughts as regards that.
So...if you want to share, great. If not...then don't but please don't be weird about it, because I feel like you're trying to needle me now for reasons that I don't understand.

I'd prefer you to share, but that's your call. I am clearly misunderstanding what you said though if it wasn't about lack of aggression and fearlessness - as I thought that was expliitly what you had dinged me on.
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 36, Skullduggery wrote:
I stand by what I said. All I meant was that you didn't play with the aggression or the confidence of a player who had nothing to fear from the Mafia.

That's what I'm misunderstanding - if you do choose to clear it up for me.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

SG, look at your D1 play (In the only other game I've played with you...you know, the one that you had to die due to being so freaking obv-town) and then compare it to your play this game. THAT is what Skull is talking about. Your D1 play in that other game is how you should have played THIS game due to not being worried about being nk'ed.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

That is also why I thought you were scum this game because it was SO much different than my experience with you in that other game where you were town.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Generic 1325 wrote:You chose to make a big deal of how you were going to vote boo.

You are the one who got angry at winning without having to potentially make that silly error. And now you claim you may not have, thus making the outcome the same as it is now. Would you have been as devastated then or is it just cos I stole your thunder of being the town hero?

No, I don't recall ever saying that, Gen. I don't recall making a big deal about wanting to vote either of you. I simply said that I wanted to think about it. That's just the way my mind likes to work... Anyway, I'll stop, I just wanted to express disapproval of your decision to do what you did. I can understand why it's causing strife though. Let's just agree to disagree. I wish you all the best, my friend.

---

Boo 1326 wrote:Yet you prefer to assume that I'm the dumbest scum ever than to look at it from a rational and logical point of view. It's not WIFOM that I would be town. I don't think you'll find a single person (except perhaps Salamence, maybe, who seems absolutely committed to thinking I'm a complete idiot) who would look at the facts you saw and decide, oooh, Boo is scum. Even Nati said if I pointed that out, she wouldn't have voted for me.

Are you simply complaining because you didn't get the chance to choose because you decided to sleep on the decision rather than acting when you had the chance? Because that seems to be what your argument is boiling down to at this point.

If losing and winning doesn't matter, why are you so angry that Generic chose to resign gracefully in a position HE saw as irredeemable? Why are you so upset that town won?

We just clearly have very, very different ways of mentally approaching these kinds of situations, Boo. I had no intention to imply in any way that you were "the dumbest scum" or "an idiot" or any other pejorative you can come up with. I feel bad that you took it that way, and I don't know how many other ways I can say that I don't think that whatsoever.

Let's just agree to disagree on the whole situation, because I think we're just talking right past one another at this point, and I'm clearly not able to explain where I'm coming from properly.

You played great. I appreciate you and your contributions. You had some great points there at the end. You are definitely not an idiot or dumb or anything of the sort. I was very glad to have you as part of our town. <3
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 1340, Kthxbye wrote:SG, look at your D1 play (In the only other game I've played with you...you know, the one that you had to die due to being so freaking obv-town) and then compare it to your play this game. THAT is what Skull is talking about. Your D1 play in that other game is how you should have played THIS game due to not being worried about being nk'ed.

Can you describe what was different? Because I thought we had this conversation already in this game and kind of came up with 'nothing much' as an answer.

I'll also note, at the end of Day 1 I kind of felt most players town read me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Post by Generic »

Should I assume your apology by pm to me Salamence was an empty one?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by Generic »

I should also point out that for all you shouting sal, the only reason I had to dig anything out was because you made the decision to sell me out.

You had no reason to do so. You could have thrown down the vote and said you will leave your partner to make the call.

As you pointed out to me, we are all to blame for the loss. So your rant is an empty one.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by d3x »

SG- For me, I think that your D1 play was much more in line with the TownSG I've seen multiple times elsewhere. There were some suspect things that {in hindsight} were faulty 'guilty by association' things with me. I found someone scummy and your interactions with them felt hollow/posturing. This post in particular caused me issues. Note, at that time I had the Investigation on LLD, but had yet to reveal it. After I started getting a strange feeling about some of said interactions, you slipped away. That only reinforced the unease I felt and heightened my ScumRead on you. By the time you became a higher priority, we were in the PoE phase, which I feel bad about. I floated it as an idea to progress, but I think it was far from the optimal way to go. {In hindsight, this was pretty solid posting :)}

re- Everything else: There's too much drama for my mama in here. I think there were big mistakes made from both sides of the discussion. While I personally don't think I would've bowed out like Generic did, I see no shame in it. I think there were enough concrete points that could've been made to solidify the same end result. I think the longer the Day played out, the stronger a chance RC would've chosen correctly when it came down to it. There were multiple points easily as damning as the one Boo brought up {the lack of a Hammer on RC} and while I see Generic as a good player, I don't see coming back from any of them.

Also- Thanks for the nods, RC and Boo. I enjoyed playing with you both, as well! I think my play here was very subpar, aside from the clutch {read-
no brainer
} Watch N1. I appreciate it, though. It's always good times playing with RC and I look forward to playing with you again, Boo. :)
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 1342, RedCoyote wrote:
Generic 1325 wrote:You chose to make a big deal of how you were going to vote boo.

No, I don't recall ever saying that, Gen. I don't recall making a big deal about wanting to vote either of you. I simply said that I wanted to think about it. That's just the way my mind likes to work... Anyway, I'll stop, I just wanted to express disapproval of your decision to do what you did. I can understand why it's causing strife though. Let's just agree to disagree. I wish you all the best, my friend.

---

Boo 1326 wrote:Yet you prefer to assume that I'm the dumbest scum ever than to look at it from a rational and logical point of view. It's not WIFOM that I would be town. I don't think you'll find a single person (except perhaps Salamence, maybe, who seems absolutely committed to thinking I'm a complete idiot) who would look at the facts you saw and decide, oooh, Boo is scum. Even Nati said if I pointed that out, she wouldn't have voted for me.

We just clearly have very, very different ways of mentally approaching these kinds of situations, Boo. I had no intention to imply in any way that you were "the dumbest scum" or "an idiot" or any other pejorative you can come up with. I feel bad that you took it that way, and I don't know how many other ways I can say that I don't think that whatsoever.

Let's just agree to disagree on the whole situation, because I think we're just talking right past one another at this point, and I'm clearly not able to explain where I'm coming from properly.

You played great. I appreciate you and your contributions. You had some great points there at the end. You are definitely not an idiot or dumb or anything of the sort. I was very glad to have you as part of our town. <3

I wish you all the best too.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:56 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1345, Generic wrote:I should also point out that for all you shouting sal, the only reason I had to dig anything out was because you made the decision to sell me out.

You had no reason to do so. You could have thrown down the vote and said you will leave your partner to make the call.

As you pointed out to me, we are all to blame for the loss. So your rant is an empty one.

I'll repeat what I said in it just for you:

It's my fault alone by outing you, but by self hammering, you are now part of the blame
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Bookitty »

I had a lot of fun in this game. I thought Skullduggery's flavour was excellent on all levels, though I don't know how Skull knew I was the Baconator in real life. :p I feel my culinary experience has expanded significantly, all because of this game. I'd never have thought of eating the sun, burlap sacks, toe jam, Ukrainian women of light virtue or unobtainium; yet, now I have, and I feel I'm the better for it. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have the chance to sample Hufu, but I guess it's best to leave some adventures for the future.

Natirasha's gambit was brilliantly timed and executed. Just flawless, in my opinion.

I don't really have an opinion on LLD's play, since I didn't get to see very much of it. Apart from falling for Nati's ploy, though, I thought Salamence played really well. Although I felt like the buddying was a bit over-the-top at times, myself, the conversation that started at and concluded at represents the first time I had serious doubts about Sala. Ironically, that just cemented my Generic townread, so it was ultimately good for scum. I've already complimented Generic, who seemed to mirror my own thoughts (which just shows how wrong I was) throughout the game.

In post 227, Bookitty wrote:I'm going to predict a Not Voting-Red Coyote-kthxbye scum team and we'll see how close I was at the end of the game.

Just so everyone can point and laugh :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”