Newbie 2067 - Pizza! - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 1274, Save The Dragons wrote:I think it's just haschel here but I still want to double check when I have a chance
Got an actual case besides vague support for where you know another player is already suspicious?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

So I think it's just haschel.

D1-
Haschel comments about the vanilla townie in his opening post which at first I thought was fine but the more I think about it the weirder it is. If you're trying to draw the night kill, why claim vanilla townie? you just told scum not to kill you. nah i think it's to make people think he's town.

Haschel brings Hockeyfan to E-1 really early and says my bad and unvotes but it could have been intentional

Haschel chooses Zyla to target but keep in mind he's still scumreading strange. I think he was trying to stay off of Strangematter's mislim here while still shading them.

D2-
Haschel does nothing

D3-
Haschel starts by trying to shade Zyla some more.

Haschel votes for Hockeyfan

And that's basically all he does D3.

I think he's mostly lurking scum trying to shade Zyla when he can. I wish I could say more but Haschel doesn't do much the entire game. He has a lot of seemingly helpful posts that are actually just empty:

He stays off of Strangematter but still is suspicious of them, adding fuel to the fire. More desperate on D3, he makes sure he piles onto Hockey's wagon for Hockey's mislim. That's what I think is happening.

I don't think there's any interaction between haschel and luke. Luke throws a vote on haschel and puts him at e-1 for not talking but quickly gets off, probably knowing haschel's not going to get eliminated for just not talking and making sure to get off quickly anyway.

VOTE: Haschel

If it's Pav, good job man, you got me fooled.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:22 am

In post 1276, Save The Dragons wrote:D1-
Haschel comments about the vanilla townie in his opening post which at first I thought was fine but the more I think about it the weirder it is. If you're trying to draw the night kill, why claim vanilla townie? you just told scum not to kill you. nah i think it's to make people think he's town.
I have already said that I never claimed VT; I was answering an RQS question. I've explained this several times and the fact you are still harping on it is weird.
Haschel chooses Zyla to target but keep in mind he's still scumreading strange. I think he was trying to stay off of Strangematter's mislim here while still shading them.
This is a game with multiple scum in it, and to find all of them we need to talk about other people. Everybody had already given stances on Strange and at the time nobody had given a stance on Zyla. I thought Zyla was scummy at the time. Obviously the case I made on Zyla was wrong. But is there ANYTHING about it that suggests it wasn't made in good faith? No there is not.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1276, Save The Dragons wrote:If it's Pav, good job man, you got me fooled.
Same to you.

Zyla?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:27 am

Post by fferyllt »

Official prods will be suspended for the holiday weekend, and I will send out non-prod PMs reminding players of this game.

Zyla has been not-prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:46 am

In post 1278, Pavowski wrote:
In post 1276, Save The Dragons wrote:If it's Pav, good job man, you got me fooled.
Same to you.

Zyla?
Pav, look through STDs iso and tell me if you honestly see any scumhunting at all. My activity has been garbage but at least I’ve been trying when I’ve been here.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I have done scumhunting. My catchup poster d1 illuminate my thoughts and I've made my case against you now. I've posted reads multiple times. My activity has been pretty bad but I've been here
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1280, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Same to you.

Zyla?
Pav, look through STDs iso and tell me if you honestly see any scumhunting at all. My activity has been garbage but at least I’ve been trying when I’ve been here.
I'm on mobile right now so checking an iso will be difficult, but I'll make an effort when I get home this eve.

Problem is, both of you have had periods of "garbage activity" which I don't hold against you, but it has come at times which end up looking suspicious for each of you.

On balance I still lean towards Haschel for scum but I'm willing to UNVOTE: Haschel until tonight to take another look.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:14 am

In post 1281, Save The Dragons wrote:I have done scumhunting. My catchup poster d1 illuminate my thoughts and I've made my case against you now. I've posted reads multiple times. My activity has been pretty bad but I've been here
Your case against me is extremely thin and the reads you have given have either little/no explanation, focus on townreads, or see no follow up.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Zyla »

Forgot to mention temporary VLA
because of Pokemon Community day
, whoops

I should be back to being able to post normally, so I'm gonna go through the three ISOs again now
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Pavowski »

Spoiler:
In post 1271, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Lukewarm knew he was going to flip and gave some last reads. He pegged the scumteam as Pav/STD.

From my perspective obviously he was giving cover to his partner by calling them scum; since I know I'm town and Zyla is confirmed town this isn't up for debate with me. The question becomes who was he giving a worse reason for scumreading? He wanted to express suspicion of his partner but not in a way that would actually lead to danger.

The big things Luke said about STD was that he liked STD's reaction to my questioning of Strange but didn't like the line about "cutting a new player slack". That's weak. He was willing to lim STD instead of Strange because " I would expect more coming from his slot since he is an SE this game, but then he has also said he has irl stuff going on, so idk. Not planning on pushing here, but am willing to move there if it is the difference between a no-elim or not." On Day 2 he shifts to a case on STD which isn't bad, but isn't the sort of case that will get other people to jump on board.

Finally he says
GTH, the scum team is still [STD, Pav] imo. Finding out that we have a jailkeeper who saved me has only strengthened that read. It now makes Way More sense for the two of them to come out of the gate bussing one another. If they knew that there was a 50/50 chance that the jailkeeper had targeted the scum who tried to kill me, then yeah, they needed to start the day off working as hard as they could to make sure that they were not seen as partners. Scum are paranoid, and would have seen this day as a ticking time bomb until the jailkeeper outed one of them.
The partnership he floats is obviously wrong, but he makes a decent point about scum knowing there's a 50/50 chance that the jailkeeper targeted scum. And who does he try to distance himself from first-thing? STD.

Pav has struck me as a decent townread all game while Fen has been closer to null. I think a Luke/STD partnership is a lot more likely than Luke/Pav.

Vote: Save The Dragons

1271 is giving me pause here, now I have to go reread Luke again...
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Zyla »

Looking through Pav's ISO, here's the posts that stick out
, Pavowski RVS votes Luke. NAI for the most part, but it's interesting when you note our last game together (with Luke) where the first thing that I do that gives Luke a clue that I'm scum was say that I'd RVS a scumbuddy

, Pav reads Luke as null
, Pav says Luke "has pinged me in a distinctly scummy way."
, Pav says about Luke/Haschel "I'm not particularly scumreading either of them right now" (not that they were towny, just that they weren't scummy)
But then comes and . Pav claims that Luke has seemed town all the way. I don't see this represented in his history. Also of note is the "first scummy thing" contridicting 803

, Pav posts voting summary, he voted for Luke (RVS), Cyrus, and Strange
Which sets up the second part of Luke's , and the two of them vote together

In post 917, Pavowski wrote:[...]Lack of death doesn't necessarily indicate a doctor. (Although I would admit it seems overwhelmingly likely.)
This is intriguing, because it feels like reverse tmi, as if Pav knows the truth, but says the exact opposite is the most probable
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 1206, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Gonna
Vote: HockeyFan
; he's the most likely partner for Lukewarm.
You know, I'm not sure you ever explained why I thought this
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 1287, Zyla wrote:
You know, I'm not sure you ever explained why you thought this

Looking through STDs ISO, and honestly? Nothing really stands out, for the most part his progressions on reads seem to make total sense to me.
But then looking over it adding Luke in? I don't really see any meaningful interaction between them, there's almost nothing there. But after Luke is pretty much guaranteed to go down, he starts pushing harder for STD than anyone else. Is he distancing, or just trying to get us to miselim before voting him off?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1288, Zyla wrote:
In post 1287, Zyla wrote:
You know, I'm not sure you ever explained why you thought this

Looking through STDs ISO, and honestly? Nothing really stands out, for the most part his progressions on reads seem to make total sense to me.
But then looking over it adding Luke in? I don't really see any meaningful interaction between them, there's almost nothing there. But after Luke is pretty much guaranteed to go down, he starts pushing harder for STD than anyone else. Is he distancing, or just trying to get us to miselim before voting him off?
I've gone back and forth over what Luke was doing with STD and me there while his time was up and I just dunno what to make of it. Like if he'd flipped town it's good cause to look at both of us, but since he flipped scum - and of course he knew he'd flip scum - what does he expect us to do with that? He can't clear 2 people, as there aren't two scum slots to clear. I just... What?

He has to know anything he says will be measured and turned inside out. But that brings me back to Haschel, whom he mostly steers away from in those final posts. That feels tactical.

I just look at all the work Luke did to make it look like STD and I were the team, even after he was cooked. I think he was setting up miselims, and I think he was hoping to get them even after he was gone. I really can't see him bussing his scum partner like that. He was gunning for STD until I voiced some sus on him and then he turned it all on me.

So I'm back to where I started today. I'm back to Haschel.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Same to you.

Zyla?
I looked back for scum hunting from STD. I don't see a lot, but I don't see any association between them despite a fair bit of interaction. Meanwhile there is very little interaction between Luke and Haschel, almost like they're invisible to each other.

VOTE: Haschel and if I've been played, then I've been played.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:49 pm

He was gunning for STD until I voiced some sus on him and then he turned it all on me.
That’s partially my point! He was gunning for STD until it looked like STD might actually gain traction and then he took his foot off the pedal.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-3

Though only an hour or so away from New York City, New Haven, Connecticut has their own style of pizza, or as they say, "apizza". It started with adding Pecorino Romano cheese to the traditional mozzarella, but didn't stop there. Garlic, clams, and even lobster are common toppings in a nod to the city's maritime history and culture. The crust is thin and crispy and the toppings are more dry than a New York style pie. A "plain" New Haven apizza would consist of crust, oregano, tomato sauce and Pecorino Romano cheese.

Haschel Cedricson
(2): Save The Dragons, Pavowski
Save The Dragons
(1): Haschel Cedricson

Not Voting
(1): Zyla

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: July 8, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-07-08 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Zyla »

Eh, I'm gonna go with my gut

VOTE: Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:16 am

GG

That handwaving away of Lukewarm’s last distancing actually makes me think it may be Pav after all.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:35 am

Post by Pavowski »

It's not. It was an impressive bit of performance by him, but it's not.

Zyla's vote was the hammer, I guess that implies STD was our last scum?

Heck.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4-4

Brazilian pizza crusts may seem similar to Neopolitan, but the toppings are anything but. In Rio de Janeiro and surrounding areas, peas are the most popular pizza topping. Quail eggs, shrimp and raisins aren’t uncommon either.

Haschel Cedricson
(3): Save The Dragons, Pavowski, Zyla
Save The Dragons
(1): Haschel Cedricson

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: July 8, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-07-08 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
[/quote]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

Haschel Cedrickson was a
Vanilla Townie

The
Mafia Team
of
Lukewarm
and
Save The Dragons
has won!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks so much for playing!

I'll post the PTs shortly.

Thread reopened!

Idic
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:55 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ggs. Still think you all played into interactions too much.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Zyla »

*Dang* I actually even noticed the worrying relationship with Luke and STD and still didn't get it xD

Good game all, and well played Scumteam!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”