Mini 474 - Bergamo Bump-Off (Game Over!)

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Muerrto wrote:Flea didn't like WIFOM apparently. I think newer players(looking at his join date) are a bit spooked by terminology and WIFOM is the worst one. You will almost never see a game where someone doesn't bring up some WIFOM argument, even if they don't call it WIFOM by name. If I'd never said WIFOM and clarified what I was saying I think he wouldn't have voted me. What I didn't like is that I even said my argument was WIFOM and meant nothing but he voted because it was WIFOM and I was using it
Ah. Your post was WIFOM, and it therefore meant very little, which you then later admitted. My point was that, because you posted that you knew it was WIFOM, you therefore knew that the post wasn't helpful at finding scum, which is always suspicious in my eyes.
death_omen wrote:What part of what Khelvaster's post?
The part that I made absolutely clear in my post 108. Let's try reading the thread!
death_omen wrote:somestrangeflea says I won't defend myself cause he thinks I'm scum
No, the "Well he won't, because it's a scumtell! Dur!" was supposed to be a joke about the fact that you seem to feel defending yourself is a scumtell. I figured the Dur! made it clear, but apparently not... =(
death_omen wrote:Why am i the play of the day?
I don't know. Why
are
you the play of the day?
I said you were the play at the moment. Let's try reading the thread!

:roll:
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:33 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

5th Vote Count of Day 1

Hyphen-ated - 1 (Plessiez)
somestrangeflea - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
death_omen - 3 (Khelvaster, vampyrusddg, somestrangeflea)

Not Voting:
- 7 (death_omen, DeathSauce, Hjallti, Hyphen-ated, Malchonn, Muerrto, VampaneseHunter)

7 to Lynch

Prods sent as needed.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:43 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Khelvaster wrote:
DeathSauce wrote: 1) I think Khelvaster is probably town, say 70%, but I disagree with his belief that someone defending their self is not a scumtell. The way someone defends themselves can definitely give you insight into their approach to the game.
Deathsauce, IGMEOY. You just contradicted yourself. There is no way that defending oneself, as opposed to not defending oneself, is a scumtell in and of itself. Of course, they way they defend themselves is important. However, the fact they they defend themselves is not.
I think you misread my comment, or maybe I just expressed it poorly. The only point I am making is that observing the way someone defends their self is useful. I read your comment as that you never wanted to see anyone commenting on anyone-else's self defense.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:58 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Muerrto wrote: And finally, Sauce. He actually worries me the most. He posted a total of three times between my WIFOM post and his vote for me. He was the last to jump on my wagon before Omen jumped on and everyone else jumped off. He didn't vote Omen, just FoS'ed him so he's not quite as vote happy as the other 3. But he continues to misunderstand what I mean by slowing down the game. Did Khev calling for a lynch -2 on Omen before he can even defend himself show you what I mean by slowing down the game? Not content, voting.
You worry me as well. I felt your reaction to a third vote was quite overblown, since there was only the very slightest of chances that there was any danger in it for you. If there had been four more votes right away for a quicklynch it would be be bad for
you
, but good for the town because we'd have a pretty good idea of who to look at.

So that's why I'm not against voting, I like to see votes. Votes prompt action and reaction, like it did with you. That's what gets the game moving and gives us information. I am definitely not against gathering a lot of information on Day One, but sometimes a vote history is all the information you need.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Plessiez »

Okay, one post to reply to Muerrto's questions, then a second post to address people's answers to my original questions (otherwise I'd be left with a super-long post nobody would bother to read, rather than the two fairly long posts I naively assume you'll all be poring over :P).
First off, bout time someone posted some content. I wanted to ask you earlier but didn't wanna be seen as buddying up. You're the oldest player here by join date alone so good to finally hear from you.
Heh. Actually, my join date is pretty misleading. I signed up and played a couple of newbie games, but then I went back to playing on another site. Only started playing here again in the last couple of months.
1. You didn't like my WIFOM but obviously not enough to vote or even FoS me. Saying people who use WIFOM are scum is in itself WIFOM and therefore pointless. I'm assuming that's why you don't freak when people use it. What is your opinion of me however? What I've gotten so far is that you do have some suspiscions or at least are watching me but that since I'm posting content and helping the game you're not concerned at the moment.

My question is what is your straight opinion of me igoring my content? If I was barely posting and thorwing around votes, would you see how I've acted as suspiscious or would you have the same opinion? You seem to be swayed slightly by my participation and since I've never liked that lurkers=scum I'm just curious.
Hmm. Hard to answer this sort of question - if you were barely posting or throwing around votes, your actions in the game would obviously be different from what they have been, and so naturally I'd have a different opinion of you. But if, say, you'd posted everything you did up to #44 but then gone quiet after Khel started accusing you of 'feeding lines' to death_omen, only popping up to cast a quick vote on omen when that bandwagon seemed to pick up steam ...? Yeah, I probably would suspect you more then. Not massively more (I'm really not sure if you're pro-town or not, though I don't think you've given much reason for me to suspect you).

I definitely have a slight bias towards favouring people who contribute to those who lurk. It's not that I think lurking is inherently a scumtell (there are lots of reasons people might lurk, after all), but I do feel that lurking is an activity that hurts the town. If people are posting and sharing their thoughts, I can try to work out if they're scum based on what they're saying and what they're suggesting we do. It's just easier for me to form opinions on them, really. But if somebody's lurking, I can't really hope to do much but guess at their alignment. So, at this stage of the game especially, I like to see that people get pressured equally, and don't just draw negative attention because they're making themselves heard in the game. After the first couple of days, lurking is less of a problem as I tend to have some sort of opinion on everybody already, though I still prefer to see activity and contribution just to keep the game moving.
2. How 'jumpy' do you think Khev, Omen, and Flea have been so far(and to a lesser extent Sauce)? Is throwing around lots of votes dangerous if they're just 2-3 votes on each person? Even though Khev called for a dangerous level on Omen no one's actually followed through so is their being jumpy a problem or a conversation starter?
Well, 'jumpy' really isn't the word I'd use to describe Khev - 'fixated' might be closer to the mark. I'm a bit surprised by how keen he seems on his Muerrto/omen theory still, to be honest. This sort of tunnel vision can be a problem for the town, if the person suffering from it is wrong in their suspicions. It can also be a pretty good way for scum to appear to be contributing and pro-town without having to actually do much work - just deciding at the start of the day that you'll be going after X and Y as scum is certainly easier than actually pretending that you're genuinely unsure of who the scum might be and are looking around everywhere for clues and scumtells.

So, yeah, I'd say that Khel's behaviour suggests that either...

1) Khel's scum, and thus not actually interested in forming new theories or opinions;

2) Khel's naturally just exceptionally brilliant at mafia, capable of spotting connections between scum as soon as the game begins while we mere mortals can only gaze on in awe;

3) Khel's town, and just gets too easily stuck on theories about scum that may or may not turn out to be true.

My money's on (1) or (3) right now, but Khel's free to sig (2) out of context, if he likes :P.

Omen and Flea have been jumpier, I'd say. I don't like how ... agreeable Flea seems to get sometimes: agreeing with vamprysus that Khel took the game out of the random stage, then backtracking on that when I suggested that it was omen who actually did that; and then adding a vote to death_omen simply because he 'agreed' with Khel and thought that the tide was turning that way in any event. Again, this sort of passive attitude is a possible way for scum to avoid attracting attention.

And of course, I'm not impressed with the way omen jumped onto your wagon. That certainly is something I'd like to see him explain some more.

It's true that throwing around lots of votes early on isn't dangerous, (as long as we manage to avoid an accidental speed-lynch...), but I'm not convinced it's all that helpful. If you know you're only getting a couple of votes, and that they'll be removed soon, where's the pressure? And it makes going back to look at voting histories rather difficult; if everybody ends up voting for five or six different people today, it'll be tough to spot any patterns later.
3. What's your opinion on lurkers? We seem to have quite a few, barely stepping in for some comment but with no contribution whatsoever. Is this something you'd see as lynch worthy? Does it scream scum to you or is it more a job for the mod to prod people?
Lurking is annoying, I'd say, and unhelpful to the town, but it's not lynch-worthy in and of itself. I'd imagine that scum are
slightly
more likely to lurk than town, but I'm not sure there's any significant correlation.

However, if a half dozen people are posting frequently and I'm getting pro-town vibes from all of them, I'd be happy enough to lynch one of the lurkers (especially if they're the sort of lurker who often ends up getting prodded or asked to contribute more, but always just manages to avoid being replaced).
4. And finally, what is your MO? Everyone's got one. So far it seems very logic oriented, watching how people respond, questioning it, getting them to clarify each line. Good approach and it seemed to get some interesting answers from Flea. The problem is(and I know because I do the same thing) that nervous townies, new players, jumpy people, etc will slip up and look scummy under scrutiny even thought they're not. So when do you back off, and how much weight do you put on what you get out of the people you're questioning?

Yeah, I apparently have a reputation for being a logical player who approaches the game the way you say. Actually, I'd say my natural inclination is to play the game the way you say you do: focusing on a few people and putting lots of pressure on them early. Having seen a fair number of games where better players than me end up getting fixed on the wrong people because of things that happened on day 1, and missing far more scummy behaviour later on as a result, I've been consciously trying to make sure I keep an eye on everybody and don't rush to form opinions too early. I've also been told that I have a bad habit of favouring theories because I think they're 'clever' or because they're the sorts of things I like to think I might do as scum, rather than sticking to what is most probable, so that's something I'll be trying to work on this game.

But yes, getting flustered under pressure is something that seems to happen to everyone, scum or town, so I'd hesistate to form any firm conclusions as a result of that sort of probing. More interesting to focus on the context of what people say, rather than their tone or attitude, I suspect.
4b. As a side to that. Flea seems to come out of his interaction with you worse than he went in(in your eyes it seems). Do you see him as possible scum at this time or just fumbling for answers to your question? Did he misunderstand what you were asking or did he skirt it?
Well, it's certainly true that I'm not entirely happy with Flea's responses: I don't believe agreeing with people in the interest of avoiding arguments is a good pro-town attitude (ignoring things that are not worth arguing over, sure, but actually
accepting
them is a little much). Then again, I like his more recent post quite a bit more, so ... while I certainly see him as
possible
scum, I guess that I wouldn't say I think he's any more likely to be scum than the rest of you at this stage.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Muerrto »

Hyphen-ated wrote:I think you're scummy for saying this. In general, using poor logic like WIFOM hurts the town, so it is scummy. It's perfectly legitimate to point out that someone has used poor logic and call them scummy for it. It's just like if someone did any other action that hurts the town.

The fact that you are defending WIFOM itself is more suspicious to me than actually using it would be.

Unvote
FoS Muerrto
This is getting old. I understand people don't like WIFOM but you have to actually read the posts to participate people.

I said multiple times it was WIFOM and pointless. I never 'defended' WIFOM I said it was pointless. How did I defend WIFOM again?

Let's pay a bit more attention people.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Plessiez »

Okay, as it turns out I only really feel the need to respond to a handful of people's answers right now. In general people who have simply said who they suspect won't get any reply: just wanted to see what you were thinking.

Still, I do have a few responses for some people

death_omen

1.WLC has been lurking reading the topic actively but not commenting at all, he loses access for a few days then comments nothing at all about the game he just simply says sorry
Yes, you've summarised WLC's behaviour quite well here. Now perhaps you can say what you
think
of WLC - would you stick with your original suggestion that he was "jumpy" (and thus, you implied, scummy?) Or have you reconsidered?

You seem to give two
completely
different answers to (2), by the way. Compare:
I expected him to put up a big arguement why he wasn't scum
and thats exactly what he did.
... with:
I was expecting him saying how scummy i looked instead of him defending himself
, which I must say is exactly what he did.
I am puzzled. Please clarify this answer.

You've also not actually responded to the point of my question, that I can see (though to be fair it was only implicit). Why did you tell us your vote was 'temporary' when you cast it? How did doing so help the town, in your view?

DeathSauce
I think Khelvaster is probably town, say 70%, but I disagree with his belief that someone defending their self is not a scumtell. The way someone defends themselves can definitely give you insight into their approach to the game.

Vampy, I have no solid read on him. He has a sort of "jokey" air that I have seen a few times from scum, but he might just be a really happy guy. If I had to put a percentage on him, I'd say 51% scum.
First off, all these percentages seem a little absurd - more attempts at spurious quantification than helpful answers. What does it mean to say there's a 51% chance than somebody is scum? Is it any different to say that there's a 52% chance, or 53%? If you just mean "I'm not sure what to think about vampryus, but if I had to guess I'd probably say scum", or something like that, why not just say so? (Not really pointing this out as scummy behaviour - just a private peeve, really).

Anyway, Khel addresses this a bit later, I see, but I'd suggest you are either misunderstanding or misinterpreting what he's said. Simply defending yourself is certainly not a scumtell. The manner in which you defend yourself can give the town things to work with, of course, but there's no contradiction there at all. (One could also say that posting in the thread isn't scummy, but the things you post might be, or that voting for people isn't scummy, but the reasons you give for doing so might be).

Hypen-ated
2. Muerrto. I don't really have two more [suspects].
... so you don't find omen scummy then? Not at all? Why not?

Oh, and to quickly comment on the latest couple of debates:

Yes, WIFOM arguments are pretty meaningless, and thus unlikely to help the town. But that doesn't automatically mean the people making them are scummy, any more than people are scum for lurking or making any other sort of bad argument. And in Muerrto's case, the WIFOM was originally a fairly minor comment, and only ended up getting blown up into something bigger by flea's requests for clarification; it's not as if Muerrto was really relying on it as a defence.

And Sauce, I think there's a slight contradiction in your latest post. If having two or three votes on you isn't dangerous, as it's very unlikely to lead to a lynch, why are you so sure that voting will get us information? I definitely believe that
discussion
, and not simply voting, is the best way of getting discussion at this stage of the game. A vote history isn't very useful if we can't see why people were casting the votes and how other people felt about them.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Muerrto »

DeathSauce wrote:You worry me as well. I felt your reaction to a third vote was quite overblown, since there was only the very slightest of chances that there was any danger in it for you.
No, my reaction to the fourth vote was overblown because the reasoning was crap. My reaction to yours was the same I gave to hyphen above, I NEVER defended WIFOM. I said in my original post that it was pointless and proved nothing. Now some people are saying posting pointless things like that are scummy because they don't help the town. Soooo, does that mean posting stuff about the Welsh is scummy? Gimme a break.

IF I had said this proves we're not scum then YES, hell yes that'd be scummy. But I said exactly:
Muerrto wrote:Of course all of this is WIFOM and will probably cause headaches because of course I can't PROVE my role to you any more than he can.
I completely negated my whole post in that line. I straight out said this post is pointless. If you want to look at it as fluff then do so and if you think fluff is scummy you may wanna try rethinking that. I never tried to prove anything with WIFOM because it's not possible.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Hyphen-ated
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Hyphen-ated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Hyphen-ated »

Plessiez wrote:... so you don't find omen scummy then? Not at all? Why not?
I haven't really got a feel for him yet. It will take me a few rereads to get a handle on everybody, mainly because the players are mostly unfamiliar to me. I have to mentally "build files" on people before I can even attach their actions to their name, if that makes any sense.
Muerrto wrote:This is getting old. I understand people don't like WIFOM but you have to actually read the posts to participate people.

I said multiple times it was WIFOM and pointless. I never 'defended' WIFOM I said it was pointless. How did I defend WIFOM again?

Let's pay a bit more attention people.
For some reason you're talking about your original argument here that everybody first jumped on you for. I didn't say anything about that in my post; don't accuse me of not reading posts when you apparently didn't actually read mine. You defended WIFOM in post 117, and I quoted precisely where. Here it is again
Muerrto wrote:Saying people who use WIFOM are scum is in itself WIFOM and therefore pointless.
That's a defense of WIFOM and the people who use it.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Hyphen-ated wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Saying people who use WIFOM are scum is in itself WIFOM and therefore pointless.
That's a defense of WIFOM and the people who use it.
No. That's saying 'saying people who use WIFOM are scummy is WIFOM'.

And that's correct. WIFOM is pointless and baseless so saying someone who uses WIFOM is scummy is also pointless and baseless because it's WIFOM. Not defending WIFOM at all.

Find a game where no one ever used a WIFOM argument and link it. I'll find the argument for you and let you know. Otherwise accept that WIFOM arguments will ALWAYS come up. You ignore them and move on because they mean nothing.

I wasn't trying to defend WIFOM, prove anything w/it, or promote it in any way and therefore your argument itself is also pointless and baseless.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by death_omen »

WLC you need to start posting your views on the game so far... We need to hear from everyone then collectively decide our next step.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

death_omen wrote: You guys seem to be trying to lynch me out so bad somestrangeflea and Khelvaster, do you guys even notice the lurkers in this game? Hjallti, Hyphen, Malchonn and WLC. They have contributed so little with such little relevance the town should be keeping a closer eye on them, esspecially WLC.
And BAM! Death Omen delivers the second-to-last scumthrash of the day. I'm just waiting for him to OMGUS me and try and convince you all I am scum. Rather than looking at active players, he suggests we go lurker hunting. Yeah, maybe we would if nobody active had been scummy.

@all the people who had problems with me wanting to put Death Omen up to -3 or -2:

I wasn't being hypocritical. Even though I am very sure he is scum, it is never good to lynch people without a chance to defend themselves. As I noticed, Death Omen suggested we lurker hunt before extricating himself from his situation. If Death Omen roleclaimed something important, he wouldn't be the lynch of the day. He would be the lynch 2-3 days from now when he was proven false (or NK, if it turned out to be true.) It is less risky this way than lynching someone who has a small chance of turning out to be doc or something without him being able to claim.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

just a quick post to let people know I'm out until sunday afternoon (GMT+1) but I will post up when I'm back from this family reunion, which may require large amounts of alcohol to get through :wink:
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Post by Plessiez »

Khelvaster wrote:
death_omen wrote: You guys seem to be trying to lynch me out so bad somestrangeflea and Khelvaster, do you guys even notice the lurkers in this game? Hjallti, Hyphen, Malchonn and WLC. They have contributed so little with such little relevance the town should be keeping a closer eye on them, esspecially WLC.
And BAM! Death Omen delivers the second-to-last scumthrash of the day. I'm just waiting for him to OMGUS me and try and convince you all I am scum. Rather than looking at active players, he suggests we go lurker hunting. Yeah, maybe we would if nobody active had been scummy.
:roll: Unless we're
trying
to play badly, we can and should do both: continue to pressure death_omen and other active players who have done things we find scummy
and
work to get the lurkers to contribute. It certainly isn't an all-or-nothing proposition: nobody with the town's interests in mind should propose either focusing exclusively on the lurkers or giving them a free pass.

In particular, I'd like Khel to say what he thinks about the fact Hypen claims to have no feel for death_omen. Does this not strike you as strange?
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Hjallti »

I thought lurking was not playing the game, I am just absent this week I think death_omen is trying to put some strange light on me. I think it is scummy to do it witthout even noting the signature and the post were it is stated
FoS:death_omen

Hjallti will be back starting on Monday. This post was in response to the prod I sent him, but I hadn't noticed the posted V/LA in his sig. -Mod
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Plessiez »

Hjallti wrote:I thought lurking was not playing the game, I am just absent this week
Now that you're back, I'd appreciate answers to the questions I asked you in #107.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Plessiez wrote: In particular, I'd like Khel to say what he thinks about the fact Hypen claims to have no feel for death_omen. Does this not strike you as strange?
Even more striking, hypen only has made 2 posts since his single random vote. Having to read through this after a 10-day delay could be the reason he hasn't gotten a handle on Death Omen yet. Thus, this doesn't really strike me as strange. However, the way he says Muerrto is defending WIFOM when Muerrto is actually saying it is irrelevant is very telling.

FoS: Hyphen

I still think Death Omen is the correct play for today.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Malchonn
Malchonn
Townie
Malchonn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Malchonn »

death_omen wrote: You guys seem to be trying to lynch me out so bad somestrangeflea and Khelvaster, do you guys even notice the lurkers in this game? Hjallti, Hyphen, Malchonn and
WLC
. They have contributed so little with such little relevance the town should be keeping a closer eye on them,
esspecially WLC

Malchonn and WLC are of the same mould it seems, they both have had problems post 2 line posts, saying they are sorry and will be posting later on. I will keep a closer eye on these two people.

In conclusion I think we should pay attention to the lurkers I mentioned above and watch somestrangeflea and
WLC
WLC
you need to start posting your views on the game so far... We need to hear from everyone then collectively decide our next step.
Question for Death Omen, why are you so hung up on WLC? I think you probably could have address some other things in the #135 post instead just of a prod, just IMO
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Death Omen is using the old scum tactic of diverting attention. He figures that we might go lynch a player who isn't really in this game anymore than lynch him. WLC has made two posts this game: a random vote and a promise to reread the thread and post content. He said he would post something on Tuesday. It is Sunday now.

This is not a scumtell, this is an inactive player. Death Omen is scumming around trying to get this inactive lynched d1, when he should really be replaced.

Speaking of which, mod, will you please replace WLC?

Who agrees with me that Death Omen is today's lynch, hands-down?
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by death_omen »

Question for Death Omen, why are you so hung up on WLC? I think you probably could have address some other things in the #135 post instead just of a prod, just IMO
WLC hasnt posted in a week, isn't that enough to go on... and what more he has been lurking all game...

Now i feeling a bit of scummy vibes from Khel, he is now asking how many people think i should be lynched out today. He basically wants a retake on the position. Him and his scummy mates are and what to do next, he also wants this day done with which he has hinted.

Look for those against me, you don't have that much to go on you are basically jumping on me with more theory than fact.

@ Khelvaster:
Khelvaster wrote:Death Omen is using the old scum tactic of diverting attention. He figures that we might go lynch a player who isn't really in this game anymore than lynch him. WLC has made two posts this game: a random vote and a promise to reread the thread and post content. He said he would post something on Tuesday. It is Sunday now.

This is not a scumtell, this is an inactive player. Death Omen is scumming around trying to get this inactive lynched d1, when he should really be replaced.

Speaking of which, mod, will you please replace WLC?

Who agrees with me that Death Omen is today's lynch, hands-down?
Do you have something against me personally? You have been trying to get me lynched every since YOU randomly changed your mind on post 100. As for WLC I am in no possible way trying to get him lynched... I just want him to post his views on the game. We should try looking at the whole apple instead of focusing on one point that was all i was saying when i said that. You have a tendency to overlook things.

@ Malchonn, could you contribute more you only really started playing on this page. A review on every single player maybe, or something I just want to hear your views on this game in more detail than just quoting and posting a 2 line answer directed at one person...

Ok now we are forgetting about some people, some of who i've already mentioned.

VampanezeHunter: Has been slient and hasnt posted ever since page 4, post subject:98.

Some people are just waiting for things to unfold rather pushing them along.. For all those people that fall into that category
IGEMOY.

FOS:Khelvaster
[/b][/table][/quote]
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by death_omen »

I seriously suck with codes. Forgive me lol.
-DO

Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

death_omen wrote:
WLC hasnt posted in a week, isn't that enough to go on... and what more he has been lurking all game...
Which is definitely not enough reason to lynch someone.
Now i feeling a bit of scummy vibes from Khel, he is now asking how many people think i should be lynched out today. He basically wants a retake on the position.
That is correct. I don't want to keep arguing against you if everyone already made a firm decision not to lynch you today. That would be detrimental to the town.
Look for those against me, you don't have that much to go on you are basically jumping on me with more theory than fact.
Well, outside of a flat-out scumclaim, everyone needs theory to show scumminess.

Do you have something against me personally? You have been trying to get me lynched every since YOU randomly changed your mind on post 100. As for WLC I am in no possible way trying to get him lynched... I just want him to post his views on the game. We should try looking at the whole apple instead of focusing on one point that was all i was saying when i said that. You have a tendency to overlook things.
I've been trying to get you lynched because, on post 100, I found you say something that looked incredibly scummy. Instead of admitting that you were wrong and moving on or countering my argument and moving on, you kept digging yourself a deeper hole. You then stopped trying to counter my arguments, and instead moved into attack mode. Instead of trying to get others lynched, if you really are town, you should worry about yourself.

I am overlooking your points because I am totally convinced you are scum. Every single one of your posts has added to the way I think you are scum.

Everybody: Let's finish him.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Sorry guys I got caught up in lots of family events and forgot this. :( I really am sorry!

Anyway
Questions:

1) Are you still as suspicious of Khel as you were in #49? What do you think of his vote on death_omen now?
2) If you had to speculate, who do you think Khel might be partnered with if he's scum?
3) Conversely, if Khel is not scum, who would your top suspect be?
Answers!

1) I am not as supicious of Khev now as he has pointed out some very interesting points on people which has opened my eyes!
2)Um, well I think his partner would be Death Sauce. I think he is agreeing a bit too much with Khev.
3)Well next would be WLC because he is lurking!

Again i appologise for the inconvieneince(I can't spell!)
[/b]
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Whoops I forgot about the DO part!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:04 am

Post by Plessiez »

death_omen: I asked you some questions in #131. I'd appreciate answers.
Khelvaster wrote:Who agrees with me that Death Omen is today's lynch, hands-down?
I certainly don't. He's the most suspicious player right now, yes. But to be honest, I find your obsession with him (you've been suggesting he's "really scummy" since at least #63) rather irritating, and certainly not helpful to the town. As soon as we say "death_omen is definitely today's lynch", as you want us to say, we lose all ability to pressure other people and to gain information. If you're calling for players to be replaced, you should want their replacements to be able to speak up
before
we go to night, surely? And if you're truly convinced death_omen is scum, you should be trying to find his partners: and putting pressure on people
today
is going to find any partners faster than waiting until tomorrow to look (with the added bonus that if death_omen is in fact not scum, you might still unearth some real scum today while looking for his non-existent 'partners').

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”