Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:22 am

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

In post 1149, Tammy wrote:@TSH - You bring up Toasty missing Shmugen's essay of reads. What is the point of pointing that out as part of your case against him? Do you think that's something likely to come from scum?

Well, I believe that town has to read the thread to find scum. Skipping a huge wall o' reads seems unlikely to come from town. And not commenting on it is OK, but he called out MathGirl/Shmugen for not posting.

@Shmugen-

Code: Select all

Toasty (mine)
Ludi (AV)

~P
-AV and PeregrineV-
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:25 am

Post by Nexus »

Of all the people to call out, he chooses Shmugen?

Explain.
Trans rights are human rights.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Duplicity »

Sorry, got caught up with a lot of other stuff all weekend and never actually got around to assigning time for this game. Not many of my reads have changed much. Still not a fan of the MoI wagon and Toasty is town so his wagon is worse. I do feel better about Hind being town though and want Nexus vigged even more now.

PS: Still giving out free cookies to those who join us on Implosion.

In post 1206, implosion wrote:I said it earlier:
this isn't the main reason that i voted toasty.
I voted him because of prior suspicion, and because the dramonic wagon stalled. That was really just something that I wanted to see toasty respond to. It was part of me revoting him, a very small part.

I know that this isn't your only reason for voting him but that doesn't change that I find your change along with your comments still coming across as incredibly contrived. Also your meta is pointless in this case because the biggest issue we're having with your play isn't so much about the quantity of your posts but rather the content and reads don't seem genuine and you haven't shown any real intention to consider your reads on a deeper level. For instance your suspicion of Alchemist earlier was terrible, we then said we don't think you could read him like that as town and see it as you setting up for a wagon-jump on him if it arisen as mafia, you then said Alchemist-town but no explanation between any of the thought processes.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:55 am

In post 1276, Nexus wrote:Of all the people to call out, he chooses Shmugen?

Explain.

In post 1003, Shmugen wrote:<Reads snipped>

15. MathGirl - That's me!
<Reads snipped>

In post 1072, ToastyToast wrote:<Reads snipped>
Null
15. MathGirl277: Who? Hopefully replacement posts soon.
<Reads snipped>
-AV and PeregrineV-
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 am

In post 1277, Duplicity wrote:Still not a fan of the MoI wagon and Toasty is town so his wagon is worse.

Agree on MoI wagon (not good), and would like to know why you think Toasty is town?

~P (here and above)
-AV and PeregrineV-
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 am

Post by Oversoul »

Toasty did stuff when pressured.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Duplicity »

Pretty much what Oversoul said. Toastys reaction and contribution to being wagoned and pressured comes across as very genuine town.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Oversoul »

I still encourage this Nexus wagon.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:15 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

I really reall think Teleporting Speed Hippos is a good lynch for today.

His posts are really empty, they're not accomplishing much in the way of reads or clarity, not attempting to convince anyone of anything, (like trying to convince people to hop on toasty or etc. because they think that particular slot is scum.), and there's not many of them. I already explained why I think toasty is town, and they didn't seem to have a problem with my line of thought, so I'm not sure why they're asking someone ELSE why they think toasty is town. Plus, it looks like they just threw my name in the ring because I've been on them for a while.

And that's just their recent spat of posting.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ludi, opinion on Nexus?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:22 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Has done absolutely nothing. I do like the vote on Alchemist, but other than that the slot is pretty rancid.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

52 pages closest lynch is infinity away

Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1286, SpyreX wrote:52 pages closest lynch is infinity away

it won't be if you vote Nexus

and convince Glork "5 votes" Paragon to vote with us
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

If we're going lurker, I'd rather go after TSH (12 posts, many I dislike) vs Nexus (5 posts). Though, I suppose if it comes down to it I could jump on Nexus as well.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

This isn't a lurker lynch
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Nexus »

TSH that isn't even a goddamn explanation
Trans rights are human rights.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:13 am

Post by UberNinja »

"Duplicity is scum" - UberNinja
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:29 am

In post 1283, Magister Ludi wrote:I really reall think Teleporting Speed Hippos is a good lynch for today.

His posts are really empty, they're not accomplishing much in the way of reads or clarity, not attempting to convince anyone of anything, (like trying to convince people to hop on toasty or etc. because they think that particular slot is scum.), and there's not many of them. I already explained why I think toasty is town, and they didn't seem to have a problem with my line of thought, so I'm not sure why they're asking someone ELSE why they think toasty is town. Plus, it looks like they just threw my name in the ring because I've been on them for a while.

And that's just their recent spat of posting.

I find Duplicity to be town, and has made posts reflecting many of my thoughts. It makes sense to ask him to explain a slot I find scummy to be town. You, no.

And AV is a big fan of your scumminess. Since we're a hydra, one for me, one for him.

And that's just my recent spat of posting, after I caught up and engaged in the game.

In post 1290, Nexus wrote:TSH that isn't even a goddamn explanation

Shit, I don't know if I can simplify it any more.

Player A: I'm player A. Blah 800 words.
Player B: Where is Player A? Why they no post?

@UN- Since I disagree, why?

~P
-AV and PeregrineV-
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am

Post by implosion »

Duplicity wrote:I know that this isn't your only reason for voting him but that doesn't change that I find your change along with your comments still coming across as incredibly contrived. Also your meta is pointless in this case because the biggest issue we're having with your play isn't so much about the quantity of your posts but rather the content and reads don't seem genuine and you haven't shown any real intention to consider your reads on a deeper level. For instance your suspicion of Alchemist earlier was terrible, we then said we don't think you could read him like that as town and see it as you setting up for a wagon-jump on him if it arisen as mafia, you then said Alchemist-town but no explanation between any of the thought processes.

didn't even see that post about my suspicion on alchemist.
If you think that i'm coming accross as contrived, really nothing i can say about that.
And as I've said, i think multiple times now:
I haven't justified most of my reads. I can justify them if you really want me to, but I don't generally spend time justifying townreads unless they're under pressure.

If you want me to justify a townread, ask.

Nexus is null. I wonder why. He's an okay lynch. Toasty is a better lynch.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

Tammy wrote:Nice of you to insinuate that I'm tunneling on MoI-town by bringing up my tunnel on Zdenek-town.

Thank you, I was quite proud of it.

If I cared more, I'd go find your posts about how I can't read you accurately and I've never seen you play scum and I'd replace our name with yours, but I don't think you'd appreciate the irony and, well, to be honest, I'm pretty lazy.

Tammy wrote:I notice that you're continuing with the commenting on things that matter little and not really engaging in the game much at all.

I also notice that you didn't answer my question concerning Spyrex. You have a scum read on him, and part of your argument against him was that he made a scummy attack on me in the beginning of the day. How can you reconcile this reasoning for why Spyrex attacking me is scummy if you have a scum read on me?

I comment on the things that I care to comment on. I've given a list of people I think is town, a list of people I think are scum, and a list of people who should be vigged but aren't worth wasting a lynch on.

I didn't, to be fair, make it into a wallpost two screens long. I could do that, but see above about me being lazy.

Re: Spyrex, you may want to step back because I'm going to whip some super advanced concepts at you. No, further back. You may want to put some goggles on, as well. Remember, safety is job one.

Now, ready? Finding SpyreX scummy is independent of finding you scummy.

Breathtakingly revolutionary, I know. Reads updated as more information came in. Were, eg, we to vig SpyreX tonight like we plan to, and he flips scum like we expect him to, then we'd adjust our read on you appropriately. Until then: no.

singersigner wrote:MoI...why am I all of a sudden town? I noticed you mentioned a change in read on me last time you posted, but no reason.

I know that you're not one into the reading, and I can sympathize, but if you do try, you'll see that I mentioned *no change* in read on you. We both think your play is terrible. Other head thinks you need to die for it, alignment independent. I think it's a towntell because I don't see scum ever saying the things that you have said because they're so terrible.

Unlike Katsuki, who is terrible and content-free, you provide content, so we don't want you vigged.

If you are disbelieving of me, feel free to ISO us and search for 'singer'.

Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:
Well, I believe that town has to read the thread to find scum. Skipping a huge wall o' reads seems unlikely to come from town.

I skip huge wall o' reads all the time. And huge walls.

In the meantime, let's
flail around
sheep Duplicity:
UNVOTE: Magister Ludi
VOTE: implosion
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 am

Post by UberNinja »

@ Tushie: Cuz, cuz
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am

Post by singersigner »

@MoI...you'll also note that at the beginning you stated that SpyreX and I were scum after I had stated my scum reads on the two of YOU, as well as regurgitating my reasons for thinking SpryeX was scum.

Now. You've since then stated twice that you both thought I was town with reasoning (the first one is what I asked you to clarify when I said "last time" but I can see how that's be too much for you to understand if you're trying to avoid the question).
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 1296, singersigner wrote:@MoI...you'll also note that at the beginning you stated that SpyreX and I were scum after I had stated my scum reads on the two of YOU, as well as regurgitating my reasons for thinking SpryeX was scum.

Now. You've since then stated twice that you both thought I was town with reasoning (the first one is what I asked you to clarify when I said "last time" but I can see how that's be too much for you to understand if you're trying to avoid the question).

I'll lay this down as nice as I can.

Other-head thinks that your play is terrible, and a detriment to the town, regardless of your alignment. He wants you to be scum because that's convenient to him, but he doesn't actually care if you are town. He thinks someone who comes in and posts what you posted needs to die, and if they're scum it's a bonus.

I disagree. I find your terrible play to be a towntell, and don't want you to die as a result. This is perhaps some form of "You did the right thing in MoCO, so I have faith in you," and just more that I don't think that killing people who are probably town is a good idea regardless of how bad they might be.

For those following along in our personal meta crusade, it's the exact same reaction we had to Norman in Good v Evil mafia. I said that Norman's behavior and aggressiveness were huge towntells, while other head said that his play was so terrible he needed to die regardless.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

Post by singersigner »

*sigh* I'll ISO you and search "singer" when I get back, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll find exactly what I questioned you on in the first place:

MoI: singer's town (no explanation)
MoI: singer's still town (no change)
Singer: the last time you said I was town but didn't provide reasoning, please explain
MoI: I SAID THERE WAS NO CHANGE DAMNIT YOU'RE AWFUL FOR NOT READING PROPERLY.

So now my question is this: was the original reason you thought I was town the fact that I'm "too stupid to be scum?" Cuz that was a really backhanded way to 1. Answer my question, and 2. Discredit me for asking it.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am

Post by singersigner »

Buh. I'm on my phone. I'll read your response later.

I'm getting that you guys aren't above policy lynches, though. Huh...

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”