ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:51 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1271, GuyInFreezer wrote:Tbh I really hoped that ns was town because I liked his new(?) Playstyle.
Yeah... have to agree with you here.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:58 am

Post by notscience »

;_;
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Malakittens »

I shoulda listened to Mantis on Ns :P

Good job guys <3
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1274, Infinity 324 wrote:I KNEW NOTSCIENCE WAS SCUM FROM THE MOMENT HE REPLACED IN

Nice game! Correct guesses by town power pretty much won it for them (good job rt and ceph).

Top 3 scumreads

D1 It was ns, SOS, and dessew I think. SOS because gut I guess, and I never saw what was town about them. (gif posting more would help, I have a much easier time reading him). Also I never understood the DB wagon

D2 It was nati, ns, and ceph. Rt's case helped with the nati read. Ceph was just being really weird I think

In terms of my reads, people were being weird this game. On d2 for example, I would've had scumreads on Brian, SOS, and Mario in addition to the ones I had before if there could've been that many scum.

What I learned from this game: weird =/= scum, and I can't read ffery.
I'm not sure what all the common denominators are, but some scumhunting styles tend to wind up with town-me in the scumpile. I have thoughts on at least some of the factors, but I feel like those attributes of my town game also help me develop reads and to some extent influence bandwagons, so I don't want to mess with my town game too much..
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1273, notscience wrote:
In post 1271, GuyInFreezer wrote:Tbh I really hoped that ns was town because I liked his new(?) Playstyle.

Me too :/

Im going to try it again
What I don't understand is why you didn't use it in mini 1494

Pedit: Yeah it's probably just your different playstyle
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1272, Cephrir wrote:I was way off base this game. WHich isn't surprising, really. Good job ignoring me.
i think most people's reads were slightly off base for most of it.

i would have suspected nati D2 anyway, but i don't know if i would have pushed as hard for his lynch if i didn't outright know he was scum.

i suspected brian skies could be town because of the way he was so willing to vote nati near the start of D2 (811 or whatever post it was) but then i realised it was just empty distancing and he was avoiding this thread while posting elsewhere, which is why i changed my mind about him towards the end of D2.

and ns was meh. i read his posts as townish D1 but could never really put him in my town pile. D4 was just PoE, really. he was the only one that made sense as scum.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

btw,

@nati,
Cabd wrote:
Guilty.
Natirasha has a cell phone hidden on him.
In post 835, Rail Tracer wrote:O
M
G

it just hit me.
natirasha wrote:Ugh...phone ate my post. Shit sucks.
YOU CHEATING FUCK
In post 3, Cabd wrote:
But wait. It seems that the cameraman spied a flash of backlit cell phones. Everybody knows cheating is wrong! You can't just google the answers! The cameraman makes you a deal. Turn in the cheaters, and the game can continue. Otherwise, you all are going to be hoofing it from the middle of nowhere, which is exactly where this cab is headed.
CONFIRMED SCUM
In post 837, Natirasha wrote:Lol. Thanks for the laugh. Seriously, it was getting pretty serious in here.
In post 838, Rail Tracer wrote:#835 is the only serious post i've made today.

:P
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:11 am

Post by beastcharizard »

This is the first game I replaced into that I have won. The game was fun from what I played.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Good game, town! Again, sorry for my forced replacement.

I'm glad Ceph was up to the task and used the role appropriately (Crumbing).

I'm even more glad that RT went after Saki/Nati. I liked how SoS/Rebel played and yet, If I mod a game, I'd still ban hydras (Having people name heads and confusing things all around is annoying). RT doesn't count since he played on his own and I didn't like AK. I'm explaining this just in case anyone has forgotten how this game started. There's a slight crumb in that first post as well, so I couldn't just not say anything.

RT played a great game all around scumhunting and being open to update his positions.

I didn't read things properly since I left so I can't accurately comment on things but ProHawk left me with a great impression.

prev-edit:
@zMuffinMan: heh, I now see saki said who your head was but I really never registered it until now. Thanks for inspecting Saki. The way she acted, while trying to hide behind that pathetic scummy meta, had what I considered fundamental red flags. It's one thing to be careless and another to FAKE carelessness. There were a couple of things that suggested the latter like .

Brian was hard to read for most since he did questionable things but also effectively played the newbie card and also managed to display signs of taking effort (The whole thing about reading my modded game seemed to convince quite a number of people).

I was wrong about HC/FuzzDunn but their and mine replacement means we'll never know how it would've gone down.

It's worth noting that, not only did the town PRs do a good job but scum, on average, did a regular job during the day and an awful job during the night. I thought one of RT, Rebel or me would get shot night 1 and I was quite preoccupied that I wouldn't make it through to use my power. Having been replaced by ceph might have helped. We'll have to ask scum.

There's an interesting dead QT out there. I'll let the mod post it though.
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

oh, it was quite funny when RT had to correct people that Ceph was my replacement and not HC's
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

To me, the number of replacements in the game was more confusing than the number of hydrae. I was constantly referring back to the first post to try and figure out who replaced whom and whether I thought a replacement was in a scummy slot.

Idic
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Good point. Specially because the early wagons and suspects were the first to require replacements. I guess it didn't bother because, since I was dead, I never needed to check again. I mean, I'm just realizing ProHawk replaced Mogamma/HC.

My dream is an MS game without replacements or flailing (Except, of course, the odd emergency that might arise). Having more replacements than original players is absurd but I'm seeing it all too often, in games of late.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Cabd »

Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i have one really, really major question for the mod.

how did scum daytalk in the cab with us?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Cabd »

They were texting back and forth like cheating scumfucks while you weren't paying attention.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

and backseat is the neighbor thread? :P
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

Soo Hp why didn't you like us?

Was the first time mantis and I hydra'd together, but overall I think it went fine. >.>

Your first post did rub me the wrong way. Reminded me of a game where my scum partner decided he wanted to policy lynch hydras and used it to bus us. ._.

Rt somewhere pissed me off in the course of the game so I stopped posting completely.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:22 am

Post by notscience »

Lolololol dj
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:29 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Finale

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

mmm... I hope reading the qt makes people understand they shouldn't tolerate scummy behaviour as meta because it's absolutely exploited. And even if you do tolerate it to a certain extent, that doesn't mean you can't push those uncooperative players into being telling in one way or another.
163 HP wrote:@SOS & related to @Saki:
SOS excusing saki for DOING NOTHING (retracting a fake claim) is absurd. We don't need to reward that kind of playstyle. "Playing more conservatively" means town? Why? Why can't he be scum who sees he's getting lynched to fast for joking around?
There's more in my ISO.

Saki got me replaced to save himself and might actually hurt his team in by allowing ceph to replace in, survive and expose brian.

If only nati had stuck to killing RT (of course, there's always the possibility of a protection of a pro-town player, though).

"Ceph is a PR" conclusion had me laughing. When ceph claimed, I was somewhat worried that he had made his role (Hider) obvious but it really didn't matter since he only had to crumb his target and crumb the clearance if he survived or hope town saw who was scum if he didn't.

I gotta say, I feel for NS.
t
Daytalk seems quite powerful but there's also a con to it, it seems. Self-conscious players might over-debate things instead of just reacting the way they'd do as town. That over-thinking can lead to lack of authenticity in their posts.

prev-edit:
@AK:You called a lot of people town. One scum. Gave no reasons. Were absent for a while. Seemed to slightly tarnish people without actually pursuing them. Outright "missed" some of the questions I asked (Even though I reminded you of them). Later on, I don't know how you played, exactly, since I wasn't paying that much attention but still, your playstyle seems to require others trusting you or prodding you enough for actual explanations.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

thanks for the game cabd :)

ya, i was pretty stuck on NS which was why i kept calling Nati town. Brian did a really good job as scum, too.

sorry HP - i didn't quite realize i was outright ignoring questions... pretty sure mala didn't either.
and ya, i had way too many town reads this game
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

With one notable exception!

Idic
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Natirasha »

Yeah, I should have stayed on RT night one and killed him. I maintain that this game was over before roles were distributed, though. Played poorly and lost. Becursed Muffins.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Titus »

NS, good job here. You lost but I like you went down swinging. Death tunneling me never works to be unnoticed though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by notscience »