surviva316
surviva316
Townie
surviva316
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by surviva316 »

I wrote a long post about how it's silly to be upset about long posts as town, but I decided that would just make me an unpopular fellow.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1273, Cabd wrote:
In post 1272, Magua wrote:> Mafia claims Mafia in lylo situation

> town lynches someone else
Correction. NAOMI lynches someone else.
This is not fair. Naomi isn't entirely to blame for D3. When scum claims scum, ALL town should immediately vote. If anyone doesn't immediately vote the claimed scum, there's room for doubt.

Fery, I agree I wasn't looking particularly town. I honestly wanted to push one of you/cheery/Yates hard, but any case I could have made would have been fabricated to fit my gut read.

I'm mildly annoyed at myself, since in this game, my gut was right, but I decided not to follow it, whereas in the other game I just finished and lost, I wrongly trusted a gut-townread, when logic said otherwise, and I had the rest of the scumread down. I should just start flipping a coin :]
Wandering but not lost
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1270, GuyInFreezer wrote:Fery you can't blame apathy for your loss and you know why :)
True! Apathy is not always a bad thing!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I went the full jailkeeper claim because I was expecting a vig to exist and after morph didn't claim it, my mind went to shamrock being the vig, felt the game needed a protective role and went for it. (would have claimed it had I been brought up we well). Never thought about needing to restrict the ability until morph's x shot come claim - but on thinking the second kills had been brought by a vig.

Then I thought about how to possibly avoid the lynch and went a claim scum approach and attempting to get WIFOM happening more about the size of the scum team figuring what I was claiming sounded better to me about balance rather than what I knew we had.
I was disappointed in that the first reaction came from surviva and that I felt I'd them failed.

Even I as the claimed scum wanted to point out to Naomi that morph wasn't going to be quick lynched on my vote because of
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Yates »

I wrote this before the site went down for a bit this afternoon but if you need to know why I replaced out, it's in the scum QT. I apologize to the mod and to the player base if my replacing out caused any swing in reads or anything but I was just spent and the amount of effort I could muster wasn't fair to my team. I've never had to replace out of a game before - including one I played while in the hospital! - but that was a messed up time for a bit.

I'm taking a short hiatus from mafiascum for a bit [probably just the rest of the month] to recharge the batteries. Of course, I will always replace in if a friend is in a pinch.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Loved the setup but this game proved to be frustrating for a variety of reasons.
No idea why you guys didnot lynch the claimed scum.
Not a dayvig.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Thanks a lot for modding GIF. I understand it was your first modded game? Either way you did an excellent job with an absolutely nightmare-ish stream of replacement requests.

Reads were difficult with the slot change overs, although I feel that should've leveled itself out over time. Can't say much about my limited play this game. Good game everyone. Well played to the scum team.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Spectator notes:

Welp, at least I was right about CD

Something was off about that slot since the beginning of the game.

Interesting to note that ppp's town play is similar to my scum play.

I knew TR was town!!! Elyse and ac can be scummy sometimes, but all their posts leading up to their lynch were genuine.

Yates had me convinced that serra and shamrock were scum (more on that later).

By d3 I still thought shamrock was scum. I started assuming the setup was 2 v. 1 v. 10 or else town was screwed. After NSin's scum claim, I speculated that the 3 scum were NSin/CD/shamrock and that shamrock was the SK since he was telling the vig to shoot (probably a bad tell in retrospect) and so if I was in the game I probably would have pushed for his lynch. The only problem with lynching mafia in that situation is that if both mafia and SK shoot town, that leads to an autoloss (either scum is lynched and town is killed, or town is lynched)

Anyway, great job to surviva, yates, fery, and cabd who I totally did not suspect.

Notes on yates as scum:

Yates, you make scummy things seem natural, natural things seem scummy, and ridiculous things seem reasonable. I may have been able to read you if I
really
tried, but the problem is exactly that I didn't examine you closely enough because nothing of yours stood out to me. You're always a gut scumread of mine, so that doesn't help, and you make everything you say, even the scummy things, seem completely natural. In addition, even your worst arguments subconsciously change a townread of mine (Shamrock) to a scumread, and a scumread of mine (serra) to an "I have no idea how this guy can be town" read.

Sorry about your loss, yates, and I hope see your scumgame in action again!
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by Tierce »

:shifty:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”