Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Gorrad wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I'm suspicious of players that defend, with disproportionate passion, worthless players/lurkers/zwet. That's something that scum will do to earn town cred. Not always; but I've seen it a lot. That's what raider was doing. If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.
Even townies need to defend themselves with passion. Who is to say that a townie should not go all out and defend themselves? I had people who roll over and die, nothing is gained from that. Letting myself be lynched without a fight or even just a little fight goes against my win condition. Plus when I do get lynched or die and then become a confirmed townie people can at least take what I say as a confirmed townie. I have seen a lot of people use this reasoning, I have never quite understood it as I have seen it both ways.
This rant has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I never said townies SHOULDN'T 'defend themselves with passion'. I said scum are more likely to.

DoS, you just claimed vanilla I believe. Care to add a flavor to that?
That doesn't make any sense. 'Town should defend themselves with passion, but I consider that a scum-tell.' WtF?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Gorrad wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:...If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.
This is a large. Just because they aren't scum together doesn't mean that they can't both be scum.
Oh yeah, that's true.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Iecerint »

I can't believe you didn't bring the quote where he says like "It would be foolish to lynch me. I have a powerful town role." I lol'd when he posted that in MM.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:55 am

Iecerint wrote:I can't believe you didn't bring the quote where he says like "It would be foolish to lynch me. I have a powerful town role." I lol'd when he posted that in MM.
Yes, that game had powerful roles up the wazoo, so it didn't wash as a mercy argument.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:55 am

Post by saberwolf »

Iecerint wrote:I can't believe you didn't bring the quote where he says like "It would be foolish to lynch me. I have a powerful town role." I lol'd when he posted that in MM.
I think I'm missing out on something...what is this about?
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Gorrad »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I'm suspicious of players that defend, with disproportionate passion, worthless players/lurkers/zwet. That's something that scum will do to earn town cred. Not always; but I've seen it a lot. That's what raider was doing. If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.
Even townies need to defend themselves with passion. Who is to say that a townie should not go all out and defend themselves? I had people who roll over and die, nothing is gained from that. Letting myself be lynched without a fight or even just a little fight goes against my win condition. Plus when I do get lynched or die and then become a confirmed townie people can at least take what I say as a confirmed townie. I have seen a lot of people use this reasoning, I have never quite understood it as I have seen it both ways.
This rant has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I never said townies SHOULDN'T 'defend themselves with passion'. I said scum are more likely to.

DoS, you just claimed vanilla I believe. Care to add a flavor to that?
That doesn't make any sense. 'Town should defend themselves with passion, but I consider that a scum-tell.' WtF?
Er, ok, I see how you could get that from what I said, but that's not how I meant it. I don't find defense a scumtell. I find lack of defense a towntell. Does that make more sense?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Iecerint »

DoS, as his only post of the day and his back-from-lurk post in Moviestar Madness, wrote:Killing me is truly a mistake, I have a powerful town role.
Which made me giggle a lot.

Gorrad's claim that true townies are A-OK with getting lynched is foreign to me.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:03 am

Post by saberwolf »

Iecerint wrote:
DoS, as his only post of the day and his back-from-lurk post in Moviestar Madness, wrote:Killing me is truly a mistake, I have a powerful town role.
Which made me giggle a lot.

Gorrad's claim that true townies are A-OK with getting lynched is foreign to me.
That really depends. There are certain situations where a self sacrifice is very beneficial to the town's interests.

The prisoner's dilemma in a four player lylo for example. It would be in the town's best interests for one of the two townies to get themselves lynched to improve the odds of a scum crosskill for the town win.

I haven't heard from RF in a while....where did he go?
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

Situations that clearly do not apply at present as counterexamples ftw. :roll:

I miss RF, too.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

DragonsofSummer wrote:I'm recently back from a break, my play style will be a little different than it was previously just based on time passed. Chris, I am not saying that you shouldn't look at me, I am just saying it appears you are looking at no one else (i.e. tunneling).

And I'm not saying they will ignore it forever, you misunderstand me. What I am saying is people have other concerns with other players they feel to be a better option than I am right now, so they are working those options instead.

You really feel I am being rigid and formal?

Also if you want to do more background on me or any player if you click on their profile you can look at all posts made by them through that (and as such games they have been in).
For more reference, mostly because I finally found the button that allowed me to track posts by one user. I made several notations about 'rust' and this was not out of context, because he made an excuse about his tone being different due to a break, which appears very false.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

And because it appears that DoS' lynch is going well, some other stuff to keep in mind.

Gorrad: I didn't like him from the start of day, and I am very weird about him still. I can offer nothing in the way of concrete suspicion, I just don't like his mannerisms. He appears very slick in his wording and his suspicions don't ring true, also his defense of DoS seems almost well timed, and if I am indeed correct about DoS being scum I would follow up with a heaping side of dead Gorrad tomorrow if at all possible because of his mentioning of the wifom defense.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

saberwolf wrote:ok, so chris, I looked over it, and I have come to the following conclusion:

You are both town.

You seem like the disgruntled townie. Scum would make a better case than you presented. As scum, DoS would be more likely to remain active to prove a point to continue to make you look bad.
On the flip side of things, if DoS is town, this post just rubs me the wrong way. I don't suspect DoS is going to flip town (if you hadn't gotten that hint yet) but I feel obligated to point this out, as this is the sole person who has actually looked at DoS heavily and said "seems town to me."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Nah, Gorrad is town. He's the Gorrad I know and love.

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Gorrad wrote:Er, ok, I see how you could get that from what I said, but that's not how I meant it. I don't find defense a scumtell. I find lack of defense a towntell. Does that make more sense?
lol, so what Zwet did should have been the biggest possible towntell? I understand what you are saying, at least I think. There is a line for defending oneself but if its crossed then it turns scummy. Cant say I agree but for me its when someone changes their defense when the first one they were using doesnt work.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Everyone can be wrong, you and I included. As I said, it isn't a heavy suspicion, but one I feel I should note as I noted it a lot earlier in the game, but moved on from it completely to focus my efforts on DoS.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Sir Chris wrote:Everyone can be wrong, you and I included. As I said, it isn't a heavy suspicion, but one I feel I should note as I noted it a lot earlier in the game, but moved on from it completely to focus my efforts on DoS.
I completely agree, no one is ever 100% in this game. I just dont think that is possible.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

I have a % system I use for thinking people are scum.

The most I will ever be sure of someone is scum without any other knowledge day one is 80%.

I am at about 85% right now with DoS given zwet's town flip.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Got exams so I'm V/LA till Wednesday. Since I'm free then I can catch upppppppppp. Halting all my activity till then, even modding.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Gorrad »

raider8169 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Er, ok, I see how you could get that from what I said, but that's not how I meant it. I don't find defense a scumtell. I find lack of defense a towntell. Does that make more sense?
lol, so what Zwet did should have been the biggest possible towntell? I understand what you are saying, at least I think. There is a line for defending oneself but if its crossed then it turns scummy. Cant say I agree but for me its when someone changes their defense when the first one they were using doesnt work.
No, Zwet was just lurking

Sir Chris, you should listen to DGB. DGB, unlike yourself, has played with me in the past. Alternately, you could read one of my games. For a great example of my being both slick and utterly off the mark (as you believe me to be) as town, I suggest Glork's first Weather Mafia.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

V/LA until Tuesday
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think Gorrad looked town until his bizarre claim about DoS's defense; even with that, though, I think Reckoner is the obvious suspect if DoS is scum.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Hmmmmmmm.....

Are all of y'all really so sure that DoS is WIFOMing with this lack of defense?
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Well, the thing is, one post in a sea of many, what is more likely: He has one "townish" post in a sea of many not as town and doesn't help town at all with that attitude, or he is scum trying to fake us?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Could someone explain to me why we're apparently impressed with DoS's post?
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

No one is impressed, least of all me. However, there is a common held belief that scum simply rolling over like he did there is extremely rare.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”