mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:08 am

Post by mykonian »

Porochaz wrote:Myko it was a good game the only real critisism is that votecounts should be made regularly regardless of whether anyone has voted or not.
-shorter deadlines
-regular votecounts
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Porochaz »

It was really more towards the end, at the start it was fine as far as I can recall
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 am

Post by mykonian »

I know I can be a bit lazy, I'll just think about this next time.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Nice work, scumbags. :)
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

populartajo wrote:I nominated MBF for Don Corleone.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 30#2165930
You must all vote for me. I have won an award on this site every even-numbered year since I began. :P

Anyways, this game was fun. Kudos to Mykonian for hosting it. I didn't have much of a problem with the VCs and stuff, I've seen worse. Game might have dragged a bit, but part of the blame rests with the players there. I'd be interested in playing Flash Mafia 2.

Part of the reason I kept Rhinox alive was because I thought he wouldn't vote me, but also because with Porochaz gone I wasn't sure how AGOTI would react, or if White would quickvote, and to have 3 players required gave me more time. Also, I thought it'd be more fun and unexpected.

This game was tough. I tried to kill my Godfather early, but when Spyrex tore into me, I was worried that I'd die, be revealed as the Usurper, and get RayFrost killed the next day, giving the town an 8 to 1 advantage. Luckily, deadline panic set in and Pom got lynched. Then once Ray was gone Elvis came forth with an innocent on ROFL and Crypto. I got a bit worried once Tajo died right after Ray, and I was putting a lot of trust in that there was no doctor in the setup to protect Elvis. I think everyone else was expecting one, but I knew that, with a Usurper, it'd be unbalanced for the mafia.

Some key things said during nights were:

NIGHT ONE
- Ray: Tomorrow I'm going to keep SB as scum and rofl as town while poking suspicion at rofl and ignoring SB while just constantly shifting stances with everybody else (possibly showering MBF with suspicion, but this might be too obv, so I'll need to think that bit through)
- MBF: Ray has been no help to the town. No reason to start now. Since you're going to most likely get lynched tomorrow, there's no reason to make big posts to defend yourself.
- Tajo: You have a different mission, soldier, our victory heavily relies on what you do tomorrow.
NIGHT TWO
- MBF: OK, so GC wasn't a cop. I'm still looking for sings of one, Snow Bunny of AGOTI seem possible, however I'm beginning to think it's unlikely.
- Tajo: I get a feeling that rolf is playing without taking too much precaution, which makes me think that he could be a power role very easy to test. Elvis in also too quiet for my taste.
- Tajo: Yeah, I think spyrex is a good kill, Id really like to lynch him based on his defense of frost day 1, but I dont think other player seems to gather so much trust than him. Also, oretty sure he is going to vote you tomorrow and I dont think Im ready to lose you yet.
- MBF: I'm just indecisive about the kill. I want Spyrex to die, but I'm afraid that if he dies the finger points to me as the killer.
- Tajo: Dont worry, Spyrex kill is something normal in all the games he has played so far. He is very good at looking town.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Meh, good game scum.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Though, I still don't understand why this is a themed game rather than a large normal.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh hi, the game's over I see. GG all, 'specially MBF.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah myko can you explain why it was themed?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by mykonian »

inspiration for this game came from this post: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 81#1961781

If this game was modded in a normal queue, there would be no way I could use, Jesters, Cults, survivors etc. I would be limiting the roles I could use, thereby giving more information about the setup then I wanted to give.

This was the most important thing I asked from my reviewer (Hoopla), and this seemed to be the best way to do it, by making it themed, but already explaining in the signup thread that the game wouldn't have weird mechanics and that I would be completely free to choose my setup from there.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

So, it was only a partially mindscrew with your players to avoid setup guessing.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:35 am

Post by mykonian »

queue first post wrote:No complicated flavor here, just plain mafia.

No complicated roles here, just those from here

All of those roles might be used, but don't have to be.
The fact that this is in the themed queue makes everything possible.
But don't be afraid for a game, determined by the roles, that isn't mafia. This won't be such a game.
I hope I made clear that I was using it to have the possibility of making a setup with a cult, or something equally horrible. And that I made clear that it wouldn't be a powerrole heavy game. But you are right when you say that I wanted to avoid people guessing too much about the setup (and that the argument: "he can't be that role, because it wouldn't be normal" would be avoided)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”