Mini 765 - Welcome to Hambargarville GAME OVER!!

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Thanks for modding, hambargarz :D
I'm old now.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by Kreriov »

Good game. Getting the cop on N1 was the clincher I think. When I voted for IK I really was expecting Ojanen or MS to hammer him. IK killing himself put much more suspicion on me than I think there would have been otherwise. I was my turn to be on the lynch though, so what can you do.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by X »

MY FIRST VICTORY!!! MY FIRST TIME AS SCUM!!!
qwints wrote:
qwints - Is doing marvelously compared to what he usually does. If anyone has any knowledge of his meta, they'll know he's town.
Thanks X! - this may be the best reason for being night killed ever!
You're welcome! And it worked out for me, too. We got the Cop!
SerialClergyman wrote:Inactive mason partner that looked scummy as all hell really hurt us as well.
QFT.

Wall-E, everything that I said about logic, I still believe. I wasn't just saying that because I was scum.

There was one time that I saw someone say that IK and I could be scum together, but that was unlikely because I looked too pro-town. I seriously jumped for joy when I read that. I can't seem to find the quote.

I think we mafia may have had an advantage, but it was pretty close. The way we managed the Cop and the Masons helped us a lot. Good game, all.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 am

Post by hambargarz »

Thanks
This was my first game modding. Hope things ran smoothly.

There were a few hairy moments on the mod side.

I came very close to mod killing Wall-E previously. I made the mistake of not quoting the VT PM. And Wall-E quoted a section from his PM, specifically the "luckily you can vote" part. This could have potentially have cleared him as town to othe townies who could recognise that part from their own PMs as well as incriminate scum who might have voted Wall-E having received a different PM themselves. This would give the town an unfair advantage.

I had to decide how to step in. On one hand I would bring attention to it when otherwise no one may have noticed, or if I left it alone, the discussion may lead to it (people were beginning to discuss their PMs). I subsequently had to forbid detailed PM discussion and add to my rules to account for this situation.

Another moment was a drought of replacements and announced V/LA's heading into night 1. I had no choice but to make it drag along. I subsequently added the rule of strict 72hr night to fix this.

I learned alot about modding from this game. Next time it should run alot smoother
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Ojanen »

Good game, thank you everyone, congrats scum. :)
At the moment I feel mostly just like
Ojanen yesterday wrote: Why oh why are people so impatient with the votes???
Grrrrrrr!!!
:(

I was wrong about X but Kreriov and Sajin were my top suspects. I guess I should have had more time to be involved and more assertiveness. It was really frustating to have the two people I most believed in as townies (YB and Serial) go against each other so strongly.
Anyway, hope to see you around on the site.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Ojanen »

And next time someone makes me feel so incredibly pissed because of misreps as Kreriov I should probably shout on the top of my lungs, scream scum, and vote instead of being too composed about avoiding omgus. Gaaaaaaaah! :D

No but well played, scum.
billssabresyanks
billssabresyanks
Townie
billssabresyanks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 am

Post by billssabresyanks »

good game.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:37 am

Post by yellowbunny »

MS wrote:
yellowbunny wrote:
@everyone: I have been thinking about this a lot of D3. Should I have not saved Looker? After MS's suggestion that I should have tied Looker more closely to myself...would you have believed me if I had claimed after the death? Also, one thing I felt badly about (after Wall-e popped town...) was at least he was participating. Is it a good thing for town to save someone who you know is town but is scummy looking?
You definately did the right thing by saving him. Lynching unknown vanilla is better then known town mason from your perspective.
Hrm, okay.

I have to go back and reread your (MS') comments about playing the masons (and tying Cub to myself). What I said in game about not tying him too tightly to me for fear that it would make the lynch more inevitable (people might not believe the mason claim if they already thought we were scum partners). And sure, that would have made me confirmed town...but we still would have mislynched.

@everyone else: if you were in my shoes, would you have saved Looker? And I had really been counting on a cop to confirm the claims...in a mini-normal...there typically is a cop, right?

@Hambargarz: you did a great job moding. Ty. :)
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Ojanen »

yellowbunny wrote: @everyone else: if you were in my shoes, would you have saved Looker? And I had really been counting on a cop to confirm the claims...in a mini-normal...there typically is a cop, right?
Not familiar with mason theory, but in this game I thought the claim was the absolutely right thing to do. I thought you were transparent enough in a right way for the claim to be very convincing even without a cop confirmation option as you may have noticed during the game. Your partners let you down some, that was the main problem I guess.
To make your play even better, I thought maybe a little more caution with suspecting someone because they doubt your partner would be good, getting very protective towards a partner is very easy, even easier than protectivity over yourself. Staying really objective about the townieness of the arguments is hard when you know they're wrong.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I have finally read day 2, and after reading the entire thread, I have some very firm suspicions. Based on the very first post , I am going to argue that X, Kreriov and Sajin are the scum. This suspicion is so strong that I am not going to do the full analysis of all players I had promised.

Vote: X

yellowbunny wrote:(people might not believe the mason claim if they already thought we were scum partners)
As I have said in the game thread, I personally believe it's the other way around. Being masons is a perfectly good reason for being outspoken in your defense of an overall scummy player. Mafia however, can't really afford to be outspoken in defense of a scummy partner (unless they have VERY compelling arguments) because if the player somehow dies, they are going down with him.

On the other hand, mafia is probably going to try to defend a partner without trying to draw attention to it. It can help prevent the lynch, and should the partner die, they can always explain their defense away as not a very strong feeling, etcetera.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Kreriov »

@YB - I think you did exactly the right thing. We really had a tough choice as to whether or not to NK Looker on N1. The reason to tie yourself to your mason partner early on is so that if your partner is night killed, exposing his mason status, you can then claim or counter claim more easily. If the scum figure out you are mason partners, well, they have a pretty tough choice to make. About the only time I can think of that you would not want to save your partner from a lynch would be in a game where the cop is already dead and cannot confirm you.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

MichelSableheart wrote:I have finally read day 2, and after reading the entire thread, I have some very firm suspicions. Based on the very first post , I am going to argue that X, Kreriov and Sajin are the scum. This suspicion is so strong that I am not going to do the full analysis of all players I had promised.

Vote: X
:lol:
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:52 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”