don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by don_johnson »

hayatoBL wrote:
Unfortunately for me, don likes using Occam's razor so much.
haha. Occam's razor is the stalwart refuge of the lazy player. when I play I really try to read as little as possible for as long as possible and base my "reads" off of actions/votecounts/etc. in my experience, you can wifom yourself to hell if you analyze posts too much. its really the general ebb and flow that I try to grasp. other than defending both flipped scum, your posting in general was very town. had you bussed aegor outright I never would have paid as much attention to you. but congrats for playing underpowered. I don't think the set-up was unbalanced, per se, but certainly difficult for an all vanilla scum team.

gg all.

except flameaxe. you really did little else than insult people. tone down your anger and you might make a good townie. I say this with love. :mrgreen:
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm not going to dignify that with a response. You need to toughen up and be less of a whiny twat when you get wagoned. I can assure you, that situation won't be favorable to you many more times in the future.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

But in fairness, I apologize for the tirade day three. Your play was aggravating from my standpoint (and I'm sure others). I would suggest not being that adamant about an unvote for three days in the future. You would have had more time for a read if you just started it right off the bat rather than complaining for three days.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Good game. Sorry for replacing out.

The set up was pretty rough for scum and the scum kills were directed every day. I think it hit them hardest when Iceninja was put off the table from his claim. That said, it didn't really reach worst case scenario.

Explanation of play: I was completely blind to SoS for the entire game and I should've pushed Pieguyn differently. The reason I asked what everyone was reading me as was because of the basics I.e., scum don't like to form opinions on players when they're being town read/don't like to commit and make themselves inflexible. I tried to force the issue as I had posted enough that players would have had to have an opinion of me by then. Which worked okay, since I called out Aegor for his change in stance/vagueness? Aegor got me by implying that my play in another game(marriage, which ended recently) was different, so I backed off on him. I agree that Hayato did a really good job early in the game, but started making mistakes about half-way through day 1. It's pretty funny that he thought CBD was a traitor. :lol:

This was a pretty weird game from my stand point. Most of my problems were the same problems I've always had and the response I got was pretty varied, I think I just sucked.

MME played the solidest I think. He got town read and investigated correctly/pushed well. I have a feeling his activity dropped partly due to recognizing he was being town read too hard and hoped that the reads would cool off enough so that he wouldn't be killed at night, which, once again is solid play(maybe?).

@Frog, don't self vote. I don't really know how to increase your ability to scum hunt as I'm confused by the process myself. I usually rely on meta because I think that there are personal tells that give a player away. You mentioned specifically getting into arguments with town players, so my recommendation would be to go meta the person you're arguing with and seeing if they tend to argue with others as town more than scum. This might allow you to rethink who you're talking to and why they're arguing with you. This can be pretty fruitless though, since even if you figure out they're town you still have an angry arguer breathing down your neck.

@Flameaxe you're still right (and now very right) that it was dumb to make assumptions on Aegor's slot due to replacing out. Thank you for calling me out on that.

Thank you for playing with me everyone.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I'd also like to see the dead thread/scum thread if possible.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

pieguy if you ever come back to this game, don't try to read RC like a normal person, you'll just frustrate yourself
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Rem: With the mindset "There has to be a traitor", I searched the thread for crumbs. Obviously, I found nothing.

So even a post such as this would suggest to me, your slot was a traitor-slot somehow. Now I just feel silly. :D
In post 143, Remembrance wrote:
In post 137, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
@ Mod, I'd like to be replaced.

My connection with this website is in and out, and too many peoples to track. I'm going to do another noob game.
@Hayato, what do you think of this post?
Here you point towards two scum with (IMO) a silly question. I saw no town-motivation in this question.

Here you go: A lot of me talking to myself. Scum-QT
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:16 am

Post by ICEninja »

Flame, with my 30 or so games played here, I have never once encountered a player more toxic than you. I've encountered other players who were assholes too but they were almost always provoked or had otherwise other reasons for being so rude. You're just a toxic person who posted blatantly horrible things for no reason. It not only prevented this
game
(this is a game, right?) from being fun but it also unbalanced me and impacted my scum hunting, and significantly distracted me from finding scum. That right there makes your strategy as town very counter productive.

"Oh but ICEninja you're such a pussy and should grow a pair to not be upset when insulted, you're sensitive blah blah blah" yeah, I'm a somewhat sensitive person. I'm not the only one.

You had absolutely no base to behave the way you did.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Ok.gif

Your scum hunting is lackluster at best, and you have a bit of an ego issue, intended or not. I think you are making a bigger deal out of the ad hom (and did so in game). If you want to let someone calling you a moron cloud your judgement that much, fine. Was I out of line in places? Sure. Arguing with brick walls that think they are gods gift to this game does that to people.

It's a game about hanging people, after all.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Flameaxe »

You played like shit this game, you can't blame that on anyone but yourself. Period.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:36 am

Post by ICEninja »

I know I didn't play great this game, I have no illusion of that. But if you think you can absolve yourself from blame then you're fooling yourself.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 1260, ICEninja wrote:I know I didn't play great this game, I have no illusion of that. But if you think you can absolve yourself from blame then you're fooling yourself.
Who ever told you this is a thing deserves a punch to the neck.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

asking someone to unvote so I don't end up wasting a significant amount of time isn't "whining". its called being civil. are you old enough to have a job? you wouldn't work for someone without the guarantee of getting paid, would you? your comments in this direction and your behavior in that situation are simply immature and show a lack of common sense. you can't bank on the idea that random unknown players aren't going to hammer. that shit happens all the time. why would I want to read 20 pages spend 20 minutes of my life writing a post only to hit "submit" and find the thread locked? I have better shit to do like go ice skating, play my guitar, drink beer and smoke the ganj.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Except every player had posted and not hammered? Except you can see that the thread is locked on every page of the thread as you read? Quit making excuses for your bad play. Nothing was stopping you from making that reread long before your whiny rant. You spent more time whining for an unvote than you actually spent reading, and I'm immature?

Please. Enjoy ice skating.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Post by ICEninja »

100% of what Flame has said could have been said better without being a dick about it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 am

Post by don_johnson »

Flameaxe wrote: Quit making excuses for your bad play.
HAHAHAHA! how many scum wagons were you on? I love how you refer to me lynching all three scum and avoiding getting myself mislynched at a critical point in the game "bad play". its really puzzling how you see this issue. how do you not understand the "work" analogy I gave you? you're a joke.
flamingjackass wrote:Please. Enjoy ice skating.
always do.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I've never claimed to be anything I'm not in this game, quit putting words in my mouth.

Your play was fine during day three, but you went about it the wrong way. You were being intentionally obstructive for a reason that had no merit. Your analogy doesn't work in this case. Your "payment" for a good reread was unvotes. You don't get some money upfront to do a job, you do it and get the payoff after. If not, I want your job.

Your contribution to the game was lackluster until your reread day three. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have been at L-1 in the first place. You hopped on a late wagon day one and followed the cop in a 24 hour day two. That isn't special. Seriously, get over yourself.

And keep being mature with those quotes, buddy.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 1264, ICEninja wrote:100% of what Flame has said could have been said better without being a dick about it.
I strongly suggest you go back and read our interactions. I called you a moron and said no one was taking anything you said seriously. 1) You were. 2) No one was.

You got tunnel vision on me calling you bad (you are, I'm an expert in being bad at mafia), and are blaming me for your shitty play. If you have to blame someone else for you having a bad game, you're bad at mafia. Me calling you a moron didn't give you a day 1 wagon as a doctor. Me calling you a moron didn't lead to you claiming when you did.

I'm just telling you that you're overblowing what you think happened in this game between us.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

In post 1266, Flameaxe wrote: Your "payment" for a good reread was unvotes. You don't get some money upfront to do a job, you do it and get the payoff after. If not, I want your job.
in murica you get paid for all your work. you can get fired for poor work, but you have a legal right to be paid for your time.
flamingdingdong wrote:
And keep being mature with those quotes, buddy.
never.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

That analogy doesn't mean what you think it means.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 1232, Cabd wrote:Town Doctor, 2 shot cop, and X-shot Vig vs 3 goons?!?
That doesn't seem particularly unbalanced, though. It could lead to a follow the cop, but that's far less of an issue in a closed setup, I guess. Mafia certainly didn't need a roleblocker, or anything, that swings it the other way.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1270, Faraday wrote:
That doesn't seem particularly unbalanced, though. It could lead to a follow the cop, but that's far less of an issue in a closed setup, I guess. Mafia certainly didn't need a roleblocker, or anything, that swings it the other way.
I think the setup would have been more fair with a one shot strongman, or something less powerful than a roleblocker along those lines.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Flameaxe wrote:blah blah blah.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1271, Cabd wrote:
In post 1270, Faraday wrote:
I think the setup would have been more fair with a one shot strongman, or something less powerful than a roleblocker along those lines.
I agree with this.

TBH I think a Godfather would have been a decent fit as well. But I hate them.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

A godfather wasn't necessary. I could have never uncovered an entire 3 man scum team with my 2 shots. A roleblocker (x-shot or not) or a nk-immune goon (x-shot or not) would have been better imo.
Eek
!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”