VT - JKMatthews/kthxbye
VT - pitoli/Hoopla
VT - JuanJuan/DeasVail
VT - HookerPunch

SK (inv immune) - Aj The Epic

Mafia Role Cop - AngelInFreezer/GuyInFreezer
Mafia Goon - Nobody Special
Mafia Goon - notscience

Mafia Roleblocker - NOBODY, BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ONE - WHY DID EVERYONE THINK THERE WAS?

Night Actions:

Night 1 Actions:
Bubbajack - Investigate AJ (result: innocent)
Fuzzybutternut - Protect Bubbajack (resolves)
Marcmann - No action
Jon - Watch: kthxbye (Result: AngelInFreezer)
AJ - No action
AIF - Rolecop kthxbye (result: Vanilla)
Notscience - Kill Hoopla (resolves)

Night 2 Actions:
Bubbajack - Investigate Amrun (result: innocent)
Fuzzybutternut - Protect Bubba (resolves)
Marcmann - Commute (resolves)
Jon - No action
GIF - Rolecop Amrun (result: nurse)
notscience - Kill fuzzybutternut (resolves)

Night 3 Actions:
Bubbajack - Investigate kthxbye (result: innocent)
Amrun - Protect GIF (resolves)
Marcmann - No action
Jon - Jailkeep GIF (resolves)
GIF - Rolecop marcmann (no result)
NS - Kill Amrun (resolves)

Night 4 Actions:
Bubbajack - Investigate Nobody Special (result: guilty)
GIF - Rolecop Bubba (result: Macho Cop)
NS - Kill Jon (resolves)

Night 5 Actions:
GIF - Kill Bubba (resolves)
Bubba - Investigate DV (resolves)

Night 6 Actions:
MAFIA CELEBRATION

Role PMs:

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Your only abilities are your voice and your vote.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town member survives.

The game thread can be found here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28540

Please confirm by PM. Day 1 will start 48 hours after all role PMs have been sent out. See the game thread for the exact time.

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Town Macho Cop

In addition to your voice and your vote, you have the ability to investigate one player each night in order to determine whether they are pro-town (
innocent
) or anti-town (
guilty
).

Your Macho modifier prevents you from being protected by a standard protective role.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town member survives.

The game thread can be found here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28540

Please confirm by PM. Day 1 will start 48 hours after all role PMs have been sent out. See the game thread for the exact time.

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Town Doctor

In addition to your voice and your vote, you have the ability to target a player each night to protect them from any night-kills.

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Town Nurse

In addition to your voice and your vote, you are able to gain the abilities of a Doctor if an existing Doctor dies. If you gain the abilities of a doctor, you will then have the ability to target a player each night to protect them from any night-kills.

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Town 2-Shot Commuter

In addition to your voice and your vote, you have the ability to leave the town entirely at night when you choose to use your ability. Leaving town entirely makes you an invalid target for any night actions.

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Town Jack-of-all-Trades

In addition to your voice and your vote, you have the following one-shot abilities: Watcher, Jailkeeper. If you choose to use your Watcher ability, you can target a player to determine which players (if any) visit them during the night. If you choose to use your Jailkeeper ability, you will target a player to lock them up in your jail cell. Doing so makes them an invalid target for a night-kill and prevents them from using any night abilities that they may have.

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Mafia Goon
along with another Goon (notscience) and a Role Cop (AngelInFreezer).

Your faction has the ability to submit one kill per night. The person who submits the kill will be assumed to be the one carrying it out unless otherwise specified.

Your faction can talk in the scum QT during pre-game and at nights. The scum QT can be found here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/wRhPqcckjpYs

You win when you make up a majority of the remaining players or nothing can prevent that from happening

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Mafia Role Cop
along with two Goons (Nobody Special and notscience).

You have the ability each night to investigate one person to determine their role but not their alignment. For example, if you investigated a Vanilla Townie OR a Mafia Goon, you would receive the result: "Vanilla".

Your faction has the ability to submit one kill per night. The person who submits the kill will be assumed to be the one carrying it out unless otherwise specified.

Your faction can talk in the scum QT during pre-game and at nights. The scum QT can be found here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/wRhPqcckjpYs

You win when you make up a majority of the remaining players or nothing can prevent that from happening

Welcome to Mini 1454!

You are a
Serial Killer

Each night, you have the ability to carry out a kill on another player.

You are investigation-immune. This means that if you are targeted by any ability that would normally return your role or alignment, it will appear as if you are a Vanilla Townie.

You win when all other players are dead OR when you are one of two remaining players.

Links to Relevant QTs:

Scum QT
Dead QT - This one has 283 posts and was an absolute riot.
Last edited by Rob14 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry guys. :(
marcmann2
marcmann2
Goon
marcmann2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by marcmann2 »

In post 1110, marcmann2 wrote:Some thoughts I want to put down in case I get lynched:

What else does jon know? He already claimed a PR, probably a watcher.

I've seen GIF pull tricks out of his sleeve as scum. Doubt it this game, but something to think about.

I have no clue on NS. Meta says town, but could he be playing off of his meta?

I think DV is town and I don't think we have 2 scum remaining. That would leave bubba or KTB. I think KTB is town, so if you lynch me today you should go after bubba tomorrow.

Vote bubba
The first half of this post ended up being pretty good. The second half, not so much.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Firstly, I hate you GiF.
Secondly, sorry I didn't listen DV.
Thirdly, sorry to let ya down town.
Finally, GG GiF, I still hate you.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Final Mod Thoughts:

This was a torturous game for those watching, but it was fun to mod. No real issues (except one very minor mod slip-up that did not influence the game in any way). Great activity, which I would like to thank you all for - with only 3 activity-based replacements (and one of them being me throwing AA out of his hydra), you guys made this pretty damn easy for my first time. Thanks for being gentle.

Let's talk gameplay. OMG. When a PR claim is contradicted by someone else, and that someone else flips town, you now have 0 excuses not to lynch the lying PR. Props to GIF for talking his way out of situations that I probably would have just self-voted during. GIF was persistent despite all odds (even if he tended to cause the bad odds). This was definitely more a case of town losing than scum winning, though. See Dead QT for more details - seriously, it's like 280 posts of us going "WHY TOWN WHY". It was really fun to participate in though - I rarely see Dead QTs that active, and it's very fun for the mod when they're able to talk to deceased players actively about how the game is unfolding throughout. Cheers especially to Amrun for keeping me comapny in there.

Let's talk balance. Yes, town has a lot of protective power. But look at the game - 9v3v1. My reviewers and I were concerned with a worst-case scenario in which the SK stays alive for awhile and the SK/scum team hit all or primarily town players. This could mean a loss for town with only a single mislynch in a worst case scenario. To counteract that, a decent number of protective roles were put in. I'm happy with the balance of town power, even if they did wind up being overpowered by Day 3 due to the early SK lynch and the decision by AJ not to kill at all. Of course, that's not something I can plan for, as if I planned on the SK not killing the result would be a hopelessly underpowered town if the SK actually killed (which tends to happen more often than not). On final reflection, I'm actually not so happy with the scum power. The RoleCop should have been a Roleblocker. They won anyway, though, so *shrug*. You live and you learn.

I'm not going to advertise any of my upcoming games here because I don't want to pressure anyone or spam the thread, but if anyone is interested in participating in any future games I plan to mod, PM me. I'll be able to give you a list of setups in my pipeline (no gay jokes, please). I have quite a few stored up, some of which still have pre-ins available.

So yeah. Thanks for participating in this game. You guys played great.
except for the entire town
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

The roleblocker thing was because Bubba claimed cop, not macho cop by the way.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Yeah, but you guys seemed to all stick with it when he clarified that he was Macho, AND when he flipped Macho.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Amrun »

Oh. My. God.

I hate everyone in the world.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1307, Amrun wrote:Oh. My. God.

I hate everyone in the world.
This sums up the dead QT, by the way.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by Amrun »

I just can't...

Conflicting reports, shifting claims, literally arguing with town about how they're wrong about how many scum there are...

I am beyond words.

I need a fucking drink.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I wanted to stab myself multiple times and just quit when Jon said "I know you visited someone else"
After that, I just went all "balls of steel" mode.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

The only option i had was to do something unexpectedly crazy until town believes that my actions are too crazy to be scum ;-;
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Amrun »

Props to you for somehow pulling that off, even though there is no way in hell anyone should have bought it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Yeah, looking back I want to restate my hammer post.

Should have went 'going with gut over logic'. I wasn't thinking clearly. I should have known that my initial thought when GiF claimed to have a result from last night on DV was correct in thinking that GiF was scum and screwed up by not claiming he was RB'ed. During my read during night phase, I even told myself that if he said he wasn't RB'ed he was scum fake claiming. I forgot I told myself that and fucked up. That was the logic part. In hindsight, I'm a complete moron.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yeah honestly, you did, but you were far from the only person. Even DV was like "yeah, he looks more town than me" and I was like "sweet baby Jesus please stab me in the fucking face."

Jon probably wins the award for biggest derp though. Shit, dude.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I started to fuck up hard the day I expected doc/nurse were good enough and claimed tracker.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

Your bussing was good. I had you as scum, but I was honestly surprised by not's flip and that's why.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

And then a fucking watcher claim.
Managed to pull up bullshit logic to get Marc lynched. (I wanted him dead before he brings up newb 1339, which I pulled the same thing off)
Since I thought Jon "claimed" watcher, I srsly thought Marc commuted n3 instead of n2
And then bubba claims cop and suspects his inno so I thought he was fake

I was literally like "fuck I'm sooooooo screwed" so I lurked until bubba posts result (and prayed that he didn't get inno)

Ugh the hell I've been through after the fail setup spec
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

That'll teach you not to assume. :P
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Yeah GiF, the bussing was what made me go with gut over logic....I still hate you.

DV: I wish you had been in the game from the start. A large part of the reason I had a hard time believing you was due to Juan's play.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1318, Amrun wrote:That'll teach you not to assume. :P
Amen
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Amrun »

The dead qt is worth a read for some laughs.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Meh
They probably were going
"OMG GIF IS OBVSCUM WHY YOU NO LYNCH HIM DEAD ALREADY"
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Why did you make that assumption, by the way?

You thought a Doc and Nurse balanced out an SK and a 3-man scum team with a rolecop? Huh? That setup spec was one thing that confused me a lot.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Rob14 »

And yes, GIF - we were.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”