ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by ooba »

scotmany12 wrote:I drive a Saab? Oh come on, I can afford better than that...

Anyways, I have 4 rolenames mentioned in my pm, one is Yos. Two others seem irrelevant at this point, but there is one name that might help us. I don't think it will help us with the situation with me and yos, but I think it might lead to something. Should I reveal this?
I'm a fan of revealing info and unraveling the mystery !!

Also , what does your flavor say about your son?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Only thing it says about him is that he knows nothing about my voyeurism.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

again, why are we trying to link flavor to alignments when the Mod said it will most likely not help us?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yosarian2, which PM are you referring to that said scot was your father Baxter? Role PM, or investigation PM?

Did you know he was your father before you watched Melissa? Did you know you had a father playing? Did you know he was scotmany? Did you have a hint that he was a bad guy?

Also, you've touched on this, but why not go after scotmany without revealing your role, etc. Sure you may be more likely to be killed than the average bear, but it seems that there was nothing to be lost from pursuing scotmany with logic rather than role claims, for a bit.

CKD: Yos2 claims to be a watcher who saw scot kill Melissa. Scot claims he didn't. One of them is either misled, or lying.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
FrankyPeanuts
FrankyPeanuts
Townie
FrankyPeanuts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by FrankyPeanuts »

In addition to guardian's questions Yosarian, do any of your PMs add insight to where you saw Baxtar/scot kill Marissa? Also, do any of them add detail in what caused your character's hatred for his father?

@Scotmany: If the name your going to reveal is helpful, then share if you wish.

ps, thanks Neko.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Skruffs »

The Day's First Vote Count!

BEHOLD! What monstrosity is this??

scotmany12 (4) - (creampuffeater,
undo
, Mike O' Malley,
Beep! Beep!,
Guardian
, neko2086, Yosarian2)
neko2086 (2) - (ooba, curiouskarmadog)

Guardian (1) - (scotmany12)
FrankyPeanuts (1) - (The Jester)
Mike O Malley (1) - (Goat)
The Goat (1) - (Rosso Carne)
Creampuffeater (1) - (Pianogwen81)

undo (0) - (
skitzer
)
Beep! Beep! (0) - (
curiouskarmadog
neko2086
Bird2234
)
curiouskarmadog (0) - (
Beep! Beep!
)
Yosarian2 -0- (
Guardian
)

Not Voting (7): (Guardian, undo, Beep! Beep!, skitzer, FrankyPeanuts, Khelvaster, The Goat)

The vote count, like the rest of this game, is unnecessarily confusing. I personally hate it when I am trying to review votes that people have made; if someone hops around a lot, you may only see one in three of their votes per vote count!
Well this vote count (should) take care of that, by showing EVERYONE person's vote and vote changes since the last vote count. All of the
scratched out
votes are NOT some weird role gimmick, they merely represent a vote that has been changed since the last vote count. :)

Players that no longer have any votes on them are still shown, if they had any votes on them between vote counts. This particular vote count was quite messy, future ones will be more regular and polite.

The color coding is more to help you guys see what is going on. Players in blue no longer have votes on them. Players in green have had one vote put on or taken off since last vote count. Players in brown have had a notable amount of 'activity' with them, one way or another.

If it seems too confusing, I will go back to normal votes, but it seems fun to me. Sorry about the delay!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:Yosarian2, which PM are you referring to that said scot was your father Baxter? Role PM, or investigation PM?
Investigation.
Did you know he was your father before you watched Melissa? Did you know you had a father playing? Did you know he was scotmany? Did you have a hint that he was a bad guy?
No, I didn't know much from my role PM. My role PM only mentioned his name, mentioned that I hate him, and mentioned the Saab in relation to another character.

To be specific, my role PM mentioned 3 names; my father, Marissa Walch, and a third person. I actually wasn't aware that Marissa was a NPC until the morning, so I'm not sure if the third person is a player or not; but I'll keep any details about that under my hat for now, since they might theoretically be useful in case someone claims that name later.

Everything else came from the investigative PM; that Scot is Baxter, and that he killed Marissa.
Also, you've touched on this, but why not go after scotmany without revealing your role, etc. Sure you may be more likely to be killed than the average bear, but it seems that there was nothing to be lost from pursuing scotmany with logic rather than role claims, for a bit.
Eh...perhaps, but if I was going to claim today, it was probably better I do so before he got wagoned to a claim; otherwise I couldn't prove I knew his rolename.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

FrankyPeanuts wrote:In addition to guardian's questions Yosarian, do any of your PMs add insight to where you saw Baxtar/scot kill Marissa? Also, do any of them add detail in what caused your character's hatred for his father?
Um...let me see. Nope, nothing about location in the investigative PM.

My role PM said something about how she was going to be going into town tonight...I have no idea if she got there or not.

As for the hatred; my role PM does mention something about my father trying to stop me and Marissa from eloping.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Ok, I don't know how much help this is going to be, but I'm going to reveal one of the names in my role pm. I know who Jake Riddles is. He was the person that I hired to edit the video cameras, so that was why he was in town.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:00 am

Post by ooba »

scotmany12 wrote:Ok, I don't know how much help this is going to be, but I'm going to reveal one of the names in my role pm. I know who Jake Riddles is. He was the person that I hired to edit the video cameras, so that was why he was in town.
So you're connected to two of the three dead people .. Interesting !!
undo wrote:Anyway, the flavour about Baxter Johnson you described matches mine somewhat, so my votes stays on scotmany12.
I would like undo to comment about what he knows about Baxter Johnson ..
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:02 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I think we are all probably related to each other in one way or another...to form alignment opinions on this is bad...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:49 am

Post by undo »

Yosarian wrote:Scotmany's flavor claim or whatever is interesting, but it don't seem to explains the PM I got. And I'm not sure why people who were already voting for him are unvoting him now that there's role-based info against him; could the three of you explain that? I don't expect you to take my information as 100% gospal truth, I don't see it as quite that myself, but why would it make you LESS suspicious of him then you were before?
Skruffs warned that we shouldn’t base our suspicions on flavour because we would be probably be wrong.
Beep Beep wrote: Because with the role he's got, he's a prime candidate for being set up and take the blame for the kill, though I have no idea of what the mechanics may be, I'm not willing to lynch him on Day 1 just like that.
You seemed to be, when you said something like “too bad I can’t vote him twice”.
FoS: Beep Beep

ooba wrote: I would like undo to comment about what he knows about Baxter Johnson ..
Not relevant. I’d rather not comment about it, we already have too much information out this first day.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

undo wrote: Skruffs warned that we shouldn’t base our suspicions on flavour because we would be probably be wrong.
Not on flavor, sure, but to not form opinions based on actual role information, especally when there's a contradiction between what the mod told me happened and what Scot is claiming...that seems extreme.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Guardian »

Curiosity -- how did Scot kill melissa?

Really, my biggest problem at this point is Yosarian2's claimed possible sanity issues.

Yosarian2, how sure are you that Scot killed Melissa, Scot knew he killed Melissa, and is thus lying? I am pretty much ready to lynch Scot, unless your response to this is really weak.

Scum wouldn't claim to be a investigation role day 1 and out themselves to get rid of one stinking townie, unless your plan was day 2 to be all "oh damn, I got a townie lynched. Sanity issues :( :("

So I want to hear from you more on how sure you are that Scot is scum.

Unless... you are a lyncher. Then this is a great ploy....

What do you guys think about us hearing more about Yosarian2's role, in totality. Especially with his acknowledgment that he will likely die tonight if we have no doctor, getting that info isn't bad. And it would help us evaluate his truthfulnes... Lyncher bugs me.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:Curiosity -- how did Scot kill melissa?
I don't know, exactally. While my role PM was extremly long and flavorfull and went into a lot of detail, the PM I got in response to my night choice was much shorter and didn't have much detail.
Really, my biggest problem at this point is Yosarian2's claimed possible sanity issues.

Yosarian2, how sure are you that Scot killed Melissa, Scot knew he killed Melissa, and is thus lying? I am pretty much ready to lynch Scot, unless your response to this is really weak.
Well, I wasn't especally confident of my (or, I guess, my character's) assessment that Scot was a "bad guy"; that was what I was worried about in terms of sanity issues. However, I am quite sure that Scot killed Marissa (not Melissa, btw), and I'm not sure how he could do that and not know. So yeah, he's lying about that.
Scum wouldn't claim to be a investigation role day 1 and out themselves to get rid of one stinking townie, unless your plan was day 2 to be all "oh damn, I got a townie lynched. Sanity issues :( :("
Heh. That would be the worst plan ever.
So I want to hear from you more on how sure you are that Scot is scum.
I am sure Scot is scum, yeah. Only thing that could have changed my mind was if he had given some plausable explination for killing Marissa.
Unless... you are a lyncher. Then this is a great ploy....

What do you guys think about us hearing more about Yosarian2's role, in totality. Especially with his acknowledgment that he will likely die tonight if we have no doctor, getting that info isn't bad. And it would help us evaluate his truthfulnes... Lyncher bugs me.
(shrug) I'm not sure how to respond to the "lyncher" accusation here; I can understand why you might suspect that. All I can say is that I hope other people might have role flavor that helps confirm what I've said, but even if so I'm not sure they should claim it unless it becomes necessary.

I'm also unwilling to share anything else about my role abilities at this point, I don't see that as especally helpfull. I do have a little more info in my role PM I could share that perhaps other people could confirm, if people wanted me to.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Guardian »

I doubt that you are a lyncher, but it occurred to me, and that is the only way I see lynching scot going badly.

You hate your dad, want him dead, etc. But I am going to think for a sec, but I think lynching scot is the most probable good thing to do today.
Do not lynch me.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:42 am

Post by undo »

Yosarian2 wrote:
undo wrote: Skruffs warned that we shouldn’t base our suspicions on flavour because we would be probably be wrong.
Not on flavor, sure, but to not form opinions based on actual role information, especally when there's a contradiction between what the mod told me happened and what Scot is claiming...that seems extreme.
You see, this is the way I see it:

Skruffs tells us: "EVery player in this game has a small-to-decent amount of Flavor in their Role PMs. The flavor is but small sugar sprinkles on a very large donut. Do not use the flavor to form conclusions about players; you will most likely be wrong. It is for fun and for stimulating discussion."

...which probably means:

"The flavor in the Role PMs talks about characters in a way that may lead some players to suspect those characters and to think they are scum. However, I advise you not to think they are scum, because you will most likely be wrong, that is, they are probably townies."

Now, my role PM talks about scotmany in a way that made me think he may be scum. But according to Skruffs's warning, I am probably wrong, so he is probably a townie.

Was I clear?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:00 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I'm not lying about anything Yos. Unless skruffs messed up, then either you have sanity issues or you are lying. My bet is on the former.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 am

Post by neko2086 »

Undo, I think you're not getting a very key point here, so let me repeat it:

Role information and
investigation
information are two very very different things. We should not base our scumhunts on role information, you're right there. But Yos is talking about an investigation that is pointing to scot being scum. Unless there are sanity issues, or unless skruffs is a bastardmod, he's not going to fuck with investigations. Let's keep those two things clear in our minds when making these decisions.

Thus, I don't think it would be very wise for anyone with Role information tying into this to bring it up. I think that is getting us into dangerous territory. If you think it helps the investigation, though, well, use your own judgment.
In Tartiflette We Trust
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Woah, neko. Yos said he had an investigation that said he saw me kill Marissa. Let's say Yos is telling the truth, and he saw me kill Marissa. Even he has said that he hates me. His judgment is misconstrued. He has a vendetta against me. This does not point to me being scum. It points to me killing Marissa, a flavor kill, which even I am unaware of. Not to mention a night 0 kill. None of this makes it a mafia kill. Especially since in all of my games I have not seen the mafia try to make a kill appear to be an accident.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm not a bastard mod.
Promise. :)
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Well now, I never even knew this game had started...
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Hm. If by saying his judgement is misconstrued, are you then arguing that he does indeed have a sanity issue? I'm assuming that since he has the power to make an investigation, the results should play an important role to the game, not just for flavor. In your past games, mafia may not have been covering up kills in flavor, but that doesn't have to be the case here, especially when everybody is supposed to have a secret (obviously that means that town can be responsible for deaths as well, but it also means that scum can be responsible for deaths while covering them up).

Now, I'm really not convinced about the sanity of our investigator. At the moment, I think the case against his claim being valid is weak, so I'm willing to believe it. Whether we want to test his sanity or not is another question, but I'm not sure there is a good reason not to. Scot, do you have any inclinations as to whom the correct lynchee might be if it's not you?
In Tartiflette We Trust
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Even if he doesn't have sanity issues, there is no solid proof that this makes me mafia. Now we don't even know if any of these kills were even mafia kills, but you think that the one that is made to be an accident is a kill by the mafia? I have a plausible situation for why Yos might think I killed her. We get into an accident, which she dies in. I panic, and drive away form the scene. It's merely guess work that this kill makes me a member of the mafia.

As for who I would consider a good lynch. Beep!Beep! seems like a decent one.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 am

Post by skitzer »

One more thing I may have forgetted to mention: I have Mrs. Walsh in my post. ARe any of you Mrs. Walsh?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”